Comments

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
  • Sibatti said:

Life.

^^ Word.

imageimage
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    edited October 2014
    Just recently, I logged in for the first time in twenty-one days, according to our nifty little inactivity tracker.

It's been a very difficult month. We knew our father was basically slowly killing himself through alcohol but things came to a head very recently. This man, six feet tall and over two hundred pounds of muscle, was the most sturdy and reliable figure in my life. Seeing him out of the hospital, arms so skinny I could circle them in my index and thumb, too weak to get off the couch, was more than I could bear.

I've been a very fake person as of late. I don't take sympathy very well and I don't know what to do but act like I'm positive and everything's okay. I still don't really feel like logging in to Aetolia. I'm very sorry for this.
  • That sucks, @trigru. I've been there, and as much as I know it never helps to say that, or to even offer consolation, it's there. I don't really know you, but feel free to hit me up if you need to work through it.
  • @trigru - that sucks. And, in attempted lieu of sympathy, just, ya know, know none of us think you have any need to apologize

RL is always > Aetolia

TeaniAldricEmelle
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Not going to offer sympathy then, just going to remind @Trigru that you're awesome
    Trigru
  • "She's pretty for a fat girl." "No she's not." -Guys outside of lecture hall today. 

When I turned around and started walking toward them, of course they get spooked and walk off. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Being so nervous for my surgeries on Thursday that it keeps distracting me. Meh.

• I don't like talking to my mother when she's had alcohol - and I can always tell. Always. Even if it isn't that much.

Having an important conversation during which, is frustrating.
    ElieIshinTeani
  • I know what you mean, @Nola‌. I've had to institute a policy (which only I know about - telling her about it would be a bad idea) that I don't answer the phone when my mom calls after 9:00PM, because I know that she'll be drunk, and we'll fight, and I can't deal with it anymore.

And then, last week, I answered the phone to her at about 7:30, and... she and my step-dad were both drunk. And we had a fight. So now I don't know how I can talk to my parents at all.

• wrangled a doctor's apt yesterday. So the first four things I was getting over wasn't enough, apparently, because I just got put back on antibiotics for strep throat and the ear infection that won't go away.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • While I'm sick, friend let me use their Netflix acct for my laptop. Only...it asks me to download Microsoft Silverlight, then when I go to install it, it says it's already installed. I still can't watch tv. I tried to go in the start menu, search Silverlight and delete it from my computer, but can't figure out if that's considered uninstalling it or not. Repeated tries to download do the exact same thing. Help?

I also cannot for the life of me figure out how to download Forge for Minecraft, or how to tell which version I've got since usually what I do to get in there is just go to https://minecraft.net/play and login. UGH. I'm not stupid, I don't know why I can't figure this out.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Start -> get to control panel -> add/remove/uninstall program, find Silverlight on the list. Click uninstall. Should take you all the way through!

Also, my rage is that my pizza is gone bad after like 2 days and I'm still hungry. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited November 2014
    Why is KFC not open 24 hours. Where the eff am I supposed to get chicken at two-thirty in the morning. THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE, DAMN IT.

Edit: In related rage, why don't I have anyone to talk to at two-thirty in the morning. I thought we were supposed to be overrun with Australians around here. Isn't it your shift, Antipodes?

• Yes, but you see dropbears get on the piss on the weekends and get a little more pesky. Cheeky buggers, had one blighter waddle right through one of me windas and tried to claw me face off. Haha.. good fun.

Politics
    RiluoEleanorEmelleElieTrigruAryanneSibattiObynNola
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    don't joke about that, my mate bazza died that way.

RiluoEmelleTrigruAryanneObynNola
  • Crikey.

Politics
    RiluoEleanorEmelleObynNola
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Bugger!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

EleanorObyn
  • Did you at least save the Rumbos?

Politics
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Oh god I can't handle this.
    AldricSetneAryanneAarbrokObynIshinNolaArbre
  • Gaddamat, @gwenith. I went over that like four times thinking I was just misreading. What a post to read first thing in the morning, rofl.
    Ishin
  • Can anyone else smell Vegemite?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I am out of alcohol. The new state that I live in does not sell it on Sundays. I must brave things and buy it today to have it for tonight and tomorrow! GRRRR!
    Elie
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'm angry that I've been hunting like fifteen or twenty times since bow season opened and the only things I've seen are two younger bucks that I didn't have a shot on. And one doe trying to haul ass across the road. WHERE ALL THE DEER AT YO.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • who gives a crap about the doe. SHOOT THE UNICORN.
    TozAryanneIshin
  • Good news: I finish commission yaaaay!
    Bad news: Ohgodmyback I'm not used to sitting like that for so long anymore. AAUGWAAH. Need massage plz.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Waking up from a nap and both of my shoulders and both of my knees aching. Ugh. Gtfoff me.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Alissandra
  • I am out of alcohol. The new state that I live in does not sell it on Sundays. I must brave things and buy it today to have it for tonight and tomorrow! GRRRR!

Uuuugh dry counties why do you exist. You need to move at once. That's a dealbreaker, ladies.

Aryanne
  • Elie said:

I am out of alcohol. The new state that I live in does not sell it on Sundays. I must brave things and buy it today to have it for tonight and tomorrow! GRRRR!

Uuuugh dry counties why do you exist. You need to move at once. That's a dealbreaker, ladies.
    Don't know why they refuse to sell alcohol on Sundays... because... you know... what if you run out of Communion Wine or something? I suppose the benefit then is you know it isn't going to be a bottle of Boone's Farm or something from the liquor shop down the street!

I've been to a 100% dry county before... THAT is dumb. Bad, bad place to be. Terrible.
    Elie