LOVE

Comments

• I have to throw a bit of love to the fact that we still have access to our old forums.
    A bit of context:

There was a thread in the old forums, much like in these new ones, where people could post the theme song for their characters. And back in the old days of the old forums, I found two very different songs that became favorites, that was theme songs for the same character.
    It was @Anfini who first said that his theme song was The Horror by RJD2, which was a song I tried to figure out yesterday, and found again thanks to the old forums. But after his post about this song, if I remember correctly, someone else posted that nah.. that's not the correct song. The song that fits Anfini the most is The coconut song by Harry Nilsson.

So.. yeah.. Love those two songs and after these years of not hearing them, I managed to remember The coconut song, but could only remember The Horror by RJD2 thanks to the old forums,

I'm not sure if this is exactly how the songs were presented, this is simply how I remember it. Might have been another way, but... yeah!
  • I have a toothache.

Normally, that would go in mad, not love. But for some reason unbeknownst to me, my body has decided that the CURE for my toothache, is to drink orange soda.

I don't pretend to understand the WHY (maybe it's the bubbles) because it makes no bloody sense whatsoever. But drinking orange soda makes my tooth stop aching for a while.

So. Love for weird biology making life strangely more bearable.
    imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I sort of impulse bought a Nintendo Switch. I have Zelda and Mario Kart, if you wanna be my friend, I will race you. And lose.
    CaolanKyna
  • @Arbre I have a switch and only those two games as well! My FC is SW-0106-1964-2225, I'll race you sometime! (prepare for lag... I am australian)
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Sucks that happened, @Benedicto - people do care about ya, though! Hope you can get back in action soon.
    BenedictoZaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Benedicto said:

A former player from Aetolia set up a Go Fund Me page off his own back. Other Aetolian players (both past and present) have contributed to it.

For those of us who want to help out but aren't cool enough to know how to find that - link?

- Also: holy shit, that sucks a lot.
    BenedictoKynaSessizlik
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Today is the last day of the September mayhem at work. Every year, September is like this. We prepare the entire branch for its yearly audit and stocktake. Then, the auditors are here poking their nose in everything (because it's their job to) and they "grade" my profit center.

Last. Day.

Then I'm back to normal life schedule and Aetolia schedule. I'm so happy! 8 hours to go. COOKIES FOR EVERYONE TODAY.
    XavinKerrynRijettaSilena
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Zaila said:

Benedicto said:

A former player from Aetolia set up a Go Fund Me page off his own back. Other Aetolian players (both past and present) have contributed to it.

For those of us who want to help out but aren't cool enough to know how to find that - link?

- Also: holy unicorns, that sucks a lot.
    https://www.gofundme.com/get-danny-a-new-kit
    KynaZailaSessizlikBenedictoCaolanXavinMarienaRijetta
  • welp today is the last birthday of my twenties. love bc:
    * not homeless this year
    * new poems published today
    * birthday credits!
    * having fun as indo gm

hooray
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

SessizlikHavenNolaDidiTeaniKelliaraMaiteZailaVash
  • Happy birthday, @Vyxsis!!
    VyxsisZaila
  • Was at work yesterday, and the Site Director comes up to me and asks if I've put in an application for Supervisor--I said I hadn't.

Mostly because last week and the week before I literally only managed to work on Saturday and Sunday, because I've been having sinus infection related issues with noise and horribleness.

And she asked me--'Why not?'

Soooo I applied for Supervisor yesterday.

Which, oddly enough, would be an awesome thing for my anxiety levels. The position is largely paperwork--which I'm doing a chunk of for my supervisor anyway, coaching--which I'm constantly doing on a -requested- basis, and supervisor escalation calls, which I was doing as a SME anyway and keeping track of my teams metrics and so on. Which I already do to a lesser extent. It cuts out most of the stuff that stresses me out about my job. Which in turn would lessen the amount of time I have to call out to begin with. Plus it's salary, so there'd be less 'can I make rent' anxiety on weeks I -do- have to call out for FMLA.

This is in LOVE because for the first time in forever, I'm actually excited about what tomorrow might hold. Wish me luck, y'all. <3
    imageimage
    IshinHavenTeaniDidiKasimirSessizlikNolaVash
  • So I work in property management now, overseeing a residential building downtown of about 200 apartments....

My boss lives upstairs and is busy playing XCOM but wanted to check on me since I am here on a Saturday overseeing a construction crew that is repairing our rooftop. ...I unfortunately was outside talking to the foreman when he came by and I came back to this.

...come to find out hes a bloody Mhaldorian.

