LOVE

Comments

• RumRum Enorian
    I love how Enchanting in Aetolia makes me into a badass one person band.

EowynZailaVyxsis
  • I love my martial arts class even if my body sometimes hates me afterwards. 
    ZailaDidiVyxsis
  • Nola said:

I love my martial arts class even if my body sometimes hates me afterwards. 

i think it's not that your body hates the martial arts, per se - more that dousing your hands in petrol & lighting them on fire is generally unhealthy. zealots make it look easy, but remember: these are trained professionals. do not attempt at home.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Sarita
  • Vyxsis said:

dousing your hands in petrol & lighting them on fire is generally unhealthy.

NOW you tell me.
    Didi
  • Inhaling sharply, you raise your arms beside you, bringing them up above your head as if conducting an orchestra. Cocking your head to the side, you close your eyes and begin to concentrate upon a distant, focal point within yourself. Completely unbeknownst to you, the shadow cast by your frame suddenly jerks to life, slithering from your connecting feet upwards, seemingly guided by a mind of its own. Inky tendrils that form the insubstantial hands of your shadow sink deep into your chest, causing your eyelids to flicker open as you gasp at the sharp pain that resonates from the very fibres of your being. Completely ignorant of you, the formless figment continues its relentless motions, before finally fading away into nothingness. For a moment or two, nothing seems to happen, before agonizing pain ripples through your body. You feel your chest being torn apart, then reformed and re-molded with your plentiful reserves of essence deep within. As the pain ebbs, you are assailed with the realization that you have embraced your new, destructive form as Azudim. The skies darken momentarily as tendrils of shadow creep across the firmament to form the terrible visage of the Azudim, Evalyne.

Yeah, I know, maybe not that much of an accomplishment, but I was happy with achieving this in less than a week of playtime.
    TozKodaDidiTeaniKodazaAxius
  • edited February 2018
    I love the Templars! Featuring:

Taaroshimon, who digivolves into Taaroshinom after eating!
    Desidora the Explorer
    Rahman Soup
    Goniveria
    The Garden of Edenn
    Godmother Rasanio
    Cole Miner
    Benedicto Neat-o
    Flexin' Lexen
    ...and many more!
    RahmDidiEowynIstela
  • TolasTolas Kentucky, USA
    Jory said:

I love the Templars! Featuring:

Taaroshimon, who digivolves into Taaroshinom after eating!
    Desidora the Explorer
    Rahman Soup
    Goniveria
    The Garden of Edenn
    Godmother Rasanio
    Cole Miner
    Benedicto Neat-o
    Flexin' Lexen
    ...and many more!

Mmm noodles! :D

• I love you all. You guys are pretty great, for mortals.
  • big love to @Silena for running with the bug - i got the sense vyx's involvement in the whole Mandre vs Sentinels-plus-Enorian thing wasn't part of the initial script, but i really appreciate your flexibility. allowing, let alone embracing and enabling, a counter-current within an RP arc is v cool of you, especially since i know i made more work for you. sooooo yeah, just wanted to give shouts out and respect to you. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! (i also really really love the new indorani mascot XD)

thanks to all the lifers who participated in the event, as well - as i understood, things kicked off at your behest, and i liked that y'all followed through to the end. also a huge group ganked me!!!! when i was beginning to believe (foolishly, i know) that y'all didn't have it in you anymore!!!! cool and good job all around, for real.
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Silena
  • in case it's not clear, i had an extremely good time

SilenaPazradym
  • Vyxsis said:

big love to @Silena for running with the bug - i got the sense vyx's involvement in the whole Mandre vs Sentinels-plus-Enorian thing wasn't part of the initial script, but i really appreciate your flexibility. allowing, let alone embracing and enabling, a counter-current within an RP arc is v cool of you, especially since i know i made more work for you. sooooo yeah, just wanted to give shouts out and respect to you. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! (i also really really love the new indorani mascot XD)

thanks to all the lifers who participated in the event, as well - as i understood, things kicked off at your behest, and i liked that y'all followed through to the end. also a huge group ganked me!!!! when i was beginning to believe (foolishly, i know) that y'all didn't have it in you anymore!!!! cool and good job all around, for real.

If you're curious, you guessed correctly, and none of @Vyxsis's involvement was part of the original plan. Considering that, and considering some... very unexpected choices from a couple players, I'm happy, generally, with how it went. So I'm glad you enjoyed it!

"for running with the bug" - I think I've been a celani too long. I had to reread this five or six times, thinking, Bug?! What bug? Why didn't Vyxsis say anything about a... ohhh, right. That bug.
    TeaniPazradymTekiasZailaVyxsis
  • Also, to clarify: even if @Vyxsis's involvement was unplanned, it made sense, it was reasonable, and it worked very well with the few things that definitely had to happen in the event (without giving me significantly more work to do). And it made things more interesting, so I genuinely appreciated it. I would say I liked the progression of this more than my original plan.

Really, everyone involved was amazing. I could have watched the Enorian/Duiran attempts another four hours if I didn't need sleep. I'm not biased or anything, but I've played other IRE games and I do think Aetolia has the best players.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Silena said:

"for running with the bug" - I think I've been a celani too long. I had to reread this five or six times, thinking, Bug?! What bug? Why didn't Vyxsis say anything about a... ohhh, right. That bug.

