MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I appreciate everything everyone has said. Thank you.

On a second note. My grandmother was just taken to the ER for fluid build up making it to where she could hardly breathe, and nothing that usually worked was working at home to take it off. Generally I don't worry about this sort of thing, perhaps its just that I've adapted to the unpredictability of a heart patient's health, especially with considerable age. But if life has taught me anything, it's that nothing is safe or guaranteed.

Please keep my family in your thoughts as well.
    Melantha
  • Burying pets. :/
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

IshinJensenMelanthaAryanneTeaniValenaeMinaret
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    So I had knee surgery last year after tearing my ACL and messing up a couple of other things in the process. I spent a long time in physical therapy, and am still really learning how to handle things like jumping and jogging/running. About a week ago, I was doing a jog/sprint sort of thing on a perfectly flat sidewalk when I felt something painful pulling around my kneecap, and later that day, I found that it was bruised. I'm pretty sure I did some damage, so I took things easy, but it's still painful when I'm moving.

I'm annoyed because I don't know what I could have possibly done, but I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure I did something that will probably involve a visit to the surgeon, an MRI, a follow up visit with the surgeon... I don't have an paid time off accrued at the moment, so arranging all that is going to be a nightmare.
  • Sarita said:

So I had knee surgery last year after tearing my ACL and messing up a couple of other things in the process. I spent a long time in physical therapy, and am still really learning how to handle things like jumping and jogging/running. About a week ago, I was doing a jog/sprint sort of thing on a perfectly flat sidewalk when I felt something painful pulling around my kneecap, and later that day, I found that it was bruised. I'm pretty sure I did some damage, so I took things easy, but it's still painful when I'm moving.

That sucks.

I'm currently in the process of finding/choosing health insurance because I have 2 bung knees (volleyball is rough on knees; who knew?) I can get the operation done through public health, but the physio won't be free and I need physio before as well as after. It's just too much.

It bugs me though - I have so many great memories playing sport, and this whole thing has made me regret doing anything but swimming.
    IshinAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Irruel - I feel the same about playing football. And, man. Don't get me started on military. T_T MY BODY SO BATTERED.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Jami
  • What do you mean running 15 miles a week plus rucking anywhere from 4-6 miles a week with a 50+ lb pack in boots, plus jumping out of airplanes and otherwise running around battering the fuck out of yourself is bad for you, @ishin? GTFOOO, before someone finds out!
    Rashar said:

What do you mean running 15 miles a week plus rucking anywhere from 4-6 miles a week with a 50+ lb pack in boots, plus jumping out of airplanes and otherwise running around battering the fuck out of yourself is bad for you, @ishin? GTFOOO, before someone finds out!

Don't forget jumping out the back of 7 tons with that same pack on, then doing a boots'n utes run for 4 miles, or any number of utterly stupid things that we probably shouldn't have been doing.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • And don't you fucking dare try getting treated for an injury. Sick call? During PT time? OH HAYL NO BOY. Just eat three prescription strength ibuprofen, smash a glass of water, and run until it stops hurting.
    IshinAryanneAshmer
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I feel like smashing a glass would just redirect the pain, instead of fix it...
    AryanneAshmer
    Rashar said:

And don't you fucking dare try getting treated for an injury. Sick call? During PT time? OH HAYL NO BOY. Just eat three prescription strength ibuprofen, smash a glass of water, and run until it stops hurting.

Oh, you just had two wisdom teeth pulled? Here, here's a few tabs of Tylenol 3. Don't ask me for anything else.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    They give T3 for EVERYTHING.
  • That's because the people at a regular BN sick call are nugs. :) Hell, I go somewhere with 8 dudes and I'm bringing ketamine, morphine, valium in tabs, valium for IV, midazolam, fentanyl lollipops and a few dozen percocets. Get hurt on my watch, bro. I'll have you talking to the wizard in no time.
    ZsadistArbreErzsebet[Deleted User]DraimanIshinEmelleAldricAshmer
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    My neighbor is flashing her high beams on and off in her driveway. For ten minutes. It's lighting my bedroom up. I have a very,  very long day tomorrow at work. I hope she's practicing Morse code because it better be a damn good reason.

IshinAryanne
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I want to go somewhere with @Rashar. 8 deep to the club?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Aldric
  • Haha, @trager, I more meant other countries or locations. I do not, in fact, take ketamine to the club.

Uuuuusually...
    AsaraiiAryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    We all know @trager wants to get 8 deep in with @rashar
    RasharTragerAldricAryanneHavenIshin
  • Psh. Boy ain't got what it takes.
    TragerIshinAshmer
  • This is both a love and a rage!

