MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Tina said:

When you spend credits to get a minipet token, and when you use it get an old minipet you've already had for years.

Additionally: when you spend a token and get back one of the pets you just traded in. Repeatedly. Clearly Aetolia REALLY wants me to have a rabid bush minipet.
    --------------------
    For some OOC life-venting frustration:

When you feel like no matter how hard you try to get a project done for a family and absolutely everything that could go wrong manages to go wrong. And then things that didn't even occur to you might go wrong go wrong. Feeling like you've let people down is just the worst feeling in the pit of your stomach and doesn't go away, no matter how nice and understanding people are. And then when that is coupled with costing your company thousands of dollars to fix the various problems, it just adds to the strain.

Add to that that our main designer got a better job elsewhere so I've now been doing two-people's worth of work plus having to train a new employee... I'm just a big ball of stress.

I'll just be over there.... Hugging my rabid bush. It's you and me, buddy.
    Seir
  • TiurTiur Producer
    @Zaila Hold on to your tokens. I'll be fixing it to not give you back the same thing. And there will be a way to ensure you always get something new.
    ZailaPazradymRunas
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    When you start working 13-15 hour days, 7 days a week.. and then discover by day 16 that your feet are developing a handful of blisters. -.- Couple that with complete exhaustion because you only sleep 3 hours every night. But it pays the bills, right??

• When you buy a new vehicle, and need to get auto insurance, but for some whatever reason 2/3 of companies just refuse to give you a quote. Even though you're never had an accident that was your fault, your previous insurance companies never had to pay a dime/lift a finger, and you're a remarkably safe driver.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Is the vehicle some sort of Mad Max style death wagon?
    Tenshyo
  • Aishia said:

Is the vehicle some sort of Mad Max style death wagon?

If so, please put up pictures/video of the ensuing road war.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    ZailaTeaniTenshyo
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Are you under 25 by any chance? I think sometimes that's enough to do it or to get really high rates if you even do get a quote.
  • I turn 26 in July. I had insurance on both my previous vehicles (and paid less than $60 a month for full coverage).

My last vehicle the engine blew, so I sold it and had to cancel my insurance as I knew I wouldn't be having a car for a good long while.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Using forums from my phone, the damn saved as draft pop up happens every minute or two and is always right over what I'm typing
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I've mentioned before that I struggle with Anxiety. Last month, I finally found a doctor that would see me before July, and not demand 8 vials of my blood to feed the vampires in their basement (excessive labwork), and who would even help me file FMLA paperwork with work to help cover me on the days that the anxiety is too much.

She gave me fluoxetine 10mg and alprazolam 1mg and all was awesome for about half the month and then all hell broke loose . Went back yesterday and she changed the dosages for me, to 30mg and .25mg respectively to adjust them to suit what I need them for, and then the pharmacy can't read her writing and has to verify with her before I can -get- the fluoxetine and they couldn't get ahold of her and I'm out as of today and it's making my anxiety spike to an excess. :/

Don't want to spend the entire day drugged out of my mind but it's starting to feel like this might be the only option to get it down to manageable levels.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    More a sad than a mad. 

I'm trying to stay connected with my daughter, who lives with her father in a different city. Her stepmother has never been very encouraging when it comes to staying in touch with me, so it's been a constant struggle. 

She's got a busy life these days, claiming it's tricky to even get one phonecall in a week, rarely responds to texts and the last time I saw her was before New Year's Eve. So I figured I'd follow her on social media, like my mother and sister, only to realize that she is ignoring my request on Instagram,  and after adding me on Snapchat, she has removed me again. She doesn't have Facebook, never wanted it. 

I've already missed so much of her life because of the separation, her father's bitterness and her stepmother's dislike of me. I have no idea what to do to change this trend. I miss my girl and I feel completely excluded from her life.

And to top it all off, tomorrow we celebrate Mother's day in Sweden. Unless a miracle happens, and I don't really believe in those, she won't be here with me, as usual. 

