Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There are multiple lines shown.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    There's a thread for combat ideas, and it's not this one!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited January 2014
    Nalor said:
    MAKE Carnifex Reave on pair with all the other instant kills, reclaimation, judge, cleaver, chasm etc etc and give it more then just ONE DAM LINE ...

All instant kills I can think of from top of my head have 2/3 lines before death but that one ..

((I put it here since none of the bugs ever get looked at or fixed and I was unsure where else to put it!))
    ...did they change Carnifex reave? When I was Carnifex there were 3 lines. Unlike traditional channeled instakills, the speed at which these lines appear vary depending on how much soul they've collected from you. When I was Carni it started at 10 seconds (base time) and could be quickened to about 3 seconds. I'm told that it was nerfed though to be around 15 seconds to as low as 6 or 8....but I don't know if I buy that.

The initation: ^A viscous blue sheen envelops (.*?) as (\w{1,}) draws it back\, the motion accompanied by an odd tugging sensation from deep within that threatens to steal your breath with it\.$

The middle message: ^(\w{1,}) swings (.*?) around in a wide arc toward you\, the deadly weapon whistling through the air as it carves a path straight for your core\.$

And finally the kill: Something about clipping your soul from your body and you collapsing in a pale heap.

Edit: Derp, late Haven is late.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Soo I just noticed something, Graders then realised how wrong it is!

I haven't yet to be graded but appear on GRADERS

Graders currently available to grade.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Nalor               Black belt

-- Can we get this changed to only show them ABLE to Grade... to cut out confusion if someone asks, conidering you're on the list. but unable to grade as since you've never been graded yourself. Thanks
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited January 2014
    If it isn't out there already, a way to see who's in the Sect Arena would be awesome. I'm always like OOH OOH WHO IS IT WHO IS IT whenever I see a challenge accepted.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

edited January 2014
    I thought the entire point is that it's anonymous...

Edit: Oh, I think you mean after the challenge was accepted? That'd be cool. And maybe a way to arena watch the fights.
    Omei
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Moirean said:
    I thought the entire point is that it's anonymous...

Edit: Oh, I think you mean after the challenge was accepted? That'd be cool. And maybe a way to arena watch the fights.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Like, when I'm sitting here RPing and can't accept the challenge, I want to know who it was, even if 90% of the time it's Xiuh and some poor bastard.

And yeah, a way to SECT ARENAWATCH MOIREAN would be cool too.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Spoiler: It'll just be movement spam and shatter.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The ability to sell back houses at the traditional artifact credit loss.
    SolariaInfinAarbrokErzsebet
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'd prefer to be able to trade them
    SessizlikInfin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Arbre said:
    The ability to sell back houses at the traditional artifact credit loss.
    I want this so bad, have for a long time. I only built Sol's house for Neb, and hate having to worry about it.

Infin
  • Something like guild tutor mobs, stationed inside the city the guild is tied to. GM's can set requirements for these mobs and if an individual meets these requirements the mob can apprentice them with class so I don't have to hunt down a member who is cham'd/hidden. Or allow me to apprentice myself with my alts that haven't been played since multi classing. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited January 2014
    That might be a neat idea if we tied it in with the (currently functionless) GUILD SANCTION command. I'm thinking something like:
    • Request apprenticeship permission.
    • Guild leadership reviews you or however they usually do it.
    • GM does GUILD SANCTION DRAIMAN.
    • Draiman can go learn the class from the NPC any time he wants.

i am rapture coder
    MacavityPerilunaDraimanHavenInfin
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    ^^  I love that idea @omei because then the Guild still has some control over it, but can I suggest that after the NPC gives the class the person is auto removed from the Sanction list and a log is posted in the Guild alerting of this.  That way the person cannot get into the guild hall.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Last I checked, giving sanction doesn't even allow them into the guild halls.
    Daskalos
  • Correct. Sanction currently does nothing at all. It's designed for future implementation.

i am rapture coder
  • Macavity said:
    ^^  I love that idea @omei because then the Guild still has some control over it, but can I suggest that after the NPC gives the class the person is auto removed from the Sanction list and a log is posted in the Guild alerting of this.  That way the person cannot get into the guild hall.

