MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I managed to sew my finger with a sewing machine and some blue thread in Jr. High.

Most of my rages are aetolia-based, but. It's cold here at night/morning, to the point where I need two blankets and a jacket to sleep, but I can't sleep past two or so, because the daytime's been heating up a lot, and I wake up boiling.
    imageimage
    Ishin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Because they ACT LIKE THAT, @Moirean! I swear, it's their own parents fault. I get at least or more than half of my new students coming in with their parents when they have to do their entrance exams. Most of the time their parents do most of the talking. It's ridiculous.

Moirean
  • Our Barracuda server, which handles our nightly offsite and onsite backup has been down for close to a month, and out for a repair for the majority of that. We got the server back in sometime yesterday and I picked it up from our Shipping and Receiving guy this morning. Come to find out they didn't repair the old one, they just RMA'd us out a whole new server, which means we need to configure the damn thing and set up our nightly backups from scratch. Uuuuugh.

But they sent us a t-shirt that my boss said I could have, so I guess that's nice.
  • Obyn said:

Our Barracuda server, which handles our nightly offsite and onsite backup has been down for close to a month, and out for a repair for the majority of that. We got the server back in sometime yesterday and I picked it up from our Shipping and Receiving guy this morning. Come to find out they didn't repair the old one, they just RMA'd us out a whole new server, which means we need to configure the damn thing and set up our nightly backups from scratch. Uuuuugh.

But they sent us a t-shirt that my boss said I could have, so I guess that's nice.

Ugh, I always was afraid of this sort of thing when I sent things out to RMA. Hopefully it's easy enough to get going again.
    Volka
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    The sheer amount of effort it takes for me to operate on the level of a life-works, normal human being is staggering sometimes. I wonder how much of it is how much I expect workability out of my own life and how much of that is my ADHD. I refuse to be medicated and be dependent on it, but man. Not really a "mad," but definitely impacted by it today.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinEmelle
  • Mael said:

Obyn said:

Our Barracuda server, which handles our nightly offsite and onsite backup has been down for close to a month, and out for a repair for the majority of that. We got the server back in sometime yesterday and I picked it up from our Shipping and Receiving guy this morning. Come to find out they didn't repair the old one, they just RMA'd us out a whole new server, which means we need to configure the damn thing and set up our nightly backups from scratch. Uuuuugh.

Ugh, I always was afraid of this sort of thing when I sent things out to RMA. Hopefully it's easy enough to get going again.
    Thanks. Supposedly they're going to schedule an appointment to help us get back to where we were. I'm just glad that we have redundant servers right now in the event that something goes wrong. Granted, that doesn't help us if someone screws up and deletes some majorly important stuff but...it's something.
    Ashmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    /root @trololol -nopreserve

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    How long it took me and how difficult it was to post in the cake thread.
    Ashmer
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Doublepost. The amount of hypomania I've been having lately. Like it was fun at first, but now it's getting exhausting and I can't stop. It's much, much, much better than depression, but it makes me worried I'll go true manic and that's scary shit.
    Ashmer
  • Ugh. Hate the new output of directory all . It makes it so much harder to actually find anything.
    imageimage
  • As much as I love this place, the internet situation is.. man.

Finally log on with a computer, get a lesser just to watch the trainwreck of @ellenia slowly crushing my face. :( Hell, I thought the fight would be over by the time I got done deffing up.

*shakefist*
    *continues playing Aetolia via messenger pigeon*
    IshinAshmerEmelle
  • Still don't have net at home. So tired. Can't go home for another hour or two, yet. Ordinarily I'd ask my roomie if we could go early, but she's got a meeting at 8:30.

It wouldn't be so bad--I'm on a sleep schedule that keeps me awake til 8:00, 8:30 or so on the regular anyway, except that yesterday morning, at like 6:30, I decided, oh hey, Immuh look at this new Civ gave, and then I blinked and it was noooon. And then I woke up at four. Zombie Kira. Eesh. Plus I've taken eight naproxyn and half a vicodin in the past four hours because my toothache is killing me. I need a job, so I can fix my tooth before it infects my jaw and my brain and murders my face.
    imageimage
    Malok
  • Kicking ass all week running daily, working out, eating HEALTHY, hardly drinking, wake up today like BAM HEY EAR INFECTION, TEMPERATURE AND SORE THROAT. THANKS. FOR EVERYTHING.
    TragerAshmer
  • There are some days, where I just hate people.

Most of them, anyway. But I suspect -that- addendum belongs in the love thread.
    imageimage
    IshinMalok
  • I hate having a headache all day, going to sleep early last night because of how much it hurt, and then waking up super early right now. I got my sleep in, but I feel like crap because it's early. Rargh. I'm not a morning person.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Ishin
  • edited January 2015
    So... Sisters' dogs got let out to do their business. They both take it in their heads to hop the invisible fence and go for a run. I got called and asked to corral them. I got the puppy pretty quickly, but the older one ran me around the neighborhood. None of the usual ploys worked. She ended up trying to cross the street because she had no road sense whatsoever. She's tried before and I was able to stop her, but not this time. She was hit twice, while me and my little sister watched. She ran home and collapsed at the base of the stairs. She didn't make it. I know there was really nothing any of us could do, but it happened on my watch, and that really gets me. My sisters are both a wreck, and my little sister is supposed to be going to basic like this week. I'm numb.