I'm finally graduating May 2016 (\o/) and I'm starting my preliminary graduation sweep. I'm looking into all things graduation - hair styles, graduation announcements, thank-you cards, cape/gown, diploma frames, party themes that I can obsessively plan in the mean time. :D

I've been keeping a running budget and graduation is very, very expensive. My school quotes me at nearly $100.00 for announcements alone. I'm looking into alternate places to have my announcements made and cheap-but-somewhat-elegant party themes. Still, all of that is going to cost me a lot of money. As naive as it sounds, I thought I would get a degree, maybe spend $100.00 or $200.00 on graduation festivities, and that would be that. Graduation is expensive, man!

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

IshinAryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You could just do some postcards and do them up in photoshop/an image editor through overnightprints.com

It depends on how festive you want to make things and the volume of people involved. Most people won't hold on to announcements, so a pretty email template might suffice - pick and choose what goes where, for folk who will appreciate the tangible and those who will meh at it.

ValenaeNolaAryanne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My computer has been on the edge of dying for awhile now. It finally pissed me off by overheating for no unicornsing reason (I was on zmud, pandora, and imgur) and I snapped. Flashdrived everything over to my husband's laptop (he uses his desktop solely now) and I'm set up here permanently. Thankful I had a spare computer and don't have to put up with its shit anymore, I guess. It also means that I don't have any more excuses to not use mudlet. So here goes... I'm learning lua.
    AishiaKendriAryanne
    @Arbre - Once you learn how Lua's logic path works, it's much simpler than zscript, imo. It took me a LONG time to get anywhere learning how to do shit in zscript, but I can write my own basic offenses in mudlet without much problem, and then refine them from there :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aldric
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    if scriptlang ~= "Lua" then send("suicide;agree") end

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • Ashmer said:

if scriptlang ~= "Lua" then send("suicide;agree") end

If oneLineNoSpacing then echo("\nPls put me out of my misery :(") end

*shakefist*

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Now do an entire offense on one line, and you have @Lim coding.

Draiman
  • For those curious as to what @Lim's "one line" offense is, it's one line of code in your system. if target == "Lim" then send("suicide;agree") end
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanIshin
  • You know, not to try and fly off into a rant but I really hate how most companies in America are ran these days. You have to put up with all the illegal or at the very least questionable things they do while you're employed there while they yell at you for a bunch of insignificant crap. I honestly don't know how some of these people are allowed to be in charge of anyone, let alone a store in a chain of a multinational company. It's rather disheartening and disgusting.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    KendriSetneVolkaPhoeneciaValenaeEmelleAryanne
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Sometimes, for various reasons, I start to feel a little invalidated because I work in education. But then I read things like ^, and I am just really grateful.
    Emelle is a teacher? Oh fantasies, stahp, pls.

ErzsebetIshinJensenSetne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Siiiick. Like a dozen people are out sick today but I'm still new and don't have pto so I'm sitting here in agony. I didn't even turn my computer on last night - went straight to bed and woke up feeling worse. :(
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    Urrrf. Still no net at home. Which, I usually leave daily with the roommate and come into town and hang out for 12 hours at the shop she owns for 'net, so it's more or less whatev. But yesterday, I decided to be nice and cook chicken in the oven for us to bring with us. On the one day she has to go in early, apparently. Usually we don't leave till 6, started cooking at 1, at 1:20 she rolls out and asks if I'm coming with--oven still has 40 minutes on it and she had things she had to take care of so couldn't wait. -.- Not mad at the roommate, to clarify. Just. Frustrating. Especially because I live 14 miles away from town, in the middle of nowhere, so walking isn't really feasible.

And today, I'm exausted, because the day -after- I miss a day, I have trouble getting to sleep, and trouble -staying- asleep because I'm terrified I'm going to oversleep and miss her leaving, because she's super reluctant to try to wake me up if I'm sleeping.

Another downside to the lack of Net? My phone -is- my computer. I pay like 60$ a year for my skype to have a number and be able to call landlines. So not having it at home during normal business hours, means it's damn near impossible for potential employers to call me for an interview, or call to offer me a job. Plus, 14 miles to town, means I require a ride in, which means I require a job that is exclusively afternoons/night shift. Which, I prefer these shifts anyway, but it's really limiting on the jobs I can take.

Was offered one that'd be 10-4 serving tables, -and- offered to basically couch surf on the guy who offered the job's couch so I could get rides, but I'm 1) dubious that I'm capable of doing a serving job because I'm always dizzy 2) I'm dubious I can make enough money as a server to pay rent/food anywhere 3) My roommate's known the guy and his wife for a decade or so, but I've met him all of once, so staying with him/his family would be weird.

imageimage
    Malok