Artifact ideas

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Xavin said:

I mean something more permanent than just the month. But I'm sure you are right regarding how many pieces will be around after people dig into the promo.

And like anything else, it has the potential to return later on!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It looks like the new items have a pretty low drop rate. I got like 10 chests and all I saw was one tentacle segment. The rest was just really bad chests like this:

A cryptic chest is holding:
    "elm54717" a stack of 5 slippery elms
    "moss59301" a stack of 5 pieces of irid moss
    "bellwort60065" a stack of 5 bellwort flowers
    "ash61783" a stack of 5 pieces of prickly ash bark
    "ash72085" a stack of 5 pieces of prickly ash bark
    "lobelia74538" a stack of 5 lobelia seeds
    "eye75227" a red bull's eye
    "eye76054" a red bull's eye
    "eye79151" a red bull's eye
    "eye79674" a red bull's eye
    "eye81362" a red bull's eye
    "eye82864" a red bull's eye
    Riluo
    Moirean said:

It looks like the new items have a pretty low drop rate. I got like 10 chests and all I saw was one tentacle segment. The rest was just really bad chests like this:

A cryptic chest is holding:
    "elm54717" a stack of 5 slippery elms
    "moss59301" a stack of 5 pieces of irid moss
    "bellwort60065" a stack of 5 bellwort flowers
    "ash61783" a stack of 5 pieces of prickly ash bark
    "ash72085" a stack of 5 pieces of prickly ash bark
    "lobelia74538" a stack of 5 lobelia seeds
    "eye75227" a red bull's eye
    "eye76054" a red bull's eye
    "eye79151" a red bull's eye
    "eye79674" a red bull's eye
    "eye81362" a red bull's eye
    "eye82864" a red bull's eye

The items are different but the drop rates are unchanged from last time. Looks like unlucky rolls.
    [---]
  • I'm not one for complaining about a promo, and I'm not really complaining about this one. I think the potential exists to at least not go horribly into the hole with chests, if you're smart about things.

That being said.. I buy a lot of chests. Like, a lot of them. Pretty much any time I get 150k, because what else am I going to spend money on besides gutting and redoing my havens or houses? And it's been a looooong time since I got anything that makes me excited. I will probably not spend real money on these.

I wish they gave exciting things more often like they used to!

FaerahStathan
    edited July 2014
    I think part of the issue is that when these first came out, things like bulls eyes, phoenix hearts, grimstim, etc WERE cool prizes. Now the market has become so flooded with more of these than people are using (and skills like refining, that mimic them, were introduced) so now these are now viewed as junk, so the amount of "crappy" chests has risen a lot just because the items inside got completely devalued. I really think they should consider tossing in something like a chocolate with the chests that are just grim/bullseye/heart/torch.
  • Honestly, it's gotten to the point where even chocolates are meh. A mint, ok. I'll sell it, maybe, or give it to a newb. The others, I almost always just end up giving away.

Hearts and bullseyes.. I dunno. I don't really bash ( I know. I'm level 122 ) so the only time I've ever eaten those has been during a long globe session. But damn, I just killed like 7 or 8 globes yesterday and didn't even run out, so I don't know where people lose endurance/wp at? Might just be my class.

That being said, I understand that chests are a gamble, and I won't lie and say I do it for anything -other- than that little thrill that I might get a pet token or something neat. I'll still continue to buy them with gold, or maybe trade in credits or IC's every onc in a while. Just saying, I don't think it's worth it anymore to buy 100 bucks worth of them.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Think chests would be better if they didn't give random commodities/sigils/plants. Point of fact is, most people already have these things, and if they don't, they don't need them.

Think it'd be awesome if we could customize vox with coins in the same way we can minipets. That is, within the parameters of the item type. So like, while one could change the sibilant one from 'Harshly, you hiss afar to $name' to 'Gently, you hiss to $name' or whatever you wouldn't be able to change it to 'You screech at $name loudly' with a sibilant. In the same way you can't turn a kitten minipet into a fox or a babeh dragon or anything.
    imageimage
    ArekaIshinStathan
    Erzsebet said:

Think chests would be better if they didn't give random commodities/sigils/plants. Point of fact is, most people already have these things, and if they don't, they don't need them.

Think it'd be awesome if we could customize vox with coins in the same way we can minipets. That is, within the parameters of the item type. So like, while one could change the sibilant one from 'Harshly, you hiss afar to $name' to 'Gently, you hiss to $name' or whatever you wouldn't be able to change it to 'You screech at $name loudly' with a sibilant. In the same way you can't turn a kitten minipet into a fox or a babeh dragon or anything.

You know those commodities/sigils/plants are never the bulk of the prize, right? They're additional. You're suggesting that chests would be better without the extra free stuff.
    [---]
    edited July 2014
    Eh. In my experience, they're pretty much never paired with enough coins/credits to make them worth the 150k cost of chests.

