Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• On another topic, do we still have funny description thread? I saw this today.

She is an agile Kelki standing six feet tall. She is one of her race that has
    formed more human than others, as shown by her long redish brown hair that flows
    past her waist. Her face is triangular with highcheek bones, and heart shape jaw
    line. Her dark green, thin almond eyes are made quite striking against the light
    turqouis blue of her skin. Within her eyes lies a fire. A fire of curiosity,
    wit, and a touch of defiance. Her frame matches the look of her eyes, frame
    built for exploring, and never tiring of it. Slightly broad shoulders, thin well
    muscled waist. Strong arms, though still soft enough to embrace a child with
    affection. Her legs look like those of a runner. Long, thin but strong enough to
    bound across the most jagged ranges. Her grace is obvious in every move she
    makes. Her voice is also ringed with grace, soft and low. Like a summer breeze
    in a shady glade, late in the eve, as teh sun just barely rests above the
    horizon. Basking the world in a warm golden glow. She is completely naked.

Seriously, you've got a voice that basks the world in gold light? Synthesisia.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Meyvitch said:

On another topic, do we still have funny description thread? I saw this today.

She is an agile Kelki standing six feet tall. She is one of her race that has
    formed more human than others, as shown by her long redish brown hair that flows
    past her waist. Her face is triangular with highcheek bones, and heart shape jaw
    line. Her dark green, thin almond eyes are made quite striking against the light
    turqouis blue of her skin. Within her eyes lies a fire. A fire of curiosity,
    wit, and a touch of defiance. Her frame matches the look of her eyes, frame
    built for exploring, and never tiring of it. Slightly broad shoulders, thin well
    muscled waist. Strong arms, though still soft enough to embrace a child with
    affection. Her legs look like those of a runner. Long, thin but strong enough to
    bound across the most jagged ranges. Her grace is obvious in every move she
    makes. Her voice is also ringed with grace, soft and low. Like a summer breeze
    in a shady glade, late in the eve, as teh sun just barely rests above the
    horizon. Basking the world in a warm golden glow. She is completely naked.

Seriously, you've got a voice that basks the world in gold light? Synthesisia.

Here. I'd move your post for you but I don't believe I can. My split command makes the moved posts into an entirely new thread.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I'm just saying that some of the things said in a post that was flagged are not too far from the truth, which is why it annoys me. I'm not saying what the person is doing is a good thing, or that approve of it, quite the opposite, but defending yourself against something that's starting to look like a mob, should not be flagged.

MoireanCalipsoNolaIllikaal
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I like how this fight is continuing through likes even as they're both jailed :D.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Just another black man in the system. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    HadoryuDharAngwe
  • Rivas said:

I log in, see Daskalos's corpse at the entrance to Enorian, and do whatever I do when I see the body of a friend/guildmate/citymate: I check other cities to see if they have a bounty. A few thousand gold later, I've claimed a bounty from Spinesreach.

A few minutes ago, I get this:

(CityOfficial) has declared you an enemy of the City of Spinesreach.    (Didn't see this initially)

The City of Spinesreach has placed a bounty on your head for 2000 gold. Reason: Cheating our bounty system, and thus, theft from the Republic.

You tell City Official, "I understand it's best to speak with you in regards to my recent bounty, aye?"

Official tells you, "You have no business taking gold from our coffers. That is about the long and the short of it."

You tell City Official, "I wasn't an enemy of your city, and therefore am eligible to collect bounties. I've done nothing wrong, truly, it's just the way that bounties work."

Official tells you, "I dont give two flying (unicorns) in all honesty."

You tell City Official, "So let me get this straight...you're bountying people for claiming bounties, now? On what grounds?"

Official tells you, "I am bountying you for an illegitimate claiming of my cities gold. Daskalos is your city mate, I am saying he let you kill him for the bounty."

You tell City Official, "...I -found- his corpse at the entrance to my city as I entered the realm, CityOfficial. What on earth makes you think he let me kill him, or even that I -did- kill him?"

You tell City Official, "Or are you just assuming?"

Official tells you, "Making an educated guess."

You tell City Official, "You're assuming, then. So no one saw me kill him on deathsight, no one heard anything...you're just making up a story to suit your desires?"

You tell City Official, "I found his body. I turned it in. He died, and the body was turned in to your city for payment. That's how bounties work."

Official tells you, "Your complaints fall on deaf ears."

