Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Re: Crafting. Specifically re: Be less nitpicky-- basic grammar corrections are not nitpicking. re: can't you just fix it--yes, small spelling or obvious typos/mistakes where there's an extra space or a period in the middle of your dropped or no period on the end of the dropped etc you can just fix. People do not often do this because there are a TON of crafters who, for assorted reasons, would rather fix their own stuff because no one else knows exactly what they mean, necessarily. Also because I know it's happened to me before that someone was like OH THERE SHOULD BE A COMMA HERE, or OH THIS SHOULD BE HYPHENATED, when such was either not mandatory, or blatantly incorrect.

Generally speaking, it's fairly easy to just fix it and chunk it back into the queue. Alternatively, easy enough to just comment on your own design that it isn't wrong (if this is the case) and chunk it back in anyway. The key is a balance between being reasonably flexible and picking your battles.

In other news: My Rage at present is that the current leadership of Bloodloch is ridiculous, and being annoyingly opaque and obnoxious about contestation rights in a fashion that's just really irritating--at the same time blatantly lying on the subject to the council in general. Rage that posting to point out the inconsistencies and general BS of their post would work at a cross-point to the actual goal.

imageimage
    Calipso
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    To be fair, people can MECHANICALLY contest, regardless of what laws players have written. I think, sometimes, players get overzealous with laws and forget that there are limits, both OOC and IC, to what you can get away with - for example, people could just always campaign to remove the contestation laws. I'm surprised it's still in place, since it's obviously in the interest of the current government to deny contestations. :P

Regarding laws, I'm also a little wary of the new law that I've heard lets you guys kill afk people - I've at least two people who were actively there and just typing out emotes or browsing a shop's wares report to me that they were attacked for being mindless. Maybe try to be extra careful with that new rule (though I kinda like it, especially on the IC level!).
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @moirean that rule has been there for RL YEARS!  I would even say about 8 years or so.  Also the Overlords have, per the laws, all rights to kill anyone within the City limits they so choose.  Is there abuse of this, HELL YEAH!!, will this abuse change?  Nope  Sad but true.

@erzsebet the laws are crap and have been that way just so those in power never lose it.  Its also been that way for YEARS!  still wrong.  And @moirean in the event that someone does contest and against the laws the leadership posts a message on the boards saying DO NOT VOTE as this is in violation of the laws and for this reason people fall in line like cattle.  

....but it will change
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I think you're RPing on the forums buddy.
    ZunArbre
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2013
    <P>As  a security aid in loch we are told to simply remind people in person to move on if they are AFK. Then send a tell if they are still there in 5-10 mins, and after that they need to be "removed". Is it evil. Yes. But very IC and part of the city. </P>
    <P>Do I like the idea, no. Nevertheless its part of the city setup and so it is done. I know I have had a good run so far as most people reply and I move on<EM> and I have not had to kill anyone thankfully.</EM></P>
    <P>Edited to clarify: </P>

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• edited March 2013
    As someone who just got killed for being AFK in Bloodloch, I think it's pretty stupid. I'm pretty certain if it was someones friend idling for a while (I was eating at the time and hoping Fenrir's Sire would log on) it would be overlooked.

But hey, whatever. I'll just never bother to roleplay with Ellenia or Sabot.
    RiluoHadoryu
  • Corruption? In MY Bloodloch?
    RiluoAarbrok
  • It's not WHAT you know, but WHO you blow. 
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Fenrir said:
    As someone who just got killed for being AFK in Bloodloch, I think it's pretty stupid. I'm pretty certain if it was someones friend idling for a while (I was eating at the time and hoping Fenrir's Sire would log on) it would be overlooked.

Incompetent scrubs that think they can PK have to troll around for the bits that they can get. 

Alternatively, you could wait for them to log on, pretend to be AFK, and PK the shit out of them. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."

• Illidan said:
    Fenrir said:

Incompetent scrubs that think they can PK have to troll around for the bits that they can get. 

Alternatively, you could wait for them to log on, pretend to be AFK, and PK the shit out of them. 
    If I wanted to get enemied to Bloodloch, yeah. She's an Overlord abusing a retarded rule. I don't want to not have access to my House's Estate.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited March 2013
    You know there's a place where we don't rip on people for being AFK (unless it's a guildhall)?

It's called Duiran.
    HadoryuIllikaalKiyotan
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    edited March 2013
    Seir said:
    You know there's a place where we don't rip on people for being AFK (unless it's a guildhall)?

It's called Duiran, Enorian or Spinesreach.
    Ftfy
    Rivas
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2013
    Riluo said:

As  a security aid in loch we are told to simply remind people in person to move on if they are AFK. Then send a tell if they are still there in 5-10 mins, and after that they need to be "removed". Is it evil. Yes. But very IC and part of the city.

Do I like the idea, no. Nevertheless its part of the city setup and so it is done. I know I have had a good run so far as most people reply and I move on and I have not had to kill anyone thankfully.

Edited to clarify:

There actually is mechanical thought behind it. For example, just ask @Daskalos about the time they got 8-9 lifers inside of Shixblix's house (where guards don't go). They could have used it as a base point to slaughter a crapload of Bloodloch's guards (bypassing the heavily guarded areas) had the door not been sealed literally just in time. 

And now Jensen is phasing and following afk citizens to city portals/other unsecured places to collect bounties. Being afk in the city does have its risks.

