KrazTrigru
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher

so much better than cats
    Riluo
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Science seal wants to science.

JensenErzsebetAarbrok
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    We're really gonna ssssssseal the deal on this one.
    Aarbrok
  • Onions4lyfe.
    KerrynIshinJami
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I need 8 yards of 1/2" thick carpet padding and no place will sell it by the yard, only by the roll. >< The smallest roll I've found so far is 40 yards.
  • edited September 2014
    Find a construction company or a factory nearby and see if you can't get some scrap. They usually throw that stuff away.
    MarienaIshinAryanneEmelleAreka
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the suggestion - called around, one of the local shops (realizing I should likely find a new term to specify like, woodshop/workshop/company working locations rather than store-front) will hook me up, just need to get a car out to their sight. They're going to cut me fresh yardage.
    AryanneIshin
  • Yeah, most people are pretty cool about that. I built houses before I joined the Army and we'd get rid of a lot of our excess that way.
    Ishin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Good thing we don't have many testers today, because oh my gosh. They are working on the roof right above us. It's so loud. There's no sound-proofing or insulation between the ceiling tile structure and the metal roof.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I have this really bad habit of watching things that I know will make me really sad. Recently I just watched a short 24 minute video that talks about "21 Jump Street" style drug busts; in it they expel and charge an autistic child with felonies. The cop pressured him day after day until the kid went to a dispensary and bought him a very small amount of weed. I'm a 6'4" 210lb man and I cried. I thought about my older sister who has Down Syndrome, and how easily someone could pressure her to give up medication.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briantron/meet-the-17-year-old-autistic-teen-that-was-tricked-into-sel#3kancs2

Poor kid, I hope he finds a friend in this world.
    ArekaIshin
  • People are fucks, bro. Pure and simple.

JensenAryanneBufordTeaniIshinJamiPeriluna
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle

I was gonna rant, but I changed my mind. Instead, I'll say only this: Respect doesn't cost a thing.

Ishin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if this is a mad or a scared....

My doctor called and my liver and kidney function is screwy, I have Steatohepatitis of the liver, which is an enlarging of the liver due to forms of liver disease, mine being particularly NOT related to alcohol since I can count the amount of drinks I have had on one hand in the past year. My Kidney(s), I was born with only one, well technically I have two but one resides in my pelvis, and has arteries going through it and it has never functioned correctly, nevertheless.....the counts on that are more explained due to the one kidney I have working its everloving ass off to try and do the job of two my entire life.

My white blood cells are through the roof, which is concerning but also something relatively known to Crohn's Disease, due to the fact my body likes to attack its own tissues as enemies and do awful things to itself internally. Though he says the counts are extraordinarily high.

Lastly, he asked for a second consultation of my recent scans done during my last infusion lab of T-inhibitors, as he saw something interestingin the contrasts they did during the visit he wanted a second opinion on, though he wouldn't elaborate without it. All in all, my anxiety is reaching levels of absolute panic...so I am making tea and going to take a bath, maybe....I dont know.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    *Hugs and Good thoughts for @Aarbrok* That is a Scary and we are all here for you!

SolariaNolaAryanneEmelleJensenErzsebet
  • When life kicks you in the balls..

Eat some chocolate and play with yourself.
    ZeksagmekIshinAarbrokAryanneErzsebet
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Life must kick me in the balls alot, either that or I just enjoy the latter a bit.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    First world problems - hate trying to find time to get my free Firehouse sub today. :( Stupid work..gots to be messing with my free food day.

Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Free firehouse today?!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Oleis said:

Free firehouse today?!

Well, for me. If you didn't know, you can go in on your birthday and show them your ID to get a free regular sized sub. You can only do it on y our birthday, though, not any day before or after. Otherwise, I'd just go tomorrow with my husband since his birthday is tomorrow.

• All I heard was Solaria's birthday. Everyone line up for your spaaankings.
    Rashar said:

All I heard was Solaria's birthday. Everyone line up for your spaaankings.

Bisch please. You GTFO. Too old for that mess.

Aryanne
  • Never too old to get that ass whupped.
    Haven
  • After about a week of doing pretty great I had a coughing fit while watching over my sister's kids which resulted me desperately trying to stretch out a cramped chest muscle by rolling about on the floor which they thought was a game and jumping on me.

I am so over coughing. So over phlegm. So over pain. Just, ugh. New lungs please?

Politics
  • iPhones give me a headache. Old people never seem to be able to have it set up correctly, then start panicking when the pictures that they backed up to iCloud than deleted off of their phones don't show up on their computer instantly when they turn it on because it isn't done syncing yet.

Granted, this isn't really limited to iCloud, but I dunno. As a non iOS user I'm extremely happy with the Google drive and Dropbox picture saving that those two have implemented. The joys of working at a Mac repair shop.

Also, jerkface customers who believe the kid who got hired to be a Genius at the corporate Apple store a month ago over myself and my boss who between us have nearly fifty years of experience fixing Apple computers.
  • My laptop decided to nosedive off the couch and destroy itself. So now I have a new one. (Early birthday gift from dad) but it has windows 8.1 and compared to windows 7 is a gigantic pain in the unicorns.

I also don't remember how to load my combat system which I was able to salvage via flash drive and runing my old laptop through a second moniter.

Also, this touch pad is going to drive me completely effing crazy
    Aryanne
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Windows 8.1 is actually really cool once you get used to it. Muuuuuch improved over Windows 8, too.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

ArbreSessizlik
  • Yes I gotta get used to it. Still leaves me with problem 1. How the hell do I re-install TW?
    Volka