MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Elevation, too.
    HavenTeaniNola
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hope you feel better @Auresae‌. Kind of reminds me of the news report not too long ago where this McDonald's employee beats the living crap out of this mom and onlookers kept on going, some stopping only to record the event. It broke my heart cause the only one who had the balls to interfere was her 4 year old son screaming stop while ineffectively kicking the employee in the shin as he? She? pummeled the boy's mom. The video naturally goes viral. People suck.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IshinStathanAryanneErzsebetNola
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    So I was supposed to be moving on the 16th of June and my ride totally flaked on me, so I had to find an alternate way of getting down there--and the person I was going to be staying with assumed I wouldn't be coming and didn't ask because she didn't want me to feel pressured about moving in with her.

I tried to find another ride, and when I couldn't find one that didn't want to charge me like 400$ in gas plus another $250+ to take me, I tried to figure out another cost effective way to move down there. When I found one, I talked with her about it, and she was still good with the plan so I bought a bus ticket.

Fast forward a week. Her parents live with her, and she had relayed to them that I might not be coming-- so they arranged and paid for renovations to be done on the upstairs, which is where I'd have been staying. Those are starting at month's end, and are probably going to take about two months and generally make the upstairs an unlivable place. She says I'm welcome and that we can resume the plan when the renovations are finished.

But....I can't just stay where I am for that time period. Because I was moving out, my current roommate's brother is moving in here at month's end.

Originally, my thought was, 'Heeey, it's like two months, I have three sets of parents, I can just go visit, few weeks here, few weeks there, y'know? Except that my sister just had a baby and is living at one of them, leaving no room for even a temporary, wandering Kira, and my (ex) stepfather is apparently in the hospital, has been for a month, two weeks in the ICU and no one told me. :/ I call and see how they're all doing once a month or so, I'd have called him again before he'd been in there a month if someone had bothered to tell me. :/ It's not like they were too -busy- to tell me. If Facebook is any indication they were just too busy putting my niece into giant hippo statues mouths for stupid photo ops.

So mad. :< And confused. No idea what to do at this point.
    imageimage
  • Comcast....nuff said.

SlypheJensenStathanHavenFaerahIshinDemarcus
  • My brownies didn't turn out so well. Might have been the wine, might not have.

Honestly, how the heck do you get such gooey chunky things to be all the same height on the pan? I wanted fudgy brownies--think I should have gone the other way and put in more liquids. I'm rapidly running out of mix and eggs.

Flies. I washed all my dishes tonight, took me an hour, but because I don't always have the time, I have fruit flies. I need a swatter.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Meyvitch said:

My brownies didn't turn out so well. Might have been the wine, might not have.

Honestly, how the heck do you get such gooey chunky things to be all the same height on the pan? I wanted fudgy brownies--think I should have gone the other way and put in more liquids. I'm rapidly running out of mix and eggs.

Flies. I washed all my dishes tonight, took me an hour, but because I don't always have the time, I have fruit flies. I need a swatter.

You put wine in your brownies?

Also How to brownie.

Is a guide I've used a few times when shooting from the hip with brownies. Helped me out.
    Aryanne
  • I don't put wine in brownies! Waste of perfectly good chocolate! Tsk.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Stathan
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    CAN WE PUT RUM IN BROWNIES?!

StathanElieAryanneAshmer
  • Mariena said:

CAN WE PUT RUM IN BROWNIES?!

I'd suggest Kahlúa actually. I'd have to search through my recipes to find it, but I know I have an excellent recipe for Kahlúa brownies with pecans.

Then once you're done cooking you can eat them while drinking rum.
    MarienaStathanSolariaErzsebetEmelle
    oh dear god. I want to make brownies with Kahlua now. That is genius.
    StathanSolariaErzsebetEmelleNolaAshmerTeani
  • I want to eat Piper's brownies with Kahlua in them.
    PiperSetneNolaAshmer
  • @Piper and @mariena, if you really want the recipe I can look it up in my book. It's got Kahlua and espresso powder. Makes a great batch of brownies.
    Piper
    Triple chocolate chip brownies with Kahlua and an almond butter frosting... yessssssss.....
    IshinSolariaStathanAshmer
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I have a recipe for Guiness brownies with whiskey caramel filling...
    Just saying.
    SolariaEmelleStathanAshmerVolka
  • GIVE. GIVE NAOW!!
    RivasAshmerSlyphe
  • Chambord chunks in my brownies!