You open a cryptic chest.
    A brilliant flash of light appears from within a cryptic chest!
    You have received 5 Credits as a result of opening a cryptic chest!
    H:4367 M:4367 W:100% B:95% XP:60% [eb]
    You turn a cryptic chest upside down and give it a shake, emptying its contents
    into your hands.
    A Parxian orb of white falls into your hands.
    A Parxian orb of crimson falls into your hands.
    A stack of 40 pieces of prickly ash bark falls into your hands.
    A stack of 40 bloodroot leaves falls into your hands.
    A stack of 40 ginseng roots falls into your hands.
    A stack of 40 pieces of kelp falls into your hands.
    A stack of 40 lobelia seeds falls into your hands.
    A stack of 40 pieces of kelp falls into your hands.
    Some gold sovereigns falls into your hands.

They typically always look like this, in my experience. I dunno. I'm not saying every chest should be legendary, it's supposed to be something of a gamble, I just think the chance of rolling chests like this, wherein the only desirable thing about the contents at all is 40k worth of credits, is too high, when you take into account how ridiculously high the gold cost of one is.

Eta: Is, of course, just my opinion.
    imageimage
    Oleis said:

You know those commodities/sigils/plants are never the bulk of the prize, right? They're additional. You're suggesting that chests would be better without the extra free stuff.

I think they would. Just inserting comms into the game without a source or cost for them messes with things like shopkeeping.
    Not at all what I'm saying. IMO It doesn't mess with the economy at all. They're not given in high enough quantities to be a threat. And I've rolled them more on characters that don't have crafts than on ones that do, besides. Just random characters with elemental ashes and steel and obsidian or whatever.
    imageimage
    Rashar and Daskalos both posted about how they have thousands of comms from chests. And now the rates were increased to multiple stacks of 40....
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Moirean said:

Oleis said:

I think they would. Just inserting comms into the game without a source or cost for them messes with things like shopkeeping.
    6 obisidian, 6 steel, 6 wood, and 6 elemental ash for 150,000 gold or 30 iron coins. Nah, no cost there. ;-)
    ErzsebetAreka
    Eh. And do either of them craft? Not all that much.

Even if it -does- affect the economy, and I still don't think it does, it isn't as if they're not paying for 'em in one way or another.
    imageimage
  • I have 4 crafting skills, but I really only craft for personal items / gifts / sometimes as a favor for somebody I like. It's all a RP thing for me, not any desire to make money.
    JensenRiluo
    edited July 2014
    Nodnod. Was my point. Dask's the same way. Y'all have the skills but aren't really crafting powerhouses with 50 billion designs with which to flood the market. Though I really don't think it'd be game-breaking if someone like me or Areka got a couple thousand comms, either. So there's that.
    imageimage
    Artifact versions of those staves Duiran got, both in a range of preset options (flowers! Jungle! Sand! Science lab!) and more expensive custom one, with the following options:

- a colored line to add to the room.
    - a terrain type to change it to.
    - the up/down 1p/3p message.

Maybe have each staff only able to put out 1-5 new terrains a day and have terrain only last like an hour or so.

• Heeey, I don't know where the hell the questions thread went. I might be crazy.

Anyway, does anybody know if you can just upgrade your regular wings to above cloud wings? Qeddwyn is being an unhelpful goober!
  • @Rashar: No I don't believe you can. Each special exit artifact is its own artifact, not really an upgrade-able artifact.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• This makes me sad face.

I shall retain my horribly normal wings, I suppooooose.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I think you can upgrade it if you message Razmael about it, but I'm not sure. You could ask him, at the very least.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    edited July 2014
    Alexina said:

I think you can upgrade it if you message Razmael about it, but I'm not sure. You could ask him, at the very least.

With enough credits, almost anything is possible.

Idea for upgrading the putty. Perhaps have an enhanced version that allows you to animate the putty or something? I feel like Demarcus could resolve a lot of his daddy issues with a putty @Haven if he could just hug it out with the fantastically moldable guy and, you know, get hugged back.
    DaskalosHaven
  • 'Hug it out'. Riiight.
    @Rashar If you mean wings of the eagle to wings of the atavian? Yes. Yes you can.
    imageimage
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lmao, just saw your post @Demarcus‌. Clearly Haven is the worst father ever.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ErzsebetDemarcusKerrynStathan
    Please please please please make the merchant's logbook a general artifact. Charge 1000 credits for it if you need to, but please give us a way to access all of the fun design tradeskills. I *hated* Lusternia's tradeskill system because you couldn't make designs for all the choices and it's so frustrating that you have to choose between combat functionality (being able to refill on the fly has pretty hefty PK and bashing advantages and has saved my life quite a lot) and fun designs (forging is a headache and not profitable but it'd be awesome to make pretty things).
    PhoeneciaAarbrokWinterlynnIlyon
  • Dear peeps,

It looks like people stopped buying chests! No racial relics on the market? I have just the fix for you, @Oleis‌.

Please be bringing back the old set. Since I don't have any of those pieces.. I can personally assure you a good second half of the month!

Sincerely,
    The chest guy.
    IshinErzsebetAarbrok
    We'll probably half some fresh stuff for the back half of the month. Not sure if @Razmael is going to do what you suggest just yet, though. :X
    [---]
  • Here's an artifact idea. Make the conjure darkness artifact a leveled artifact in that lvl 1 conjures darkness in the same room, lvl 2 conjures darkness in a 5 room area, and lvl 3 conjures darkness across the entire area you're standing in. :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

AlexinaIshinStathanErzsebetAshmer
    Zsadist said:

Make darkness much more awesome.

Would light work in the same way?

imageimage