Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• This isn't the bloody audit thread, people.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
  • edited March 2013
    Stupidity and hypocrisy.
  • I hate this whole Bahir'an-Carnifex thing that exists. They have clashing laws, even though you can mechanically be in both. It seems really dumb to fuss over something like prefixes and suffixes.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Malok said:
    I hate this whole Bahir'an-Carnifex thing that exists. They have clashing laws, even though you can mechanically be in both. It seems really dumb to fuss over something like prefixes and suffixes.
    Hahaha, when I was Atabahi GM and we first started letting vampires in, we forbid them to wear Peerage entirely. D'baen's leader argued and fussed at me over it and then eventually gave it. Good times.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    What really? Thrasius?

Peerage has been mandatory in D'baen since forever. We had someone leave the House (and quit the game shortly after) because of the Carnifex law.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thrasius finally quit being leader about that time. It was Alyssn who finally bent because she srsly wanted to join the Rout. It was a topic of much amusement for most of the Atabot higher ups. Picking on the vampires was a fun game.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Oh. Yeah, it didn't sound like something Thrasius would do. He was kind of THE epitome of elitist Consanguine RP. His legacy is pretty much why D'baen survived the last 3 or so batshit insane Praetors and rose up again.
  • I don't even know where to begin, I rage how retarded Spinesreach is.  I really hoped that city was going to be something cool, but it turned out to be just another flop.  Very disappointed in the choices the leadership has made and continues to make.
    Fenrir
  • Crafting. I have no intention of ever, ever, ever crafting ever again. Mostly because if I have to argue with someone about whether you hyphenate after a noun again, I'm going to start breaking things until there is nothing beautiful left in the world.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aarbrok
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Toz said:
    Crafting. I have no intention of ever, ever, ever crafting ever again. Mostly because if I have to argue with someone about whether you hyphenate after a noun again, I'm going to start breaking things until there is nothing beautiful left in the world.
    Crafting isn't bad for the most part if you know the rules, know their bounds, know what's acceptable to get away with, and don't try to push stupid things through the queue or adamantly insist on things that are minor at best.

Rage-inducing stuff happens in crafting, but not as much as it used to. Crafting isn't as much of a headache if you're actually really good at writing.
  • 1) I didn't write the stuff being submitted
    2) Crafting is bad, apparently, if you don't have a firm grasp of every grammatical rule ever, because I got denied for things such as comma use and lack of hyphen- some of the stuff I understood. Big things, sure. "'box-shaped' not box shaped" as a rejection reason? There aren't words to describe just how frustrated/annoyed I am, still, something like 2 RL hours later.
    Like I said, never again.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

AarbrokAmara
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Crafting's been pretty problem-free lately. Just because you didn't write something doesn't mean you're exempt from the design needing to be correct though, or for needing to know the crafting rules.

I don't think a hyphen's worth getting knickers in such a twist over, though, on either side. You learn, they learn, everyone's fallible.

I hate that mudbot's started crashing when I try to read order log. :x What did I doooooo?!

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I don't craft anymore, but I feel like I saw a post recently saying that approvers should fix small punctuation errors instead of rejecting for them?
    Piper
  • I submitted one design I made when I got Forging last week. It got rejected. I lost interest in submitting designs. I'll let people 'good' at it do that.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited March 2013
    I have Woodcraft, Tailoring and Jewelcraft.

When I realized the criticism went from constructive, to this is how you have to have it because I say its the only way it is, I gave up on it.  Ill just use designs I am permitted to by those who are able crafters, because the way the Crafting guild makes someone feel is inferior.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

The Hyphens in particular are one of the most asinine rejection reasons I have ever seen
    MalokAmara
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE

So did you intentionally not put a full stop on your sentence there?

Crafting is finicky, but most of the time rejections are to ensure utmost quality in the writing that becomes part of the game. Sometimes there's big derpy rage storms, but for the most part if you just learn to frown at the rejections and then fix your stuff and put it back in you won't have problems. It's easy to feel you're being victimised because someone REJECTED the writing YOU spent twenty minutes on or whatever, but they are trying to make the writing as good as possible.