RIP x ME
    VashKynaEowynNolaZailaTeaniSessizlikAymahXenia
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Oh wait, a Mhaldorian? Nevermind. Tell him to stay in Achaea.
    RunasLin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm going to apologize for the length of this post in advance. I don't even think my family knows the full extent of this, but here goes:

Music has always been an integral part of my life. All my tattoos revolve around music, I've been singing in choirs most of my life, I've been humming and singing since I was little, recording myself, sung karaoke, even sung on stage quite a few times, and always had music in the background somehow. I love music.

Over the last few years, due to various reasons, I have been struggling off and on. I know, we all go through our own stuff, so I won't bore you with any details. Suffice it to say I've been in contact with professionals at least twice and been brought back from suicidal thoughts thanks to that help. I've always been seen as a strong individual, so I have tended to isolate myself when feeling bad to keep my weakness from others around me. It's a bad decision, I know, but nothing one can control at such times.

One of the things I lost during this time of isolation was my music. I stopped singing in my choir, because I couldn't stand being around people. I lost confidence in my voice, so I stopped singing in general. I stopped turning on the radio, or my playlists on the computer. I stopped logging in to my Spotify account. My apartment has been almost completely quiet, aside from a few days now and then when I've felt good enough to turn on some music on youtube or when someone has sent me a link and I've gotten stuck checking related music.

My dad shared this passion for music. He didn't sing (according to him that's not what manly men like him do), but he knew how to whistle. He loved a good beat, or an interesting voice. We played a lot of music at his funeral in honor of this. And since then...

I have found my way back to my music. It began with listening to a playlist we dedicated to him, running it from my phone when I went to and from work, to looking through the music on my computer, to finally logging back on Spotify. Last week I caught myself singing to myself for the first time in years, smiling. Right now, I'm sitting in my apartment, music blazing out of the speakers, and suddenly it feels like I might actually be alright again.

KodaSessizlikAymah
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited October 2017
    I thought I'd share a bit of my bizarre chapter in my life, at least bizarre for me. And this new strain called The Truth has me in a bit of a talkative mood. It's interesting because strangely enough, it's got to do with Aetolia to some extent. The backstory is here. The tldr of it is that I was a shitty little teenager with a lot of issues that I didn't even know I had, largely at no fault of my own due to living a pretty extremely isolated life.

One of the things I was doing back then was telling people my parents were dead when they weren't. Saturday before last, while I was at work, my brother called me (which he never does unless it's urgent). He says, quote, "Hey Dev, dad just called me and said mom is being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. She had an aneurysm in her heart and they don't think she's gonna make it. It's a little inconvenient cause I'm grading papers right now and- hold on Sonya (my sister) is calling." *click*. Insert internal Tsar Bomba meltdown here. Like what the actual unicorns. How do you just say some shit like that and hang up? Next thing I knew, my sister who lives in Chicago was boarding the next flight out of there to get here and my whole family is just melting down at the speed of light. Reason being is that my mom has never had any ailments past a common cold. Hasn't been ever been hospitalized except for when she had all 6 of her kids. This just completely came out of left field. She just graduated from school a few months ago and got her Nurse Practicioner's license, and she was working at her new job when all of a sudden she felt really weak and then had a slight pain in her chest. The pain went from 0 to 100 and they said she was screaming from the pain. Fortunately since she was already at a hospital which she has insurance with, they reacted quickly and found the aneurysm, then rushed her to a different hospital in Sanfransisco because they had the nearest surgeons required for the open heart surgery on hand. After 10 years- i mean hours and a whoooooooooole lotta crying in between, she made it out and she's doing fine.

It immediately made me think back to what I was doing/saying those 9, almost 10 years ago when I first started playing and it made me feel horrible. One of those really cliche "You don't know what you have until it's gone." MOMENTS. Me and my mom, even now that she's a lot more chill really don't have the best relationship, but she was happy to see me when I went to go visit her in the hospital. I was also going through a roller coaster of emotions, because I've worked a nurse for years now. I know how it is dealing with irritating family members that just talk your head off and act like you don't know how to do your job when you do, and I swore I'd never be that person. Nope. I was that person when I saw her in the hospital, but to be completely fair this dumbass was trying to get her to hold onto her drainage machine when both of her hands are supposed to be on the walker, and he almost tripped her twice. For the first time in my life I had the feeling of "That's my mom and omfg don't do that I'll kill you." I guess it made me feel more human? I'm not sure, it's weird. I feel like a robot trying to figure out the emotions its experiencing for the first time and it's such a trip.

