Short Questions

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Yes.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Arbre is all about the sparkly vamps too.
    Arbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Arbre said:
    Yes.
    LinAlastairAlexinaHaydynAldricArbreMephistolesTzaPeriluna
    I have someone on ignore.  When I asked if anyone had any complaints, they spoke up on CT.  I found this out due to someone else asking me what they mean.  What is the proper procedure?  I have no desire to take them off of ignore.  I just ignored them, since they were the only negativish reply anyways.
    (Market): You say, "Accepting free chalices. Curing vampires."
    -- tells you, "Hmm... and because I like you Ellenia just stated she'd give a reward for anyone who brings her your head."
    You tell ---, "What did I do to deserve it?"
    --- tells you, "'Speaking of curing the blood like it is a disease'"

Isn't this pushing PK cause just a bit far?
    Daskalos
  • Yeaaaaaah, it kindof is

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Does this mean Tsvanni can be PK'd for her market ads? 
    DaskalosArbreRivas
  • How is that pushing it? She's actively trying to take away members of (most likely) the city that Ellenia is in charge of. I'm actually surprised they(Bloodloch/Dominion/Vampire people) haven't tried to do something before now.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Areka said:
    Does this mean Tsvanni can be PK'd for her market ads? 
    Give in to your most basic desires, Areka. Seek the bone.

Aarbrok
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Ok, I'll just kill Tsvanni every time she markets people to SEEK undeath. This works both ways!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I'm just a peon, so likely my opinion matters little, but - Why haven't you already been doing this? If people advertise as trying to recruit repeatedly, it certainly seems as if they're asking for some form of conflict from those they offend, and there's really no denying that they know they're offending people. I'm not saying you should just olol kill her, but it's another opportunity to do..something.

Because it's griefy and excessive. What's to stop me from deciding not to kill everyone that kills undead cures next? I've killed for some pretty iffy things in my past, but this is a bit insane. The cure is needed for people to enjoy the game, just as people that want to switch sides need to seek undeath.

Killing someone for advertising a service that is halfway needed for a player to enjoy the game is just lultastic, and not something I would do, but if one side wants to start getting griefy, I can do it back until they stop. Or we can just be adults about it and realize that the cure is one of those things that is part of the game and move on.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanHaydyn
  • I dunno about just jumping someone over it. Mebbe something along the lines of publicly challenging them, as a way of proving the might of a vampire, then ridiculing the living as weak and feeble, if they lose/decline. 
    RivasMoireanAngwe
  • Again, as I said, you probably shouldn't just olol kill someone for it. I'm not sure what brought on your comment about adults and such, but I'm not sure 'They did it, so now I'm doing it' has ever really solved anything. All I'm saying is that it's an opportunity - Ellenia took it straight to PK, that doesn't mean you have to.
    The cure becomes one of those fine lines between IC and OOC, just because there are about three of us in the game who know how to do it.  I go way out of my way to do it for people, making up excuses to do it for Spireans, just because I know that if I don't do it, chances are no one will, and they might get frustrated at being stuck in a class in a manner that no other class forces you to keep.  I've done dozens and dozens of cures and in all that time, no one from Bloodloch and co has said a word to me outside of some cheesy market ads, and now, after doing 4 cures in 48 hours, 8 in the past 3 weeks, and a lot of really bad shouts, they're attacking me for -advertising- it?  I generally don't have problems with taking my lumps, but this just is going to have me linger in Duiran until people forget about it.
  • RhoRho
    edited April 2013
    Arbre said:
    The cure becomes one of those fine lines between IC and OOC, just because there are about three of us in the game who know how to do it.  
    Just because nobody bothers to learn it, it doesn't mean that you somehow get an excuse from someone's retaliation for your character's actions

Edit: And I doubt it's for singularly advertising it. Maybe Ellenia is fed up that you're curing so many people and Arbre's advertisement just tipped things over.
  • It's...pretty excessive imo.

Can I PK someone for undercutting my prices on market? They're hurting me by cutting into my profits.

