Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It's all well and good for the PKers to say that, but personally the adrenaline of a fight ruins my day whether I win, lose, or escape, so if that came in I wouldn't leyline. "So what," say the PKers, but there's precious little already that we who don't wanna do the fighting can do to play with the ylem system. It's supposed to be for everyone, not just people who fight.

ArekaXavinPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Using the tactic "run like the wind" when being attacked at minors could end up with people starting another shouting match about cowardice (causing the Gods to drink themselves to death) when the one being hunted might just not be interested in that kind of conflict. I get jumped fairly often when I go on minor runs and most of the times it's by people I know I can't stand a chance against in a 1 vs 1 fight. If it were, even if it would be an even fight and I'd lose, maybe I'd continue with the chase, but as it is, why bother? If I really want a fight, I go to Lessers. I do minors to relax, like people go bashing. If I get jumped when in that mood, I just go do something else.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I just pretend the people jumping me are aggro mobs that I tank and ignore for the 15 seconds extraction takes before I move on to the next minor.
    IshinSessizlik
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    @Oleis‌ Please for the love of god can we have this added.

Please allow shopkeepers to use the crafting shelf to make tarot cards as I can not stack them or place them in decks to sell. Instead I must have 100 single cards on my floor at al times which takes up space.

Therefore can we have them either stack/shopinc or perhaps add this command so they get crafted from the shop cache
    price design tarot_card (price) shelf (number)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

MoireanFurtum
    Stack, Price design and SHOPINC would all be fantastic. I stopped stocking them because holy floor space batman.
    Ishin
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Can we have a syntax to remove MASK SCENT defence? Please? PLEASE?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I would like to buy an artifact that enhances my olfactory sense so MASK SCENT doesn't hide people from me.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    KerrynMoireanDemarcus
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I would like to buy an artifact that enhances my ocular sense so PHASE doesn't hide people from me.
    Stathan
    Lol
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I'd like to buy an artifact that lets me absolve people.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinTragerPerilunaStathanMoirean
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'd like for all the skills/artifacts hiding people to be removed so you can always find everyone for fun RP.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    One time Ilyon jumped me at a leyline and I thought he was an eld.
    SetneAarbrok
  • But he IS an eld.
  • Ooookay, okay, find something else Small Idea-y to talk about, you lovable dorks.

i am rapture coder
  • I wonder if people stopped using public posts because they cost gold? If I were King of Aetolia, I would make only consecutive public posts within a certain time frame cost gold.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Gold is kinda like not ever a problem. Just spend about an hour bashing and you'll have enough gold to post all week.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    People make public posts when they have something to say/announce. The frequency has dropped because the playerbase has evolved past the frequent "no u" "no ur AND ur face" "no u, ur face AND ur mother" posting battles, for the most part.
    Omei
  • Draiman said:

Gold is kinda like not ever a problem. Just spend about an hour bashing and you'll have enough gold to post all week.

I was referring to it more in the psychological sense.

I always thought posting battles were fun.
  • TozToz
    edited June 2014
    Knick said:

Draiman said:

I was referring to it more in the psychological sense.

I always thought posting battles were fun.
    Here, this can tide you over.

Poster one writes, "$org is the greatest org there ever was. $cause will rule the world one day, because we're awesome."

Poster two writes, "$org sucks, $org2 will beat you down just like we did at $obscure_point_in_the_past. $cause2 is unstoppable.

Poster one writes, "$poster2 sucks, you're a coward and you ran from me $obscure_point2, and I heard you like to kick puppies."

Poster three writes, "Nobody cares, shut up."

Poster two writes, "I'll kill you."

Poster four writes, "(insert lame, try-hard joke here)"

Poster five inflicts us with their mommy issues by trying to be funny, too.

Poster one writes, "$org will triumph."

Poster two writes, "No u."

And that's why I don't really read the news/listen to shouts.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TeaniAliceOmeiCiarelle
  • How about an option that will turn off org announcements on login? I mean, a 20 line announcement is pretty ridiculous and alot of spam right when I login...
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Zsadist said:

How about an option that will turn off org announcements on login? I mean, a 20 line announcement is pretty ridiculous and alot of spam right when I login...

Talk to the org?
    Zsadist said:

How about an option that will turn off org announcements on login? I mean, a 20 line announcement is pretty ridiculous and alot of spam right when I login...

I would say, 'Come join the Syssin, we only have like 2-3 during the busy times.' but you and I would end up trying to kill each other within the week lol. <3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Zsadist
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Palm resting on the butt of his sword, Jensen Starion coldly states, "Zsadist, fer tha crimes of high treason, conspiracy ta murder, 'n loiterin'; ya have been found guilty!" He looks to Grand General Ishin, who offers a curt nod in exchange. "Yer punishment is death," Jensen says, with a feral grin. "Any last words,?" the Yelani asks, as he lifts the bastard sword high above his head. Zsadist is barely able to utter the first syllable before Jensen brings down the blade, cleaving Zsadist's head from his shoulders.

Syssin handle that sorta thing well :D
    edited June 2014
    Oops, seems it already does this! Nevermind!
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited June 2014
    Would it be possible to let us check our resources for another class while in a different class? What I mean is, I have Indorani and Praenomen. Would it be possible to let me use the essence skill to check my essence level while I'm in Praenomen so long as I have class and the skill? So on and so forth for other classes with similar resources (spark/devotion/whatever else there might be).

Edit: Wording.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Perhaps an oversight (Perhaps not), but could wildmarks be able to be removed by other Sentinels? It's getting kind of ridiculous seeing the random nonsense people like to post up around the Core/Forests :(
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

MoireanAngwe
  • StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    I would buy an artifact that lets you change vampire specialization without needing a bloodborn to do the ritual for you.
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
    DraimanJensen
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

AliceTrager
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we get an artifact or sigil that keeps armor on you? Like how fist sigils keep weapons in your grip, I'd like something to keep people from removing my armor!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2