Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Is there even that many that it's actually hard to bash them all to death?
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Aryanne said:

I totally took the delos thing to mean that they were coming up with a reason to go "Hey look, now Delos guards have the same cool functionality as player city guards! You can ask them for directions and help" without just randomly, suddenly needing guards there for no apparent reason.

I was kinda excited when I read that post >.>

Aryanne gets it. No one was bashing Delos mobs, I introduced them for a bit of favour and to show off that we can make NPC guards now. The fact that newbies can greet them to get around Delos is a bonus too.
    SarkisSessizlikTeaniRiluoAryanneObynEmelleNaestyria
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It wasn't very clear at all and given the debates lately about people wanting neutral cities, that's what many of us thought was happening.

Kinda meh I have to pay 50k gold now just so I can spend credits on artis and stuff. A changelog clarifying would have been nice alongside the RP.

Are slavers now off limits?
  • Moirean said:

Kinda meh I have to pay 50k gold now just so I can spend credits on artis and stuff. A changelog clarifying would have been nice alongside the RP.

Are slavers now off limits?

@Moirean did you beat up one of the NPCS?? lol
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Yeah you get enemied if you hit one. So I got mad and kinda killed all the guards. So I guess I got super enemied.
  • haha.. So you get enemied when an aggro attacks you and you defend yourself.. SUPER COOL!! (sarcasim if people missed it)
    Areka
    Naw, I had guard targetted from Tcanna. I dunno what the verdict is from slavers.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited September 2014
    It works no different from a city. If they're loyal to Delos, they'll call the guards. They are considered citizens by the guard.

Edit:
    Thought I'd add, I don't mean the slavers are loyal. Just double check PROBE for loyalty, and you'll be fine.
  • I wants to buy new shiny stuffs but I also want my louboutin sneakers... 

When asked I have been very upfront about me just being in the Carnifex for the class as I have no desire to participate in any sort of 'military' style rp whatsoever. 
  • Why not just apply for apprenticeship? Could do that and still be working on another guild's reqs.
    Anise said:

I wants to buy new shiny stuffs but I also want my louboutin sneakers... 

When asked I have been very upfront about me just being in the Carnifex for the class as I have no desire to participate in any sort of 'military' style rp whatsoever. 

I feel like I'm missing a post or something here...
    Jensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher

Time to raid Delos
    KrazTrigruIshinSarkisEmelleAshmer
    Noooo don't you'll be blacklisted from buying artifacts.
    At least my bankaccount would be happy
    KrazArbreAryanneHavenAishiaTrager
  • Moirean said:

I feel like I'm missing a post or something here...

Not missing a post... someone was just asking me why I do not interact with the guild on my alt

Seems weird to be in a guild where you won't interact with any members or adhere to the theme they have... and actively do that.
    AarbrokKrazTozMoireanTeani
    To each their own, but if you don't know about apprenticeship, now you do! Carnis apprentice pretty much everyone, so it's quite easy to get the class and avoid our fairly niche RP/outlook.
    Riluo
    I rage that mob shops and house taverns don't give you the money people spend. Like...I spend hundreds of credits on this - it's so dumb I can't make a few hundred gold back...
    NolaAryanneIshinElie
  • I Rage at people deleting my bugs saying its fixed, when clearly its not fixed :@
    MoireanKraz
    edited September 2014
    Wow, and here I thought mobpossing people to quit city was an isolated incident - gods now getting involved to stop raiding lifers! Seriously. Aeolia, stop, you're being dumb as fuck.
    YarelIshinRiluo
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Not there to have seen, but weren't you raiding a temple? Of an order with maybe 3 people, that you've got your order now in war with (for whomever actually declared)? That's not the same thing as 'raiding lifers', and not really unreasonable for gods to be invested in their pockets?

Just. Ya'll are so tiring with the dead horse, and then shooting what you want in the foot. The forum crusade turning into an IG crusade has kinda ruined my want to put my character out on a limb for the sake of your enjoyment. Continue hating and raging, but I'm stepping back from at least my part in trying to get things addressed.
    We were going to use it as a raiding point till mid way through assembling Dam shut down portaling in to that area.
    MoireanIshin
  • Gods should either be able to play like players and zap/kill with some sort of counter-play, or they should be RP entities who cannot directly meddle with mortals. I personally lean towards the former option, but it has to be all-or-nothing because there is nothing you can do if you don't like a god.