Anyway, my mom is back home and on the road to recovery. She's doing great. My brother is fired from ever being the messenger in emergency situations like this, and next time he'll be inconvenienced with a foot up his ass. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that in a way, Aetolia helped me find some sort of love for my mom. Now that I really think about it Aetolia taught me quite a bit, and helped me grow up a lot. At least, some of the awesome people I met on here and still bother to regularly keep in contact with. There's still others that I don't talk to anymore that left a pretty big impact on me, but if it's all the same and you ever manage to read this, thanks for all the life lessons and experiences.

You all suck. Jk Ilu you all.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ErzsebetZailaHavenNolaEowynDidi
  • I want to take a moment to thank @Karhast for kind of singularly being the reason my passion for Aetolia has been rekindled. That kind of RP? I missed that, dearly.
    ZailaHaven
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade

KodaRunasZailaRhyotXenia
  • If all I wanted was ERP I definitely did not have to migrate from my previous MUD.
    ArbreZaila
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Tonight was a bittersweet night. I got to get out of the house by myself to go to an auction, but was for my mom's estate. The reason I am putting this in the love section, however, was the entire night bringing back so many great memories from when I was younger. I felt poetic for the first time in years, though all I could keep thinking to myself is 'you can't go writing that out, you'll only make more harm than good'. That brought back the feelings of bitter I've held against my siblings starting in 2001, made me think hard on everything I've held back because I didn't want them to know just how hurt and frustrated I had been with them vs my parents.

So, I've settled that it is time to see a therapist. No just medicating, which is nice, but actual working through my bitterness to see if I can be better than my parents. It feels really good right now, even if it may just be mostly tiredness, to know that I may find peace with it in coming months.
    TeaniKynaDidi
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I'm gonna get to meet Christopher Lloyd and John Rhys-Davies tomorrow. Never met big celebs like that, so I'm sortof starstruck! Also, I'm giving them both handmade chocolates from my shop. Bigger box for mr Lloyd, since it's his birthday on Sunday. Oh, and I might get to see Dean Cain from Lois & Clark, Ken Kirzinger from Freddy vs Jason and Ingvild Deila from Rogue one. But really.. don't care too much about those. I'm there for Sallah and Doc Brown! I might post pics on Sunday. :D
    RunasZailaMykellahKelliaraDidi
  • Love that I fucked up my math. Usually this works against me, but this time, I thought I'd be running out of meds today--4 days before the doctor can see me. Annnnnd I don't, I have six more days, so I'll even have a couple days of backup in case the pharmacy fucks something up or needs something from my doctor.
    imageimage
    Mariena
  • Sessizlik said:

I'm gonna get to meet Christopher Lloyd and John Rhys-Davies tomorrow.

Holy hell I'm jealous. Have fun!

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I do my best to be a good person, since I believe in karma. If you do good, good will happen to you. Sometimes in big ways and sometimes in small. The other day, I think the Universe decided to pay me back a little.
    For many years, I have followed an author on FB. Since I live in Sweden and shipping is so expensive, I haven't had a chance to buy any of his books, but I wanted to not forget about them, so I've kept my eyes on new books and such for years and years now. However, around the beginning of the new year, I will be able to finally buy these books and that made me super excited!

So I made a short post on his FB page, telling him that FINALLY I can buy his books and read them and how happy I am about that. It didn't take long before I got a private message from him. He was just as excited as myself that I could read his stories and he told me that he still had some paperback copies of all of his books. He would keep a copy of each for me and when I could afford them, he would sign them and ship them to me, even offering to pay the shipping himself. I said that it really was too kind, but... who am I to say no to autographed copies! :)

To make this story more interesting, this author is SJ Saunders, a family member to the Iron Realms Entertainment President, Jeremy Saunders. It was Jeremy who once made a comment about SJ Saunders and I decided to follow. I can't wait to read these books and I encourage you all to go check out his books on audible.com or amazon.com. And follow him on FB. He's really an awesome guy!
    https://www.facebook.com/ehsjaysaunders/
    AtarahAxius
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    I love those rare moments when you think you did this really hard math problem completely wrong, and ask your teacher about it... and he's like, nope, that's perfect. If not for that, yesterday would have sucked.

I still exist!
    CaolanArayl
  • AleviAlevi Houston, TX
    The sketch for Alevi's portrait that I commissioned was done today and it looks great, looking forward to the full thing. The artist liked her description so much that she's going to do a full body one for me, too, which she doesn't do many of since they take time.

Alevi arts :D
    ZailaHavenMykellah
  • "You're the strongest person I know. You're so brave. I look up to you so much. You're a really good big sister."

I...want to be the person my baby Sister thinks I am.

All of the warm fuzzies though, on a night I really needed them.
    imageimage