Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Wow. Now that's a rage right there. Have a cup of tea and a few deep breaths or something, sheesh!

• Haha welcome to Carnifex unicorn

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArbreXenia
  • Not as mad as me, but yeah. On a scale of one to mad, he's probably a solid 7.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Xiuhcoatl
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited January 2014

Unnecessary trolling. Stop that.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Solaria
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah, you need to take a little break from the forums. Nothing to see here.

- Slyphe
  • Xiuhcoatl said:
    The moment when you figure out the best method of killing someone with the carnifex class is just a weaker method of death tarot. God, I should have never given up infernal for this terrible class.
    IF you that bothered then why didn't you, or anyone with the class make liaison reports? Pretty sure if the class is that broke ANY Ideas are welcomed but yet no one has made a report to try and fix the class just raged for months on forums as it being broken... :/ ...

Not digging at anyone just the whole concept that people Rage about a broken class but no one puts a report in ...

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • (We weren't allowed to make liaison reports, read the announce)

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

OleisMoirean
  • Think I missed that announcement as the two im looking at dont mention Carnifex at all :/

announce 2205 and 2204 ... :/@Toz
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • TozToz
    edited January 2014
    This round, our big focus in addition to the usual combat balancing is
    quality of life. What are the combat-related things that bug you? Inline
    envenoming is sure to get some attention, but what else do you have?
    Note that if such a change would have no combat ramifications, it's not
    necessary to file a Liaison report. Please do NOT submit reports about
    Carnifex, Sentinels or statpack changes. The former two revamps are
    coming quite soon and the latter is still in a state of post-release
    fluidity.

Announce 2199.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    We're aiming to have the Carni rework released by the next liaison round. I'm sorry that its place in the priority list was shifted so drastically. I started that project as a volunteer, and had to disappear for a while. When I returned as a paid staff member, Carni had evolved into some really big changes and I was clued into just how many promises we had lingering for 2013. I shuffled things around in order to deliver on as many of those as possible.

tl;dr: It's all my fault, but I think we made the right choices.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Daskalos
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2014
    Mastema quit the game all together because of the fail that is Carnifex. I think several players did as it is just a waste of people's time to even log on when your only class is a pile of stinking -insert words-. This should have been fixed and it is not @Oleis's issue as it was like this from inception. But he is my little brother so I get fired up that he quit, so I will shut up now before I derail the tread with inappropriate terms.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    You will have to try harder to stop me from being an Oleisbian.
    PiperPerilunaXeniaIosyne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There was a PK report in for Carnifex....to nerf us.
  • That's enough to rage at alone.
    XeniaOleisIosyne
  • @Borscin, @Yettave, @Mastema quit over the class being what it is.

@Cariv quit the guild.

I've got a much longer rant, but 'Implementing unusable skills is not a good use of resources' kind of made me laugh, as the judgment for my flavor suggestion for a Carni instakill, since that's like what 9/10ths of the class came out as.

So! Real rage time.

Days elapsed: 834 days
    That's 2 years, 3 months, and 12 days.

Post date: 9/26/2011
    [quote]
    Today we welcome the long-awaited transition of the Infernal and Paladin
    guilds into the Carnifex and the Templars, respectively. We will of
    course be closely monitoring all activity from both classes to ensure
    balancing goes smoothly.
    [/quote]

This post was made 834 days ago.

Since then, according to all visible history:
    Announce 1897 - bugfixes (erosion, fortify, cull/strike, sacrifice, souldrain, dismember), nerfs (souldrain, precision)

Announce 1915 - nerfs (damage in pvp)

Announce 1969 - nerfs (weaponry overhaul nerfs damage further) Relevant quote: " Some classes (Carnifex) will be getting additional
    changes once the dust on the system has settled."

Announce 2024 - nerfs (epteth/epseth nerf)

Announce 2127 - nerfs (penetration changed to modify soulthirst, requiring a 135 pen weapon to get what soul drain was at previously)

Barred from participating in the Jan 2014 Liaison Round despite no tangible progress offered. Sentinel released during 2014 Liaison Round.

There was also a 'stealth nerf' of soulstorm, which used to work on any ent - it was changed to only impact shaman ents at some random point in time because ???

It took us over 2 RL years to get anything done about our bashing. We've been 'first on the list' more times than I can count, and every time it gets mentioned and then something entirely different gets rolled out and we get dropped by the wayside, nobody seems to mention it/care. At LEAST four different times, probably more, we've been told we're 'number 1 priority' for fixes/changes. Since then, in no particular order,

- Sentinels have been revamped/changed some
    - Sentinel revamp finished
    - Teradrim received an overhaul
    - Shamans released, revamping Druid

So, yeah. No - I'm tired of believing in what I'm told only to be disappointed. Repeatedly. For RL years. Hopefully I've made my point as to why this is beyond infuriating. If not, I can rephrase/bring up further points/go into more detail - believe me. I've had a long time to be grumpy about this, and formulate countless arguments...two+ years is plenty of time.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