Politics
    AarbrokTrager
  • Aarbrok said:

I have a recipe for Guiness brownies with whiskey caramel filling...
    Just saying.

I just made Guinness brownies with a Jameson buttercream frosting.
    EmelleAarbrokAshmerVolkaRiluo
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'll just have a car bomb with my brownies
    AarbrokAshmerTrager
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Jensen said:

I'll just have a car bomb with my brownies

Do you want that in 105mm or 155mm size?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Trager
  • He wants them daisy chained, with an L shaped ambush on the side. Season liberally with PKM, and we'll go ahead and just call it a bad fucking morning.
    Trager
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Rashar said:

He wants them daisy chained, with an L shaped ambush on the side. Season liberally with PKM, and we'll go ahead and just call it a bad fucking morning.

I wonder if anyone else even gets what we're talking about, outside of @Trager, lol.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JamiRasharAshmerTrager
  • Someone once told me a story about his convoy getting attacked by a suicide bomber, only to have the guy trip and blow himself up harmlessly instead.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AshmerVolkaTrager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I get what you're talking about, I just don't have anything to add other than adding the word Irish to my statement.
    LimErzsebetIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    ...this is all I see when it goes full military.

AryanneStathanErzsebetOmei
  • I don't really know where to put this, but since it was requested and talked about here, this is where I'm sticking it.

1/4 cup water
    2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
    1 beaten egg
    1 19-21 ounce package of fudge brownie mix
    1/4 cup vegetable, canola, or peanut oil oil
    1/4 cup Kahlua
    3/4 cup milk chocolaet baking pieces
    3/4 cup white baking pieces
    1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
    1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Grease your pan, preferably around 13x9x2, and set it aside.
    Mix your wet ingredients and beat your egg and then stir in dry ingredients and egg until combined.
    Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting, as usual.

For the calorie conscious the entire batch has 4896 calories. Cut into 32 brownies (which is a reasonable size), 153 calories per brownie. Enjoy responsibly. Poster is not responsible for your favorite jeans getting too tight.
    EmelleStathanAryanneErzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    don't you dare make me choose between two kinds of nuts. We'll be here all day. OK FINE IM MAKING A SNAP DECISION. Walnuts have a much crunchier texture and the slight bitterness is probably better for the overall flavor profile. Pecans tend to go too soft in such recipes and end up getting lost, being a much more subtle flavor. One thing I like to use pecans for is crushed to make a crust for cheesecakes tho.
    Aryanne
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Why not use both? Super nutty brownies for the mouthgasm.
  • You'll see that stuff, @toz, and all sorts of other stuff that just makes you go ...

Less so these days or in recent years than earlier in the conflict. Most of the stupid bad guys got themselves dead, and the leadership is finding it harder to get people to go do stuff for them without training.

Ishin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    So apparently. If you buy Aet subscription with a giftcard. And then buy credits/lessons after that on a different card. The subscription AUTOMATICALLY shifts from using giftcard funds, to whatever you were buying credits/lessons with.

Any way we can make it -not- do this. >.>
    imageimage
    StathanAshmerVolka
  • edited July 2014
    I went to my friend's house. He showed off his new charcoal smoker with a rack of ribs marinated in homemade cayenne sauce, shrimp kabobs, and chicken. I ate a scoop of Cajun coleslaw, 2 ribs, 5 shrimp, and some baked beans with tiny hotdogs. Took a little of everything, but saved room for desert--I had brought brownies, Lyle made ice cream cake.

20 min after I finished eating the deliciousness I felt unusually full. Like painfully so. It was odd, but I ate ice-cream cake anyway, after all I didn't eat so much.

Yeah. Anyone know a good cure for one's guts turning inside out and turning into water? I was so embarrassed, and rather gassy, and don't want it to happen again. WTF was in that sauce man?