Mafia - Endings in Esterport: Return of the Illuminai

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Good to hear from you, Sentinel! From what you are saying, our departed General was at least interested enough in Serrice to warrant checking in on her. That's something, even though we don't know the results. Can anyone venture a guess as to why? 

• While I do believe my logic is sound, I'm wary of anyone who would so easily voice their faith in me alongside our only proven Defender. @Sibatti has done so, which makes me suspicious this is a clever ploy by the cult to target me and try to benefit on any trust I have garnered while of sound mind.

I ask any of you to cross-examine my concerns and say whether my suspicions of @Sibatti are paranoia or sound.

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    There's no ploy, and you make a good point that I didn't consider. Each day, there is the potential for anyone to change overnight, so in that instance no one is truly trustworthy.

Unfortunately, this doesn't bring us any closer to rooting out who's a member of the Cult. Today hasn't really gone anywhere and there isn't a lot of conversation happening right now.
  • I don't see enough information to firmly go on and we don't have much wiggle room. While I am still suspicious of @Sibatti. Ilyon voted for her and then eaten by the werewolf. Now @Serrice is casting a vote towards Sibatti, stating that it is random logic. Nobody else has jumped onto this vote, nor discussed the merits of that vote. I wonder if it is not a manipulation by Serrice to lead us into thinking @Sibatti may be the shapeshifter and went after the first person who cast a vote towards her.

Right now this is my best lead and my gut tells me to stick with it.

Vote: Serrice

• Current Standings:

Xenia - Zechs, Koda (2)
    Serrice - Sarita, Xenia (2)
    Zechs - Zaila (1)
    Sibatti - Serrice (1)

6 votes needed to lynch.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • I'm a little iffy here. With losing some pretty important roles almost immediately, I'm not so sure that I agree putting the Sentinel out so openly was the greatest idea.

We can assume the Sciomancer will be protecting the Sentinel tonight, which leaves the Sciomancer open for attack by the Cult AND the Shapeshifter. If the Sciomancer is unlucky enough to be off'd tonight, we're absolutely screwed.

I think the safer move would have been encouraging the Sciomancer, who can protect themselves, to come out and be a sounding board with virtual immunity.

Xenia is smart, and knows this, and I think this could be some incentive to try really hard to drag the Sentinel out.

I'm keeping my vote right where it is.
    Well, I've already said I'm leaning in that direction, so I might as well cast a vote. 

<font color="red">VOTE: Serrice </font>

Having the Sciomancer come forward would be a bad move. We don't need the Sciomancer to come forward, because we can't risk that role being killed/converted.

In the interest of moving this along, I will:

VOTE: Serrice

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I don't know why, but I haven't been getting the massive heebie-jeebies about Serrice as apparently everyone else, but Xenia and I seem to have similar thought processes, so I just can't bring myself to vote for her at this juncture. I really really hope the Sciomancer is paying attention here and protects our brave Sentinel. Can I suggest, since we know who he is, maybe people throw out suggestions for who to watch in the night? Maybe a mini-poll?

As for lynching, and in favor of not letting the day pass without some resolution, I'll cast my lunch vote

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I don't know if publicizing who will be watched overnight is a good idea. If they are on the wrong side, they could just modify their behavior accordingly since they'd have the advance warning.
    Zaila
  • I don't see the harm. If behavior is modified, it will be reflected in the morning that someone, the cult or shapeshifter, did not take any actions.

I'm not exactly suggesting he tell us who he WILL follow, just that we all mention who we would like to see followed - does that make sense?

I see your point, though Sarita, that might unintentionally give the shifter or cultists a mark to go after, or avoid. Hrm.
  • I believe it's imperative the Sentinel say whom they will watch, even if it persuades the cult to not visit a specific person that night. For example, say the Sentinel said he would be watching me, this may mean the cult won't go after me because if I survive the night and he sees someone visited me, he can likely conclude I was visited by the cult and now a cultist.

Information is a powerful tool and needs to be used wisely. I trust the Sentinel to wield the information he gives to manipulate things for the benefit of the defenders. I think there are merits in knowing who he will watch, but more so to create more guided opportunities to gain information about night behaviors.

The reason I disagree with this, @xenia - lets say I'm the siomancer and Paz says "I'm going to watch Zaila!" He would find out I visited him and (assuming someone dies from the shifter in the night) that means that the next morning, I assume Paz will have gotten the message "Zaila visted you!" The only possible options there are "thwarted cult attempt or Siomancer" while this is good information for the rest of you to have and all (so we don't accidentally lynch me as cult) - the actual cult would know IMMEDIATELY to target me the next day (assuming I survive the daytime lynching anyway) if Paz reports anything about the incident (unless he lies - but that would be detrimental for other reasons).

However, if I'm the Scio and Paz DOESN'T pre-claim who he is gonna to watch, and finds out "Zaila visited you!" he can just announce "The person I spied on visited me" and at least give me a fighting chance of surviving the following day and night. Perhaps give you all at least the chance to decide if you want to know who it was before he just ousts me.

--- The real scio here obviously knows I am not the Scio, so for the record, I am not claiming to be the Scio ---
    Xenia
  • Going to have to go with @Zaila on this on. While I am certainly open to conversation on whom to investigate I currently have no intention of declaring ahead of time who I will actually be checking in on. I just don't see logic to it unfortunately.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

ZailaSaritaSibatti
  • edited April 2017
    Current Standings:

Xenia - Zechs, Koda (2)
    Serrice - Sarita, Xenia, Teani, Sibatti, Zaila (5)
    Sibatti - Serrice (1)

6 votes needed to lynch.
    I could be wrong, but it seems like Paz will get to see where the person being tracked goes, not who else might visit them at night. We know that Karhast was watched, and later killed by Lehar, but unless I missed something, you never saw them together.
  • That seems to be the case @sarita yes.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I've been leaning toward the logic of Serrice but not enough to feel comfortable voting against her. Seems I need to speak up and make a decision one way or the other, though, because my no lynch default is helping no one.

