MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• You just had a ton of fiber. Cabbage and beans? That's enough to clear a room.
    IshinPiper
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haern has lots of experience in regards to that situation.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Setne said:

Haern has lots of experience in regards to that situation.

StathanMephistolesOmei
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    That's like. Haern's favourite gif. /approves.
    imageimage
    AryanneEmelle
  • Sorry, had to wipe up drool after the first para.
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    So the Co-worker wants a -week- off. So guess who's working 7 days straight. 5 days of which is 12 hour days. Starting Saturday. Just looked in log, and the time off request and schedule change was never mentioned. Dumbass said something in like Feb or Apr but didn't mention it afterwards and it was a "maybe I will " thing when he did. Boss didn't mention it yet either. We are supposed to be asked if it's okay whe they start jacking our schedules around like this shit.. I'm not working 7 days straight, 5 of which are 12hr days. Fuck. That. The 12 hour days is less an issue, I used to work doubles two weeks out of the year, 14 days straight. The is that this is next week. I found out about it because of a note the boss woman made to herself she stuffed in the back of the book. I never agreed to the ot. In our company, they have to ask, and give us reasonable notice. If this paper is right, he asked back in MAY for this time off, and except the time he brought it up in passing, I didn't hear shit about it. Which is kinda fucking important, considering (and both jordan and my boss know this) I'm down to one effin'g car and I have to take my husband to work. This bitch KNOWS I need notification so I can figure something out with Pinky's transportation, but hasn't said a bloody thing. Add that to the fact that Jordan's already taken a week's worth of time off in less than a year, (Not including what he wants next week, together it's 2 weeks) and yet won't cover for anyone else when we want time off or are sick etc, but expects us to drop everything for HIM, I'm not feeling very fucking charitable. The ot would be nice, but I am not sure it's worth the bullshit, considering on top of being dog ass tired all the time, that's going to leave me 0 time to get all the shit I'm supposed to be doing next week done. Because as soon as I get home, I'll have to be in bed. Because I live a good 30 minutes away from work, they're redoing half the freeway, which could make that drive 45 to and an hour to an hour and a half back, because of rush hour is when I'll be gettingoff work. I won't even have time to eat before I'll need to be in bed. Working overtime requires carefull time and money budgeting, between being able to have food for lunches already put up and shit, on top of finding transport for pinky like I said. I'm less pissed off that he's taking yet ANOTHER WEEK off, and more pissed off that he's taking yet another week off, screwing everyone, (my boss seems to think I'm working saturday swing and she can kiss my ass) and I've been scheduled to work 7 days straight, and 5 12 hour days, without notice, being told, asked, smoke signaled at, or anything. It's not the schedule (entirely, but still fuck that) but the principle. Like I told a vet buddy of mine. 12 hour days on deployment is fine. I respect and a thankful for her doing it, I really am. But for as much fun as Military Intelligence jokes are, even the military isn't -this- stupid. I'm not on Deployment, so there's no excuse for this horseshit. I'm also mad that this means I'll have to deal with the boss twice a day for 5 days. NO THANKS, I HAVE ENOUGH ULCERS AS IT IS. I wonder if I could could like, call in sick, dead, etc. tl;dr: Military guys, Thx for your service all srsly, but I don't work for the military,(I'd be more understanding if I did, actually, but even the military doesn't pull this shit.) (I mean srsly, did you ever have your platoon-mate up and leave with no notice to go to disneyland or wtf ever while you were deployed?) and am tired of this kids' (and boss') shit.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nah, @Volka. People like that get termed 'Blue Falcons'(buddy fuckers), and they generally get 'handled' pretty heavily when they screw the other guys over.

I know when we were deployed, we'd rotate 2 squads on, 1 squad off, and we switched like every few days/weekly or something like that. That way it kept everyone from getting utterly burnt out on shit.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Volka
    See that sort of stuff makes sense. It's really not the time off, though that irks me too, but more one of those 'last straw' situations. I have -never- had problems like this with any company I've ever workd for, and I once got fired for 'habitual absenteeism' because I asked for time off to do a school internship that had already been cleared by the same guy that fired me. I really should ask for a transfer, but I can't afford a pay cut or less than 40 hrs a week, since my husband's only making 32 a week at like 9.00 an hour, and I'm terrified that if I do ask for one, they're going to knock me back to 4 hours a day working the hospital crossing guard gig or something, and that's minimum wage. Seriously considering looking at the place across the street from where I am now, which supposedly is like, 15 an hour to start, which would be a significant raise for me. And benefits, which we don't get anymore. And never hearing Michelle call me in the middle of my night ever again. I know there's shitty co workers and shitty managers, but this shit is ridiculous.
  • Volka, what do you do for work that you get your pay changed by gig?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I mean you just describe a pretty gastrointestinally intense meal. Smoked meat? coleslaw? beans? hotdogs?! CALCIUM CARBONATE I GUESS. But honestly you're going to pay for it one way or the other. I believe the technical term is "mudbutt"
    Aarbrok
    @Meyvitch‌ I'm a security guard. Where I'm at now, I'm a glorified door stop, which is why I'm able to play aetolia all night on my phone. They actually kinda advocate us doing more than one thing cause otherwise even theswing shift guys will headdesk in boredom. I miss actually, y'know, SECURING shit though. I didn't spend 6 months of my life doing 8hr days in school to get fancy degrees and shit to sit here ad play muds all day cause I have nothing useful to do. (tho it's cool to get paid to play aet). Hence why I'm so disgruntled with work. I should be doing patrol by now, but the only place that would give me the position was run by an 80 year old lecher who made snide remarks about the 'manhood' of my husband and grabbed my ass all the time. No one else will even look at me for patrol even though I have patrol experience because I'm not an ex-cop or ex military. I coulda just gotten the state guard permit and been done with it. and not wasted my time with higher education. /grumble
    Ashmer
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Getting into a discussion about the movie Lucy and the "We only use 10% of our brains" thing with my parents.

