LOVE

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Wait. That's pretty fucking outnumbered, man. :P

Unless I can get @trager up, you're the only other male, and all the females are darkie!

Edit: Don't worry, though. Unless @moirean is a super badass carnifex syssin IRL, I think I can handle these odds!
    Aarbrok
  • I spent the night in Anchorage once, @ingram.

It's cool, you can keep it.
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Good. We'll have more room for people who don't condemn a CITY after a day.
    AarbrokFurtum
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Anchorage... Good times, goodness, so many good times. Naked snow-angels at 3am outside the ice bar? Yes plz. And the -women-, amggg.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Furtum
  • And the roaming bands of just.. straight up punch-drunk people at 6 PM on a Sunday, just generally validating all sorts of stereotypes. :P

Yeah, I only hit it up during a layover that was on a Sunday, so obviously I didn't see much of it. The Hilton was pretty Hilton-y I guess.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I hear the ratio of dudes is high in Alaska...
    Sign me up.

Manly times, for bro man dude things.
    Stathan
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Umm...
    AryanneIshin
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Anchorage, weather and surroundings aside, is largely like any other city. It's very spread out, and you won't notice any specific disparity in male/female. The biggest differences is just certain limitations. You can't drive six hours and find a desert or hit another state, visit a cool town far away, there's not really beaches. What you CAN do though, is drive one hour--if that-- and find solitude. Mountains are stunning, I personally -love- the cold, and in summer everything is gorgeous and warm. Otherwise, normal stuff to do, easier access to outdoorsy activities, plenty of drugs and sordid, twisted things to do because people up here ARE crazier. Weather or something, I don't know.

Loooots of molestation. I feel like I hit the jackpot in avoiding that. Don't hover around 13th and Gambell. In fact, don't go south of 6th and east of 13th if it's late and you're on foot.

Also, I think people are bringing Syphilis back in a big way up here. Watch out for that.
  • Ingram said:

Anchorage, weather and surroundings aside, is largely like any other city. It's very spread out, and you won't notice any specific disparity in male/female. The biggest differences is just certain limitations. You can't drive six hours and find a desert or hit another state, visit a cool town far away, there's not really beaches. What you CAN do though, is drive one hour--if that-- and find solitude. Mountains are stunning, I personally -love- the cold, and in summer everything is gorgeous and warm. Otherwise, normal stuff to do, easier access to outdoorsy activities, plenty of drugs and sordid, twisted things to do because people up here ARE crazier. Weather or something, I don't know.

Loooots of molestation. I feel like I hit the jackpot in avoiding that. Don't hover around 13th and Gambell. In fact, don't go south of 6th and east of 13th if it's late and you're on foot.

Also, I think people are bringing Syphilis back in a big way up here. Watch out for that.

He wandered, at first. Aimless in his travels, the city was spread out, and long stretches of time were spent eyes on the gritty concrete sidewalks without much change in direction. In the distance, as the light tempered down, the sun disappeared past the end of the earth, behind savagely upthrust, white-capped mountains. His adventure felt appropriately wound down at the discovery of a fine figure behind a park bench a couple blocks past tenth on Gambell.

Perky and obviously trying hard to be uninterested in the surroundings of what could not be a park high on city council's priority list, she was 36-24-36 and looking like she needed a hand. She said yes, she would like someone to walk with, though she didn't know right where she was headed.

The night ends, all silk and warm honey. The morning is accompanied by an early riser and a sound sleeper waking alone.

The missive, delivered by electronic post a week thereafter, is the answer to his prayers.

But the doctor was confused why I was laughing at being informed of the required treatment for my genital herpes ailment.

I already had it as a child, fool doctor doesn't know you can't catch it twice? -snort-
    AngweIshinMephistolesElie
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    AryanneSlypheMephistolesFurtum
  • @Omei :Oh my god, my feels. D:

Politics
  • I love being in love, and being lost, and being helpless and confused, and being okay with all of that.

