Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Would it be? I have no idea how stuff works, I just assumed the game already tracked stuff in milliseconds since things like balance/eq readouts for attacks show them.
  • Nope, I meant visually. You're suggesting adding a fourth time unit to every single log entry for the sake of a handful of entries relevant to a tiny number of players - doesn't seem necessary, and it might even end up being confusing.
    I suggested a config you could toggle to display that 4th time unit if you wanted.

Followed by:

1. Can herbs auto inc when you die or automatically stack together?

2. Can dementia please not proc rooms like that? 

Between the two things above, I didn't crash, but I was stuck there for a decent amount of time waiting for my client to process that - maybe I don't use the best client or have a really good computer, but that is an ABSURD amount of spam.
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moirean said:

Followed by:

Between the two things above, I didn't crash, but I was stuck there for a decent amount of time waiting for my client to process that - maybe I don't use the best client or have a really good computer, but that is an ABSURD amount of spam.
    Yeeaaahhh... I don't mind the dementia. It's really just the herb spam on death. It'd be nice if they stacked simply or something. I'm a little against the auto inc though... >_> I like taking them to help replenish my supplies and stuff!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
    Dementia in general is fine. It's when it pulls up a divine storage room with hundreds of items, each with their own dropped descriptions...
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Standing here looking AWESOME is Nikel. The Greyface, C.E.O., paces about the room, an aura of power and confidence emanating from him.

wat
    Carivah
  • Does this mean I get jester class here too

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited March 2014
    Wait, isn't the Greyface CEO in the Erisian Pyramid...
    We get Jester.... 

Wat just happened....

Also..

A handsome middle-aged man is sprawled on a bed here.

Oh Myyy
    Lin
    Yeah I'm fairly sure half of that stuff has never seen the light of day in Aetolia. XD I like dementia in general, I give it to myself sometimes to see silly places. Just...sometimes it's like whoa spam.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I want to say that @Oleis said he was gonna make herbs stack on death.

I also want to say I'd seen evidence that he'd already done so, and that pastebin confuses me. But it's after one in the morning and I have not slept well recently.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • edited March 2014
    Moirean said:

Followed by:

Both those logs seem highly...unusual circumstances. First the herb spam...im not sure why Xiuh was holding that many random herbs. Why was he holding so many kola nuts and sileris berries? I admit that is the first time I see a herb spam -that- long and...just random. Those just seem like very unsual circumstances and seems more like a bug in Xiuh's system that badly needs fixing.

As for the dementia..another case of a very random large log.. when I've had dementia, I've never had such a -long- essay sent to me. Strange it seems both hit you in the same event...

Also :

Wreathed in an aura of sullen, surging air, Regent Ogba of Hashan stands here, straight-backed and proud.

Pretty sure she no longer exists >>.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    The Kerrithrim is locked away somewhere, so can Ogba

RIP OGBA, lost but never forgotten 
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Look like normal circumstances to me.

People have noted and complained about Xiuh's system spamming since last year.

Dementia takes every object in the room and replaces it with something fun and different. If you a lot of detritus in a room (say, Xiuh dying and dropping a billion individual herb items) then you're gonna get a lot of spam.

Calipso said:
    Wreathed in an aura of sullen, surging air, Regent Ogba of Hashan stands here, straight-backed and proud.

Pretty sure she no longer exists >>.
    I believe it's common practice for the Gods to put away mobs when they're "dead", as opposed to deleting them.
    ArekaTeani
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Jesters\Shamans came out during the same event on Achaea that split Aetolia off, so it's possilbe that all of the Shaman\Jester stuff got copied over when they copied Ach into Aet.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:
    Jesters\Shamans came out during the same event on Achaea that split Aetolia off, so it's possilbe that all of the Shaman\Jester stuff got copied over when they copied Ach into Aet.
    Not too stray too far off topic, but there's numerous relics of Achaea that are floating around in Aetolia. Lupus' Hunting Grounds, the werewolves that were bumming it up there. I even found some areas that were in the works for Achaea when I was combing through a room dump in an attempt to find some building projects that were in limbo.
  • edited March 2014
    Haern said:
    Daskalos said:
    Not too stray too far off topic, but there's numerous relics of Achaea that are floating around in Aetolia. Lupus' Hunting Grounds, the werewolves that were bumming it up there. I even found some areas that were in the works for Achaea when I was combing through a room dump in an attempt to find some building projects that were in limbo.
    I personally love finding those little easter eggs of Achaean elements still hidden in Aetolia. Makes me giggle that they were missed and makes me feel nostalgic. I have several i've found that I giggle with my friends over, on my clan. They arent so bad XD.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It's not that they were missed, it's that Aetolia was literally a copy of Achaea. Aetolia exists within Achaea as a universe that was split off and sealed with Varian in it. Sarapis 'copied' Achaea and pushed it over. Hashan was destroyed in the event, hence why we have no Hashan. Aetolia was then started (from day 1) and evolved from there. When something like that is found, it's just assumed that it is something from before the Grand Artifice. We've made great strides in de-achaeanizing (and to Aetolians, Achaea doesn't exist, but it would be perfectly natural for Achaeans to go 'I wonder what happens in Aetolia these days') but some things haven't been gotten to.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

"Having lots of--"

"RP, just say RP."
    MoireanSerricePerilunaErzsebet
  • And then it'd end in 'Wat u say?' and six hours of pk followed by a month of unicornsing on the forums about how op everything is.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• Toz said:
    And then it'd end in 'Wat u say?' and six hours of pk followed by a month of unicornsing on the forums about how op everything is.
    Not so different from how we operate here then?

