MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2014
    ^

PhD approved

SCIENCE.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

ElwynTeaniIshinAshmer
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    The spouse who has been ill from the couple whose wedding I attended last month has been admitted into hospice care. The cancer has flared and spread throughout his brain, and the doctors do not think he has more than a few days left. This is far sooner than was anticipated and it makes my heart ache.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Damn, that sucks.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MarienaNolaEmelleJensen
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Being both disappointed and happy at the same time.

IshinAshmer
  • My headache that I've had since waking up hasn't left me. In fact, its gotten terribly painful- after nearly three hours of laying in bed tossing and crying its only eased up a little - at least to where I'm Not crying from the pain. Ontop of that is nausea and my body not being able to decide if its warm or cold. A wonderful ending to my evening out with my boyfriend (was trying to celebrate three years)
    Ishin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, I'm in the middle of packing myself off to a new apartment and I've already managed to hurt my back (which is slowly coming around and getting better) and now, days before I am actually moving in and need to be cleaning and stuff, I get the flu. No energy, body is aching, nausea, fever, and I've got quite a bit of cleaning left to do. And naturally, because it's the flu, help might be difficult to get because hey, who wants to catch this hell? FML.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    :( All of you need to stop getting sick. :<

Drink fluids! Don't die! Feel better!
    imageimage
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Pissed off for a large number of reasons today.

I love that the store I work at closes at 6pm everyday, and 4pm on Saturdays. What I don't love is that for some reason, people love to drop in about 10 minutes before we close, and take their damn time in looking through everything.

Also, working in retail has made me realize just how completely stupid people are. I had to explain to a person that everything in the store was on sale THREE damn times. Is it really that hard to comprehend when we say everything is on sale? Also, I really hate how often someone asks 'how much is this' when the goddamn price tag is right on the shelf below the item in question.

Another related rage: we received notice on Monday that our store is closing. This Friday. Because the stupid landlords want us out so they can use the location for something else. But we'll be moving to our new store location. Which won't be ready to move into until October. Which means all of the employees will be temporarily laid off for about a month, and won't be earning anything. Said new store is also an hour and a half ride from where I live using public transit.

This is all made worse because today, one of the new employees, which is a lady who is about twice my age, didn't show up for her shift, and left me by myself having to handle pretty much everything. It was really busy today too. I also volunteered (really dumb of me, in retrospect) to come in tomorrow when I was scheduled for a day off because I didn't want my boss to get stuck alone with the two new employees while the store was super busy. And I'll be working two 11-hour shifts during the weekend.

I really need a better job closer to home. I like my current job, but some days I really just want to strangle people...
  • First World work problems: the washer needs a part replaced and it's so goddamn loud.  Like, screeching metal against metal in my ear loud. I've got one more load to do (yes six loads yesss) and I just wanna beat this washer up like the unsuspecting pos it is. FIGHT ME HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE!
    Setne
    I am irrationally terrified by the basement of this house.

It's creepy and derelict and feels oppressive and the stairs feel unstable and too steep and every time I go down into it, I end up having a small-scale panic attack.
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:

I am irrationally terrified by the basement of this house.

It's creepy and derelict and feels oppressive and the stairs feel unstable and too steep and every time I go down into it, I end up having a small-scale panic attack.

It could always be worse. Just think of the basement in Evil Dead, yo.

... :3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Basements have always freaked me out. My father had a house with a basement for awhile, and he kept the family computer in the room down there. I had/have never used a computer less frequently in my life.

• I just know I'm going to go back into work and have ten loads of laundry to do.
    @Ishin I haven't seen that movie. Though I did watch Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark recently. :p

The fear is unfortunately unrelated to scary movies. :/
    imageimage
    Go watch it, @Erzsebet. The originals are also very worth the watching.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I'm good. I don't need anything to -add- to my terror of basements. >.> Mild panic attacks are not fun. Making it worse seems like a bad idea.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

I'm good. I don't need anything to -add- to my terror of basements. >.> Mild panic attacks are not fun. Making it worse seems like a bad idea.

Maybe if you get so scared, you'll have a fear-crash and not be scared any more!

...That's what they tell me cause my dips, anyway. I get so happy I get unhappy.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • In my grandparents house, it was the upstairs bathroom. I kept thinking someone was lurking in the shower. I never had that reaction to the downstairs bathroom with the tub. And the upstairs bathroom was pink!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Ishin
  • I realize this is an incredibly first-world kinda problem compared to people getting sick and so on... but it really does frustrate me.

I really really want to play Aetolia because you all have been so interesting and lovely lately. But... but Diablo just patched and it's awesome and I want to do that. And I was poking at Path of Exile again after a few months away from it and it's also improved and I'd like to do some of that... and I have some new games on Steam I haven't tried... and I need to work on Icewind Dale... and I'm playing Neverwinter Nights with the boy... and... and somehow I don't have enough time to play all the games I want to play even though I literally leave the house once a week.

>.>

Okay back to other people's actual misery now. Sorry.

• Argh. I never got to finish Neverwinter nights. I played it in college, but I'm not good at real-time strategy games. I'd pick the wrong spells at the beginning and have to start over halfway thru.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    The bathroom here bothers me too. >.> But that's just basic claustrophobia. I can lean with my back against one wall and reach out and touch the opposing wall without moving from the wall, and my arms are pretty short. And the shower's got a clingy shower curtain.

It's not as bad as the basement though. >.> It's just vaguely uncomfortable. The basement, I function okay in, mostly, but by the time I get -out- of the basement, I'm hyperventilating, sweating, pale as hell, and shaking like a leaf.

S'okay. Bright spot! I only have to go down there every two months or so. >.>

Swear I'm going to punch the next person who tells me my basement-related panic attacks are cute, though. :<
    imageimage
  • I'm exhausted with people and am needing a reset.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Periluna
  • Erzs so cute.
  • Cuuuuuuute.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    edited August 2014
    Meyvitch said:

Argh. I never got to finish Neverwinter nights. I played it in college, but I'm not good at real-time strategy games. I'd pick the wrong spells at the beginning and have to start over halfway thru.

Ahhh NWN, my favorite game that I have never played for longer than an hour.
    Ashmer
  • Conned my mother into giving us money so we could go out to eat and watch the Florida v Idaho game. After it being delayed for an hour and a half, we finally gave up. Three hours late, it finally starts, kickoff, and then lightning struck and they delayed it again.
    IshinAryanne
  • how is frosting best applied to 2 cake halves and 12 cupcakes? 3 knives and a spatula later, still looks very uneven and I can see the cake through the frosting in spots.

I now have 12 aqua cupcakes, and a red cake half, and green cake half. (I ran out of muffin paper, it was easier.) All covered in yellow frosting and sprinkles. BECAUSE COLORS!!!

There's orange frosting for next week, either on brownies or I'll make cake out of the strawberry cake mix, instead of cookies.

(SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THIS ALL COLORS!)
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    The key to nice cake icing is an underlayer called the 'crumb layer'. That one you can see stuff through, but it lets you smooth everything out. Once it's had a little time to set, you put your top coat on and it's all shiny.

Aishia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Gotta go get something with a straight edge, and sort of move the cake as you hold it up against it. There's kind of a lot of technique and art to it. Just sort of SPREADING the icing on like you're buttering something doesn't quite work as you'd hope. Cuppin cakes would probably look better with piping.
  • Am I a weirdo because I like my cake without frosting?
    Trager