LOVE

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Few days late, but...

So, Saturday night, I dropped my laptop. Could have dropped on any side and been...reasonably fine, but it dropped on the side with the USB keyboard/mouse receiver, and jammed it so far into the housing that I needed pliers to remove it, and even then it came out in four pieces. And of course, the housing of all the buttons in the area broke as well, so that laptop's dead. I naturally freaked out, started making preparations through IRE app/Skype on my phone, letting others know I'd be gone a few weeks as Payday was the day before, and I'd already blown the 'spending' part of my budget on a hard drive for my PS4.

The LOVE comes in two parts. One, I jokingly asked a few players (who shall remain nameless) if they'd be willing to loan me money. To my surprise, a few actually said they'd see what they could do, while a few others said they would if they could. This didn't come to pass. When I broke the laptop, I (also jokingly) asked my brother if he had the money to spare. I was told no, as expected. Then he changed his mind because he missed my July birthday gift, Christmas is coming up, -and- he needed to bribe me to help him with a new bedroom set he's ordered (arthritis in his wrist since age 10's a bitch). So instead of you lovely players who said you'd help, he fronted me the money for a full replacement (cheap 2-in-1 tablet, but still), and I was back up and running with you guys within 12 hours of thinking I'd be shut out for weeks.

So, tl;dr, thank you and LOVE to you guys for being willing to help a clumsy guy out in a moment of panic, and thank you and MUCH love to the best brother I could ask for.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• I love that through a very very hard and complicated pregnancy, that within 3 weeks, I will get to meet the final member of our family. We have decided this will be our last, because of what this one has put my body through.

I am very tired of bedrest - but knowing that the end is in sight is something that is keeping me going.
    KasimirZailaXavin
  • You two make adorable little ones. Good luck, lovely. <3

Also, my love of the day: I'm still employed. Yaaay.
    imageimage
    Zaila
  • edited November 2017
    You use Numerology Unravel. You flick a single finger forward. @Haven is already weak in mind and body. A simple nudge unravels his mortal form completely. With a wet, implosive squelch, Haven's skin inverts and the essence of his form unravels. His guts liquefy, and his blood becomes a fine, pink mist, spraying outward from the shredded, discarded remnants of his skin. You have slain Haven. Haven uses Illumination Rebirth. Haven's body begins to glow unnaturally, seconds before you notice steam pouring off it. In the blink of an eye, flames erupt from him, showering the area in holy fire. As the flames die down, you see Haven standing whole once more. Health Lost: 535, fire, none [LEVEL UP]: You have reached the illustrious level of 100. You have received 25 Bound Credits! Experience Gained: 5710105 (Player Kill) [total: 0] Haven drops a stack of 3 ototoxins. Haven drops a stack of 4 coagulations. Haven drops a stack of 4 antipsychotics. As Haven falls to the ground, you extend a hand outward and grasp the tendrils of latent ylem that wreathe his shattered form even in death. Drawing the ylem inward to your very being, you feel yourself bolstered with its power. Equilibrium Used: 5.16 seconds Benedicto eats some irid moss. <prompt> @Benedicto uses Battlefury Rupture on you. Benedicto smashes an iron mace into your right leg. The attack ruptures the bruises on your right leg, causing blood to flow freely from the wound. Mana Lost: 1285 Health Lost: 3855, blunt, none You have been slain by Benedicto. You were afflicted by torso bruised, right leg bruised, right leg bruised moderate, partially damaged right leg, a broken right leg, partially damaged head, head bruised, and right leg bruised critical. A coagulation pill falls out of your inventory. Stricken, you collapse to the ground. Unable to maintain the composure of your physical form any longer, you feel your body shrivel and wither away as you revert to your mistform.

Worth. Finally 100!

@Haven and @Benedicto since the tag in code didn't work.
    HavenDidi
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You're welcome! @Kadal
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    whoever was just puppeteering Rikt? I <3 that, thank you, I've been needing a bit of a pick-me-up, and RP like that always is a mood uplift for me.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Sessizlik said:

I am debt free. For the first time in my adult life, I am completely debt free. I don't owe anyone anything. It's an amazing feeling, I can tell you that.

From one debt-free person to another, have a massive high five. Feels good, don't it?
    XeniaHavenSessizlik
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    @Lin Words can't even begin to describe this feeling. :D Best christmas gift ever!
    Teani
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Debt... free? I don't understand this concept. plz2explain
    SessizlikZailaKodaErzsebet
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I think they mean when you set up your payments automatically, so like, all your debt stress is still there, but you don't have to think of it as you write checks?

*stares sadly at student loans*
    ZailaLin
  • SigmundSigmund The highest spire in Spinesreach
    Lots of LOVE to everyone involved with Sigmund's development. Allies, enemies, friends, and everyone else that exist inbetween.