I love that I always think that I've done with feeling this way - that it's how teenagers feel, that you don't get to really ever fall in love again when you become an adult - and I love that I'm always, always wrong.

I love all of you, you bastards.

IshinPerilunaAshmerEmelle
  • I love looking at my post history after a really interesting evening. What the fuck did I do up there?
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    For the past week, after everyone's home from work, me and my siblings have been playing a new maid-themed, deck-building card game called Tanto Cuore everyday. It's been fun and hilarious, and we've been making a lot of dirty jokes about it.
  • The Lego Movie. I finally got to see it and absolutely loved it.

Laughed so damn hard.
    PiperRivas
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited June 2014
    Philly Comic Con was super fun. Stepped out of my comfort zone in certain aspects without any freaking out or anything. Met a few cool people, but I stupidly forgot to get contact info outside of maybe 1 person. Cannot wait for next year. And today, after getting home from work, I find my lootcrate waiting for me.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinJensen
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    THAT SHIRT IS EPIC
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited June 2014
    I want to <3 on @Haern‌ for helping me fix a few Guild issues. Thanks so much!
    ArekaOleisJensenIshinAryanne
  • Thanks whoever was the figure in Spines today. I had fun with @Faerah, @Ishin and @Ingram :)
    IshinFaerahIngram
  • edited June 2014
    When you find an awesome gif and you can't justify putting it in your signature (to tall to be polite).

Politics
    Mariena
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    You are affected by the following:
    Blessed by Omei for about 4 days.
    Blessed by Haern for about 62 hours.
    Blessed by Haern for about 14 hours.
    Blessed by Haern for about 14 hours.
    Blessed by Omei for about 63 hours.
    Blessed by Auresae for about 63 hours.
    Whelp, time to bash!
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Gwenith I am in love with your sig AND your too-tall gif! I really need to find my turtle a log thingy like that, he'd like that /ponder

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Love that it's only a few days left until I head off to lovely Bournemouth (second summer in a row) for three weeks. Having gone through this once before, I was looking forward to a more relaxed year and it looks like I'll even have some free time!

Also, love the new bikini I bought today!

SolariaAryanneIshinPiper
  • If you haven't seen the movie "Snowpiercer" just get out of my face.

i am rapture coder
    IngramRivas
  • I love my new job. Even though my boss has some anger issues, and constantly brags about how awesome he is, today I gained some new respect for him.
    ery
    2 weeks ago, my first day, the dishwasher walked in and I immediately knew he was on something, probably meth. It was obvious, and as a previous user who has worked hard to stay clean, I know what it looks like. He ended up collapsing at work that day, and we had to call an ambulance. Severe dehydration and lack of rest. Imagine that.

Last two weeks has been better. At work everyday, normal. Today was his day off. He came in today, around noon, high as shit. I work in a small town, and this diner is frequented by quiet, very proper and polite southern people. No cussing, no dirty talk is ever heard there. He walked in, flipping off the cook and other waitress, and proceeded to cause a really huge scene, talking about the boss and how he acts when he is in a bad mood. Was, rather loudly, calling me a bitch for asking him to keep his tone down, as we had customers. My boss was at the store, and we called him. Was there in less than five minutes. He kicked him out of the store.

Later, the boss came to me and asked how comfortable I would be if this person continued working there. I honestly told him I could handle it, but I would prefer to not be around someone who is high, and causes scenes. It could have gotten violent easily, things were that heated.

He fired him right after that, saying that the well-being of his waitresses and customers outweighed his need for a job. I am to call the police if he shows back up at the diner. I feel for the guy, I do, but I also feel rather awesome that me and the other waitress were immediately defended.
    PiperGwenithIshinMarienaNola
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I love how good life is lately. Not that it's perfect, because it never is, but there's a perspective shift that allows for enjoyment of what's good and beautiful in the face of whatever else is.

I do miss y'all, though! <3
    IshinAryanneSetneHaven
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I love that I'm getting to go back home for the weekend. I so miss eastern Carolina weather lately.

IshinStathanOleis