Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited January 2014
    The general rule for autobashing is, so far as I understand it, it's ok to automate as much as you want, so long as you're manually moving between rooms, and are not afk AT ALL, during it.
  • What Aishia said. Most people have an 'autobasher' in the sense that you hit a button, and it keeps killing until everything's dead. Then you move on manually.
  • edited January 2014
    Roux said:
    What Aishia said. Most people have an 'autobasher' in the sense that you hit a button, and it keeps killing until everything's dead. Then you move on manually.
    Some people have bashers that walk set paths. Those are illegal in Achaea but correct me if I'm wrong they're not in Aetolia? 

I don't use an auto - hunter or an auto anything like that. I just bash with frenzy @tar | queue bal frenzy @tar

I can't see myself switching from that because it would make it even more boring, it would be like playing a poker machine where you didn't need to push the button it just told you how much money you won / lost. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah it actually does say in help automation moving is ok. I didn't know!
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Am I the only one who manually does:
    >tar nazetu
    >press f1 until it dies
    >let queue pickup corpse / gold
    >tar shade
    >f1 untl it dies
    ... etc ...

:(
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Newbies do that!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well ok newbies don't have macros... So you've got that.
  • I used to do that for -ages-. Then someone convinced me to try an autobasher and I haven't looked back. I didn't even use macros though :P
    Aryanne
  • Not knowing that the little half-system I got from Dask had a bash kill looper is probably why I stopped at 80 for so long. I was like nah. I can't feel my fingers.

Although I have to say that thing, and even the one I have on tripwire now, has got me killed more than anything else in this game.. no way I'm hunting significantly without it ever again.
    Ciarelle
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    ...I bashed two characters to endgame using completely manual targeting, hitting, etc. The first one started out before the death changes that capped the amount of exp lost, and would routinely lose half a level or more. Somewhere around level 90 on the first one was when I discovered triggers on the website client. Before that it was all manually curing afflictions too.
  • I remember life before a system, when bashing to lvl 70 was an agonizing and distant goal filled with copy/paste and quick typing for sips and avoiding mobs that give afflictions.
    JensenAryanneArbre
    I remember the soul-crushing agony of watching the first few people hit tekal and then learning that the halfway point really wasn't level 50.
    IshinAryanneArbre
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Roux said:
    I remember life before a system, when bashing to lvl 70 was an agonizing and distant goal filled with copy/paste and quick typing for sips and avoiding mobs that give afflictions.
    Horrible. Just horrible. If I ever did that I'd never would have made it past level 30... Just look how long it took me to get 100 with a system! >_> And I'm still losing XP on the regular.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • According to HELP AUTOMATION, you can literally automate everything, provided you are actually AT your computer and still watching it.
  • This is correct. You are allowed to automate anything, so long as you are 100% at the keyboard, aware, and responsive in the process.

We can, and have, and will continue to, punish people who try and automate while AFK. Don't do it! It's not worth it!
  • @rowena @elyni

I haven't used it for a while, because once you're bashing the high-risk-high-reward mobs like aberrations, eld etc, it's just going to get me killed. I manual those, and toggle on the auto-attack when I'm confident it won't kill me.

My autobasher was just an autotargeter from info here, which attacked on a loop and repeated the info here if something died or a target was lost. I had a list of mobs that I marked bashable or aggressive, so that it would target aggressive mobs first. It was fine for places like Ayhesa, Ollin, Drakuum etc. Fengard it was partly okay, but I had to watch it and make sure I ran if there were too many agressives around.

I used to watch tv or play xbox while it bashed for me. I'd have to move it to the next room, and keep an eye on the screen to make sure I wasn't dying or being talked to by the admin. Which did happen at least once that I remember. I never found out if they were just randomly checking that I wasn't afk-bashing, or if the celani just knew me from before he/she was celani, and wanted to say hi.

Either way - if you do it, don't risk being afk.

• edited January 2014
    I have info here based targeting - that I keep meaning to switch to gmcp based. I'll get to it? - and a 'bash map' that I pop with a macro for my favorite areas.

I still initiate the initial attack, and I do the moving along the map. This allows me to chase if I want, as long as I don't lose track of where I am in my 'bashmap' path.

Edit - I played achaea for years, and used manual targetting/bashing - I felt so accomplished when I aliased it. I went back a few months ago, just to see if anyone remembered me, and good lord, the 'system' I had there was a joke, even by the most rudimentary of definitions. On one hand, I'm proud of my new coding knowledge. On the other, I'm a little disappointed at the massive amount that I've automated - well, let my system handle. Much of my stuff is still macros, because I like having something to do. This isn't a diku mud.
  • Having no desire to play tonight like absolutely none what so ever, I hope it doesn't last as it's been really fun lately...argh.
    imageimage
    RivasArbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2215
    Date: 1/17/2014 at 11:22
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Cryptic Chest promotion

Iron Realms has decided to extend the Cryptic Chest promotion until the end of January!

Sigh. :(
    FerrikOleisElyniKatszia
  • I know. The adding things is what gets me.