Apparently the idea we use all of our brain is too big a pill to swallow. Even with science behind it.
    AryanneVolka
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Myth or not, I'd still watch it. It looks awesome. Also, Scarlett Jo.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    Me too. I'm not boycotting the movie.

It's just irritating people will watch it and have the myth reinforced.

It would've been SO simple to just tweak the idea. Drugs that make the brain more efficient through some ambiguous means, makes it more efficient, mutation I don't know. Not staple the movie to something entirely wrong.
    IshinAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You know, I really fucking hate the air conditioners around here. These fucking pieces of shit. I had one last year, ran fine, then it just died. Then over the winter, of course, I didn't need one. Didn't end up needing one until like, April, cause it was still snowing like hell here in March.

So my sister's fiance helped me move one upstairs here, cause the A/C's here a fucking huge and I just couldn't do it on my own.

Except now this one seems to have died as well. It's on, but doing nothing. Plugged in. Breaker is on. Really pissing me the fuck off, because I live upstairs in an old building, and it gets hot as SHIT up here.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • @Ingram, I remember when I took a psychology 101 course the professor actually addressed that at some point.

"Ah, well, if you only use 10% of your brain we can remove the other 90% and you'll be fine, right?"

Putting it in terms like that makes it clear how ridiculous that idea is.
    AryanneRiluoIshinVolka
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Stress. So much stress. It's screwing with my sleep schedule, making me twitchy and irritable and making it hard to sleep.

No freaking idea what to do about it.
    imageimage
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Why-Does-Karma-hate-my-Car-Part-3:

So, over the course of the weekend I determine that the passenger side seat belt's pretensioner deployed as well, and thus both of my seat belts are out of commission entirely.

For those of you not privy to seat belt mechanisms, all seat belts have retractors that allow your seat belt to spool out and then retract back. Some seat belts also have pretensioners, which is a neat little bit of pyrotechnics that are designed to deploy (I.E. blow up and smell/sound like a firework or gunshot) when you get into a wreck. What this does is slam you back into your seat so you don't face-plant into an exploding airbag. It's designed to go off when you get in a wreck. Mine went off, both sides together, with me driving down the road at 40, on a dry day on a straight road.

So, now I have to buy 2 pretensioner/retractor/seatbelt combinations, at the least. My dad brought my car into his friend's shop (dad and the friend are both ASE certified) to determine why the fuck it did that. The airbag system isn't even giving any output. It's entirely dead/shorted out/whatever. So we take the car up to my dealership today and go 'hey, we're pretty sure this is a malfunction.' They say, "you have to bring your car in for a diagnostic check, $90 we charge for that." So, dad says thank you, asks for the manufacturer's number, and off to my car we go to call GM.

GM is like, "you have to go to your dealership and get their diagnostic tests done, we'll make you a claim file and we'll work from there."

So on Wednesday, I will be back at my dealership, pointing to two seatbelts that won't move a lick, for them to tell me what dad had already told me. That I will need to buy 2 seat belt sets and likely a control box, if not the whole airbag control system itself.

Despite this, I am going to turn it into a love. See the love thread for how!

• It's

"This needs to be fixed."

"He needs to be caught."

"That needs to be blue."

Not "this needs fixed", "he needs caught", or "that needs blue". WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING TO MY LANGUAGE.

i am rapture coder
    ErzsebetElie
  • Just what do you mean, "You people," hmm?

i am rapture coder
    TeaniIshinEmellePiperSlypheStathanElie
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

My madmorphasdgajt: Spending two days sleeping in the bathroom because of reoccurring vomit. :( Went to the doc today, gave me stuff that's made me fuzzilly lightheaded and stomach stable and I'm kinda out of it, but it still sucks.
  • Ingram said:

Getting into a discussion about the movie Lucy and the "We only use 10% of our brains" thing with my parents.

Honestly, I saw the trailer the first time and this train of thought happened.

60sec in - They're making a live action Kite? With a budget and Scarlet Jo? I'm on board!
    70sec in - They're making a spiritual successor, live action AKIRA?! With a female lead? The hell?
    75sec in - When was the last time I saw Powder?
    80sec in - MORGAN FREEMAN!
    120sec in - Wait. So. Why did I just try to tie this with anime plots? No this has nothing to do with Elfin Lead. Am I that tunneled right now?
    The End - Lame. This movie is LAME. This conversation is LAME. Will probably see anyway. Ugh.

Still not making plans to see it. >>
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• My brother proudly texted me this picture of his new tattoo this morning.

Goes real nicely with the pentagram on his other cheek.

i am rapture coder
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Dear lord.
    IshinErzsebetAryanne
  • What @oleis said. Good grief.
  • @Omei's post is so outrageous I'm still actually having trouble accepting it as something that could really happen in the real world.
    ErzsebetOmeiPiperAryanneVolkaNolaPeriluna
  • A portion of the training I did for my job involved running around in the woods pew pewing fake bad guys for a couple of months. One of them was no shit tattood like Darth Maul. Redneck son of a bitch with a deep woods accent and a Maul face.
    PiperIshinVolka