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Not that I think anything can be done by it, but I'm really bothered lately by how everyone's response to interpersonal conflict is to shut the offending person(s) out and create a bubble for themselves. This extends to entire subgroups as well, without putting too fine a point on it.

I don't think it's a healthy response to get upset at the behavior exhibited in someone's treefort, and then go build a treefort of your own that's exactly like it, but one that caters to your own beliefs, one that you feel is superior because it's of your own design.

Not everyone is going to get along, and that's fine, but we should all be able to coexist, live and let live, and all that jazz.

Just mildly disconcerted at how tolerance seems to be this thing that people really like to espouse but rarely exhibit. Or maybe it's that everyone has their own view on what tolerance is/should be, which is a little funny I guess.
    DzekkLin
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    The last year, things have been going downhill for our oldest cat. She's been with us for 20 years now and was a rescue kitty when we got her. We found her with all four paws badly burned and the vet didn't give her 24 hours to live. However, my mom never gave up. She put salves on her paws and helped her move around and she healed up perfectly. And ever since then, she's been the most loving cat I've ever had the pleasure to own.
    Now, she's almost blind, almost deaf and sleeps most of the time. The last month or two, however, she developed a mammary tumor. We knew the vet wouldn't do much about it, since she was old, so we've kept her at home. After all, she wasn't in any pain and she was doing good. The last few weeks, she's lost a lot of weight and she's become worried, screaming a lot when she doesn't know where we are. So we made the decision to pay her the utmost respect and not letting her suffer anymore.
    Tomorrow, we are going to the vet to put her to rest. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to decide and I have been crying on and off for the last week. I know we can't be selfish and keep her with us anymore. I will miss her so much, cause there will never be anyone like her. 20 years.. that's more than half my life. She's always been there.
    ZailaSeirEowynAxius
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Sessizlik said:

The last year, things have been going downhill for our oldest cat. She's been with us for 20 years now and was a rescue kitty when we got her. We found her with all four paws badly burned and the vet didn't give her 24 hours to live. However, my mom never gave up. She put salves on her paws and helped her move around and she healed up perfectly. And ever since then, she's been the most loving cat I've ever had the pleasure to own.
    Now, she's almost blind, almost deaf and sleeps most of the time. The last month or two, however, she developed a mammary tumor. We knew the vet wouldn't do much about it, since she was old, so we've kept her at home. After all, she wasn't in any pain and she was doing good. The last few weeks, she's lost a lot of weight and she's become worried, screaming a lot when she doesn't know where we are. So we made the decision to pay her the utmost respect and not letting her suffer anymore.
    Tomorrow, we are going to the vet to put her to rest. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to decide and I have been crying on and off for the last week. I know we can't be selfish and keep her with us anymore. I will miss her so much, cause there will never be anyone like her. 20 years.. that's more than half my life. She's always been there.

I'm so sorry that you have go through that, @Sessizlik. I can't even imagine, but take solace that you gave her a wonderful 20 years that she likely would not have had otherwise. 20 years is a long time for a cat, and I'm sure she loves you and would be grateful for every moment she has had if she had the ability to express it. I rescued my cat as well when she was a kitten living under my parent's front deck porch. Had to bottle feed her and everything because she had been abandoned. Since then, I've ensured that her qualify of life has been great. I treat her like she was my kid. If anything happened to her, I don't know what I'd do. I can't really grasp what you're experiencing right now, but I sympathize with you.
    Sessizlik
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Sessizlik I'm sad to hear that you're going through that. Our own kitty, maybe 6 or 7 years old now, is suffering from what my medically trained mother (she's an RN for people instead of animals, so I'm not putting too much weight in her statements) is acting a little strange. She's been extra sneezy, and has had a bit of a weird thing about being extra cuddly certain times of the day. And has been losing weight. She's been on the mend lately, but I don't know if she was just sick, or if she actually has something wrong, and it's scary to me.

Also. @Keroc @Tiur WAI NO HUG BUTTON?!?!
    SessizlikErzsebet
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    She lived a good life and was always loved, and gave a lot of love in return too. I didn't go into the room with the vet, but my mom and sis was there and petted her until the very end. Despite us still having our baby girl (13 years old now), it's so empty without the old lady...

