MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Move to Canada, the government sells the booze here!
  • Someone grabbed me by my prominent wrist today (note, I have very tiny wrists) and jerked it wrong (unintentional). It's been hurting ever since.

Mildly pissed off.
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    Somehow my coworker got a sinus infection that's so bad he knew three days ago he wouldn't be coming in. So I had to split his shift yesterday and today with the day guy. So after the 13 hour shift last night and the 12 hour shift today (I'm smacking the idiot who came up with daylight savings) I feel like I'm -dying-. Not from exertion, mind you, but inactivity, because I'm stuck at a desk in a 4ft guardshack all night.  I slept for somethin' like 9 hours today, but still feel like I haven't slept at all, which really ticks me off.

Not to mention  how the coworker told the boss he was ill and wasn't coming into work for 3 days, which requires a doctors note (which we know he won't get) and that puts him at his weekend, so we're working 12 hour shifts to support him ggetting 4 days off (he ended up working the first day) ontop of him insisting he get 5 days off the end of the month to go to the reno comiccon. (Which means I can't go, because I'll be forced to cover for him, even though it's on a day I already have off.)

I understand you get sick and all, but in the last year he's taken 2 months of time off. WTF.

I can't even get a day off exta to clean my house, because no one else will show up to work reliably, and my boss has decided that I'm the only one that has to do consistent ot. (Not to mention come right out and admitted that she know's I'm pissed about it (I mean, I told her flat out) and doesnt' care, because she 'cant make anyone else do it, they have lives'.

*grumble*

On the plus side, I did ask for a transferr from the office, but they've just transfered my husband to a site that they're losing the end of the month, so it's a toss up as to where either of us will go and if we'll get hours.

Guess it's a good thing we moved to the cheaper place.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Volka said:

Somehow my coworker got a sinus infection that's so bad he knew three days ago he wouldn't be coming in. So I had to split his shift yesterday and today with the day guy. So after the 13 hour shift last night and the 12 hour shift today (I'm smacking the idiot who came up with daylight savings) I feel like I'm -dying-. Not from exertion, mind you, but inactivity, because I'm stuck at a desk in a 4ft guardshack all night.  I slept for somethin' like 9 hours today, but still feel like I haven't slept at all, which really ticks me off.

Not to mention  how the coworker told the boss he was ill and wasn't coming into work for 3 days, which requires a doctors note (which we know he won't get) and that puts him at his weekend, so we're working 12 hour shifts to support him ggetting 4 days off (he ended up working the first day) ontop of him insisting he get 5 days off the end of the month to go to the reno comiccon. (Which means I can't go, because I'll be forced to cover for him, even though it's on a day I already have off.)

I understand you get sick and all, but in the last year he's taken 2 months of time off. WTF.

I can't even get a day off exta to clean my house, because no one else will show up to work reliably, and my boss has decided that I'm the only one that has to do consistent ot. (Not to mention come right out and admitted that she know's I'm pissed about it (I mean, I told her flat out) and doesnt' care, because she 'cant make anyone else do it, they have lives'.

*grumble*

On the plus side, I did ask for a transferr from the office, but they've just transfered my husband to a site that they're losing the end of the month, so it's a toss up as to where either of us will go and if we'll get hours.

Guess it's a good thing we moved to the cheaper place.

Last time i checked, here in the Commonwealth it's a privilege to work for an employer. And if you don't show up for work, they can and will fucking fire your ass. To be frank, it sounds like you need one of these 'lives' as well, because fuck getting walked on by a bunch of lazy ass scrubs, much less a bitch ass boss who doesn't have the balls to enforce proper attendance at work.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Volka
  • It's officially declared that I'll have to take an extra semester of college to make up my credit requirements, which is a huge bummer. I don't want to be stuck in school for another semester, I just want to get a job and start working. HNNNNNG.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    IshinSollace
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • Was completely wrecked by questions at the end of my presentation of a project I have been working on for the last two weeks rather excessively. Basically makes me feel like all the work I put into it was for naught. Have another presentation tomorrow for the regional people, so it should be a lot better, but I have lost all motivation right now because I gave it my best shot and apparently fell way short. Way way short. Like, "what have you even been doing the last two weeks?" short.

I can't tell if I am disappointed in myself because I should have done something different, or if it actually was the best I could do given the circumstances and I am just not up to snuff. I also don't know which one is worse... 

• edited November 2014
    Emelle said:

@Aldric: Any chance you could get in somewhere part time while you're finishing up?