CannanXeniaAarbrokRiluoRowena
  • Oh man. Toz posted The Rant. Droppin H bombs up in here.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nope, you pretty much nailed it. No argument here.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DaskalosPiperNeithanRiluoArbre
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Oleis said:
    Nope, you pretty much nailed it. No argument here.
    Way to be reasonable, god, SIGN ME UP AS AN OLEISBIAN I GUESS.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    KatsziaIosyneArbre
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Mad props to Oleis for saying 'look, we mssed up and we ARE working on it'. Previous administrations would of just thrown up a Coming Soon and pretended the problem didn't exist

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

KatsziaPiperArbre
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Gee, great admin team that communicates and gets stuff done very efficiently, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that deserves a spot higher than 13 on Top MUD Sites.
    OmeiTeaniPiperArbre
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    EzalorSetneAngwePerilunaArekaArbreOmeiMaghak
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Oleis said:

I can't stop looking at this. Best use of a meme ever. It makes me laugh so hard I'm raging.

I rage at having to log off with a desc to write, an item to brainstorm, a whole new progression pathway to organize and write files for, twenty different things to code into my system, my wife to murder, and Gilder to frame for it.

Good night, Aetolia. See you on the morrow. (After work.)

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

XeniaDamariel
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    This Olesbianism movement really has legs.
    Arbre
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited January 2014
    Fairly legit Aetolian rage. So, I bring @Orisae back just for a bit of RP and @Slyphe shows up. Backstory goes that Orisae has -NEVER- seen Slyphe. She's asked him time and time again to let her see him but NO GAME. For three RL years now.

So he shows up and we're about to RP and... my neighbor comes in and sits down next to my roommate to play video games. Noisily. My laptop can not move right now due to the fact that it's broken beyond repair and has a battery that won't allow me to recharge anything. So, I'm stuck trying to RP one of the most emotional things I can imagine while I've got a goddamn party trying to pointedly tear my attention away and making comments that I'm spending too much time on my laptop (thanks James).

Ruined it for me. Continued to be a problem all the way through the RP with @Rashar, too. Sorry, guys. Next time I hope it'll be better and I'll be less distracted. :(
  • Prae is viable for PvP and one of the best classes hunting so it's hard to complain but we've been practically the same since day dot. Probably the oldest class still getting used. 

I agree Carni need work first but I have one major complaint with Prae. This isn't asking for buffs to the current class it would probably require a revamp to fix. It's just the class showing it's age in a bad way.

We essentially have four class skills, weaponry isn't a bonus, it's a requirement like old paladins and infernals but at least in their case their third guild skill was a trade. This leads to some issues like rebounding causing problems for us as it's not anticipated but venom / whisper is just how Prae combat works. 

A small complaint related to this is how we need EQ reduction to optimize our combat yet it does nothing for hunting purposes. I can't think of another class with this problem but it led to Praenomen (a strength class) being Wise under the old statpacks (the statpack with the lowest strength). 

Thematically we should probably be more like a lycan I suppose, pound something into the ground and feed on it. Even if we went the other way and became more like knights I'd like to see the whole need of weaponry to PvP as Prae fixed.  

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out but I've only just started on the forums. Be gentle. 
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @rowena: There is a report up to give prae a non-weaponry option.

@everyone else: please stop ranting about Carnifex. It's depressing, the admin are aware there are issues, and it makes the guild unappealing and newer members feel worse about their choice of class.
  • Rowena said:
    Prae is viable for PvP and one of the best classes hunting so it's hard to complain but we've been practically the same since day dot. Probably the oldest class still getting used. 

I agree Carni need work first but I have one major complaint with Prae. This isn't asking for buffs to the current class it would probably require a revamp to fix. It's just the class showing it's age in a bad way.

We essentially have four class skills, weaponry isn't a bonus, it's a requirement like old paladins and infernals but at least in their case their third guild skill was a trade. This leads to some issues like rebounding causing problems for us as it's not anticipated but venom / whisper is just how Prae combat works. 

A small complaint related to this is how we need EQ reduction to optimize our combat yet it does nothing for hunting purposes. I can't think of another class with this problem but it led to Praenomen (a strength class) being Wise under the old statpacks (the statpack with the lowest strength). 

Thematically we should probably be more like a lycan I suppose, pound something into the ground and feed on it. Even if we went the other way and became more like knights I'd like to see the whole need of weaponry to PvP as Prae fixed.  

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out but I've only just started on the forums. Be gentle. 
    There's a report in for a sanguis ability that would take some of the need to transcend weaponry away for praenomen, but I don't think you're ever going to get a full-fledged replacement. Even Bloodborn need to take some weaponry to get to envenoming and targeting, but that's not so bad. And considering the fact that a lot of other classes do end up investing in weaponry for one reason or another...eh. I honestly feel like praenomen has one of the best skillsets out there at the moment, for pve and pvp.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

@Rowena: Report 1653 and Report 1663.

WISH GRANTED.

(Also, damn being stuck in a text box.)

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

This discussion has been closed.