Artifact ideas

Comments

• Erzsebet said:

Zsadist said:

Make darkness much more awesome.

Would light work in the same way?

I don't see why not.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Let the real war of light and dark begin
    SetneZsadistStathanHaven
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    If that were to go in, I would ask that nightsight be dropped down a bit in Vision, otherwise you're leaving newbies in a rough spot - especially if areas outside of cities/near newbie areas are likely to get swamped in the tit for tat that goes on.
    ErzsebetIshinSetne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oleis said:

We'll probably half some fresh stuff for the back half of the month. Not sure if @Razmael is going to do what you suggest just yet, though. :X

:( I understand the need to switch stuff up to entice buying but I don't have a huge disposable income and am slowly saving up for each thing over time...and the promo keeps changing, leaving me with not-quite-finished artifact pieces. This is so frustrating and I feel like I keep getting burnt.
    Ishin
  • At least that first set was good for people who aren't avid bashers. I have the complete set of the 2nd to last and I have used it exactly 0 times.
    Ishin
  • Honestly, I don't think that's a good idea. It really isn't as if sun damage is a huge problem.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Seems like more of an RP thing to me. And it -can- be a problem, if you're bashing outside.
    imageimage
    it's nice to not get extra damage in pk, and extra extra damage plus affs if you arent artied to the teeth like I am
  • I'm just saying, darkness ring doesn't need to be spreading out like that. It's fine as it is.

It's a pain in the ass to have to use it for every room in an outdoor bashing area. I know plenty of vampires who would get it for that reason alone.
    imageimage
    JensenIshinZsadist
  • Xavin said:

Honestly, I don't think that's a good idea. It really isn't as if sun damage is a huge problem.

You're absolutely right. Sun damage is not a huge problem. However, if you're a prae, it kills your minion hella quick because of the constant sun damage. Which lowers a prae's audit a fair bit.

But I can agree to Nightsight being brought down in Vision to help out the newblets. :) Overly though, this idea wouldn't be a huge game changer.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Erzsebet
    Orrrrr....we can see a resurgence of the MIGHTY FIREFLY TATTOO!
    RiluoIshinZsadist
  • I just trans vision first on all my newbies :x

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

- Super cheap artifact to let us increase the number of fumology blends we can make.

- Bigger shop shelves.

- Some sort of artifact or mechanic to play with the readout of the shop directory. Currently it goes by shop vnum, but what if there was a way to buy/quest for your shop showing up first (or last, for super long readouts, being at the end could be beneficial) or in a different color? Add a bit of advertisement/shopkeeping tactics.
    Erzsebet
    I don't want to join that bid war
    \
    XavinErzsebetFaerah
  • I really feel like being able to pay to increase your position in the shop directory is not a good idea.

SolariaErzsebetGwenith
    edited July 2014
    Bigger shelves, yes. Everything else*, plzno. >.>

*That you said, shop related. Still think the cap on blends should just straight be removed.
    imageimage
    Gwenith
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited July 2014
    While I know artifact prices are pretty set, I wanted to at least ask if the price of the artifact dyekits could be reconsidered. Right now they are rather prohibitively priced for a utility thing that's similar to pigeons and letter satchels. I feel it is over twice what would be a reasonable price for it so that more people could buy and make use of it. 75ish would be more appropriate.

Edit: I DID SOME MATH

So currently, each use of a dyekit is 75 gold, (750 gold / 10 uses). At 5k per credit, the artifact is the cost of 13,333 uses.
    MephistolesIshinErzsebet
  • Thinking about alot of the lessers I've been to lately and the dramatic increase of monks that appear at said lessers, I think there should be an artifact that extends the amount of time it takes for a monk to lock their target, a defensive artifact.

Something around 500cr that gives a 30% increase to time to lock. Of course, this would not work if you have said monk allied still, but still a thought.

Haven
  • I would pay for an artifact combat dummy that behaves like a player and can be controlled like a player, save the fact it can only ever target myself.

In the alternative, because I know something like that doesn't exist. I'd pay for the limited right to multiplay for the sake of combat testing.

Or access to the test server, if that would achieve exactly the aboveg.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Something that would make the arti owl/mountain tattoo more desirable. Have TOUCHING it switch between the two. In this era of multiclass neither is really particularly desirable.
    Erzsebet
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I usually roll with both myself, but Syssin use both in combat so..
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Make articall not remove things from packs/containers in your possession.
    ArekaRasharKerrynIshinTragerZsadistRivasErzsebet
  • Aishia said:

Also make it not remove casks/racks from shops ...
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Infin
  • Only ARTICALL ALL will do that.
  • An artifact (loaded dice/lucky horseshoe/ace of spades) that gives you an increased chance of winning at blackjack or roulette.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

ErzsebetMoireanZsadist
    Nalor said:

Aishia said:

Also make it not remove casks/racks from shops ...
    If you price them, they won't be articalled unless you specify them by number.
  • edited September 2014
    @Razmael

Can vampire pets please get artifacts? I'm not talking anything super overpowered like swing speed, just like a damage increase one and maybe the ability to customize the appearance of your minions.

All of the other single pet classes seem to have got something now with the introduction of the stuff for Shamans and Teradrim
  • Rivas said:

An artifact (loaded dice/lucky horseshoe/ace of spades) that gives you an increased chance of winning at blackjack or roulette.

This... So much win. :D lol

Erzsebet
  • Make artifact FETISHES for shaman, like you do the collar pacts thingy!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested