MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aren said:

I really hate driving long distance and I hate the holiday crowd that is only concerned with getting home fast and not safe. I pulled over after witnessing a car flipping on the other side of the highway today. Ran over to help. The car hit a worker on the side of the street and splattered his brains everywhere. We pulled the other guy out of his upside down car and looks like he'll be ok but I was really shaken up.
    People really need to calm the unicorns down and pay attention. Stop trying to pass someone so quickly. Stop texting while driving. Stop being damn idiots.

People don't give a shit, man. All about the 'I'.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Dristin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Aren - 'Really shaken up' sounds like a severe understatement to 'I watched a worker get his brains splattered all over by a flipping car'. I'm sorry you had to witness and I'm really proud that you stopped and helped. Shows your character, lady.

IshinAryanneXeniaErzsebetAldricHavenTeaniNola
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited December 2014
    Today the closest family was called in to my grandpa, who is suffering from pheumonia, because they couldn't tell how long he has left and wanted to give everyone a chance to say their goodbyes. He is almost 90 years old. His body temperature had dropped to 32 C (which is below 90 F) and his pulse was as low as 40 beats per minute. It sucks seeing someone who used to be so strong slowly succumbing to old age and illness. He was aware enough to look me in the eye, but no more than that. He hasn't been able to speak properly for quite some time now. When I left for the evening he was clasping my grandmother's hand, not wanting to let it go.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Just got home. It's 10:20 pm. I think the earliest I've made it home in 2 weeks is maybe 8:00 pm. I am really happy to be back working again, and I'm enjoying my job, but things are pretty frantic ensuring stuff is set for the holidays, with everything in full gear - instead of just testing one product, there are a lot of irons in the fire, the commute is rough and now the weather is bad to make it worse. All in all, tiring. Enjoyable and rewarding, but tiring.
    IshinTeaniEmelleAlissandra
  • Netflix doesn't work out here. Besides Hulu, does anyone know of any good streaming services?
  • Aren said:

Netflix doesn't work out here. Besides Hulu, does anyone know of any good streaming services?

Aren: You might try figuring out how to connect to netflix via proxy.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    try hola unblocker, lets you just pick your country so you can access any netflix you want.
    DristinObyn
  • I signed up for 11 hrs over time this week. I managed to work 5 hrs of it. I got sent home twice from work early this week due to lack of call volume. I managed to break even only because I was logged 3 hrs to the second (the portion I was missing of my 40) when the sup told me they were sending OT'ers home. As I was collecting my things, we got literally 30 people calling in that minute all at the same time to member services and I was allowed to log in another 15 min to help clear out the queue (because holy crap--0 to 30 in 45 seconds! And I'm nice like that)

Sheesh. Is it not December? We've been LWOPing for two weeks now. This is supposed to be our busy season!! I still have 35 hrs to make up before the extra $2/hr incentive disappears at New Year's Eve.

My other rage: I've been so wiped out from doing OT to make up for the three weeks I was sick I haven't had time to play. I've been marathoning White Collar and napping. I will be back online later today due to the unexpected afternoon off. But I've not been to the gym since I got sick and want to take advantage of the daylight. :-)
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • -beats head on table- I'm so bored..so bored. I have a Saturday off for the first time in forever and nothing to do because I never have Saturdays off. -just lays there-... I'm so restless and so unmotivated to care enough to do something about it. I don't want to do anything and I wanna do everything. BUT TO WHAT END.
    DristinErzsebetAlissandraTeaniIshinAryanne
    edited December 2014
    Flat tire on the way to work. My tire iron has vanished in my move back to San Diego. Great way to start my week. 

Edit: and my spare needs air....
  • @Moirean -- Yikes that's such a bummer, I hope it all turned out alright!

IshinJensen
    Triple a got me to work but the flat was because my alignment is off and had worn down one side. Gonna need to go fix it all and get new tires and I'm a bit panicking trying to think when I'll have the time for that.
    Choked on a bone at lunch. Inside of my throat got cut. This is turning into Moirean and the terrible horrible no good very bad day. :(
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Too tired and really exhausted after having no sleep lately. Mourning my grandpa and still fighting my way back on my feet from a depression. I just wish something could turn out in my favor, just for a while and not swipe me off my feet as soon as I feel like I'm on my way back up again.

Trying to find the bright sides, just a bit difficult.

Best of luck teani and hang in there. Holiday season is a rough time to be dealing with depression but feel free to lean on us in aet if needed.
    ErzsebetTeani
  • New owners as of last night. Payroll must be cut soon, chances are out of work by this weekend.

• Finals week. Please can it be time for me to start working a job related to my major yet and spending my time worrying about things that actually matter.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Sollace
  • Found out they're moving my grandma to hospice care at the end of the week. Congestive heart failure. Hoping she makes it through Christmas at least. 

Ever since my car got totaled I have discovered how bad public transit is. Bus schedules are more like guidelines and open to interpretation. Like, let's be so early that Alissa sees me drive by when she is early to the bus stop. 

The bright spot being I am meeting with a potentially new boss this morning. Same responsibilities, slightly different area and supervisor. Most likely would be a good thing. 
    AryanneTeani
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Sudden hearing loss, weird vision, and extreme dizziness. The hearing and eyes resolved themselves, but it was scary and I was in the shower. I don't know why this did that.