TeaniFezzixKarhastSeir
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, tonight things took a turn for the worse with my daughter (teenager). In a conversation she basically tolds me that I've never shown an interest in her activities, that I don't care, have never been there for her, and that I've been a negligent mother. She informed me that she's formed this image of me by listening to others and then using her own mind (my absolutely brilliant daughter, of whom I am very proud for multiple reasons, informed me that apparently I don't believe she has a mind if her own to be able to form her own opinion). When I asked her why she has never approached me about my side of all these stories, she tells me she doesn't have to, because her mind is made up without listening to that. She trusts her father, stepmother, grandfather (my dad), and her aunt (my sister). 

My father seemed surprised when I mentioned it, and though my sister and I have our spats I doubt she would drive a wedge between us like that. 

Just hoping this phase will be over soon, because I feel like my heart just got ripped out of my body and crushed into tiny pieces, and I'm running out of ideas on how to turn it around. :(

If you don't see me around much, it's because I don't want my current mood to influence my game play, and things in the game might trigger worse emotions. Sorry, people. 

Fezzix
  • edited June 2017
    Grieving sucks.

I don't usually share things like this publicly but my uncle died last week. We weren't that close in the last few years but when I was a kid he got me into art and music. He pushed me to pick up a guitar and while I was horrible at learning it, it got me into singing and exploring myself as an artist. When I was 10, I wrote this...awful, awful song called Poor Little Wolf Boy - complete with howls. Lol. And even though it was really bad, I remember how proud he was to sing it in front of the entire family at our reunion. He was just a positive, funny, and loving person.

I barely got emotional at all and then it sunk in a couple days ago. Since then it's been constant waves of emotion. The Mexican side of my family celebrates death but the white side just...pretends grief isn't happening, heh. For me acknowledging, talking, and laughing about things makes them easier to process.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    SessizlikKodaZailaFezzix
  • much love to everyone
    RhoynnLinKarhastKelliaraDemarcusErzsebetKynaPazradym
    I think Didi posts are our hug button. :/

imageimage
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    My washing machine decided to break while it was full of the grossest clothes imaginable. I think it most got the clothes clean, although I still ran them though a bunch of hot water to rinse out suds and stuff. Now I have a washing machine full of grey, soapy water that I should probably empty out somehow before a repair guy comes tomorrow, but I don't want to touch it because I KNOW what it was in it.

Also, we may need a new washing machine, and those aren't cheap.
    Irae
    edited June 2017
    Anxiety-depression spirals. Ugh. Also the higher dosage of happy pills makes me so fucking squirrel it's ridiculous. NOT being on it fucks me up hardcore now though, despite the fact that it's not working well enough for me to function consistently.

Also, I actually went to work yesterday, and was having major trouble staying awake (I slept a vast majority of monday and tuesday, with 2-3 hour spurts of wakefulness nestled in-between can't-stay-awake-sleeping). Spent the entire day yesterday feeling like if I stopped moving I was going to hardcore crash. So I didn't. Stop moving, I mean. And today I feel like death because I pushed myself too hard yesterday.

Also, while I have FMLA to protect me from getting fired from all the calling out I've been doing, FMLA does NOT protect me from needing to make rent or pay bills or eat things, so I really need to sort out the drugs to where I can at least go to work more than on Sunday every week. -.-