You tell City Official, "Your accusations are baseless and unfounded. You are bountying someone for false reasons, simply because you do not like them, for claiming a bounty."

I got enemied and bountied for claiming a bounty:

Enemy Status for the City of Spinesreach.
    Name:         Rivas
    Length:      
    Enemied by:   CityOfficial
    Date Enemied: 12th Lleian, 386MA
    Fine:         0
    Offense:      Abusing our bounty system, Daskalos let him kill him to retrieve the bounty.
    Last Edited:  12th Lleian, 386MA by CityOfficial

No fine for the enemy status. No term. I was told that: "CityOfficial tells you, "You have no price set on your enemy status, you will be dealt with when hostilities between our cities are ceased.""
    When asked further about when my enemy status could be lifted: "CityOfficial tells you, "When I feel it is safe to allow you entrance to my city again.""

Dick move, Spinesreach. Dick. Move.

City Official = Osmond

Osmonds response: Cry me a river, and stick a ward in it.
  • ChelseaChelsea Australia
    edited March 2013
    <P>Spinesreach has been a bit touchy feely with enemy status recently. In fact I went to the city to speak to some guy as he was insulting me and others via tells with regard to the Primus and upon arriving there he went berserk, and attacked me under the guise I was far weaker than he and deserved to be taught a lesson. As such I killed him in self defence. I got enemied which is fine as he is a citizen and I am not, he died and I survived his attacks. But it is the replies to it from the city that get me annoyed when I asked do I have a fine or a death? And the answer is, "You are a nobody so we will not be removing it". </P>
    <P>Still what gets me more mad is when same city officals decided to intervene in personal fights and abuse their Chak order privs to enemy people, because I attacked a citizen of their city. Then when confronted over it, claim a undead citizen of bloodloch is a spy for Haern!!!</P>
    <P> </P>
    AmaraXavinNolaAngwe
  • Ezalor said:
    I like how this fight is continuing through likes even as they're both jailed :D.
    I'll  learn a trick or two in prison  then come after ya
    :ar!
  • Snrk. Because Haern's order -needed- spies to win that war, amirite?

IllikaalAngwe
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Konnorn said:
    I'm just saying that some of the things said in a post that was flagged are not too far from the truth, which is why it annoys me. I'm not saying what the person is doing is a good thing, or that approve of it, quite the opposite, but defending yourself against something that's starting to look like a mob, should not be flagged.
    I don't think most of us are taking sides here. We are simply agreeing that -- pardon my frankness -- Nobody Cares. Seriously, can we please move on?
    IllikaalPerilunaCalipsoHaydynAngwe
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Ezalor said:
    what is this jailed thing you are talking about???
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Moirean
  • edited March 2013
    <P>-->You cannot return to your haven from inside of another organization's building.<---</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>What!!!!!!... I can not go into my haven from within my own Houses manson!!!!!</P>
    <P> </P>:-?  <SPAN class=hps>c'est des conneries!</SPAN>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Being in a lose-lose situation.  Feeling OOCly guilty about it.  >.<
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    The depressing feeling that nobody wants to RP with you unless you take the initiative and end up just sitting around because you feel guilty about doing it or feel like people avoid you because you pester them too much or feel like you're not interesting enough to RP with.
    PerilunaNolaEmelleMoireanKiyotanTeaniAldricEsper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I get that feeling a lot, Phoe. It's why I'm level 122. I don't feel self-conscious bashing mobs (if they complain I SMASH THEM IN THE FACE).
    Milvushina
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You guys make me sadface. :( Someone should start up a support group for Introverted Aetolians!
    Phoenecia said:
    The depressing feeling that nobody wants to RP with you unless you take the initiative
    This really gets me.  You're not the only person, you're just the unlucky one in my path.  Everyone wants to RP, but they expect it to just fall in their lap.  No one is going to come to you - once you accept that you're the one gonna have to make the first move, then it's a lot easier.  You idle by yourself in the corner, people are going to assume you don't wanna RP.  If you do, put yourself out there.  We play this game to RP and to do it with other people.  Most of us are here for the same reason, so don't feel like you're imposing on someone - likely they feel like they're doing the same to you.

Sorry, trainwrecked.
    AngweLin
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Except for those times when you try and people either only stick around for a few moments, or flat out ignore you. Then feel free to be upset.
    Serrice
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I will stalk you, break into your domicile, interrupt your mudsex and jump you for RP (ask Calipso how she met Angwe). Dun be skeer'd.
    You're not worthless or imposing then - they're just twits.