Edited because I still care about spelling and grammar. Heh.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • @Melantha That's horrible. I'm sorry :(
    AryanneAshmerErzsebetZsadistMoireanPerilunaIshin
  • @Obyn Mn. I appreciate it. I think I'll be fine. I always react the same way to this kind of thing. But I never really know how to console the ones that are really grieving. I don't want to put my foot in my mouth and make things worse.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Ashmer
  • People who can't understand the difference between a long sentence and a run-on. Urrf. This happens everywhere, from Aet, to realworld stuff. I get that I write long sentences, but they're not automatically run-ons because of length.
    imageimage
    Malok
  • Step sister got knocked up by a complete douche who stole her car, begged for an abortion, and ignored her after she had the child. She dropped out of college, moved back home, bummed off my dad for 2 years solid and finally got a job not to long ago. Throughout these 3 years she's more or less ignored her child and let my step-mom raise it, but she still likes to judge other moms and women she sees and act as if she's perfect. I've had to drop what I'm doing many times throughout a single day to go save my nephews from himself because his mom has her turtle beaches on in full raid mode on WoW and can't be fucked to see why he is crying or what he's doing. She likes to call him sweet little pet names like "little shit" and "douchebag" and tell him he's just like his father. He's 3. He's fucking 3 years old you stupid cunt. Tipping point tonight was when she called my real sister a whore for sleeping with her boyfriend, saying that she slept with him just to get a Christmas present. No, people in relations just kind of do that. I know that's a concept she must find hard to grasp considering she hasn't talked to anyone in any other medium except guild chat in the last 3 years, but w/e.

If this bitch opens her mouth one more time to my nephew like that or says another thing about my sister you'll probably never hear from me again.

"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Draiman said:

Step sister got knocked up by a complete douche who stole her car, begged for an abortion, and ignored her after she had the child. She dropped out of college, moved back home, bummed off my dad for 2 years solid and finally got a job not to long ago. Throughout these 3 years she's more or less ignored her child and let my step-mom raise it, but she still likes to judge other moms and women she sees and act as if she's perfect. I've had to drop what I'm doing many times throughout a single day to go save my nephews from himself because his mom has her turtle beaches on in full raid mode on WoW and can't be fucked to see why he is crying or what he's doing. She likes to call him sweet little pet names like "little shit" and "douchebag" and tell him he's just like his father. He's 3. He's fucking 3 years old you stupid cunt. Tipping point tonight was when she called my real sister a whore for sleeping with her boyfriend, saying that she slept with him just to get a Christmas present. No, people in relations just kind of do that. I know that's a concept she must find hard to grasp considering she hasn't talked to anyone in any other medium except guild chat in the last 3 years, but w/e.

If this bitch opens her mouth one more time to my nephew like that or says another thing about my sister you'll probably never hear from me again.

Do what your heart tells you is right, bro.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Except don't murder anyone plzkthnx.
    AryanneEmelleIshinPerilunaAldricArbreSetne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited January 2015
    Sounds like the kid needs to be moved to a place with more love and compassion away from that so called mother. If I was close by, I'd offer to help!

Edited to add my own (minor) rage. I hate my internet connection here. It keeps shutting down all the time. Also, I'm on new meds, hoping to finally tackle my issues with feeling down, stressed and anxious. We'll see how that goes.

EmelleIshinMariena
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    People suck, just keep being awesome @Draiman
    [Deleted User]Ishin
  • I figured I'd try talking, whether or not it'll help improve anything for me.

Pain is an awful sort of thing. Some say it teaches lessons, and I believe that to a healthy extent it does.
    Some say it gets better with time, and in a lot of cases, that too is true.

But this sort of pain isn't going away, isn't easing up. It clutches and it gnaws and it persists.

I'm sure some of you know what it's like, breaking down every night, throughout the little parts of the day when no one is there to see it, and then having to force yourself back together and go and do and be.

All I can say is I'm trying, but I don't know if it'd qualify as living. I'm heading into two weeks now, and I still break every single day. Little things, reminders all over the place, distractions not enough - or maybe the distractions themselves are reminders. To have someone so integrated in my life, thinking it was a sealed deal. Maybe that was a mistake? I hate all these holes. I don't hate the person, or the love. I hate the sense of loss, deep regret, failure and defeat, hopelessness, betrayal, abandonment, confusion, anguish, and lack of self worth.

I build up my motivation as high as I can, knowing that by the end of the day, it'll all but be completely gone. Sleep comes restless.

I'm not looking for things like, 'It'll get better', 'Give it time', or any of the like. I'd actually rather I never hear those words again.

Because I'm in the present right now, and it hurts a whole unicorns of a lot.

Ishin
  • Man. We need a +hug button. :/
    imageimage
    IshinAryanneTragerEmelleHavenMarienaNola
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited January 2015
    [Disclaimer: Well-intentioned but unsolicited advice incoming]

@Nola: This may sound counterintuitive, or maybe even nonsensical, but try not to invest in hating your pain -- it's a form of attachment that actually does the opposite of what you want it to by making it more entrenched. It sounds like you're already taking the best approach, which is to get on with the business of living and carry that pain with you. Try to be compassionate to yourself, especially by refusing that struggle against unpleasant experience. This too shall pass.
    IshinRasharAshmerAryanneDamonicusHavenTeaniNolaMelantha
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I want to whine. I have a stomach flu thing. It hurts, I hurt. I haven't kept anything down, all day. Not even the three saltines or the half-piece of toast that was given to me by my mom. Nor anything I've drank today.