MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Stathan said:

Well, I got what I wished for. Kept making jokes about hurricane season and have one heading right for me. Cat 2, no big deal but still. May not be around for a few days. Teach me to run off at my mouth at mother nature. @Lleis would be proud of mother nature for shoving her primordial foot up my buttocks.

It's storming like a beast here now. I hope it keeps on well into the night, tbh. I wouldn't be able to PK from the house, but damn, it's been mid 90's all fucking week here, and I live upstairs in an old-ass building that isn't insulated for shit. It gets HOT up there, man. Even at night :(

@Aarbrok - OIC. I'm not really into that stuff. About as namebrand as I get is uh. Levi's and Nike. Maybe some Underarmor. I'm just a simple redneck.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Ishin Trust, I only do it for the paycheck, once I get home im back to levis, converse and hoodies/tank-tops.

Designer clothing is all for a look, not for comfort, but for the pay I just got in my promotion, ill sell the unicorns out of it, and wear it the damned best I can.
    IshinOmei
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    God. Why can't things just be simple and work fine? >:[ Get your damn wench outta my plans!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AarbrokErzsebetStathanOmeiAryanneMephistoles
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Haven said:

God. Why can't things just be simple and work fine? >:[ Get your damn wench outta my plans!

Because you're you, and you never know...

Is there legitimately a wench in your plans, or did you miss a keystroke and you'd like someone to remove their wrench from your plans? Because whenever I think of 'wench' and 'Haven', whether she is part of the plan or not, Haven has a good time.

:-D
    HavenErzsebetAuresaeTeani
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Demarcus said:

Haven said:

Because you're you, and you never know...

Is there legitimately a wench in your plans, or did you miss a keystroke and you'd like someone to remove their wrench from your plans? Because whenever I think of 'wench' and 'Haven', whether she is part of the plan or not, Haven has a good time.

:-D
    xD I meant wrench! k that amde my night
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    MephistolesErzsebetAryanneTeaniDemarcus
  • ^ I laughed harder than I should have at that... Thanks for turning my crappy night into a fairly good one. Totally forgot why it was crappy.
    HavenDemarcus
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Living with my parents is really beginning to bite the big one. Sure there are times when its good and we all get along. Then they go and do/ say something that sets my -entire- day upside down. Its 530am, thank you M&D for the WONDERFUL wake up call today.
    Ishin
  • Migraines from barometric pressure change. Perfectly fine, cooking dinner at work, and then WHAM! Intense pain, can barely see, light hurts, every sound is agony. I felt like someone was grinding drills into my skull.
  • Paranoia and worry. Pretty much ruined my whole week off.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    So this is a Love and Mad post. I love being alive. I hate that last night I anchored off shore to watch fireworks in the next town and the weather report on several stations/websites was wrong. At about 11pm we had 13-18 mph winds and rolling waves beginning to white cap instead of the 5mph winds all the weather sites promised. At 230am our anchor line snapped at the cleat and our outboard struggled to keep us going 3 knots into the wind. At about 4am we were out of fuel and the coast guard had to tow us the rest of the way. I spent the entire time in the galley on the phone with 911/coast guard whilst puking because it's the worst place to be when its choppy. My brother spent the whole time getting drenched trying to keep the dinghy lines out of the prop. One of my best friends manually throttled the motor all night getting drenched. My other best friend ran the tiller in a cotton t shirt freezing, and my friends sister was curled up with a flash light on the depth gauge so we didnt run aground. I'm happy to be home safe.
    IshinAshmerHavenFaerahWinterlynn
  • It was actually superman that towed your boat, bro.

He was under the water, just pulling away.
  • Angry that I have to spend $860 to fix brake and fuel lines in the car, and estimate is $460 to fix air condenser and bumper. I replaced that damn bumper last year after a deer accident, then someone's 18wheeler kicked up a rock which took out same spot on bumper as deer. AND MY AC. Again!

I have to keep the car the remainder of the summer, because I've been too busy to go car shopping with any seriousness. I'm working overtime for the next week, but I'd earmarked it for Aetolia and family vacation in VT in three weeks and now it'll be wiped out. Being a grownup sucks.