He possessed you to go blow up another temple? Sucks to suck. Got forced to quit your city? Wiped out a raid? Infested your house with sharks? Shouted/did something insulting, dragged you up in front of a city and accused you of stuff? Get 'em back with something. Attack shrines to hurt their essence, just...something. Even if it's not meaningful except in an RP sense, SOMETHING. That'd do so much to get rid of the us vs them mentality that is developing with respect to gods - they are occasionally overstepping their lines and even when they DON'T, anything antagonistic they do is going to feel like griefing because you're utterly helpless. And helpless is never a good feeling.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the upset truly that a God's temple was to be used as an entry point, an area that is not considered Enorian proper so guards cannot be maneuvered into it, and the God whose temple was to be used took offense to that?

If portaling into Enorian proper, or Beryl Reef, or Jaru, was turned off, I can get it, but into the God's Temple -itself-?
    ArekaJensenAryanneIshin
    Killien said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the upset truly that a God's temple was to be used as an entry point, an area that is not considered Enorian proper so guards cannot be maneuvered into it, and the God whose temple was to be used took offense to that?

If portaling into Enorian proper, or Beryl Reef, or Jaru, was turned off, I can get it, but into the God's Temple -itself-?

You can guard the entrances heavily you just decided not to
    Moirean
  • Jensen said:

Killien said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the upset truly that a God's temple was to be used as an entry point, an area that is not considered Enorian proper so guards cannot be maneuvered into it, and the God whose temple was to be used took offense to that?

My question was more related to the upset that a God decided to do something when the God's holiest of places was being used to attack a city the God watches over. I've always seen it as if you decide to do something inside a Temple, the God whose Temple is being used can remove/limit you as the God sees fit. Consequence for being within that God's holiest of holies.
    ArekaMephistolesTeaniElie
    Areka said:

Not there to have seen, but weren't you raiding a temple? Of an order with maybe 3 people, that you've got your order now in war with (for whomever actually declared)? That's not the same thing as 'raiding lifers', and not really unreasonable for gods to be invested in their pockets?

Just. Ya'll are so tiring with the dead horse, and then shooting what you want in the foot. The forum crusade turning into an IG crusade has kinda ruined my want to put my character out on a limb for the sake of your enjoyment. Continue hating and raging, but I'm stepping back from at least my part in trying to get things addressed.

It's part of the IG response I've been pushing for a bit, your city has just pissed off enough people that they're listening to my ideas. The forum posts are largely the outlet of nocoms who are unhappy.
    AarbrokIshinRiluo
    edited September 2014
    Jensen said:

That's the thing that pissed me off. Enorian wasn't losing guards by the buckets because it was a temple. It's because they had a REALLY BAD guard layout and did a REALLY DUMB guard reset and manually moved guards REALLY NOT WISELY - and when we went to punish them for that, we had a god diving in getting involved. Enorian did dumb-ass shit, and a god directly intervened to stop us darkies from capitalizing on that. THAT. IS. UNCOOL.

Raiding is absolutely not divine domain. It's PK and mechanics and players smashing at each other to create conflict and entertain ourselves. Admin have not had ANY hand in such a thing in RL years so when they do it is just as obviously a cover job as forcing their way in to politics via force city quit. That's where the analogy comes in - it's a role the divine have NOT touched for years and years, so when they do it feels wrong as shit.

ArekaAnise
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    @Jensen - that's fair, all of this including the holywar just doesn't seem to be a particularly rational or reasonable approach to things, and it is difficult to tell (as is often the case with some things) where the line between OOC dramatics and IC actions and roleplay, especially with the history of some aspects.

Such as this: this temper tantrum about a god protecting their -temple- is irrational and out of proportion, especially to have that then lead to a holywar.

I suppose I am particularly miffed as I had -just posted- to Enorian's council to get this change pushed through (since I'm now back on a regular schedule after the death of an uncle figure and work starting), and now that's a pointless act. I'm bracing myself for the continued OOC crusade when it hasn't been handled well IC by either party.
    TragerKerrynAryanneGwenith
This discussion has been closed.