EmelleArekaPhoeneciaHaydyn
  • TozToz
    edited March 2013
    I don't feel like someone went out of their way to piss me off specifically. I just feel like I spent far too long editing what a grand total of like 3 people will read, ever, to deal with hyphen issues. Grammar isn't the end of the world, even in a text game - so long as it isn't obscuring the point that is trying to be conveyed, it's not such a big deal in my opinion. Emotes don't have to be approved, descriptions don't have to be approved (neither player nor room), and all of those see far more use than a warhammer description will - admittedly, it's harder to police those, but descriptions/room descriptions tend to be fine even if they aren't grammatically perfect. Unless I've missed Aetolia exploding because I misspelled 'wiry' in my description a few months back?

EDIT: To further clarify, it's not worth the bother. I spent like 2 hours going back and forth with stuff on there, between what I edited myself and what had to be edited due to rejections, and even now (a few more hours later) they're still not approved. So I'm just not going to bother any more - it isn't worth the trouble, generic stuff works just fine for me.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

MalokRiluo
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I have a few OOC sources I ask for reference when I do put stuff through, Erzsebet and Lexen in particular have been super helpful on a few designs I have put through, I just dont put anything through anymore without having a good proofread, I definitely know my flaws in proper grammar and punctuation.

I was just disheartened a while back from putting through alot of designs, I will admit crafters has gotten better than it was a few RL months ago.  I think for new crafters the best reference is going to be asking a seasoned crafter and accepting a bit of help if you do not do it alot, I did not mean for that to come off bitchy :(
    Haydyn
  • edited March 2013
    Emelle said:
    I don't craft anymore, but I feel like I saw a post recently saying that approvers should fix small punctuation errors instead of rejecting for them?

I'm not sure which one you're referring to, but I've always tried to fix small things like that if I'm able. Sometimes if I've got eleventy billion other things going on, I'm gonna bump it back out to the crafter or try to grab from the clan. (But I *do* try to snag all errors in that first rejection because people that just reject at the first error kinda make me rage a little.)

That being said, I'd like to stress one tiny thing that rages at me so hard. I'm not *required* to call out over the clan. If it's close to being approved, I call out so people won't approve it before it's fixed. If there aren't any approvals on it yet, I may not call it out. But either in my rejections or my communications with other crafters over their design, I operate by the "treat them like you'd wanna be treated" code. I sometimes DON'T agree with the rule that says I need to ask you to fix something, but it is a rule for a reason. So please don't be a bitch to me about it. 

imageimage
    Erzsebet
  • Design #8912, assless leather trousers, has been approved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

IllikaalEzalorRiluoSeir
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Rivas will be the first person to wear them. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ArbreXavinSeirAmara
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It should be noted that Becue can see exactly who approves what.

Food for thought.

RiluoXavinAarbrokSeir
  • I distinctly remember some red leather ones, in fact. Just saying.
    imageimage
    I don't know what happened, but when the old forums got depreciated they also became infinitely harder to search. Hate looking for things over there. D:
    HaydynArbre
    edited March 2013
    Ironically, immediately after posting the above I found something I was looking for earlier entirely on accident, re: assless pants (5/14/2012)
    Dust stirs as Aishia enters from the north, a wyvern reflected in her eyes.
    Aishia gives assless leather trousers to Gepideth.
    Aishia leaves to the north, a wyvern reflected in her eyes.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited March 2013
    Rivas said:

Design #8912, assless leather trousers, has been approved.

I first made that design like....5 years ago for Hadoryu. Just remaking some of my more...memorable...patterns that decayed while I was gone. You're late to the cringing.

Re Toz's designs, I looked them over and there was no glaring reason for them to be repeatedly rejected. Didn't Becue make a post a while back about how we should be less nitpicky?
  • Ayus, or more to the matter of toning down the hate fest that a lot of crafting has become over the last however long. I haven't had as much of a problem as before getting things approved myself, but I still run into that hyphen argument on occasion. /peer

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Half our long fights in retardation. I've never seen a bigger waste of time. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Rivas
This discussion has been closed.