Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Riluo said:
    Mine took 3 days to get viewed and I had to resubmit it a bit to get it perfect. All up four days total.
    Three weeks I think for my ring to get a massive no. Admittedly it was terrible and I was attempting a bunch of stuff I know is kind of against the rules... Anyway, that took three weeks, then it got re - submitted and it took about another two to three weeks to need to make some minor changes to a drastically different design and then another week or two to get approved. So all up a couple of months.

My shield was about two weeks or so, then another week after I made some slight changes. 

I've got a rune of transformation submitted now and I am hoping for three to four days.... my experience with the design queues for artifacts has been less than stellar hence the Ankyrean Rage. I get they're busy though, it's irritating when you're impatient to play with your new toys but I'm not about to email some massive hatemail any time soon. 
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    I suspect that there's a reluctance to reject descriptions at fault for some of the long delays in artifact customization; nobody wants to be That Guy, but at the same time nobody wants to approve something with flaws.
    Rowena
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I think too certain things take more detail and a bit longer, in my instance its a Pet I am having converted to fit better with Lore, since I originally created a creature with the RP behind it and realized it really did not fit in the world at all, I had it transitioned to an existing creature, Thing is, right now it has my old creatures emotes and room echoes, so its kind of a hot mess, plus it states in its dropped description that its in caverns....

I know its flavor stuff so I am patient, I have plenty of other little pets and mounts I can play with, I just wish perhaps when it is updated I could discuss to make sure, rather than the long emailing back and forth...
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Maghak said:
    I suspect that there's a reluctance to reject descriptions at fault for some of the long delays in artifact customization; nobody wants to be That Guy, but at the same time nobody wants to approve something with flaws.
    Understandable. But at the end of the day, someone's got to do it.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Maghak said:
    That's understandable. I wouldn't intentionally want a flawed description on one of my artifacts. The quicker something is rejected though the quicker it can be improved and resubmitted. 
    Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    To those feeling pressure with IG stuff: Have faith in your fellow players. We may disagree ICly, but if we persevere and (though I shudder to say it) set aside our character's differences, we can reach solutions that work for everyone.
    Katszia
  • I Rage at my annoying BUG.. IT always crops up at the times you need it to work but works fine at the times you dont need it!!

I Would splat it but seems that wouldn't fix it anyway!

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Not happy. Just not.

Things like this remind me why I tried to quit in the first place.

After an already bad, stressful day, just things to make it worse.
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    There are currently two or three closed shops in Delos and the Refugee camps and one without owner, despite being open. Could we please please please have some shop auctions? People just won't sell theirs and hopefully Rashar won't steal the next one! (<3 Rashar, I ain't mad at you.)
  • Sessizlik said:
    There are currently two or three closed shops in Delos and the Refugee camps and one without owner, despite being open. Could we please please please have some shop auctions? People just won't sell theirs and hopefully Rashar won't steal the next one! (<3 Rashar, I ain't mad at you.)
    Could we also maybe eliminate the refugee camp as an area and port those shops, or at least -some- of them, over to delos or some other high-traffic area?

ArbrePhoeneciaCiarelleRowenaSessizlikAarbrokAlexinaKatszia
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Xavin said:
    Sessizlik said:
    Could we also maybe eliminate the refugee camp as an area and port those shops, or at least -some- of them, over to delos or some other high-traffic area?
    This. So much. The Refugee Camp, while neutral, is kind of a backwater place to have a shop since nobody goes there, and getting a shop there usually means zero exposure and very little profit, if any. I'd really like it if Delos got expanded since it seems ideal for a merchant city.
    Sessizlik
  • edited January 2014
    Having quit the game for three years until recently I didn't even know there WERE shops in the refugee camp. 

I remember Delos being a lot more prosperous than it is now. It has always been the neutral trading hub between light and dark and it would be nice if it could return to that.
    Sessizlik

I hate bashing. I mean really hate it. But I decided to give a push for Tekal, sipped a chalice, chewed down a grimstim and got do it!

4 hours later, I haven't even bashed down a full level. Time for a break before I hurt my computer.

Cannan
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I rage that I know next to nothing about the legit state of combat these days in Aetolia, since that's kinda what I came back to get into a little. Loves me some pvp, especially 1v1. I feel like...a combat noob again :( I might as well go play Imperian or even worse, Lusternia.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Step 1: Acquire someone else's offense
    Step 2: press the 'engage' button
    Step 3: go get a drink, your work here is done

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Elyni
    Step 1: Write my own offense.