The day after I buy like 40 more chests.

I swear he just watches me and waits for me to tell somebody I'm not buying anymore.

Except this time I'm really not. :(
    edited January 2014
    That's not my rage. Mine is as an org leader. Another 2 weeks of barely any purchase kickbacks, after we've had 6 weeks already. Had to turn off credit sales and have to postpone paying out for certain reward stuff.
    ArekaKatszia
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

It wasn't his decision, and honestly, I'm just glad we get -any- org credits to give away. I mean, I understand the frustration, but I refuse to look a gifthorse in the mouth.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• It only annoys me, because (in my opinion) it is the least desirable of all the possible promotions.
    But ask Dask said, gifthorses and all. I can't really complain and some people seem to like them.
  • Moirean said:
    That's not my rage. Mine is as an org leader. Another 2 weeks of barely any purchase kickbacks, after we've had 6 weeks already. Had to turn off credit sales and have to postpone paying out for certain reward stuff.
    For guilds like the Carnifex the dearth of credit kickbacks has to be a bit grim.

I bought a 5-pack of chests either last week or the week before, in a sleep deprived fit of poor decision-making after leaving the hospital, and I was annoyed I didn't really get anything terribly useful for the $25 or so I spent.

I'm not really enthused by the addition of torches either, and there's only one chest artifact I actually want. I don't know if I'll buy more or just buy another hundred credits for more chalices as I grind out Tekal. 

I'm pretty sure Matt and/or Jeremy make the decisions about what the company-wide promotions are going to be and the game producers have to go along with it.
    edited January 2014
    Thing is, org leadership in IRE functions around the concept of having those credits there. I don't think we should be thanking IRE for giving us them - this is how IRE designed the system. You have credits for rewards and the more active your org is (in theory) the more overall credits you net, so it encourages you to create more activity.  I mean, yes, I appreciate that people can access credits through org kickbacks, but that's kinda the point of it, versus a bone we're being thrown. When they aren't there, either because of a promo like this or because your guild is an unpopular class that doesn't heavily generate credit sales, it's a strain and org leaders have to either pitch in on their own, find super creative ways to give rewards, or just shrug and let activity slide.
    CiarelleElyni
  • I'm honestly curious how dependent on those credits most guilds actually are. The Ascendril don't really do much with them and we seem to be in a pretty healthy place. Just so happens that we only rarely see +X credits: member purchase.

I've seen a direct correlation between how many credits you toss to members and how much activity your org sees. Being able to give out credits - even if a small amount - on a regular basis for things like guild discussions, arena events, etc, definitely is something that keeps people invested. One memory that's stuck through me over the years is how Kiyotan tossed me 5 credits for getting a kill on someone in a FFA when I was a newbie - it was a tiny amount but it totally inspired me to keep going and learn more about PK. 
    edited January 2014
    I think the game's crashed, and I was in the middle of the chapel garden zombies. I think I'm going to be dead when I reconnect.

EDIT: Yep.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Moirean said:
    Thing is, org leadership in IRE functions around the concept of having those credits there. I don't think we should be thanking IRE for giving us them - this is how IRE designed the system. You have credits for rewards and the more active your org is (in theory) the more overall credits you net, so it encourages you to create more activity.  I mean, yes, I appreciate that people can access credits through org kickbacks, but that's kinda the point of it, versus a bone we're being thrown. When they aren't there, either because of a promo like this or because your guild is an unpopular class that doesn't heavily generate credit sales, it's a strain and org leaders have to either pitch in on their own, find super creative ways to give rewards, or just shrug and let activity slide.
    This is a very broad statement. In Imperian, for example, org credits have no official function and their use is often up to the org leader. Personal use is entirely acceptable.

Veovis said:
    I'm pretty sure Matt and/or Jeremy make the decisions about what the company-wide promotions are going to be and the game producers have to go along with it.
    This is true. So was adding the extra stuff at this point in the month -- Midkemia pioneered the idea near the top of the year and it was wildly successful.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    If we're not expected to be using credits as org rewards, then that's new, as credit rewards have been part of orgs for as long as I can remember and credit sales are a big portion of income for a lot of guilds. I have always assumed that rewards and sales were how credits were intended to be used - and it's not like we can just start funneling them to ourselves instead of having credit sales or rewarding people. There WOULD be outcry. Currently, the dearth means that I'm supplementing them from my own funds, and I'm poor and can't even buy credits, so this basically means I am running around earning credits IG just to donate them back, or going nuts keeping the guild shop stocked to ensure we have income, which is tiring to say the least. Maybe alternative ways to reward people, such as more cityranks, more guild/city privs to scatter among the ranks or cool org artifacts, could help orgs deal with not being able to just hand out credits. It's pretty frustrating to feel like you're limited by OOC stuff like credit purchases. 

I wasn't trying to like call the admin out and demand you guys fix stuff. I was just getting a frustration out of my system in the rage thread. Sorry that it's upset people.
This discussion has been closed.