Also, also, shift bids. Ugh. I got the time I wanted, but not the days off, which means I need to talk to HR, because I -need- split days off, because it's easier to handle 2-3 days working consecutively than it is to handle 4-5. Also sacrificing my weekend to shift to a Friday off because Saturday and Sunday are relatively slow and therefore trigger my anxiety less and that'll give me at least two days of being able to handle work almost guaranteed, and if I manage 8 days a month ONLY that covers all my bills, so anything extra is just awesome, and tuesday and friday off which are the most stressful week days I'm allowed to have off. Downside: Dealing with the HR lady gives me hella anxiety. Also I'm not sure she'll give me what I need here. May have to get a doctor's note, despite the FMLA paperwork. -.- At worst, can use the FMLA to MAKE my days off split, as is needed for my sanity. Would prefer to have it inherent to my schedule though, so I can get a 5 day work-week when my anxiety decides to allow it.
    imageimage
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    My laptop's trying to..no scratch that, it HAS crapped out, and it was just as I was starting the last part of my stream, not long after my mic crapped out. It is now 3:22 am on the next morning and I am trying to get my laptop back to working order so I don't lose 90% of my ability to stream. Because I am literally down to my last few dollars in my bank account after a cheap mic refused to work after being bought for almost 20 dollars
    Irae
  • I have been moving to a new city and finally is done after a long week with all the necessary stuff. So that is a good one. Now the bad one.

Last few weeks the whole OOC-bullshit and undeserved OOC accusations I have been subjected to by certain players truly soured my appetite for RPing in Aetolia. Now the issue is that when I say "The game is stagnant" the very same people say "Then start a conflict" then when the conflict occurs those people are quick to throw insults and rage on OOC mediums, create unnecessary drama which is toxic.

You may not like my character.

You may not know or care about the RP surrounding the character.

You may be playing this game longer then others.

But none of them gives you right to become RP-polices and insulting others OOCly. Just chill out and have a life. Thank you.
    TragerKodaXeniaNola
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Kalak said:

Last few weeks the whole OOC-unicorns and undeserved OOC accusations I have been subjected to by certain players truly soured my appetite for RPing in Aetolia. Now the issue is that when I say "The game is stagnant" the very same people say "Then start a conflict" then when the conflict occurs those people are quick to throw insults and rage on OOC mediums, create unnecessary drama which is toxic.

But none of them gives you right to become RP-polices and insulting others OOCly. Just chill out and have a life. Thank you.

This has been stated and pointed out so many times before that it's absolutely ridiculous.

I have my own very disconcerting opinions about why it's this way, but then people will end up raging against me and my opinion as well. So I'm just going to reaffirm your statement and say thank you and that I'm absurdly glad another ones sees this as an issue.

Didi
  • edited June 2017
    If you play a bad guy, or more specifically someone that makes the game annoying/frustrating/difficult for others, especially in your same org, they are going to hate you both IC and OCC. It sucks but that's human nature for you. *insert standard disclaimer that I do not know enough about anyone yet to have any specific opinion, this is just a general comment based on my past experience*
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Remember, this thread IS supposed to be specifically NOT aetolia-based MADs, because Aetolia-based rage threads invariable turn ugly.

(things like "Oh man, darn me and my gauntlet!" are fine and so far no one has been a jerk to each other, which is great, just reminding/informing the new people just in case)
    LinXavinVashKalakTeani
  • Zaila said:

Tina said:

When you spend credits to get a minipet token, and when you use it get an old minipet you've already had for years.

Additionally: when you spend a token and get back one of the pets you just traded in. Repeatedly. Clearly Aetolia REALLY wants me to have a rabid bush minipet.
    Well you had your own MAD albeit a minor one based on Aetolia. Mine was simply a bigger MAD based on Aetolia.
    Zaila said:

Remember, this thread IS supposed to be specifically NOT aetolia-based MADs, because Aetolia-based rage threads invariable turn ugly.

That statement by itself accepts there is a fundamental problem over here about a part of the playerbase. Sweeping such things under rug would only allow such unpleasant behaviour to persist.

Of course, I did not read this thread from start to end. This was something bothering me OOCly and I did not wish to start a "Respect" thread, instead decided to use an already existing thread.
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    edited June 2017
    It isn't so much as sweeping things under the rug as much as it is ensuring the forums do not become a place of toxicity for issues that are game related, especially when there are tools in place for game related issues. The forums is intended to be a coming together of the community, a place where bias, personal opinions and issues can be left at the door so the players can build a more constructive Aetolia.

The intention of this thread, in particular, was created for players to share their real-life woes and gripes.
    VashKalakTiurArbreKerrynZailaTeaniRunasSigmund