I think the remaining wine in the bottle I've been ignoring for 2 months is going to be finished tonight.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    @Meyvitch I think you're entitled to at least another bottle of wine, maybe two or three if you go cheap and get some MD 20/20 or something like that.
  • <3 it's pink mescato. But I went to goodwill and got myself a dish rack instead. I can't drink more than the remaining glass in the bottle in case I'm called in, as I'm still on the SWAT team. If they get slammed at work I can't be tipsy and unable to drive in to work to help out. Which rules out drinking Sunday and Monday.

Oh well. I have a cake that won't bake itself, and I'm playing with frosting this time. Going for a flag. Blue velvet mix; never tried it before, but I want to see the reactions of my co-workers when they realize it's blue.

I've baked cookies and things for my team every Sunday for about 2 months now. Last sunday I had off of work and went overboard, whipped up two more cake mixes into cookies than usual and brought in about 80. Strawberry cake makes a much-loved cookie.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Emelle
  • Rofl the MD 20/20. Go straight up, get yourself a BOX of wine from the grocery store.

Sit on the curb. Draw on a cardboard sign - Veteran, please halp.
    Ishin
    Meyvitch said:

SWAT Team

Now I know who I'm calling when my neighbor pisses me off.

But in all seriousness, that's pretty sweet that you're on the SWAT Team. Appreciate your willingness to work in that field man, tough gig. Hope the car repairs come cheaper than they quoted (although they never do...) or you win the lottery. Or both.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Is that SWAT team like how grocery stores have SWAT teams or like PEW PEW PEW SWAT team?
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Meyvitch said:

I had a single glass of wine earlier tonight, and that was enough for me to see "dick rash" instead of "dish rack." New job = less sleep than I'm used to = things like that.
    AryanneOmeiEmelle
  • You have no idea how relieved I am to see that I'm not the only person who read that the same exact way.

AryanneDemarcusAshmerErzsebetEmelleAuresae
    Sarita said:

Meyvitch said:

I had a single glass of wine earlier tonight, and that was enough for me to see "dick rash" instead of "dish rack." New job = less sleep than I'm used to = things like that.
    I see what you did there...

Funny.

Raging at 12 hour shifts when I'm constantly doing things like... calling the morons at dispatching and telling them they are stupid, only to get a call 5 minutes later whining how we're doing something backwards and I have to inform them, again, that THEY are the ones that made it backwards, and I am not responsible for the consequences of their actions. Like take a crew from my terminal and cab them an hour north, just to take a crew from the terminal MY crew just cabbed to and cab those guys down here. Because it wouldn't have made any damn sense at all to have my guys take the train out of here and those guys take the train out of there. None at all. Why in the unicorn would anyone operate anything like that, we need job security for the van company.

Or like when I say, "Hey, taking this crew without talking to me was not cool. Whatever dumb plan your created in your head with this awesome little move I promise you is going to fall apart in about four hours when you realize that by destroying my plans you have made it impossible for me to accomodate you."

Or better yet, trying to put 3 trains into the siding north of here before I can get the one stupid-monster train out of my yard so I, oh I don't know, have room to yard one of those 3? As it just so happens, trains obey something called the Demarcus exclusion principle, which is kind of like the Pauli exclusion principle except it is for trains instead of fermions and tracks instead of quantum states. No trains can occupy the same track at the same time. I know that is some pretty advanced stuff right there, but you are technically speaking your position is higher than mine in pretty much everything except hours works, because your 8 hours a day are pretty cush.

Sub-rage, 13 and 14 hour days suck. Longer than that sucks even more. Ugh. Overnights are crap.

I also came to the realization that if I file a complaint against my chain of command with the ethics department, my boss will likely lose his job as the so-called "fall guy." Scapegoat would be another label. They would say that although the big boss of the service unit was telling him directly to break the rules, he 'should have known better and reported the violation himself.' Because that's how this stupid place works. Nevermind that if he does that, he's not getting promoted again. Ever. Nevermind that if he doesn't do that, and I report it, he doesn't work here again. Ever. And if it just goes without being reported, well... who cares, Demarcus is just some guy that we've totally used as a scapegoat before for that thing last summer, and he should have kept working with that PTSD thing. Next time maybe he'll think about keeping things to himself and stop making up fake mental illnesses that don't actually exist.

