Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Could we amend the house addon that allows you to add a bar? All I want is to run a tavern in spinesreach with my custom food and brews, that's it. Nothing extra just keeping it strictly tavern. It's seemingly impossible for me to get a shop and I don't see how changing an existing house upgrade that would allow me to sell 10 different items to be game breaking
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    So long as you don't see the profits from it (or they make buyable, taxable shops somehow), that would be really neat!
    I'd actually be willing to accept the money loss, I just always enjoyed making jensen's weird brews and food
    Nod, the money loss is tied in to every other 'selling things' upgrade for houses, since they can't be repossessed or taxed like other shops. 

I think Kerryn's the only person who somehow got a deal to bypass this with her inn in Delos, lucky devil. 

The 'generic item limit' thing is pretty frustrating though - the whole point is to sell your own/new designs. You could probably work something out with that though, I've seen org mobs selling special items and drinks that aren't the generics (looking at you Ve'kahi!).
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I actually went and asked how Kerryn was able to get her neat little tavern thing, and I was told that it cost a bunch of credits, and there was a stipulation that it could ONLY sell food and drink. I dunno if those kinds of deals can still be made now, though I know you can get a bunch of special artifact requests if you ask nicely and have the credits to pay for them.
    A lot of those sketchy deals can't be made anymore (thankfully), but if you're patient, willing to pay and reasonable, some compromises can be made, yes. Could probably swing custom food with an NPC shop, etc. 
    Custom food with an npc shop is like buying a pool and receiving a kiddy pool instead. I want to be able to make new food/drinks and have a changing menu. It's one of the few RP things I think I do successfully. When I left duiran the only "why'd you leave" responses I got were about my moonshine brews and troll sandwiches
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think adding shops as a house upgrade would be fine. Who cares if they aren't taxable? People would be paying through the nose to get them in the first place. The 5k gold cities get from taxes are hardly what's sustaining their economy.
    Jensen
    5k? ;_; Enorian's at 7,600. 
    Spinesreach actually doesn't have shop taxes atm as a city prize. We've not noticed the lack of income at all.
    Areka
    Can we please have a way to see quota output after it's rolled over :( even if it gets printed in the city log somehow, so we could c/p it into a project/notepad and save it for rewards/analysis. 
    Moirean
  • They could even implement taxes that just go nowhere like the delos/camp taxes.

JensenArekaMoirean
  • Can we please have ents that fall asleep to heal themselves not stop following automatically when they do? I'm tired of losing my narcoleptic entourage because I'm speedwalking when they decide to snooze.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanSaritaErzsebet
    This is insanely annoying for Carnifex, since the mastiff tries to sleep every single darn time it's hit, meaning that you lose him every single room you hunt in.
  • Yeah, Prae have the same issue. Most of the time I have nfc where my ghast is. Doesn't work vs. mobs, but sun runs suck.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Add Teradrim to that list as well with Golems!  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    If only there were a process for suggesting changes to class skills, especially something recent.....

I'm just kidding, that's really annoying and I didn't realize it happens. Consider it on my list.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DraimanSaritaArbreVeovis
  • Oleis said:
    If only there were a process for suggesting changes to class skills, especially something recent.....

I'm just kidding, that's really annoying and I didn't realize it happens. Consider it on my list.
    Could you add shaman familiars to that list too?

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited January 2014
    I usually just manually heal my familiar before I move, keeps this from happening usually. Pretty sure if you don't let it sleep otherwise, it just does not regain its hp. Ends up dying.
    You CAN order it to follow when you see the sleep message, which effectively wakes it up, makes it keep following.
    You can, it's just spammy as heck. What happens is that an ent will auto sleep if it's not at full health after a few seconds of inactivity. This means even if it's taken only 1 damage it will sleep. Putting in a threshhold before it automatically sleeps would solve this fine, I think.
    What I'm most likely to do is allow them to follow you as they sleep. They'd still have to wake up (and therefore no longer be actively healing) in order to attack, which should avoid any combat implications. There's no reason you guys should have to mess with something like that, easy fix or no.
    [---]
    It should be noted that a lot of these don't actively attack, but just passively do stuff, like hounds intercepting attacks. Will being asleep stop that?
    Moirean said:
    It should be noted that a lot of these don't actively attack, but just passively do stuff, like hounds intercepting attacks. Will being asleep stop that?
    Things like taking damage should be waking them up anyway. If not, we'll make changes on an ent-to-ent basis. On the whole, aside from intentionally disposable ents like Domination demons, I'm going to err on side of keeping them alive longer.
    [---]
    Moirean
  • Could we possibly give organizational mobs the same basic abilities as house mobs in the sense of giving them sentience so that they can be animated by the org leader for RP that goes on in front of them?

IMO it'd be beyond awesome
    imageimage
    InfinMoirean
  • @Erzsebet do you mean like Mobs in buildings for Houses? I know when we paid for the Lunare mob, Raz set it to allow anyone in the Leaders clan to animate it.
    1) Enorian declares war on Bloodloch, because Ellenia said Dato was a smelly butt face.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I assumed by house, she meant the kind that people buy for their own personal houses, and that organizations would mean guilds, undead houses, cities, and that sort of thing, but I could be wrong.
  • I meant. To clarify. That I want those organizational mobs to be able to act as house mobs do, regarding sentience for an organization's leadership.
    imageimage
    After making a newbie in another IRE recently and wandering into other cities to die repeatedly, it occurs to me that it'd be rather nice to have a simple config (automatically enabled for newbies) that simply stops a player from walking into a place that they are enemied, giving them a warning instead to repeat the command if they are really sure they want to go in. Perhaps also expand this to areas like open PK zones like lessers or areas significantly higher-level/aggro, like feral caves. Yes, maybe it's a bit handholdy, but I'd much rather be given a warning and be able to mentally fix where that spot is while exploring, instead of just instantly die over and over and try to remember where the heck that was later.
    NeithanTeaniXavinArbreJensenDaganPiper
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can something be done about guildfavors at low levels.  I'm specifically talking about when you're trying to bump people from GR1 to GR2 and GR2 to GR3, since every guild I've dealt with has had requirements that you pass and you instantly get bumped up.  However, the lowest you can be for a single favor to knock you up those ranks is GR10 AND secretary, causing a lot of guilds to autofavor new secs up to GR10.  We could make all secretaries, no matter their GR, or make a command that bumps from 1-2 and 2-3.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Dying from alcohol poisoning needs a better deathsight.

[19:41] Kiralla: Your body spasms in pain as it suffers the effects of severe alcohol poisoning.
    Health Lost: 1831, unblockable.
    Your tortured body can no longer perform its most basic functions. The demon of the bottle claims you as you fall to the floor, dead of massive systems failure.
    You have slain yourself.

Erzsebet has foolishly succeeded in ending her own life.
    You divine the location of this death as A crystalline cavern of glowing jewels in The Havens.

THE DEMON OF THE BOTTLE
    ArekaAngwePeriluna