To be fair, I thought the same, and I only learned of the event through the Event newspost. You know, the one that basically said Vyxsis was involved from the getgo. >.>
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Tekias said:

Silena said:

To be fair, I thought the same, and I only learned of the event through the Event newspost. You know, the one that basically said Vyxsis was involved from the getgo. >.>
    Event newsposts are written from an in-universe perspective. Nothing is ever unexpected after the fact!

But seriously, you have more power to effect things than is often claimed. Just because it looks intentional doesn't mean we originally planned for it. As for only learning about it through the newspost- it's unfortunate, but not every event will or needs to involve every organization.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Oh, I know Events posts are written as in-character historical record (Victors yadda yadda write history yadda). Just pointing out that as far as I (and Tek) are aware, Vyxsis was one of the primary instigators, regardless of how true that is. And even with knowing she was there, Bug to me meant 'Crap, what screwed up for the admin while they were running this?'

And after the Crystal and Bloom and being (what felt like) the single Scio participating in the Spirean side of it, I'm totes cool with sitting back and watching >.>

Hi.

Silena
  • Tekias said:

Oh, I know Events posts are written as in-character historical record (Victors yadda yadda write history yadda). Just pointing out that as far as I (and Tek) are aware, Vyxsis was one of the primary instigators, regardless of how true that is. And even with knowing she was there, Bug to me meant 'Crap, what screwed up for the admin while they were running this?'

Sorry, I misunderstood! And that's completely the correct perspective about what happened. As for what screwed up... no more so than usual!

(Usual being around 10 bugs per participant)
  • Thanks to @kodaza @tina et all for the great player-run event that was the order stuff, it was great fun!
  • That latest changelog. I'll be playing Bleed Like Me on loop if you need me.

Also my new signature.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xenia
  • I love that the little girl mascot is back on the new website and restored to her rightful place as herald of the midnight age. We believe in you mystery girl, you'll find someone to stab with that knife of yours soon.
    TiurArbreMarienaKelliaraTeaniVyxsis
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I love that we found a way to bring her back. It was difficult, she was a pixelated jpg... and our execution could use more work.
    TinaTeani
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    New website is absolutely gorgeous

DidiEvalyne
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I dislike change. I hate it.

(no, really, I'll get used to it 5/5 would browse again)

Hi.

Evalyne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    KNIFEGIRL! <3

Arbre
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I have so much going on right now, and it feels marvelous!
    Come monday, I am starting a five week intensive course on how to start your own business.
    In four weeks, I will go two day courses on advanced chocolate techniques, which will teach me more about how to make fillings that last, how to color pralines and so on and so forth.
    And in seven and a half week, the boyfriend and I are going to the US. We will be staying a few nights on Manhattan, right at Penn station, before heading off to other adventures.
    I am super excited and when I first put down on paper what's happening in the near future, it really took away this blues I have been feeling lately.
    ZailaTeaniDidiDemarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Interview season is officially in the books.

I applied to all of 10 residencies, an had offers for 7 in person interviews and an additional phone interview that did not materialize into an on-site interview. Which is fine, because I don't want to live in Boston anyways.

I declined one of the interview offers, because I hate Atlanta. I even interviewed at a different place in Atlanta and confirmed that I do, in fact, hate Altanta.

Which leaves five others for me to rank. I'm feeling pretty good that I'll match somewhere, possibly even at one of my top choices. Which is great. Just a matter of where!

If anyone has any experience living in any of the following areas, PM me if you don't mind with some insight!

Albuquerque
    Cleveland
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Rochester, NY
    Rural Washington State (Centralia, specifically...)

The above is an entirely arbitrary, alphabetical order of the first word in the line and is not indicative of any preference at this time. Atlanta is not included because... Atlanta.
    Sessizlik
  • Oh.

My.

GOD.

That is the best thing.
    Koda
  • Long overdue for this:

@Rasani - The long haul RP of remedial lessons, odd tasks and dealing with all of Lexen's quirks and serious backlog of issues/history. You've been a driving force in moving him forward in an interesting, but natural way, allowing for the character to still be flawed and to mess up without being thrown out for those mistakes. Thanks for making the climb to Knighthood legitimately worth it.

@Jory - I really didn't see you coming. Your character is constantly surprising me in great ways, both in challenging Lexen and in building in his flaws and quirks when I least expect them. I'm looking forward to RPing more.

@Kanivara and @Nalia- This was an unexpectedly fun RP arc. I really enjoyed the give and take between your family and the Templar involved. The writing was quality and I'm surprised at how much Lexen can respect Kanivara now. (Not trust, just respect)

@Aymah - It's been neat to see how Aymah has changed in such a short time, and how she's drawing out surprising things from Lexen. Looking forward to more RP.

Xenia
  • Oonagh said:

I forgot to do this for @Toz
    *clears throat*

As a Humble Frog,

I have to say thank you to this community...

One of you just sent me a link to this...im assuming its me, and @Eleanor ...I didn't even know you played still, You taught me when I was a Cabalist, this is lovely!
    Best Oonagh...rrr....ever!

I don't actually have a reply for this I'm just quoting it so this picture shows up again on this thread.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XeniaTeaniEvalyneVyxsis
  • ... forgot one.
    Also @Trikal for the amazing commentary of inept bug bashing as tattoos were fading and losing buffs would be disastrous.

Istela