MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I've been up for this job for nearly a month and a half. I've passed all of their background checks, their health tests, my references have checked out, they told me my three interviews were great, and then they tell me yesterday that my availability - which they've had since the first step and have asked me about in all three interviews - makes things complicated. Then they say that even when they make an offer, my orientation will be January 5th. The process is mostly necessary and that's not my rage; my rage is how hard it is on my wallet and how anxiety provoking it is. :/

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

IshinSollace
  • Been gone a little while now, well off and on really.
    Sister came home for the holidays, so everything was going pretty good. But the trouble comes when we talk about my grandmother. Her 'man friend' is causing us more grief than is worth, for quite literally the past month now. The thing I don't get is that we have treated him like a member of our family for the past fifteen years and now he is acting like this? Causing more stress, anger and headaches than I (personally) have ever experienced in my lifetime. Can only imagine what my parents must be going through.
    Isn't it bad enough that we get to spend a shorter amount of time with the woman on Christmas day this year? Yay to the building she's in having a flu epidemic! Guess we -all- get to be sick for the holidays. Not to mention she thinks that we all hate her. Double woo. :(
    I don't want to complain. I actually hate it, but this has seriously gotten to the point of no return. Sorry guys, just needed a rant from the busy/stressful month.
    For what it's worth, I do wish you all the very best over the holidays and into the new year! Bring it on 2015! (<- see, I can be positive too!)
  • Go to OB office to find out my shot was misscheduled. Not just that, my appointment for Monday was screwed up. Now I'm going to have to go to an office 30 minutes away on Tuesday and am still waiting for word on my shot. I just..meh. I still have so much to do today..
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Seems I got a giftbag at some point, but being super busy with work made me miss it, and it decayed earlier today :(

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    The sheer amount of shitty weather we're getting here right now. It's literally raining so hard that it or the cloud cover is interfering with my cellular signal and giving me craploads of lag :|
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SollaceOleis
  • @Setne, whatever was in the bag will likely be in your inventory.

• The one thing I absolutely hate about the holidays.

At family gatherings.

When people snipe the most UNFLATTERING PICTURE OF YOU POSSIBLE, and then post it on facebook, tagged and all, for all the people you know to see - all the people who haven't see you since you lost ALL THAT WEIGHT, but this picture makes it seem like you never lost it all.

And here I was okay with where I am, and how much chocolate I allowed myself to eat on Christmas.

Thank you for destroying my self-esteem, facebook holiday pictures that no one should ever see, ever.

• It is all but impossible to search for Celesmas trees on anything but my computer. I hate feeling like I can't take advantage of the promotion because of the holidays. Bah. Hopefully I get to shoot something to make up for it. 
    Ishin
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    @Nola: The most important thing is that -you're- content with yourself, bb. Appearance is one of the many (some might argue smaller) parts of a person's worth. Haters gonna hate, etc.
    TragerHavenErzsebetIshinMelanthaNola
  • Can also untag yourself, so the 'damage' is limited to just your family, more or less. Though I'm sure you look lovely regardless--you're a beautiful woman. :)
    imageimage
    IshinEmelleNola
  • edited December 2014
    Would you do @nola?

Cause I'd do Nola.

That was supposed to be a creepy Silence of the Lambs thing, but oh well. They can't all be zingers!
    ErzsebetTragerIshinAldricSetneNolaTenshyo
  • Tonight, I rage over sudden anxiety keeping me awake. I get anxious about things I am powerless to change, or at least damn near irrelevant toward solutions. So frustrating.

TragerIshin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited December 2014
    I rage that the ONE day I go do adult shit all day, important things happen in-game. Also rage that among those things, I topped off my depo shot, and am again ever on the precipice of crazy. Also rage that my arm hurts where I got the shot, my back hurts from carrying two boxes worth of stuff on my back, my face hurts from teeth pain, and my legs hurt from...not sure what, exactly, walking around for 7 hours and/or standing up for long periods of time in the below-freezing cold as I waited for the stupid buses in this city, maybe?

Rage that I need to go out tomorrow, too.

Rage that my packing isn't done when there's 'tolia stuff I want to tend to.
    imageimage
  • Locking the one key in existence to the rental truck in the cab. Locksmiths are apparently the most expensive hourly profession known to man. Why am I bothering to learn how to advance research on curing cancer when I could make a killing off of people locked out of their vehicles? 