Can I PK the person who inducts an ex-Vampire into Duiran? They helped take someone away from the city too.

I could wander around PKing everyone I see, as a Carnifex, and have it be totally IC. Just because you technically can doesn't mean you should.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TeaniMoireanAarbrokAngwe
  • Rho said:
    I'm not saying you should just olol kill her, but it's another opportunity to do..something.

Rho said:
    Again, as I said, you probably shouldn't just olol kill someone for it. All I'm saying is that it's an opportunity - Ellenia took it straight to PK, that doesn't mean you have to.
    Twice now I've mentioned that I don't think it should go straight to PK. I don't think it should go straight to killing someone for it. I think my point has just been lost.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe we're even having this discussion. Is it okay to claim PK on someone because one of their own saw a way out of their faction? If an Atabahi leaves the Rout because Areka was jiggling her boobs and they fell in love, can you claim PK on Areka? Could PK be claimed on Lin because she gave her daughter to Kiyotan, thus depriving the Dark side of a player?

This is stupid.
    AlastairRivasAngwe
    It wouldn't be the tit jiggling. It would be the gun show and the gluts.

/flex
    Angwe
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I think it's largely because Ellenia wouldn't pull it on anyone particularly known that could potentially destroy her. Not that Arbre couldn't, but it's pushing it.
    DaskalosAngwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited April 2013
    I don't think it's wrong for any of those reasons so long they're roleplayed out prior and true to the established character.

You -can- play a mass murderer. You -can- play a serial killer. You -can- kill for the slightest provocation or silly reasons like a target has purple eyes or recruiting people from your organization. It's stated right in the PK rules, but you also have to abide by the clause which is that you -must- establish your role first. And I don't mean you RP at your buddies then go off killing people nor assuming your reputation precedes you.

You have to role-play at the target. I imagine the admin would be watching you closely if you've decided to take on a potentially griefy role to see if you're doing it to their satisfaction. You're held to a much, much higher standard with these roles. The down-side would be the target could probably just run while you're emoting at them (which is a serious indication the player isn't interested and should at least be considered if nothing else) but... it's the price you gotta pay for playing a role that could drastically change the health of the community.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Templar classed folk - anyone able to explain the change to Sacrifice? None of the other empowerments/venoms fire when there's no target to hit, which leaves me confused on this. Normal strikes aren't showing this, so is it just for javelin/thrown? 

For reference: 

- The Sacrifice empowerment will now proc should you not be in the
        same room as your target.

• edited April 2013

Anyone know what these are and if I need cures for them?

Shimmering with vorpal power, \w+ directs a gleaming scimitar at you, and you feel struck by something unseen.

A bilious aura around \w+ flares, reaching out and touching you with its sickly power.

Blinding light envelops a gleaming scimitar as \w+ unleashes his retribution upon you. The energy absorbs harmlessly into your body, leaving a slight tingling sensation in the tips of your fingers.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    It means that we can use sacrifice with javelins now, basically. Before, if you empowered the javelin with sacrifice and then threw it, the empowerment wouldn't hit because you weren't in the room to lose your hp for it. Now it will.

1) Vorpal -  Delivers a hidden affliction based on whatever  empowerment\venom they have on the blade.

2) That's either pestilence (hidden aff) or withering. Not sure.

3) Retribution. Templar skill, which if I recall (and this is off the top of my head) has conditions that set it up as an instakill. I think. Haven't played too terribly much in templar lately.

Mastema
  • Hmm, cheers for the reply. I wonder if its withering or not!
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • @mastema

2- thats pestilence aura going off. If you don't see an affliction message right after, then they have it up as an aura, so its hidden, if you do see the afff, then its a blessing, that is a notifier that pesti went off.

@Daskalos

1- Does vorpal really mask the affliction it gives the target? I didn't realize that...I"ll have to test when I wake up.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Pretty sure Vorpal isn't hidden, and the AB is just misleading like crazy.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • am I allowed to upvote everything Arbre says just because of her sig and no other reason?
    Stathan