• I have that happen kinda regularly. Might want to get it checked out, but for me it's just standing up and all the blood rushing to/from my head, or something similar..

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanAryannePeriluna
  • Another one is sudden temperature changes if you were fiddling with the water on your shower at the time. I sometimes have to have a couple of seconds lingering in the doorways of air-conditioned buildings if it's really hot outside.

Politics
    Periluna
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    #australiaproblems

Riluo
  • His mom was supposed to help us move. She ran into some personal issues and said she couldn't do it. She gave us enough money to cover her end. All of that's fine but it's a week before the move so we're scrambling to get a hitch put on his Jeep. He goes to buy a hitch at Autozone- they say they have the hitch and my boyfriend pays for it. We get to the shop and they tell us it's the wrong hitch and they'd have to specially order one but it would take 8 days. Shop refuses to wire the Jeep without putting on the hitch.

Obviously we don't have 8 days. Autozone and every other place within a four hour drive says the same thing. We call a Jeep dealer and they don't get back to us. We drive down there to figure out what's going on and they said they couldn't find it to order it (?). I get a hit on a hitch at a uhaul place in Clarksville, two hours away.

We drive all the way there after we confirmed TWICE that they have it and it's reserved to find out they have the Jeep but not the bolt package because of safety reasons. They'll wire the Jeep but they can't put on the hitch because of company policy. After yelling at them, they give us a $20.00 discount 'for our trouble'. We buy the hitch but we have to spend $19.00 on bolts and ask our friend to put on the hitch. We finally put all of that on and by the time we get home, we're 9 hours behind schedule and we've been behind ever since. Ugh.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ishin
  • edited December 2014
    So, my microwave decided to give up the ghost. Most of the buttons no longer work, including the defrost buttons, most of the numbers, and the power setting button, the latter being my backup in case of the failure of the former. Not earth-shattering, but rather inconvenient. I ended up manually defrosting a two pound tube of ground turkey over the stovetop. That means standing in front of the pan with hot grease flying while I rolled the tube and scraped off the cooked/defrosted bits. For half an hour. Just to make things perfect, even disregarding the many minor burns I collected, the handle of the pan I was using fell off about ten minutes in. I would have transferred the turkey to another pan, but it was too hot to take off the stovetop, and my oven mitts grew legs. Yay.

EDIT: Only afterwards was I informed of the proper way to defrost over stovetop. And now I feel pants-on-head stupid.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Ishin
  • Got into a "fight" with a former friend. Short version is he made mad and I walked away from him so I WOULDN'T hit him while he kept screaming hit me hit me hit me just hit me dude it will make you feel better. So I fractured his cheek bone/broke my hand. He turns around and gets mad at me for doing it. W/e we're no longer friends. 2 weeks later cops show up to my house with a warrant for my arrest. I wasn't home at the time but when I found out I turned myself in like the outstanding citizen I am because I thought the jack ass pressed charges, only to sit in jail all day for no reason after I pointed out that while the warrant had my exact name on it that the SSN was wrong, the birth date was wrong, height, weight, eye color, etc. The warrant was for someone else on the other side of the state who just happened to share my name. I turned myself in because I thought the other guy pressed charges so to the cops it all looked shady. Finally got out with only one apology for the mix up 6-7 hours later. Was a great Monday.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin
  • Draiman said:

Got into a "fight" with a former friend. Short version is he made mad and I walked away from him so I WOULDN'T hit him while he kept screaming hit me hit me hit me just hit me dude it will make you feel better. So I fractured his cheek bone/broke my hand. He turns around and gets mad at me for doing it. W/e we're no longer friends. 2 weeks later cops show up to my house with a warrant for my arrest. I wasn't home at the time but when I found out I turned myself in like the outstanding citizen I am because I thought the jack ass pressed charges, only to sit in jail all day for no reason after I pointed out that while the warrant had my exact name on it that the SSN was wrong, the birth date was wrong, height, weight, eye color, etc. The warrant was for someone else on the other side of the state who just happened to share my name. I turned myself in because I thought the other guy pressed charges so to the cops it all looked shady. Finally got out with only one apology for the mix up 6-7 hours later. Was a great Monday.

Something similar happened to my dad a few years ago, except it was on a holiday weekend. He got put in jail, and was stuck there the entire weekend since there was no judge for him to talk to about the mistake until the following Monday. When they looked into it, they realized there was a typo in the social security number and let him go with a pat on the back and a, "Whoops, our bad."
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Draiman
  • :( Minor rage. I really like all of the shiny new colours, but with the change, the colour on htells and a few other clans broke. This is fixable, as Oleis pointed out, by turning MXP on. But that makes everyone's housetells but mine have clickable links, which -also- bothers me because the clickable ones are underlined. >.> Gruh.
    imageimage
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Draiman - You'd think a cop would be able to read.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneDraiman
  • I hate being sick. Its a confusing sick too, no idea what I have. I can't get motivated in the morning to go water the flowers, or jog before work. I also hurt.my shoulder the night before last. Every time I sleep, I wake up and its back to being worse after I try and loosen the really knotted muscles that are pulling.

Not looking forward to work either. Check cashing. Christmas bonus checks.
    IshinEmelleErzsebet