• edited April 2017
    The arguments and discussions are traded back and forth, suspicions raised, and in the argument, @Pazradym step forward, dhurive in hand, to reveal himself as the Sentinel, despite the risks it may pose.

As the day progresses onwards, more suspicion is heaped on @Serrice, until it reaches critical mass.

While the gathered defenders surge forwards, weapons raised and rope at the ready to string her up, the accused's face twists into a monstrous snarl.

No sooner have hands grabbed at Serrice's limbs when her frame begins to bend and heave, muscles surging beneath grasping fingers, bones snapping audibly as they realign into a new formation. Fur sprouts, and nails turn to claws.

In the space of heartbeats a supposedly loyal Defender is replaced by a ravening beast, and the shock of the sudden transformation is broken by the bloodcurdling howl the creature looses, that seems to vibrate the very bones of the Defenders.

The monster is met, tooth and claw, by Defenders, and they know their work. Each way the creature turns it is met by trained, skillful defense, while at its back, wounds are opened when its attention is elsewhere. On and on it goes, seemingly heedless of the increasingly numerous injuries, until finally it falls, overcome by skill and sheer numbers.

...blood flows freely over the things matted fur, trickling down into the streets as the sun begins to slide beyond the western horizon. The Defenders, tired, bruised, and bloodied, slink back to their homes for the night, grateful to have survived a day, and to have one less monster to prey on them in the night.

Serrice has been lynched by the Defenders. She was the Shapeshifter.

It is Night 2.

Night roles, PM me your actions, or if you wish to do nothing.
  • edited April 2017
    The sun rises on another dawn in Esterport...

All is quiet. Eerily so.

There is no blood in the streets. No screaming civilians. The city begins to bustle as though it were an ordinary day.

But something is still off. The Cult is still out there, even if the mosters have fallen. And they still need to be dealt with.

It is Day 3

The Sciomancer is alive.
    The Sentinel is alive.
    The Prophet is alive.
    There are 4 Defenders remaining.

5 votes are needed to lynch.
    So they got to one of you. You should have plugged your ears and barricaded the door!

Please, dear Sentinel, tell us you have some useful information to share, so we can get rid of the Cult. 

Sentinel, want to come forward?
    After yesterday's morning report, this morning feels -especially- quiet.

Though, it feels weird that no one else is praising our luck in both not losing the Sciomancer and being rid of that foul, murderous beast.
    Yeah, I'm kind of waiting to see if we have anything to go on there myself.
  • ZechsZechs Austin
    The lack of immediate response from our supposed "sentinel" is really troubling to me. The whole turn of events is troubling if I am to be completely honest and I'm still left with a bad taste in my mouth from this whole supposed sentinel reveal. Here's the timeline that bothers me:

- Xenia suggests the sentinel reveal themselves. (my spider sense is still tingling here!)
    - I immediately state this is a bad idea. We're already down several of our heroes.
    - Paz says "I agree with Xenia, the sentinel should reveal themselves." Yet at this time does not reveal himself to be the sentinel. This is -odd.-
    - After several hours of discussion, well after the "I agree" post, it is only then that Paz says "I'm the sentinel" and yet provides little to no information.

This is disconcerting. I feel like we're sheep being lead to the slaughter with the only real relief being that we caught a break and found the blood thirsty beast to put her down and avenge Ilyon's grisly death.

I feel as if there's a strong chance our sentinel is gathering information and not sharing it with us - as is their right - but if so we need to reconfigure our calculus.

- If it is Paz, it's vital we get the information. We're in a race against time.
    - If it isn't, and you're still hiding (I hope) then now might be the time to finally reveal yourself. The danger of the beast is gone and I think we can protect you from the dangers that lie ahead.
    It is possible that Paz, after so much time in silence, was hoping for someone to make the mistake of role claiming or sending a message that might reveal more information. It makes sense th t he wouldn't have information to share if he investigated one if those we already lost.

• Good morning everyone. Sorry for not getting to you all right away (( things have a been a little hectic this morning)) Nothing to much to report this morning unfortunatly. I wish I had more for you all, but I kept an eye on Koda last night, but noticed no strange comings or goings. I suppose that doesnt rule them out completely as someone could have visited them and converted, but as of that timeframe anyway they appear to be a loyal defender.

• @Zechs I can understand your concerns, but I feel I have addressed most of these points in my previous discussion, but if you have any particular questions Ill be happy to entertain them. Ive been doing the best with what I have to work with, which unfortunatly hasnt been a whole lot.

• ZechsZechs Austin
    Pazradym said:

@Zechs I can understand your concerns, but I feel I have addressed most of these points in my previous discussion, but if you have any particular questions Ill be happy to entertain them. Ive been doing the best with what I have to work with, which unfortunatly hasnt been a whole lot.

Understandable and thank you for the information, Paz. ((Sorry! I understand real life coming up. This weekend was non-stop vacation fun-a-thon, woo!))

I'm still concerned with:

- Xenia's demanding of the sentinel coming forward so early.
    - Where we go from here. We need to get on board together and figure out how we're going to find this cult whilst also protecting you and our sciomancer.
    Koda