Siggy hates me, the player. But all the character immersion from everyone keeps him off my back. Cheers.
    ZailaTeaniDidi
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Love that I've been able to book myself a really amazing trip over New Year. For the first time in my life, I get to enjoy the sun when the year ends and begins, seeing a new country, and thinking of nothing but making myself feel good and happy.

Watch out, Cape Verde, here I come!

ZailaHaven
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Husband isn't diabetic, which is a huge relief. Been tracking blood pressure and blood sugar for the past couple of weeks and he's been within normal ranges.

I've also lost a bunch of weight since doing some dietary changes a few weeks ago. Obsessively counting calories and weighing food and trying determine what nutrients are coming from where really sucks, but I've lost 20lbs in two weeks, and I'm really happy.

And I still get to drink booze!
    HavenZailaXavinNolaKasimirTeani
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    For the first time in probably ten years, I'm living alone.

No more roommates, family, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, exes...

Just me and my cat. I couldn't be happier. ^^
    SaritaZailaXavinTeaniErzsebetDidiSilena
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    In a little less than a week, I'm going to be on a plane to the other side of the world. Earlier this week, we (more me than we since the husband's been working) started getting the final plan type things done, like getting foreign currency, making sure we have people to look over the yard, and that kind of thing. Every time I work on things like that, I start to get a little bit more excited. I have been on several cool trips before, but I don't know if any of them were quite as awesome the way this one should be. I can't wait!
    ZailaKasimirTeaniXeniaHaven
    I'm going to Egypt in January. It was decided and booked within an hour. I am pretty excited. The Valley of the Kings is sortof a bucket list thing for both me and my mom and we actually get to go there. I will post pics and all that. :D
    ZailaErzsebetDidiSigmund
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Now they just have to legalize gay Marijuana.
    Sigmund
  • Caolan said:

The bill to legalise gay marriage has been passed in Australia! It's been a long time coming but I am so glad for it finally being here!

Now all we have to do is sort out a few other bits and pieces.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    CaolanSigmund
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Although the reasons for us coming into the money was unfortunate, I'm so loving the fact that we finally have all new siding on our house. We were looking at having to replace little bits of it every year for the next several years because the previous owners did not take care of it. Now? All done, lots of trimming redone, etc. It's a relief to not add one more debt to our lives.

I'd show pictures, but it's cold af and rainy.
    ZailaSessizlikTeaniCaolanSigmundLuas
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You have won 667 Bound Credit(s) on your bet: 10 tickets on Tslikka places third or better!
    You see Pok, a scarred vakmut handler shout, "Wow! Ishin just won 667 credits at the racetrack
    betting on Tslikka!"

Let's fucking goooooooo
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ZailaMarienaKerocXeniaNolaSigmund
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Today I have survived to celebrate my 34th birthday. \o/

We'll be coming for you soon, Enorian, for Ishin's Birthday Raid.

Bet on it, @Rasani <3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SessizlikSigmund
    I love Egypt! Such a beautiful place, with amazing people and the culture! Don't get me started! I'll post a few pics later on, when I've had a chance to sort through them.
    KelliaraDidiDemarcusSilena
  • Sessizlik said:

I love Egypt! Such a beautiful place, with amazing people and the culture! Don't get me started! I'll post a few pics later on, when I've had a chance to sort through them.

Oh, you've been playing Assassin's Creed: Origins too?
    TeaniSessizlikLeharZailaCaolanXenia
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Medication induced meningitis. As I understand it, somehow, one of the meds I've been on for SEVEN years has had a bitchfight with my brain fluid and made is swell. The swelling pressed on the right part of my brain to kill my balance and make me have seizures. Off the meds, steroids to get the swelling down, a bit of physical therapy, and I SHOULD be good. I cried.
    AishiaKynaXavinZaila
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee

EowynArbreXavinZailaDidiMarienaXenia
  • I'm moving again. Still in Vegas. But the most important change this brings, is that I'm allowed to have a kitten.

This is Cathulu. (Cat-thulu.) She is adorable and sweet and crazy snuggly.

imageimage
    DidiTeaniZailaSilenaNola
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I've been hearing back from residencies I applied to about interviews. I'm up to 5. Seattle, Albuquerque, Rochester NY, Atlanta, and Cleveland. Cleveland Clinic is by far the most surprising. Because... Cleveland Clinic.

Boston Children's Hospital is a firm no, which is actually great. They were waaaay at the bottom and did not impress during a phone interview. Clearly would not have been a good fit. Plus their sports teams are just... blegh.

Still need to hear back from Houston (MD Anderson), Dallas (@Kerryn You're in Dallas, no? Or a suburb, at least?), Milwaukee, and another place in Atlanta.

But stoked to have 5 interviews. The match system has me a little anxious as it is possible to not match at any place I interview at. I don't know the caliber of people I'm up against, but it's a bit of a confidence boost to have as much interest that I've gotten. Plus I get anxious with air travel in general, with timing and layovers and all that. But I'm hoping it'll be fine.
    SessizlikDidiXeniaZaila