LOVE

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    That is now how I shall picture every lycanthrope in the game
    AryanneIshin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    That actually sounds more socially responsible than assuming someone won't drink because a law set an arbitrary number as a standard for maturity
    TeaniHavenPiperAryanneIshinAshmerFurtumElie
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Haern said:

Aarbrok said:

(Dapper is such an old lady term...lol)

But can you be -this- dapper?

...that poor dog. :/
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TeaniPeriluna
  • @Omei While it is legal to let your child drink as long as you are there. They can still be refused service based on the policy of the restaurant if that makes you feel better :P
    Furtum
  • @Haern, for finding the Dragon 2 trailer and posting it here. Because I went and finally saw it last night with friends and IT WAS AMAZING!!!! <3<3 I'm getting it on DVD when it comes out. The only weird thing is looking at everyone's faces after five years. Looking at hiccup from movie 1 to 2 is like watching Daniel Radcliff in HP 3 and HP7A. Weird. About same age range though.

If I go to another kids movie though, doing it a later time, never was in the theatre with that many kids at the same time since I was young enough to see Lion King in theatre when it came out. Holy crap. They talk.

One of the kids cried towards the end of the movie. Poor kid, I felt so bad, and if I was that age I'd have cried too, but I was trying so HARD not to giggle at him.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I went with about 4 families and a smattering of solo movie goers on Tuesday. The movie was really fantastic and just like the last entry deals with heavy themes beyond death/loss.
    Ishin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Martial arts.

I know I've been doing jump kicks when my pants are a touch tighter this week than last. Finally feels like I'm making up for the two and a half years I spent at a desk 65-70 hours a week.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • Wait home made pies?

@moirean, you know I'm just a couple of hours away right? Right?

I mean, I don't even like pie, because man, so sweet. It's like a jelly filled donut. But home made?!
  • Flopping down on my back porch, feeling like crap, and having my cat dutifully cuddle next to me. Mah boo.
    OmeiIshinAryanneEmelle
  • @Ashmer‌

Do more squats. You know you've succeeded when you have to buy pants 3 sizes too big on the waist to fit your legs.
    Furtum
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Rashar said:

Wait home made pies?

@moirean, you know I'm just a couple of hours away right? Right?

I mean, I don't even like pie, because man, so sweet. It's like a jelly filled donut. But home made?!

And danishes. I found a recipe I want to try with the fresh berries. ^_^ We'll probably be having at least one pie that's more tart, I don't like the super super sweet stuff either.

• *fills up tank*

*hops on the 5*

.. Creepin..
    MoireanAryanneEmelle
    We should have another Portland meet, whenever you really do have time. Aarbrok and Aryanne are both in the area!
    AryanneFurtum
  • Rashar said:

@Ashmer‌

Do more squats. You know you've succeeded when you have to buy pants 3 sizes too big on the waist to fit your legs.

Can confirm. Source: had to squat a lot while doing temp work as a carpenter, can now leap small buildings with a single bound

i am rapture coder
    AryanneSlypheFurtumEmelle
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Rashar said:

@Ashmer‌

I'm just working on general fitness and perfecting my angled kicks right now, but that's a good idea.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Rashar said:

Do more squats.

Just don't be this guy.

IshinXavinAryanne
  • Haern said:

Flopping down on my back porch, feeling like crap, and having my cat dutifully cuddle next to me. Mah boo.

Lucky. My cat has resting angry face syndrome. Except replace 'angry' with 'Satan' - she looks like she's about to murder me any time she looks towards me.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Squatting and deadlifts are probably the most overlooked lifts, but I cannot express enough how vital they are if you really, really want to become strong and fit. People don't do them because squatting fucking hurts the next day, if you're not used to it. But if you want explosive power and speed, there literally isn't a better way to build it.

@moirean I tried to get @aarbrok down to Portland last time I was there and he said, 'Hayl naw!'. I messaged you as well, and you were like that dood is a creep.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I personally prefer squatting my own bodyweight to squatting 300+ pounds. I used to do that, and it's just too much, imo. Squat your bodyweight, or converse you can lean on the wall in a seated-like position with your legs bent at a 90. Puts a hurting on you mighty quick.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    No, I said that I had just been out hanging out with Akary/Eleanor the week before and had no cash. :P
  • @Ashmer +1 for martial arts. My previous roommates ran a Kyokushin style dojo and I had free lessons. I really miss going. Envious.

For my love - my two days of 12 hour shifts are over, with sizeable payouts both days. I was able to buy myself some of the steam sales for games I really wanted.

My youngest sister is getting married next Saturday, to a pretty awesome guy. It's also the first day of Ramadan this year, so I am doubly excited! I get to see my brother after almost a year because he was shipped overseas military wise, because he is coming to the wedding.

Can it be next Saturday please?
    MoireanIshinAryanne
  • Love 1: All ya'll loves. It just makes me all happy to see you all so happy!

Love 2: Today is the 1st day of my new work schedule! For the first time in 3(ish) years, I will ONLY work 5 days a week -and- I will be getting 2 days off in a row! :D I'll have time to do unicorns! During office hours!

WHO WANTS A WEST COAST MEET!? I COULD ATTEND IT NOW!

StathanAarbrokMoireanIshinEmelle
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Sure! Let's host it in Anchorage.
    AryanneAarbrokFurtumTeani
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Rashar Yeah I was pretty much in the same boat, I was out of money after hotel rooms, dinners, drinking....I did tell you though if you gave me a bit more notice I would love to hang out and buy you a drink or four
  • @aarbrok Well I stopped drinking, so I'd probably be a big ol' bore. But I'm down to meet up, for sure. I'm in Oly, not far at all from most of you.

@ishin - Air squats, body weight squats, they're all good for accessory muscles, warm-ups, or burning out. If you want power, you need to lift powerfully. Alternatively, if you're not down to do reps between the 3-400 range, you can do higher sets of lower weight. I vary it up, to be honest. Some days I'll come in and do 5 or 6x3 at like, 315 or something, the next time I'll come do 5x5, or even 4x8, obviously scaling weight as necessary.

There is also the vastly underrated front squat, which will just rock your socks with much less weight. When I was doing a 3 rep max of 405 on back, I was doing roughly 325 on front, again for 3. It really does matter a lot on your body type, though. If you're a skinny bastard or a tall bird, it'll be much harder. I'm 5'8" and some change, and I weigh between 205-215 depending on how heavy I've been lifting. I'd probably squat a lot heavier if I focused on it, and didn't also have to worry about being fast and having good endurance capabilities.
    I dont drink either really, stomach issues.

We can however go get wings at fire on the mountain and do dude things...
    The manliest variety of course. Plus you just seem like a cool guy.
  • Dude we'll totally do man things. We'll go to the range and shoot the fuck out of some pistols. Then we'll go grunt and oggle strippers for the requisite 15 minutes before they kick us out for not buying drinks. After that, it's definitely got to be a game of full contact football with a group of teenagers, after which we'll groan for days and pretend to not be in pain. We'll wrap the night up by watching the most manliest of action movies while pointedly -not- sharing popcorn or a drink, and setting with a seat between us.

So manly. So. Much. Man.
    AarbrokTragerAryanneFurtumIshinEmelle
    ^ all the man, and unicorns sharing popcorn.

...Man I havent played a game of football in a while, used to go meet up with old friends from high school and do it during the spring every year. West Coast meet, light vs dark football game....

THIS NEEDS TO BE A THING.