LOVE

1246247248249250252»

Comments

• XavinXavin Member Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elene why isn't there a 'no' button?
    AlelaElene
  • SeurimasSeurimas Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited May 5
    I love people coming through after veritable disasters. There are many things I don't love about some recent IG events, but the people who got us through are all LOVE material.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Drystin
  • TetchtaTetchta Member Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone doubled the payouts for vermin and they actually pay alright now and isn't a total waste of time; it's made vermin-related milestones at least feel worth it! This was a silent change, so idk who or why this happened, but thank you!
    A bolt of burning blue fire slams into the ground near where you stand, a warning from Ictinus. The next one may not miss...

You just received message #2078 from Ictinus.

Message #2078 Sent By: Ictinus Received On: 10/24/2021/0:31
    "Nerd."
  • AyastiaAyastia Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Tetchta said:
    Someone doubled the payouts for vermin and they actually pay alright now and isn't a total waste of time; it's made vermin-related milestones at least feel worth it! This was a silent change, so idk who or why this happened, but thank you!
    Really? How long has this been going for?
    Ayastia said:

Really? How long has this been going for?

NFI, I just noticed it like a week or so ago.
    A bolt of burning blue fire slams into the ground near where you stand, a warning from Ictinus. The next one may not miss...

"Nerd."
  • TahmTahm Member Posts: 7
    Tahm got his first real roleplay experience today, and despite getting circles ran around me in the fancy emotes department, it was an absolute blast. <3
    AeryxAyastiaTetchtaTeani
    Tahm said:
    Tahm got his first real roleplay experience today, and despite getting circles ran around me in the fancy emotes department, it was an absolute blast. <3
    One thing I have learned is never compare your emotes to another's. Everyone writes differently and people are very critical of themselves. Just do the best you can. I think I'm unicorns at writing but it seems most people enjoy so... hey, that's what matters. 
    edited July 18
    Yeah listen to @Ayastia, @Tahm. People also tend to be self-critical while glorifying other people. For some dumb reason, @Aolin seems to think my 7th-grade-reading-level emotes are extremely good, while she's incredibly critical of her own extremely good writing. She's objectively wrong, my emotes are clearly dumb, but it just goes to show you how thinking "I'm a bad writer/emoter/RPer" is extremely prevalent.

My general advice overall is "react how your character would react in the setting, based on what your partners are doing, and what other things are happening." If you're doing that, you're always roleplaying well, period. Doesn't matter if you're using basic says and premotes. If you're reacting authentically, that's roleplay. It's also vital because a lot of us don't know our characters until they do/say something specific in a moment. Pre-planning character motivations is all well and good, but you should be ready to abandon those at a moment's notice should something else feel more organic/natural. Some more good advice is to try and remain a little wedged from your character if possible, and remind yourself that things that happen to them aren't happening to you. Sounds basic, but I've found that it's a frequently-forgotten fundamental that all of us could probably use a refresher course on.

"Nerd."
    Aolin
    Lol. I agree Tetchta. I sit there and wonder why @Teotl wastes time with me because their writing is so much superior and them they say stupid stuff like 'I like your writing!' Some people...
    Holbrook
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakeryMember Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    Tetchta said:

She's objectively wrong, my emotes are clearly dumb

TetchtaIesidSryaen
  • ZeheiaZeheia Member, Immortal Posts: 118 Immortal
    Tahm said:

Tahm got his first real roleplay experience today, and despite getting circles ran around me in the fancy emotes department, it was an absolute blast. <3</p>

Don't worry, even we godly types sometimes suffer from bouts of anxiety while emoting.

I mean, we're obviously wrong, because we're gods, but still.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    SeurimasTahmBenedictoXavin
  • AeryxAeryx Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    I love the increased activity lately on Aetolia and all the new things it has lead to that I've never seen before. I also love that I get to host a stream for this game every week. Also love that life will be getting back to normal for me soon once this job at the DMV gets started. Things all around have been looking bright lately. Just outstanding to see.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Didi
  • TeotlTeotl Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I love that I had a silly argument with a small child about whether berries are actually just pink and purple beans. I was clearly arguing that they were beans. They let me 'convince' them in a very condescending manner. It was wonderful.
    ALSO.
    I did so much laundry. I am actually a super hero.
    EorosAyastiaOba