Artifact ideas

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    That's actually a pretty cool idea @Moirean, though kind of odd. Kind of weird moving from like MAGICAL DREAMLAND MANIFESTED FROM YOUR BEING A COOL DUDE, to the concrete real world.
  • Haunted House called, they wanted their cool dude back!

There could be something like a 'there is a massive totally cray-cray swirling portal here, with ohgadloudnoises!'

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Well, maybe have it be based on a special entrance option, and players would be expected to explain the transition somehow through description of the special entrance.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah that makes more sense!
  • Daingean said:
    Wait, it doesn't?

That's terrible.

Transmutation works every two hours now, I think. When I originally owned a Gem of Transmutation it worked once every 24 hours. That led to some awesomely hilarious RP (using a ghast as a step-stool while interrogating Ayalaine as a dwarf) , but it really wasn't worth the $300 the credits cost to buy it given the restriction. Now that I'm coming back after 4-5 years and the gem works every two hours, I wish I had it, but I have to cool the artifact purchases for a month. If it worked every hour that would make me think about buying it again.
  • Some sort of way to easy sort ARTIFACT LIST (or at least make it prettier)

Having to hit MORE, and go through stuff...

#artiwhoreproblems

I have a lot of little things, most of my main powers are consolidated on my ring, but enough utility things - pipes/vials/quiver/globe/pigeon/satchel/keyring/various iron coin things/kegs/casks/runes....it's sloppy. I had hoped I could manually sort by doing the ol' drop and pick up thing, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Ishin

• Saybre said:
    Some sort of way to easy sort ARTIFACT LIST (or at least make it prettier)

Having to hit MORE, and go through stuff...

#artiwhoreproblems

I have a lot of little things, most of my main powers are consolidated on my ring, but enough utility things - pipes/vials/quiver/globe/pigeon/satchel/keyring/various iron coin things/kegs/casks/runes....it's sloppy. I had hoped I could manually sort by doing the ol' drop and pick up thing, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Maybe if they just grouped by type? >.> So you can scroll through all the casks/kegs/pipes/vials/crafter's workbooks in sections without missing the thing you're looking for.
    imageimage
    Saybre
  • Venantium Magnet
     - More of a rage than anything. This thing is so anti-Templar.
     60 Minute cooldown, means it can only be used once an hour for -one- set of runes (i.e. one weapon). Templar typically use -2- weapons, thus, double sets of runes. So this kills rune movement to another weapon set without having to invest in -2-, and on top of that, the cooldown means it isn't even viable in combat for change-up. Maybe for class change..but it's hard in my head to justify buying it.

If they -really- want to penalize Templar for using two weapons, just make it so the magnet attaches to X-runes, and lets them just be freely moved, but can't be used to grab another rune combo of the same types (i.e. I can't grab empowerment rune off weapon A, then off of Weapon B).

Or..just y'know, make it so it has no cooldown, and cost 300-400cr for one (I'd then gladly look into buying two). I can't imagine these are selling that often in the current incarnation. (especially with most other runes excluding the empowerment ones having mediocre benefits)

Arti Hand Crossbow/Multi-Tool Bow of the WeaponMaster
     - Acts as a Crossbow for Sentinels, or can fold-out to be standard Bow (for when not in Sent)

**Or just change arti bows to be able to act as crossbows too**
  • I'd like to see an artifact that let you buy access to reincarnate between a limited number of statpacks. At say 200cr per statpack there would still be incentive to buy tranmutation or whatever the new one that combines with polymath is, but those of us who only want to switch between 1 or 2 statpacks wouldn't be stuck paying 100cr per statpack switch or 1000cr for a gem with access to statpacks we don't need. 
  • edited February 2014
    Skilled_enchanter(2) -cuts enchanting down to 1/4 time 600 credits
    Skiled_enchantier(3)  cuts enchanting down to 1/8 time 1200 credits
    Sharpened Scalpel cuts dissecting time down to 1/2 600 credits
    Diamond Scalpel cuts dissecting time down to 1/4 and quadruples organs 1200 credits
    Sturdy harvesting gloves doubles the amount harvested ( Adds more to harvest per day amount as well))600 credits
    Wrymskin Gloves cuts harvesting time down to 1/4 time and quadruples harvested amount.(Removes limit on harvest per day amount) 1200 credits

** I like utility**

• hah, no. Skilled_enchanter is hardly worth the current cost as it is, let alone making it a tiered artifact.

• The gloves though, I would buy
    Arbre
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    In regard to the haven-linking thing, I have begged many a time for such a thing... definitive admin answer is "Nope." They don't want to allow Havens to be more versatile because a place you create is supposed to be the niche houses fill. I protested that weird haven crap doesn't really work as something you could concievably do on the PM with houses, but the answer's still nope.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2014
    Pretty sure they linked Akimoto and Kerryn's havens together? Or did you mean the to-houses thing.