While I'm at it, I am straight up pissed off at the stigmas and misconceptions about mental illness this effing country has. Apparently if I have one, I'm 1) making up something that doesn't exist anyways, 2) is all in my head and is part of the job so I had better learn to just deal with it, 3) makes me a high risk to go postal or something, 4) since it is a -mental- illness, there is nothing physical at all about it, 5) have something terribly wrong with me that makes me a terrible person and nobody should associate with me, because it might be contagous! I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more, but I think you get the gist. It's all at the same time. And they have the audacity to call *me* the crazy one! Right. Make up your damn minds so we can work on resolving that so we can systematically educate you without being all erratic and inefficient.

You know what, while I'm raging, this one is at you Mr. Chief Medical Officer. I'm not sure how a letter from my doctor specifically stating my diagnosis, official documentation of my active perscriptions, and the continous/repeated and still standing offer to get my doctor to answer specific questions that you want about my diagnosis doesn't constitute sufficient medical evidence to support my claim. Where in the unicorn did you get your MD? A box of Frosted Flakes? Or was it a bag of Marshmallow Mateys? I think I've seen the valedictorian of your class once or twice -- he's a real peach. Good 'ole Cracker Jack University. A degree in every box! You probably have a hundred! Better get a few more you obtuse bastard.
  • edited July 2014
    Demarcus said:

Meyvitch said:

SWAT Team

blockquote>

Special
    Weather
    Advisory
    Team

I get called for OT when too many calls come in at work for the staffing they've got. This past winter it meant I was 2-3 miles from work and called in when people couldn't make it in safely due to snowstorms.

I wish I was real SWAT.

How do you get that from the words "dish rack?"
    Meyvitch said:

Demarcus said:

Meyvitch said:

SWAT Team

blockquote>

Special
    Weather
    Advisory
    Team

I get called for OT when too many calls come in at work for the staffing they've got. This past winter it meant I was 2-3 miles from work and called in when people couldn't make it in safely due to snowstorms.

I wish I was real SWAT.

How do you get that from the words "dish rack?"
    Swap the last two letters of each word. :-D

Also... I'm still calling you to summon a tornado on top of his damn house if he gets out of hand. Level him out. Also, it sounds like you could totally do that tipsy, or even drunk. Just sayin', especially if there are no guns involved!
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited July 2014
    Being in a state of limbo in regards to something good at work that I thought was going to happen.
    My ipod charging cable being finicky and not properly working at times.
    My complete lack of self confidence and fear in regards to engaging in certain social activities.
    Edit: Forgot about the fact that I finally finished up Warehouse 13 and super mad/sad that it ended. Final episode had me tearing up :(

These four things, alongside a few other smaller things have me in a sour mood, when I've been trying to stay upbeat.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • edited July 2014
    Waiting in the doctors office for my jab so I can travel. Not really madden's maddening, more sadden's saddening. I unicorning hate needles. Edit : 3 hours later. OMG WHAT WAS I FREAKING OUT FOR IT DIDN'T EVEN STING OR HURT OR ANYTHING!!!!! >:(

Politics
    Aryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Demarcus - I feel your rage about PTSD bro. I've had it for uh...actually coming up close on 10 years now. Oh, Iraq and Fallujah. It's a real mother. It changed me, a lot, and it's been a hell of a struggle trying to control it. I've had some success, though some things just seem to be outside of my ability to 'fix' on my own. Just don't get to feeling hopeless about it, my man. Addressing some of the issues that come from it isn't hopeless.

If you ever need someone to talk to, just hit me up.

I, myself, rage at job searching. Good grief it's hard to find a job these days :/
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • My baaaccckk, plz to be massaging!

3 hours of pretty much nonstop staying bent over (don't be dirty) picking peas kills me. I get to follow that up in 3 hours by standing for 8 hrs at work. My body cries at me, it CRIES.

But I got 41$ for those three and a half bushels I gathered during those 3 hours so I won't regret my physical labor. Unless it really does kill me. Ahh family farming. A bit of love about getting to see a bunch of tree frogs though, so cute!
    Emelle
  • Worked 13 hours on my feet yesterday. Slept from 10:30pm to 8:30am and only woke up because it was stifling hot in my room. Still exhausted.
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Sun burns...
    All day, sitting here fidgeting and squirming because my back itches while it recovers from a 'not bad' sun burn.
    Just make the itching stopp!! I can take the pain!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited July 2014

Currently on the backs of my knees.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Kneepits? Underknee? Legcrotch?
    AryanneEmelleNola