MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• No, I don't like frosting either
    Aryanne
  • Turns out the nauseating smell of melted spatula I got from making pancakes last time was NOT in fact the spatula. The bottom of my brand new griddle charred into the burner earlier tonight when I made more pancakes. I don't understand why, or how to figure out what sort of griddle to pick. I'm not TOO upset, I only wasted $11 on the griddle, but I'm pissed off it happened at all and I have to replace it already.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • It happened because you spent 11 bucks on a griddle.
    AarbrokTrigruIshinTiru
  • Ah you prefer icing? That's fine!
  • What's the difference in icing and frosting?

Politics
  • Icing is usually sugar based while frosting is cream or butter based. Icing is glossy, frosting is fluffy. But there's a lot of overlap.
    Ishin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Frosting/icing can be a regional thing, too. Most australians call everything in that category 'icing' and I am yet to see a situation (aside from Aish there) where an american has not called it all 'frosting'. In the australian vernacular, icing doesn't have to be glossy, but if it is you've made glacé icing.

Riluo
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Unless you delve into the glorious world of Bundt cakes, then a proper confectioners glaze would be called for...

OMG, BUNDT CAKE, second to cheesecakes only.
    Volka
  • It's just one of those things where the terms are used so loosely in vernacular that there's really just very vague now. Frosting tend to be fat based, and icing on water. Though not explicitly water or pure fat, . Like a glaze or fondant would be icing and a butter cream or cream cheese would be frosting.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited September 2014
    el doublepost.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Fondant is the creation of the devil, like women it is intended to be pretty...and taste bad.
    Rashar
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Eleanor said:

Frosting/icing can be a regional thing, too. Most australians call everything in that category 'icing' and I am yet to see a situation (aside from Aish there) where an american has not called it all 'frosting'. In the australian vernacular, icing doesn't have to be glossy, but if it is you've made glacé icing.

Isn't Aish Canadian?

Or do you mean the general area of North America?

My maddening: my ipod charging cable breaking, people having no respect for my property, a 14 hour shift with only 4 slices of pizza to tide me over, and missing various things due to said 14 hour shift.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I rage at the complete incompetence of some people and their unwillingness to listen to reasonable advice.

Normally when I move (I've done it a few times) I manage most things on my own or with the help of friends and family. This time, however, most people were unable and I had a recent back problem so I decided to hire a moving firm. This was an especially good idea since I had a piano to move, which is heavy and cumbersome. So, I went online and set up some kind of request for companies to contact me with prices and I got a really good offer.

One would think that a company that promises to move pianos has the proper equipment and training to do so, but apparently this one didn't. It was just four guys and they seemed to lack any kind of understanding in the ways of geometry and physics. On the way down the stairs they tipped the piano up on its side, making it taller, then proceeded around a bend only to completely wedge it between the stone stairs and the concrete ceiling. Once stuck, they attempted to -kick- it lose, only managing to stick it more firmly in position. Me and my now-former roommate tried to tell them they couldn't take it down on the side, but they had just waved it off.

All in all, once they were done and the damn thing was finally down the stairs (after I had had to ask my dad to get them a saw and a sledgehammer so that they could cut it into pieces to remove it) they had completely wrecked the stairwell. There are holes in the ceiling, a door has been dented, there are scrapemarks all the way along the wall and they didn't bother cleaning up the sawdust and scraps they left after themselves.

Ishin
  • While I am getting better I rage that every bit of mucus I cough up now tastes like the smell of mothballs.

Politics
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited September 2014
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    The subtle (sometimes not-so-subtle) dismissiveness with which the martial arts is regarded in the public school system.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    OH WE CAN'T SEND OUR KIDS TO KARATE ALL THEY'LL WANT TO DO IS FIGHT.

...little do they know that any real martial arts almost always teaches kids to fight ONLY as a last resort.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneAshmer
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Found out I can't take my cat with me when I move. Sadly enjoying my final few days with a pet I adore. :(
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Waking up every morning without feeling like I rested at all. Also, endless back and joint pain.

IshinHavenEmelle
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited September 2014
    I hate not sleeping well mixed with hormones. Just want to go curl up into a little ball, but work must be done. Need to find a better way to tone down the crank in the mornings without coffee.

Could try hot cocoa, Sol. Still warm and sweet(ish).
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Solaria
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Ishin said:

Could try hot cocoa, Sol. Still warm and sweet(ish).

This is true. Thanks for the suggestion! May have to go pick me up some to have around.

Ishin
  • The new Silent Hill playable trailer. Hubby decided to check it out, so we watched it, on Youtube because we don't have that console yet.
    We watched the whole thing through about a week ago, I'm still having nightmares -.-
  • edited September 2014
    Being a Texas Rangers fan this season. Oh god, it hurts so much...

Edit: WHAT THE HELL, THE MARINERS JUST SCORED THREE RUNS IN THE TIME IT TOOK FOR ME TO WRITE THIS POST. C'MON.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

IshinAshmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Rivas said:

Being a Texas Rangers fan this season. Oh god, it hurts so much...

Edit: WHAT THE HELL, THE MARINERS JUST SCORED THREE RUNS IN THE TIME IT TOOK FOR ME TO WRITE THIS POST. C'MON.

GO MARINERS.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aryanne
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    @Solaria: Belated, but also tea! In my experience, the caffeine is still enough to give a nice boost, but not as harsh as coffee.
    Solaria
    Didn't even think of tea, @Emelle. But hot tea is really good too, yes it is.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Emelle
  • I'm mad right now because I fell asleep really early (8:00pm) and then my phone died so no early alarm so I woke up like 16min ago, at 8:00am. I hate too much sleep. I feel tired, but I also ache all over if I stay in bed that long. Plus since I sacrificed time to do stuff last night to sleep thinking I could just do it this morning. I like getting up extra early before work because then my day isn't all work..grumblegrumblegrumble..