>_>

CalipsoMoirean
  • Daskalos said:
    It's not that they were missed, it's that Aetolia was literally a copy of Achaea. Aetolia exists within Achaea as a universe that was split off and sealed with Varian in it. Sarapis 'copied' Achaea and pushed it over. Hashan was destroyed in the event, hence why we have no Hashan. Aetolia was then started (from day 1) and evolved from there. When something like that is found, it's just assumed that it is something from before the Grand Artifice. We've made great strides in de-achaeanizing (and to Aetolians, Achaea doesn't exist, but it would be perfectly natural for Achaeans to go 'I wonder what happens in Aetolia these days') but some things haven't been gotten to.
    Yes yes I know the story, but since it's beginning (10 years ago now? Not sure), Aetolia has been attempting to weed out achaean elements, especially things like names of Achaean gods or achaean cities in areas/items. I like finding those elements and giggling over them.

Setne said:
    "I wonder what's happening in Aetolia these days."

"I bet they're having lots of rp."

"What's rp?"

Achaea may not be 'overly' focused on RP as Aetolia is, but it seems they tend to be more lively and active though. Perhaps it isnt them that should be getting the dissing :P.
  • TozToz
    edited March 2014
    Xavin said:
    Toz said:
    And then it'd end in 'Wat u say?' and six hours of pk followed by a month of unicornsing on the forums about how op everything is.
    Not so different from how we operate here then?

>_>
    To put it in perspective:

If you go into the open pk area in Aetolia (Fracture), 3-4 might gank you if you get unlucky.

The last time I played Achaea, I accidentally tracked to someone in an enemy city then immediately tracked out, and I got ganked by 8 people within 20 seconds.

EDIT: And they all had veils

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2014
    TIL I'm in the wrong game...

Just joking please don't hurt me
    IosyneJensenAarbrokLinCalipsoHavenInfin

Is there any chance @razmael and @oleis could reconsider the policy of having mentor credits only work for the first 3 purchases? It kinda encourages people to just make alts for subsequent purchases (which feels weird), and with the introduction of things like Iron Elite and monthly promos, people are more likely to buy smaller amounts of credits more often, which means mentors kinda end up shafted even if they have proteges who have been around for a long time and spent a lot (cough: see Toz's purchases). I specifically tell those I mentor to try the Iron Elite if they are interested in a purchase - it's the best bang for the buck, even if it yields me a tiny amount of mentor credits as a result.

IshinAlexina
  • Moirean said:

Is there any chance @razmael and @oleis could reconsider the policy of having mentor credits only work for the first 3 purchases? It kinda encourages people to just make alts for subsequent purchases (which feels weird), and with the introduction of things like Iron Elite and monthly promos, people are more likely to buy smaller amounts of credits more often, which means mentors kinda end up shafted even if they have proteges who have been around for a long time and spent a lot (cough: see Toz's purchases). I specifically tell those I mentor to try the Iron Elite if they are interested in a purchase - it's the best bang for the buck, even if it yields me a tiny amount of mentor credits as a result.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Moirean said:

I have no mentees, so this would not benefit me at all, but I support this message. I don't think Iron Elite or Lessons or Cryptic Chests or anything other than straight credits homie actually benefits the mentor, so if a cryptic chest promo burps up and a mentee buys 3 packages of 5 chests, that bonus is entirely lost. I have no clue what the percentage is for mentors here (Moi, you seem to be ballin' in mentees, what is the %?) but 5% on all credit purchases for life wouldn't be OP. I mean, even if you mentored Alexina or Daskalos, or both, you'd have all of what, 1000 credits? Think of all the money they had to spend to generate those free credits... must have been some badass mentors.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2014
    From 'help mentors':

- Mentors will receive 15% of the first three credit purchases of their proteges. Only a character's first mentor will receive this bonus, and the credits will be bound.

I've made alts for people to benefit from my credit purchases which is sort of a really unnecessary step to have there in the first place. Making alts solely for mentor credits means that there'll be lots of more characters just sitting in limbo; meanwhile, new people joining the game will buy fairly small amounts of credits initially so the first three purchases will not give a very big amount of mentor credits.

Ideally, I'd like to see people generating protege credits instead of mentor credits (or maybe in addition to them). That is, whenever you buy credits, you generate a small pool of credits that you could distribute amongst your proteges. It's an idea I had some time ago but it seems like it'd be open to the same sort of loopholes as the current credit rewards are (i.e making alts to give your friends mentor credits).