That said I do think it's getting to overzealous levels. Revamping is still being done to the guards layout which should be finished soon™. After that's over with things should hopefully die down, besides being afk in private/org estates. 
  • Fun fact: anti-afk in the city (where there are guards) is pushing people to go to city portals (where there are none), thus making city portals a one-room afkfest. Waiting on a syssin/mage locket duo to holobomb, personally. I just afk in spinesreach and avoid BL as much as possible.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Yep, the idea behind that being that enemies can't prism to the city portals. Of course there are still ways for enemies to get there (like Jensen has shown) but it's much harder and, even if they do get there, they aren't able to use it as a spot to set up base to kill guards and raid.
  • oh lord, the holobomb potential. I should get in on that >_>

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I hate that you can't emote at Outside the cave. It should be changed now that people have different places to move to after the death sequence.

Arbre
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Riluo said:

As  a security aid in loch we are told to simply remind people in person to move on if they are AFK. Then send a tell if they are still there in 5-10 mins, and after that they need to be "removed". Is it evil. Yes. But very IC and part of the city.

Do I like the idea, no. Nevertheless its part of the city setup and so it is done. I know I have had a good run so far as most people reply and I move on and I have not had to kill anyone thankfully.

Edited to clarify:

There actually is mechanical thought behind it. For example, just ask @Daskalos about the time they got 8-9 lifers inside of Shixblix's house (where guards don't go). They could have used it as a base point to slaughter a crapload of Bloodloch's guards (bypassing the heavily guarded areas) had the door not been sealed literally just in time. 

And now Jensen is phasing and following afk citizens to city portals/other unsecured places to collect bounties. Being afk in the city does have its risks.

That said I do think it's getting to overzealous levels. Revamping is still being done to the guards layout which should be finished soon™. After that's over with things should hopefully die down, besides being afk in private/org estates. 

Actually you can station guards inside private property, and they do respond in there as well when you call for help. It's not an abuse of mechanics, it's just 'oh, you guys didn't put guards in the area'. Enorian has a couple of publicly accessible places that are player owned that have guards in them no problem. The only thing that didn't work, and has since been fixed I believe, is that new guards wouldn't FOLLOW you into a private house, but you could order them in and order them to guard. I suicide rushed Lochians raid parties multiple times to call for help in private houses in Enorian.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Daskalos said:
    Riluo said:

Edited to clarify:

Actually you can station guards inside private property, and they do respond in there as well when you call for help. It's not an abuse of mechanics, it's just 'oh, you guys didn't put guards in the area'. Enorian has a couple of publicly accessible places that are player owned that have guards in them no problem. The only thing that didn't work, and has since been fixed I believe, is that new guards wouldn't FOLLOW you into a private house, but you could order them in and order them to guard. I suicide rushed Lochians raid parties multiple times to call for help in private houses in Enorian.
    Never claimed it was an abuse of mechanics, it was smart raiding on your part due to a security oversight. We got real lucky someone was around who could shut that door.

And hm, I remember when you were in that house that guards wouldn't respond to my calls for help. I had to pull Haedyn down instead.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I lol'd so hard that my tactics worked 3 times in a row.  You guys make it damn impossible to claim bounties otherwise because Duiran is the easiest target to hit RP wise and hiding in the portals room afterward seems to be the most common thing.  If you idled at west gate I'd have a harder time doing what I do.
    Mastema
  • I never will understand this whole 'MAN IT REALLY SUCKS THAT I CANT BE AFK AND NOT DIE'. It's a part of the game. If you aren't actively playing the game, then log off. There has to be danger and repercussions for there to be conflict and intrigue in this game. I mean seriously, have we really come to this? People complaining about not being able to idle safely? Ugh. So dumb.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    IllikaalKiyotanMeskhenet
  • Malok said:
    I never will understand this whole 'MAN IT REALLY SUCKS THAT I CANT BE AFK AND NOT DIE'. It's a part of the game. If you aren't actively playing the game, then log off. There has to be danger and repercussions for there to be conflict and intrigue in this game. I mean seriously, have we really come to this? People complaining about not being able to idle safely? Ugh. So dumb.
    There's a difference between being killed because you're idle and being jumped while you're idle.

Being killed by an allied organization is what irked me. If Daskalos had come in (if he had some reason to want me dead) and smushed me I wouldn't have minded at all.
    ErzsebetHadoryuMilvushinaCiarelle
  • Fenrir said:
    Malok said:
    I never will understand this whole 'MAN IT REALLY SUCKS THAT I CANT BE AFK AND NOT DIE'. It's a part of the game. If you aren't actively playing the game, then log off. There has to be danger and repercussions for there to be conflict and intrigue in this game. I mean seriously, have we really come to this? People complaining about not being able to idle safely? Ugh. So dumb.
    There's a difference between being killed because you're idle and being jumped while you're idle.

Being killed by an allied organization is what irked me. If Daskalos had come in (if he had some reason to want me dead) and smushed me I wouldn't have minded at all.
    Use it as motivation to try and change what is allowing it to happen in the first place. The Bloodloch laws, the people 'enforcing' them. Its the political arena in Aetolia. Don't you want to be #1 in rankings for it?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited March 2013
    Caught up on Homestuck and re-read it from the beginning after a year of not reading it at all. It took like two weeks, but it appears major plot shi* had occurred. Now, I'll probably be sure to keep track of it now. But damn it, now I'll be addicted again. >:[
  • edited March 2013
    The concept of 'balanced' and 'open debate' in Aetolia. Would have a better chance at convincing the pope to retire (pun, yes.)
  • omg this latest announce i quit forever
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited April 2013
    [spoiler]April Fools, Ezrax.[/spoiler]

yeah that announce sure sucks
  • SHUT UP @PIPER

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Lin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Well. Initially, I thought that the 15 credits were the joke. Like, they were just gonna take 'em back and go NOPE!
    imageimage
    Esper
  • Don't give them ideas, Erz!
This discussion has been closed.