Step 2: Start the fite.

Step 3: Go get some toilet paper so I can clean my target up when my AI is done.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    EzalorPiper
  • @Ishin please post combat logs of you fighting as a syssin.
    @Lothalimond

Okay sure, let me log into my old laptop and I'll save some to a zip drive if I have them. I should, I used to log just about everything. I wish like hell I had logged that fight with Yos back in the day.

/nostalgia
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • @ishin -

Post them here! I was specifically refering to the logs that will be generated as you work on a new syssin offense - if you're still planning on rolling around the syssin combat scene - but some of your older logs would still be appreciated, provided they're from the post-illusion era. I am trying to get a grasp on the flow of syssin combat and how one works hypnosis into the whole thing, which at the moment feels very stilted to me whenever I try.

That's my rage - straight up venom combat a la  the old speed knights makes sense to me, but hypnosis is throwing me a massive curve ball and I feel like I'm making no headway in understanding my class as a combat entity. Also, no one has posted syssin combat logs. WHY NOT. Please people, post logs of you as syssin, or of you fighting syssin - for science!

Given my lack of offensive flow, trying to generate logs of my own through spars and duels is pointless, because people just decimate me before I get a handle on their real route or intentions.
    @Lothalimond

Oh, sure. I thought you were calling me out, like trying to call me a scrub in some subtle way. Sure I will, if I ever get around to it.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:
    @Lothalimond

Oh, sure. I thought you were calling me out, like trying to call me a scrub in some subtle way. Sure I will, if I ever get around to it.
    Dear me, no.

I know you were one of the more notable syssin combatants and I'd hoped by namedropping to finally get some logs 
    :D
  • Sessizlik said:

I hate bashing. I mean really hate it. But I decided to give a push for Tekal, sipped a chalice, chewed down a grimstim and got do it!

4 hours later, I haven't even bashed down a full level. Time for a break before I hurt my computer.

I picked up Tekal when I was unemployed for a couple of months (I had my next job lined up, but I had to wait for it).

I bashed Ollin, Ayhesa, Drakuum, Farsai and the Eastern Itzatl at nighttime while:

- Playing through Mass effect a couple of times
    - Ridiculous amounts of Guitar hero (hey, it was about the time that was popular)
    - Also several other games
    - Watching every episode of MASH ever (not in a row, but most days I watched a few episodes)
    - Literally dozens of movies
    - And a few other seasons of other TV shows

No chalices or anything.

I don't recommend that. Though I am told xp is easier to get these days

Xavin
  • edited January 2014
    That's the thing. As much as people complain about bashing now, just a few years ago it was way, way worse. Even in 2009 it was relatively easy compared to what it was back then. Aarbothia's mansion had been introduced and the great hunts were starting out if I remember correctly.

When I was pushing for it, I would go through mamashi tunnels, ollin, drakuum, ayhesa and fen. The trouble now, I think, is that there are so many people at endgame already who continue to bash a ton or there is easy enough access to chalices and other implements that give boosted xp that people tend to pop them and go on lengthy sprees of bashing.

DaskalosRivas
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Consider when I bashed to Tekal the best place we had was Fengard's Keep and the Caverns of Mor. Just sayin'

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I kinda remember when Arbothia and Spellshapers were the ENDGAME thing.
    Arbre
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Put your canes away fellas you might poke someone's eye out.
    HavenJensenCiarellePerilunaEmelleSlypheNeithanKatsziaRivas
  • Pfft. I bashed to tekal as a PALADIN...using DSL up until like 95 when Flurryslash came out (still sucked) doing Mor/Fengard etc...Luminary could at least deal out more damage. Paladin endgame was the devil.
    Wasn't it Brunneng who bashed to tekal bashing only goblins? <.< Yeah, I do admire you people who managed to do all that, but with no system, only firstaid, no autobashing or autotargetting, and above all, the attention span of a kitten on crack, it's slow work!
  • No autobasher? You're MAD woman!

Pickup one of the freebie curing systems (I think most have a semblance of an auto-basher)
    Depending on your client, of course. If you happen to be a rogue and use cMud, lemme know. I hook you up.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    I always assumed autobashing was against the rules ._.

(True meaning of autobashing, meaning auto target / movement+navigating an area / escape / attacking all combined into one)

Or do you people have a different meaning of the word here? :/

That said, though. Bashing to Tekal as an agile indorani pre statpack changes, without any trans'd miniskills or avoidance... Boy Tiyen was fun. :D
This discussion has been closed.