On second thought, blame everyone else for any real or perceived inadequacies.  Works out well for me.

(seriously though, I know it's hard to ignore the feeling of imposing, but people actually -do- want to RP with you (except the twits))
    edited March 2013
    Alistaire said:
    Except for those times when you try and people either only stick around for a few moments, or flat out ignore you. Then feel free to be upset.
    Those people are either just unfortunately busy or not worth RPing with. The solution is to find another person, not to go back to sulking.
    Arbre said:
    You're not worthless or imposing then - they're just twits.

On second thought, blame everyone else for any real or perceived inadequacies.  Works out well for me.

(seriously though, I know it's hard to ignore the feeling of imposing, but people actually -do- want to RP with you (except the twits))
    The feeling of imposition was the biggest hurdle I had to leap back when I first started roleplaying. It's silly, but I know all too well what it can feel like to believe your wanting to RP might be inconveniencing or obligating the other person/people somehow. The best advice I can give is to just ignore that feeling. Pre-type your entrance emote beforehand, move into the room and send it right away if it helps.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited March 2013
    The thing is, I get paranoid about reciprocity in regards to RP. It's all well and good if you initiate RP with other people and they initiate RP back at you on other occasions. The problem comes when it feels like you're ALWAYS the one initiating, but hardly anyone ever initiates back on you, and then it starts feeling like you're getting naggy or attention-whorish, and you start feeling guilty.

Edit: The best way I can put it is that it's sort of like feedback. You're making the effort to interact with people and putting stuff out there, but then nothing ever comes of it. No one ever gets back to you. No one pesters you. And then you start asking yourself things like 'Am I doing something wrong?' 'Am I not interesting?' 'Do they even enjoy RPing with me?' 'Am I bugging them too much?'
    SerriceMoireanNolaPeriluna
    Phoenecia said:
    The thing is, I get paranoid about reciprocity in regards to RP. It's all well and good if you initiate RP with other people and they initiate RP back at you on other occasions. The problem comes when it feels like you're ALWAYS the one initiating, but hardly anyone ever initiates back on you, and then it starts feeling like you're getting naggy or attention-whorish.
    Bring it up with them OOC if you need to. Don't go on the offensive, stating "hey, I always have to start RP and you never do", just say "it would be a pleasant surprise if your character could sneak up on Phoenecia/come see her/etc".
    Phoenecia said:
    Edit: The best way I can put it is that it's sort of like feedback. You're making the effort to interact with people and putting stuff out there, but then nothing ever comes of it.
    My mother likes to say the phone rings both ways.  It's unfortunate.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Lin said:
    You guys make me sadface. :( Someone should start up a support group for Introverted Aetolians!
    In my case, I've just been very skittish about approaching random people for RP ever since someone yelled at me for ambushing people with RP.
  • I just don't initiate at all anymore. You wanna RP with me, thats well and good, I'm up for that. But I got to the point where I just don't want to keep trying to initiate it all the time, and so I stopped. 
  • I just think it's hard to initiate rp with random people cause I've read too many awesome rp logs and I'm scared of being too boring compared to those. <.<

LiancaMastemaEsperMeskhenet
  • @Phoenecia: I think if one person is always initiating the roleplay, it falls into a pattern where that person is always expected to. If your roleplay buddies don't initiate back at you, it may just be that they're wondering because you always used to and then you stopped, and maybe they think that you lost interest with them.  It seems to me that the best patterns happen when two people are almost always accessible to each other; they frequent the same areas and have multiple reasons to interact; they're active in the same organization; they're combat rivals; whatever. This leads to a back-and-forth instead of a pattern where one person is always seeking out the other and the other comes to expect it to be that way.

I could be wrong here since that's just my experience.
  • Be really important. All the RP comes to you then.

Alternatively, stop caring about who initiated. If you want to RP with someone, go RP with them. You're not twisting their arm and they can extricate themselves from the situation easily enough if they want to. But if they do, take the hint and don't go looking for them again.

On the whole, I think it's pretty easy to tell who enjoys RPing with you and who doesn't. The people who like RPing with you will collaborate in scenes and plotlines. The people who don't will throw wrenches into your plots and essentially make it more difficult to have a reason to interact again.

If someone is obviously enjoying RP with you, don't bother trying to figure out why they aren't initiating.

PhoeneciaEmelle
This discussion has been closed.