Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Yeah they killed that in the weaponry thread
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Welp.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited November 2014
    Moirean said:

Do weapons really reset now? I was absolutely going to buy like 1500 or so credits to get a rune for the guild, but I'm rethinking it, hearing that.

Nope. I've loaned mine out many times to guildies and stuff, and before I go out to PK I've had to recall it a day or two later. Transformation rune might, but I don't think the enhancement rune does? @Oleis could clarify whether or not it -should-, though.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Yeah enhancement resets, they did it in like September
    :o
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Yeah. As was discussed in prior posts, the change was made because it allowed a loophole in how every other artifact in the game, save those that are intended for shopkeeping, works.
    Is there a chance guild artifacts can be reconsidered, then? I'm a lot more likely to justify blowing cash if I can tell myself it's helping a group of people, versus just me.
    RiluoIshin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    If we bring that functionality back, it'll probably be a guild purchase. A guild weapon rack, for example. Not giving any kind of firm support to that idea, just letting you know how we'd do it.

Personally, I love 1-2hr artifact lending. Even for someone already planning to buy credits from us, I think it's a really good way to discover what's helpful to the parts of the game you enjoy. I know getting a hoard of bashing artifacts in Imperian really motivated me to spend my credits there.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Moirean
    Oleis said:

If we bring that functionality back, it'll probably be a guild purchase. A guild weapon rack, for example. Not giving any kind of firm support to that idea, just letting you know how we'd do it.

Personally, I love 1-2hr artifact lending. Even for someone already planning to buy credits from us, I think it's a really good way to discover what's helpful to the parts of the game you enjoy. I know getting a hoard of bashing artifacts in Imperian really motivated me to spend my credits there.

Can you elaborate on guild weapon rack? I'm not sure I'm tracking on that.

Also, yes pls lending. Wtb please.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Oleis said:

Guild purchase is what I have asked for, for several years now. I'm saying that I'd be pretty tempted to buy personal credits to donate to my guild to buy a guild artifact. I already spent 1500+ of my own on weapon runes for a guild weapon before the change. The monthly promotions are tempting, but I don't really need anything and can just save up gold to buy credits - but if there's some sweet thing my guild can get, it feels like much more of a win-win...I'd be getting promo prizes, while my guild would be getting something great.
    IshinJensen
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited November 2014
    This isn't an artifact, exactly, but a suggestion for artifact customizations. The appearance is still limited to the old crafting rule of 40 characters (flat, not even 40 characters OR 7 words)--is there any way that could be upped to 50 to be in line with the current craft limit? I have a bunch of stuff I want to customize, but this is...needlessly hindering. >.>

ETA: Also! Allow us to change the item type without doubling cost if it would be changeable on a mortal crafted design? I.E. I have a headdress that I made before identities were a thing, so its base is 'hat'. I'd much prefer it to be headdress, it's -desced- as a headdress now.

...tangentially related, question for @Oleis --now that I think on it, would I be able to re-submit it as a headdress without changing it? It went through the mortal queue last time and just got artifacted, do I have to pay double credits for it to keep being a headdress with 'hat' as its base design if I'm re-submitting it to essentially change its description from one headdress to another?
    imageimage
    IaneaIshin
  • A training dummy that you can hit with pvp skills. The dummy would also have first aid and access to all curing skills utilized by first aid. You could have an immortal option meaning it's HP would never drop below 1 and mana would never drop low enough for absolve/annihilate and be immune to channeled insta's like behead/cleave/etc and voyria. Would make testing random things a million times easier.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanXeniaIshinZsadist
  • Draiman said:

A training dummy that you can hit with pvp skills. The dummy would also have first aid and access to all curing skills utilized by first aid. You could have an immortal option meaning it's HP would never drop below 1 and mana would never drop low enough for absolve/annihilate and be immune to channeled insta's like behead/cleave/etc and voyria. Would make testing random things a million times easier.

Also the ability to WATCH through its eyes.
    DraimanRiluoZsadist
  • I'm pretty sure someone MUST have mentioned this at some point, but I could be wrong...

Since some classes are unable to use a shield, due to needing to wield a two-handed weapon, maybe the artifact energy resistance could be made into a rune that can be added to armor or (for non-armor wearing classes) clothes. Only one energy resistance rune could be used at once, and the only balance issue would seem to be that now all classes could benefit.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Yarel said:

I'm pretty sure someone MUST have mentioned this at some point, but I could be wrong...