I'm actually planning on moving out of state as soon as I finish this degree, so that would be a little difficult. Most of what I'm looking to do isn't necessarily within driving distance of the school :/

EDIT: By that I mean in regards to a major-related job/career type thing. I've got 2 jobs now and am in the process of landing a 3rd, but I mean that I'm ready to start using this degree and establishing myself.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Was completely wrecked by questions at the end of my presentation of a project I have been working on for the last two weeks rather excessively. Basically makes me feel like all the work I put into it was for naught. Have another presentation tomorrow for the regional people, so it should be a lot better, but I have lost all motivation right now because I gave it my best shot and apparently fell way short. Way way short. Like, "what have you even been doing the last two weeks?" short.

I can't tell if I am disappointed in myself because I should have done something different, or if it actually was the best I could do given the circumstances and I am just not up to snuff. I also don't know which one is worse... 

Knowing you, I'm pretty sure -you- did just fine. You can't turn a turd into a steak.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Sollace
  • I hate that feeling, @Alissandra‌ - I get it with tests lots. Study study study and they ask nothing about what you studied, instead they pick something else. Good news is, you've got another shot! Re-calibrate, adjust your aim, whatever you wanna call it - then blow 'em away.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • Having meds bounced around for a skin condition to the point that you have no drive to do anything but lay in the floor curled up in a ball. I might log in again, eventually. Just can't bring myself to do it right now.
  • Being sick and getting a bad migraine on top of that...so much pain.
    imageimage
    AlissandraIshinTragerObyn
  • Grandmother is in the hospital, again. Fell down, broke her hip. Found worse problems this time. She's completely weak, and my parents don't think she will be here much longer.
    Also get to listen to them tell me I have to face the facts, while they remind me how she probably won't be here for my wedding, and having her remind me as well.

The only silver lining to the story is my sister coming home in a few days. Haven't seen her since April, and I'm 100% positive it'll put a smile on my grandmother's face to see her.
    Alissandra
  • @Kaleigh‌ my like on your last post is to your sister coming home. Your grandma breaking get hip is awful. 
    Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    A metal slide post of a heavy gate was stuck so I really heaved it to open, which it did, slamming my thumb between it and the metal bracket above it. It's quite purple and on my dominate hand. I'm realizing how often my thumb gets pressure applied to it. Ouch
    TragerIshin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    That I'm still just feeling bleh after 6 days. Not pain, maybe discomfort a little, but mostly just bleh..nauseated and crappy.

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    My far too vivid dreams and nightmares. (lbr, they're just nightmares)

Ordered 2 vegetarian wraps for lunch since they are a little small. Got back to the jobsite to find there's no veggies on these. YOU HAD ONE JOB TO DO!!!
    Sollace
  • . So it was a tortilla?
    Sollace
    Just gave me cheese and sliced egg
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Maybe they thought they were doing you a favor.

Unhappy Jensen
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    This strapping young lad is clearly being FORCED to consume his vegetables!

Brother, let us ease his plight somewhat, and pile on those things which are pleasing, rather than the vile vegetable.

:( not fun when you have a veggie heavy diet
  • I haaate, haaaaaaate that feeling of having to wait to find the results of something. I have this horrible habit of sitting and stewing, and having a tendency to assume the worst the longer I wait.

Job interviews are a particularly crappy source of this, but fff it applies to everything.
    AlissandraTeaniIshin
    I feel your pain, @Aldric. After many attempts to get a job, I finally got one interview at a place. Waited another week and a half or so for a 'We're sorry, it was a tough choice but we went with another candidate.'
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I've been looking forward to this day for ages now. Gonna visit my friends grave for the first time and then go to his nieces baptism. And what happens? I got this pinched nerve in my lower back that makes me practically immobile. It took me 10 minutes to put on pants and socks. I'm not gonna miss out on todays events, but omg, this is literally gonna be a pain in the ass.

• I made one comment to my roommates about being willing to sacrifice myself for the country if it came to it when I got a job for the government, and they called the police on me. I spent 2 hours talking to the police convincing them that I had no plans to kill myself tonight, plus time on the crisis intervention hotline doing the same.

..ffs folks. That's time I'll never get back. I understand that you had the best of intentions, but hnnng. If I wanted to kill myself, I wouldn't be talking to you guys.
    TeaniIshin
  • Wait, wasn't he giving credits away the other day? Oh damn, I think we need to call someone..
  • I killed my horse hunting the stallions in Tiyen.

-_-
    I mean, you know, an amount.