StathanIshinPerilunaAarbrokAshmerFurtumEmelleAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Glad to hear that, bro. Know you've been looking forward to it :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I used to teach kids karate myself. I wanted to strangle the crap out of them(a LOT), but when they got stuff right, it was a goooooood feeling.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Just got in after doing the trial sail from Charlotte to Burlington. Moored in town for the night and headed back to my slip in the morning. Can't wait for July 3 (we do it a day early in VT) because I reserved a mooring on the water front. Gonna watch the fire works front row from my boat!!!!
    MoireanDamonicusHavenIshinTeaniSolaria
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    oh my gosh @Jensen! The only time I will relent and go out on the lake (which I think is scary to be on a boat on any body of water) is for fireworks. If you're super close by, the echo is glorious.

• I think we should all have a party on @jensen's boat....Who is all in?

MoireanSlypheIshinJensenTeani
  • Love bicycling. I feel like I'm on the verge of becoming a bike nerd at any moment. If I begin to unironically wear spandex shorts I want one of you to take me out back and put a bullet in my head.

i am rapture coder
    Elie
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    You people and your own lanes on the road.

DISGUSTING
    RivasAryanneHaven
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Love love LOOVEEEE that the news about Margaret Atwood's Maddaddam trilogy becoming a tv series. Currently my favourite series, and have been wondering if anyone would be picking it up as a show/movie. This news literally just made my day!
  • Took about 80 cookies to work this morning, despite the day off. Hopefully my team shares the cookies with everyone else. I hope. At least they enjoy them!! :-) Dark chocolate, Lemon, and Strawberry cake cookies. Like Neopolitan.

Dad visited me for the first time in Maine since I moved up here. He never saw the last place I lived in, but he got to see the new digs this time. He wanted to get me a new mattress as a "living by myself for the first time as a grownup, yay" present since I'm still on the air mattress 2 years post-bedbug scare, but I wound up with a box fan and stepstool to get in upper cabinets instead, since car not working.

Finding out car problem was a rusted heat shield that fell out from the edge of the tire rim when car got put on lift. No charge, and now my poor car can growling and whining like a dog with a thorn in its paw.

Minigolf with Dad and Dad's GF. I got the only hole in one, but that stupid first hole put me in last place. It was the only one with the straight shot to the hole, and the only one I took more than 5 swings on. (7) LOL. I knocked my golf ball in the bushes 3 times by hitting too hard.

A clean apartment for the first time in Aaaages.

Choc chip cookies.

Day off from work.

<3
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    IshinAryanneSlypheMoirean
  • My wife and I are planning on moving in about five or six months. There's some apartments we were extremely interested in located a lot closer to Atlanta, so we decided to take a tour. They're beautiful, and makes you feel like fucking first class. We decided to go ahead and put in an application, and we got approved.

Now we can definitely make long-term plans about what to do. Things are continuing to look good. :D
    MoireanTeaniIshin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I love Bournemouth. It's a lovely place and the people are really nice. I just spent a bus ride home speaking to this old chap who thought I was a very interesting and lovely young lady and said his friends would never believe him if he said he'd been talking to such a beauty. Also, the weather is not too terrible and my students are all behaving very well (unlike students in other groups) and seem to have no issues with the culture clashes that tend to happen on language school trips like these.

My job description has also changed. I was supposed to be a teaching leader, and then I was suppose to share that duty with someone else. Now, on my own suggestion, we've decided that I won't be teaching at all. It would just be confusing for the students to shift between teachers repeatedly. Instead I'll be a general resource person helping out with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Essentially this means I will do less work, but get paid the same. At the same time, the other leaders will get much needed help since I'm around to give a hand, so they will be less tired and cranky and the students will get more quality service from them. And the office staff will have an extra person to call on, should they be in desperate need of assistance with paper work or sick leaders or whatever. All in all, I'd say I've created a win-win situation for everyone!

Also, I will most likely be going to a London Musical at the end of this trip. If I'm lucky I won't even have to pay for it! :D

Haven
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I love how great this weekend was. Got sun burnt and might have overeaten a lot..and am pretty freaking ill, but it was worth it. At least with that, I finally know what was causing my severe pain a month or so ago. Now to get back to Charlotte quickly - was stupid and left my good pills at home.

StathanHavenIshinAarbrok
  • Spent the evening having good food and playing mahjong with my friend(s).
    ArekaStathanIshinXavinAlice
  • I went to buy a furby today at the store and when I brought it up to the counter the little punk kid turned it over and over trying to figure out what it was. I explained (alittle embarrassed ) that it was a reboot of a toy I had always wanted when I was a kid but never had and damn it, now I'm an adult I'm buying one!!! When I was leaving he called out after me with a big grin and wave, "Thank you miss! Enjoy regaining you childhood!"

Politics
    IshinAryanneEmelleRivasElie
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    A love and hate, but more of a love than a hate: the number of box subscription services that are popping up make it so hard to pick, but damn do most of them look so interesting that I'm for sure going to have try at least 1 month of them each.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"

• Having the freedom and utter privacy to sit in my chair in my underwear in front of a fan on a God-awful humid day. :P I'm ridiculously happy about it.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    AarbrokSetneAryanneGwenithPiperOmei
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Meyvitch said:

Having the freedom and utter privacy to sit in my chair in my underwear in front of a fan on a God-awful humid day. :P I'm ridiculously happy about it.

evriday
    AryanneElie
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    When one of your good friends from work turns up on match.com.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MoireanRiluoSolariaJensenIshinAryanneSlyphe
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oh man, one of my friends once came across me on a dating website on lunch break at work. While I was sitting right there. I shot him the evil eye and he quickly scrolled past my listing. -_-
    Aryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Favorite food: DRIPPING MORTAL HEARTS.
    MoireanIosyneAryanne
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Shadowrun Returns.

This is why I've been ignoring you people on accident and replying a half hour later.

Almost beat it, bear with me.
    DamarielAarbrok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Thank you @razmael and @oleis for changing up the cryptic chests. You guys are always trying hard to make us grumbling, whining malcontents happy and it's appreciated!
    Valingar
  • No, that's a rage. It's a rage!

DAAAMN YOUUUUU!

You win this round, @razmael. One of these days, I'll go a month without spending money. I know I will!
    AryanneOleisMoirean
    <3 to @Oleis for org credits for cryptic chests. Yay! <3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanKerrynDaskalos
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I complain a lot about work, but my workmates just brought me cake, a 4 pack of Starbucks Frappuccino, and a card.

Happy Krissy is Happy.

SolariaAryanneAarbrok
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Mariena said:

I complain a lot about work, but my workmates just brought me cake, a 4 pack of Starbucks Frappuccino, and a card.

Happy Krissy is Happy.

If you google image search "white girl bait" half the pics are starbucks frappucino.
    MarienaAryanneSetnePeriluna