Probably because I like brain challenges and maybe doing something awesome. Happy New Years. 
    IshinAryanne
  • A lot of times you can have a cop jimmy that thing. I've yet to meet one that doesn't have a slimjim in his cruiser.
    DraimanIshin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Rilath said:

Locking the one key in existence to the rental truck in the cab. Locksmiths are apparently the most expensive hourly profession known to man. Why am I bothering to learn how to advance research on curing cancer when I could make a killing off of people locked out of their vehicles? 

Probably because I like brain challenges and maybe doing something awesome. Happy New Years. 

What @Rashar said. I usually just call the local Sheriff's dept and be like, 'Bro, please. I locked my keys in my shit, please. Come jimmy this thing for me.'
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Sigh. Getting pressure on one side to participate in an event I hate (centered exclusively around bashing so far) and now I'm being forced to participate in PK too. Some of it completely random. Sigh.

Not a dig at Trager/Rashar, they at least have legit reasons for it.
    imageimage
  • edited January 2015
    If you have an autoclub (or whatever you call it in the states..the guys who help you for free when you break down because you're a member) call them. They jimmied my door when I locked my keys it. It was very embarassing, dude was hot and I had bikinis and clothes all over my back seat. Lesson learned : Always keep your car tidy incase someone has to jimmy the lock.

Politics
    Ishin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My mother's side of the family is a mess of issues that I don't even know where to begin. It basically comes down to my grandparents playing favorites with their children, and my mother not being the favorite. I'm fiercely protective of my mother, so I don't put up with this shit well. (This is ignoring the fact that they didn't even make an appearance at my wedding that was a couple of miles from their house.) Now we find out, indirectly because no one cares enough to tell us what is going on with the family, that my grandfather has lung cancer that's metastasized to his bones. At his age and frailty, I doubt they're gonna do anything about it, which means he's going to die sooner rather than later. This leaves me in the position of deciding whether or not to go visit him before he dies and whether or not to go to his funereal. Maybe I'm not the better person, but I don't think I'm gonna go. They died years ago to me. I'm just... hollow.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    *hugs @Arbre*

Also, the reason there is no longer an Ankyrean Anguish thread (The place where we used to complain about game-related issues) is because it was shut down. Please don't clutter up the other OOC rage thread with game related things. Perhaps we could start up a combat discussion thread if there is none already? Inside the section called Sparring grounds?

Aryanne
  • Roseola
    Specifically, why'd she have to have it during my first week off in 6 months?
  • @Zsadist Re:Forced. The way the admin have set this event up, I feel like I -have- to participate. And if I have to participate, that means I'm also forced to deal with anyone who wants to PK me for said participation.
    imageimage
  • Woke up to my roommate having used the last of the coffee for the espresso machine. Had to make it with regular coffee. It was a morning breaker.

My fault for assuming I can drink like a 300 pound man. Or mixing wine, Jameson, vodka and champagne in the same night. My split personality, #whitegirlwastedWENDY likes to drink all the things.

New Years Resolution: Don't drink next New Years.
    RasharIshin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I was having issues with connection yesterday, and somewhere in it, I think I managed to drop and lose around 300,000 slices.
  • Sarita said:

I was having issues with connection yesterday, and somewhere in it, I think I managed to drop and lose around 300,000 slices.

Message me IG when you are out of coffin.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I rage that there's too much game-related fuss in the rage thread. Also, now I'm sad, because my daughter has left me after the holidays. :(

Ashmer
  • I hate paying a sizeable chunk of my income for internet only for it to still in 2015 go down at random times for hours on end. Really wanted to bash before work. Ugh.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • edited January 2015
    I think I got most of the PK discussion. Please keep this to OOC raging, as it is what it is intended for. If you want to get into that PK discussion, go here:

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1749/pk-discussion-from-rage-split#latest
    MalokIshinValenae
  • I hate the anxiety that comes with playing this game sometimes. As a player, and an org leader, I feel obligated to participate in this event. But, real life. In the middle of moving again, with all the stress that -that- entails, so my participation is going to grind to a complete halt in a couple of days.

...also hnnnngh, moving stress.
    imageimage