ETA: Nvm, scrolling up, you probably mean the to-houses thing.
    imageimage
  • Artifact Torch that lets you set a room alight. It seems awfully silly that none of us know how to make fire....im pretty sure we're out of the stoneages.
    Also we are able to flood a room, make rubble, change the exits, freeze the floor, etc. What's a small fire (equivalent to Quicken and not Firestorm).

Additionally:

Artifact that allows you to create a campfire at your location for thematic purposes. Perhaps bestows willpower and endurance regen. (frankly would rather it be a survival skill but meh).
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can we make casks bound to guild/House/Order, please?  SOMEONE always has to own them, and they could be bought with guild credits and then they take them back when they leave the guild.  Then allow only the guildmaster to articall them.

Additionally, allow the owner to transfer casks in their name to the guild, so that ones ALREADY bought in their name from guild credits could be moved over.  This is a one-time thing and doesn't go the other way.
    MoireanArekaHavenDaingeanIshinPiper
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @calipso the campfire that regens endurance is a Sentinel skill
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

I want this. It is kind of like a pet, but better. Because better pets = pettier!

Basically it would have a sort of trainable-AI associated with it. Initially it is going to do whatever the hell it wants, and there is some sort of PUNISH and some sort of REWARD command. Punishing it will make it less likely to perform that action again in the future, and rewarding it will make it more likely to perform that action.

Example:

a swirling ember elemental

Reward:
     - FEED COAL TO ELEMENTAL

Punish:
     - POUR <LIQUID> ON ELEMENTAL

Possible Behaviors:

- A swirling ember elemental suddenly flares up, setting you on fire!
       You have been afflicted with ablaze.

- A swirling ember elemental begins to shake before flashing brightly!
       SneakySerpent is revealed from being sneaky!

(Acts identical to having just thrown an eye sigil on the floor.)

- A swirling ember elemental grows very hot, searing your flesh! (-500 health, fire damage)

- A swirling ember elemental coughs out several glowing motes that settle into a faintly shimmering shell around you.
       You have gained the fireblock defense.

- A swirling ember elemental pulls back and smacks you upside the head!
       You have been stunned!

Can be dropped and turned into a campfire to boost endurance and willpower regeneration once per howling.

Comes with a nifty little shell that you can put him away in so he doesn't do nasty stuff to you when you're trying to be productive.

Flame away.

HavenCalipsoCarivah
  • Demarcus said:

I want this. It is kind of like a pet, but better. Because better pets = pettier!

Basically it would have a sort of trainable-AI associated with it. Initially it is going to do whatever the hell it wants, and there is some sort of PUNISH and some sort of REWARD command. Punishing it will make it less likely to perform that action again in the future, and rewarding it will make it more likely to perform that action.

Example:

a swirling ember elemental

Reward:
     - FEED COAL TO ELEMENTAL

Punish:
     - POUR <LIQUID> ON ELEMENTAL

Possible Behaviors:

- A swirling ember elemental suddenly flares up, setting you on fire!
       You have been afflicted with ablaze.

- A swirling ember elemental begins to shake before flashing brightly!
       SneakySerpent is revealed from being sneaky!

(Acts identical to having just thrown an eye sigil on the floor.)

- A swirling ember elemental grows very hot, searing your flesh! (-500 health, fire damage)

- A swirling ember elemental coughs out several glowing motes that settle into a faintly shimmering shell around you.
       You have gained the fireblock defense.

- A swirling ember elemental pulls back and smacks you upside the head!
       You have been stunned!

Can be dropped and turned into a campfire to boost endurance and willpower regeneration once per howling.

Comes with a nifty little shell that you can put him away in so he doesn't do nasty stuff to you when you're trying to be productive.

Flame away.

I would imagine most of that could be done, really. Some of it would just be pricy.

Demarcus
  • @Demarcus I found it so adorable that I would love it to be implemented.
    Demarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Calipso said:
    @Demarcus I found it so adorable that I would love it to be implemented.
    I vote it be the April promotion. Log in 21 days, get an ember elemental. Booyah.

Just kidding. But not really.
    Calipso
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    A builder's contract - reduces future prices for house expansions/upgrades by 15/25/50 percent

LinArekaErzsebet
  • Shopkeeper. - You hand it your crafting boon and it works for your shop.

MoireanJensenErzsebetAreka
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Artifact Tarot deck with infinite blank cards please.

Sitting here carving them 1 wood at a time is painful.
    RowenaIshinInfin
  • Ezalor said:

Artifact Tarot deck with infinite blank cards please.

Sitting here carving them 1 wood at a time is painful.

Gotta say this isn't a new idea, it's something Tina and I'm pretty sure Moi have asked for ages.

It would definitely be useful though. I'd buy one and I hardly ever play Indo.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Psst Ezalor you can carve more than one at once.

• Eleanor said:

Alexina did that... she took like 326 seconds balance.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Rowena said:

Eleanor said:

Alexina did that... she took like 326 seconds balance.
    Oooooer. What's the syntax and is it forceable? :D
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Demarcus
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Razmae‌l

Any idea when we will see more new artifacts by chance?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Eleanor yeah I know, I don't fancy being off balance for 30 mins though. Things could happen!