The guild would still have control over it so long as things were done right. I don't want it to be a thing where anyone can just get whatever class they want whenever they want, but I'd like it a bit more if I didn't have to check cham's or log onto another character and see if someone is online, just to let them know, then let them message all the appropriate people, let them all think about it and message them back, and 5 days later finally get told whether I can have class or not, and then waiting another day to find someone online. With a mob, GM's could set certain requirements and ban enemies and all of that jazz. Those who want to roleplay it out could still opt to do it the old fashion way, but it's just tedious and time consuming for some of us (me).

• Unless they're off plane (or you are) doing HELP <org> will still show the person, regardless of chameleon.

Just sayin. (I cham all the time, people still get a hold of me.)
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It doesn't show them if they have the cloaking gems though, unless that has changed. 
    Periluna
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Areka said:
    It doesn't show them if they have the cloaking gems though, unless that has changed. 
    cloaking gems only show you online if the person is within the same org, this is true for the help org file as well.  So yes you are correct 
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Let us trade in chest pieces for something useful. I understand if credits or gold are unacceptable for some reason to keep people buying more chests. But maybe.. I don't know. Learning a language, or even just lessons. Maybe this should go in the angry thread. I just want to get rid of my stuff. :)

Nobody wants my earth essence. And I even rubbed it for good luck.
  • Rashar said:
    Let us trade in chest pieces for something useful. I understand if credits or gold are unacceptable for some reason to keep people buying more chests. But maybe.. I don't know. Learning a language, or even just lessons. Maybe this should go in the angry thread. I just want to get rid of my stuff. :)

Nobody wants my earth essence. And I even rubbed it for good luck.
    @Rashar the auction house in Delos was made for this reason! to Auction of all the unwanted chest pieces and such...
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Nalor said:
    @Rashar the auction house in Delos was made for this reason! to Auction of all the unwanted chest pieces and such...
    The problem is when people don't want it anyway, even if you try to sell the things you got at a very cheap rate. The things bounce back to you and then you have to try again.

• Really sorry if this is a combat question but to be honest I find it an annoying thing,... 

When vibing up can we get something like combat messages? You have successfully embed -x- vibe? Or something to tell us WHICH vibe we've embeded as looking at the embeded lines some of them look alike as in the same line... :/ 

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Macavity said:
    Areka said:
    cloaking gems only show you online if the person is within the same org, this is true for the help org file as well.  So yes you are correct 
    That has changed, im gem'd and hooded and people still get ahold of me
  • New thing for "defences". "defences drain" will tell you what defences you have running that drain a resource. And maybe even what resource and how fast it drains it? I know if a skill drains something it's usually in the AB file, but sometimes you put up a def and forget to turn it off and start losing willpower or endurance and you can't remember what skill it was, so you have to search through your defs to turn it off. This would just make it easier to track what you have on without having to go through 35+ defences.

HavenPiper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we add assists to our deaths too, please?

Example of what I mean:

Chakrasul lashes out at you, Her palm striking your forehead. As She makes contact, you feel an overwhelming surge of psychic energy annihilate your consciousness. Your eyes roll back in your head and you drop to the ground, dead.
    You have been slain by Chakrasul.
    She was assisted by: Ivoln, Iosyne, an anonymous assailant, and Mazzion.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    SetneAngweDaskalosCiarelleBrayden
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haven said:
    Can we add assists to our deaths too, please?

Example of what I mean:

Chakrasul lashes out at you, Her palm striking your forehead. As She makes contact, you feel an overwhelming surge of psychic energy annihilate your consciousness. Your eyes roll back in your head and you drop to the ground, dead.
    You have been slain by Chakrasul.
    She was assisted by: Ivoln, Iosyne, an anonymous assailant, and Mazzion.
    The opposite should also be true, where the assists are added to the line when you kill someone.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    HavenCiarelle
  • Pretty sure @Areka suggested this, or maybe I just imagined it, but the ability to move shop shelves would be really nice. Moving each item (especially things like armour) gets frustrating.
    ArekaErzsebet
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited January 2014
    Also, also been asked for before, but if there's a way to expand the WARES <keyword> interaction, that would be amazing. It'd be awesome if you could WARES <tradeskill>, IE WARES COOKING to bring up all food items, WARES JEWELCRAFT to bring up all jewelry/jewlecrafted, etc. 

Edit: especially in lieu of the above, since rather than having to prioritize shelves for visibility (and how long the items lists are for some trade skills, especially cooking where you just want -food-, but don't care if it's a stew or kebab), you could then pull up the array of things by what you're generally looking for and more easily browse. 
    PerilunaHavenMoireanSetneInfin