Since some classes are unable to use a shield, due to needing to wield a two-handed weapon, maybe the artifact energy resistance could be made into a rune that can be added to armor or (for non-armor wearing classes) clothes. Only one energy resistance rune could be used at once, and the only balance issue would seem to be that now all classes could benefit.

Those classes are (ostensibly) balanced around not using that shield. They either have alternative methods or they are intentionally a little more fragile. Adding a flat damage mitigation buff to everyone who pays seems like it might be taking us in the wrong direction, given how easy DM is to come by already.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ashmer
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    This same thing comes up almost monthly, it's intentional! Almost wish they'd just remove the shield effect entirely so we stopped having to hear about it >_>
    Ishin
  • edited December 2014
    Aishia said:
    This same thing comes up almost monthly, it's intentional! Almost wish they'd just remove the shield effect entirely so we stopped having to hear about it >_>

I'm considering liaisoning the power, but only because the change to statpacks now makes psychic/asphyxiation resistance that much more difficult to stack against the few, few dumb situations they would matter. The other resistances seem like too much gravy for the classes that use the shield, especially praenom and lumi.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Artifact Mirror

You use Ferality Rend (right arm) on Valingar.
    You hear the satisfying snap of bone as you rend Valingar's right arm.
    You rake Valingar's right arm with your claws.
    They are afflicted with right_arm_broken.

In a large, awesome mirror you see:
    Rashar uses Ferality Rend (right arm) on Valingar.
    yada yada, third person message.

For those lonely 1 am nights when you just can't find another person to help you out. :(
    TragerIshin
    The Syssin have something like that in their guildhall, for illusions.
  • I hadn't seen statpack enhancements until I started playing again recently and I'd never seen 'critical damage' before then or after. I think it'd be a fairly obvious thing to have artifacts that increase crit damage.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Malok said:

I hadn't seen statpack enhancements until I started playing again recently and I'd never seen 'critical damage' before then or after. I think it'd be a fairly obvious thing to have artifacts that increase crit damage.

23.1.5 HUNTING ARTIFACTS

All powers may be added to existing artifacts via Qeddwyn, and need only
    be within one's inventory to work. All powers work only for those to
    whom the artifact is loyal.

The powers will increase the damage the player does to MOBILES ONLY while their current class is the
    class to which the power is attributed. The artifacts have three levels and confer a bonus of 5%,
    10% and 15% for the three tiers.

Cost and Bonus
    --------------
    Level 1: 200cr for 5% bonus.
    Level 2: 400cr for 10% bonus.
    Level 3: 800cr for 15% bonus.

^_^ Also, the yellow amulet works like a level 1 crit artifact IIRC.
  • Crit rate and Crit damage are two different things. We have the crit rate artifact, but not a crit damage. Personally, I don't think we need a crit damage increase artifact. As it is, its a 2x/4x/8x/16x multiplier.... you're bound to kill your target in a couple crits anyway.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Yeah the crit damage enhancement is pretty underwhelming.
  • Sorry, I misunderstood since he's recently come back. I doubt that we'd get an artifact for critical damage itself when we have critical multipliers.
  • Dristin said:

Sorry, I misunderstood since he's recently come back. I doubt that we'd get an artifact for critical damage itself when we have critical multipliers.

It's fine. I was just throwing something out there to try and contribute to the thread. I do find that reasoning a little strange when we have a statpack enhancement that gives us critical damage. I'm crazy like a coconut though!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • I'm fairly low strength and bash with a combo, and still my annihilating crits basically kill anything, so far as I've found. Logically one would think there'd be that artifact, but I think the reason there isn't is because mob health is already balanced around what damage they expect us to do.
    Rawr
    Ishin
    The augmetic lets you do 1.5% more damage when you crit. That's like less than 100 more damage on a 6k crit. Really underwhelming.

The artifact that Dristan linked, the hunt boon, DOES benefit from crits. It adds a flat 5/10/15% of damage on to your attack BEFORE crit damage is calculated, so it's pretty great.
    IshinAshmer
  • would be nice if they brought back artifact armor. Get back a small % of that 5% overall audit loss we suffered a couple liaison rounds ago and have never decay armor. Plus a lot of the new areas (aka. tcanna, bastion of illidon, etc) can really dish out 2.5k-3k cutting/blunt damage in one swing with me having on average 60% cutting/blunt resist at max. Not to mention Cutters and Captains in Tiyen. Another idea aside from the audit thing perhaps it reduces the amount of bleeding you get hit with instead of audit gain. That clot can kill some mana.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think protection arti is meant to fill that slot now.
    AshmerMephistolesReux
  • How about an artifact that will let you reset your enhancement points one time per IG year?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""