LOVE

Comments

• @Elene why isn't there a 'no' button?

AlelaElene
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Rhine said:
    Not really sure where to put this, but here is fine. For anyone that has attempted to interact with me since... June-ish, I apologize. I've not really been in the emotional or mental mindset to do much of anything. My biological father contacted me for the very first time and it's been a rollercoaster of emotions since then. We slowly got to know each other through Facebook messages, then texts and phone calls. I discovered that my biological mother, whom I haven't had a relationship with in the last twelve years due to her selfishness and immaturity, kept him away from me when I was younger because he didn't want her. I was guarded at first and didn't let him get too close, but I eventually let my guard down and I drove down last Saturday to meet him and my older brother for the first time. It was great and I'm really glad I finally decided to do that. My brother called me Tuesday and said that our father had a heart attack and the doctors weren't sure if he'd pull through. He coded and it took them about an hour to get him stable, but he was on life support while they were attempting to figure out how much brain activity he still had. My brother had to make the decision yesterday to go ahead and pull the plug and our father passed away ten minutes later. I'm thankful for the time I had with him and the opportunity I had to meet him. I am thankful for my amazing support system of friends I have made in Aetolia that have been with me every step of the way for their understanding of my aloofness the last year. Hug your loved ones and don't hold onto anger for too long. :heart:
    It's lovely that you were able to spend some time with him before that. How bittersweet. Take care of yourself. 
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    RhineBenedictoLinStineIesidGavramelAloli
  • edited May 2021
    I love people coming through after veritable disasters. There are many things I don't love about some recent IG events, but the people who got us through are all LOVE material.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    DrystinAloli
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Someone doubled the payouts for vermin and they actually pay alright now and isn't a total waste of time; it's made vermin-related milestones at least feel worth it! This was a silent change, so idk who or why this happened, but thank you!

• Tetchta said:
    Someone doubled the payouts for vermin and they actually pay alright now and isn't a total waste of time; it's made vermin-related milestones at least feel worth it! This was a silent change, so idk who or why this happened, but thank you!
    Really? How long has this been going for?
  • I started drawing again. Feels nice.
    RebraTetchtaLinTahmSibatti
    Ayastia said:

Really? How long has this been going for?

NFI, I just noticed it like a week or so ago.

• Tahm got his first real roleplay experience today, and despite getting circles ran around me in the fancy emotes department, it was an absolute blast. <3
    AeryxAyastiaTetchtaTeani
  • Tahm said:
    Tahm got his first real roleplay experience today, and despite getting circles ran around me in the fancy emotes department, it was an absolute blast. <3
    One thing I have learned is never compare your emotes to another's. Everyone writes differently and people are very critical of themselves. Just do the best you can. I think I'm unicorns at writing but it seems most people enjoy so... hey, that's what matters. 
    edited July 2021
    Yeah listen to @Ayastia, @Tahm. People also tend to be self-critical while glorifying other people. For some dumb reason, @Aolin seems to think my 7th-grade-reading-level emotes are extremely good, while she's incredibly critical of her own extremely good writing. She's objectively wrong, my emotes are clearly dumb, but it just goes to show you how thinking "I'm a bad writer/emoter/RPer" is extremely prevalent.

My general advice overall is "react how your character would react in the setting, based on what your partners are doing, and what other things are happening." If you're doing that, you're always roleplaying well, period. Doesn't matter if you're using basic says and premotes. If you're reacting authentically, that's roleplay. It's also vital because a lot of us don't know our characters until they do/say something specific in a moment. Pre-planning character motivations is all well and good, but you should be ready to abandon those at a moment's notice should something else feel more organic/natural. Some more good advice is to try and remain a little wedged from your character if possible, and remind yourself that things that happen to them aren't happening to you. Sounds basic, but I've found that it's a frequently-forgotten fundamental that all of us could probably use a refresher course on.

Aolin
  • Lol. I agree Tetchta. I sit there and wonder why @Teotl wastes time with me because their writing is so much superior and them they say stupid stuff like 'I like your writing!' Some people...
    Holbrook
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    Tetchta said:

She's objectively wrong, my emotes are clearly dumb

TetchtaIesidSryaen
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Tahm said:

Tahm got his first real roleplay experience today, and despite getting circles ran around me in the fancy emotes department, it was an absolute blast. <3</p>

Don't worry, even we godly types sometimes suffer from bouts of anxiety while emoting.

I mean, we're obviously wrong, because we're gods, but still.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    SeurimasTahmBenedictoXavinAloli
  • edited August 2021
    A general love to the community at large. Today has been a wild ride, but god it's exhilarating to see QW poppin' and have such big turnout for group combat, and a lot of people seem like they're in revitalized spirits. I'm glad for it.

Edit: Oh and a massive love to the admin team and godspeed! You have your work cut out, but we're all excited.
    TetchtaValorieAeryxXavinIazamatAloli
  • Okay, so I understand the globes take a little of the magic out of it now, but I only used two the whole run - and there's apparently another 100 levels to go, so....

[LEVEL UP]: You have reached the illustrious level of Tekal Lord.
    You have gained 1 enhancement points!
    You have received 25 Bound Credits!
    You have obtained the INSTILL ability!
    LenorielValorieSeurimasTetchtaDidi
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I love the increased activity lately on Aetolia and all the new things it has lead to that I've never seen before. I also love that I get to host a stream for this game every week. Also love that life will be getting back to normal for me soon once this job at the DMV gets started. Things all around have been looking bright lately. Just outstanding to see.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Didi
  • edited September 2021
    For those of you who have waited around for me while I re-oriented my brain to life again you are a huge blessing. The last year during covid was rough for me and things IG impacted me harder than if I had been in my "right mindset." For those of you who who checked in on me just to see what I was up to: I see you. For those of you who continue to and those I talk to every day: I love you.

I am on a journey of discovery with my career path and the last two days during a leadership summit has made me really sit down and think about what I want for the future and I am extremely blessed and lucky to be able to take part in something that empowers women to stand up for themselves in the workplace after I was complacent for too long.

To those who continue to RP with me and who take that step to RP with the "other" tether: you are brave and I see you. Part of my switching was to foster a more healthy RP environment cross-tether and now that I am loving life, I am in a good space to do that.

This is way long.

But I do love the Aetolian community and I see the difference in the way you all have begun to interact and talk with each other and I think its amazing.

@Haven @Drystin @Iesid @Rhine @Ayastia @Marin @Stine @Moxie @Validan @Seurimas @Feirenz @Aloli @Raynia @among so many more
    SeurimasIesidXavinRhineAyastiaEakuAloli
  • I love that I had a silly argument with a small child about whether berries are actually just pink and purple beans. I was clearly arguing that they were beans. They let me 'convince' them in a very condescending manner. It was wonderful.
    ALSO.
    I did so much laundry. I am actually a super hero.
    EorosAyastiaObaAloli
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    The positivity in the official Discord is almost too much. Multiple people literally going out of their way to prop you up, compliment your RP, or even make silly memes that show they care and that they notice you.
    NipsySryaenDidiValoriePietreAxiusZeheiaXavinSibatti
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine

Nipsy might start liking Lexadhra....thanks boo.
    SryaenBulrokIesid