Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Let's make an STD.  Give it some -visible- symptom (either occasional room msgs or a small line in your desc, nothing horridly disgusting or anything, but definitely -noticeable-), and make a handful of specific words trigger spreading it from one person to the next.  They have to be in an emote, not a say or tell, and if it's possible, make sure it's not in speech quotations in emotes.  Watch how it spreads.  Eventually make a cure quest, but put a long reset on it, at least an hour.  HILARITY!
    FerrikAngweTeaniBakhtuhPerilunaSetnePiperXenia
  • I hit agree and like so many times right there. (Do I foresee the next April Fools' coming up there? (BETTER NOT BE))
    Ferrik will bathe in their tears.. and make a piano song all about it too.

Teani
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    How many credits must I buy to make this happen?
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Oleis already coded the thing while Arbre was still thinking up the idea.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    OmeiArbrePerilunaMoireanXenia
  • Arbre said:
    Let's make an STD.  Give it some -visible- symptom (either occasional room msgs or a small line in your desc, nothing horridly disgusting or anything, but definitely -noticeable-), and make a handful of specific words trigger spreading it from one person to the next.  They have to be in an emote, not a say or tell, and if it's possible, make sure it's not in speech quotations in emotes.  Watch how it spreads.  Eventually make a cure quest, but put a long reset on it, at least an hour.  HILARITY!
    If anything, that would make for a fascinating social experiment. I don't uh, know how the brass would like it.

i am rapture coder
    Arbre
  • I don't remember which admin*, but one found the prog for disease and set up one that was transferred with a kiss. A few people had gonorrhea in Aet passed around via kiss for like a RL hour before we got told to eat ginseng to cure it.

*my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Silly thing but heard someone mention it earlier, ALLOW the function to set titles from havens! and other small things like that.. saves having to leave haven to do it..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    InfinErzsebet
  • On the disease thing, if this is going to become a thing, it -would- be fantastic though if it would be set in such a way that it can not just be one-sided.

I foresee a lot of griefing and trolling happening otherwise that would not be as much fun and kind of unfair.

Demarcus
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    O.O

I seriously expected eye-rolling and no replies.  Why do all my good ideas have to do with sex?
    InfinErzsebet
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Moirean said:
    I'm pretty sure Jensen already has a recipe for baked Dwarves.
    design 7055
    Design #7055   Months Left: Perm
    Item type: Casserole  Components:
    Tool: <any>  Heatsource: <any>  Nourishment: 150
    Additional Ingredients:  1 glass 2 rice 1 blackpepper 1 salt 1 carrots 1 leek 1 Dwarf
    Allowed: NONE
    Denied: NONE
    Autopay: NO
    Tag(s): casserole.
    Appearance:
    a Dwarf casserole with stout demi-glace
    Dropped:
    A Dwarf casserole has been left here.
    Examined:
    Braised Dwarf tenderloin lightly seasoned with sea salt and cracked pepper, finely sliced leeks, and 
    hearty chunks of carrot sit on a bed of wild rice. The casserole has been cooked in a rich stout 
    demi-glace.
    Smell:
    With a subtle hint of rich stout, the aroma of sweet onion and savory meat mingle together nicely.
    Eaten 1p:
    You dig into the Dwarf casserole, with each hefty spoonful containing a menagerie of tenderloin, 
    vegetables, fluffy rice, and sweet sauce.
    Eaten 3p:
    $(name$) eats a Dwarf casserole in hefty spoonfuls until only a few grains of rice remain.
    Taste:
    The succulent tenderloin's flavor has been accentuated by the light seasoning.  The fluffy wild rice 
    has taken on the demi-glace flavor with subtle hints of rich stout.
    Comments from the Trade Guild:
    NONE
    Comments from the Creator:
    NONE
    Moirean
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2014
    I would love it if we added tags to global messages to make them easier to capture. So for example...

(Divine): Dhar has emerged from wherever He comes from.
    (Shouts): Ezalor shouts, "U suck."
    (Deathsight): Ezalor has been slain by Dhar.

etc etc.

Should probably be a config option.

MacavityPerilunaArbreXenia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ezalor said:
    I would love it if we added tags to global messages to make them easier to capture. So for example...

(Divine): Dhar has emerged from wherever He comes from.
    (Shouts): Ezalor shouts, "U suck."
    (Deathsight): Ezalor has been slain by Dhar.

etc etc.

Should probably be a config option.

That's what my report was about. I think straight tags would kinda kill immersion. Colors that you can set you can still easily capture to another window using ansi triggers...
  • Plz to be adding 'You are afflicted with blackout' to mob attacks with blackout..make curing(sipping) coding for systems much easier. Kthx.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Sect rankings. Would only show members who are revealed.
    - An ability to do GUILD STATUS to guild members. The useful stuff like lessons is there, and you can already do CITY STATUS as an ambassador aide.

- Allow us to append a word to QI to show inventory filtered with only that word. Eg QI SIGIL would show:
    You are holding: 
     23 knife sigils,  17 eye sigils,  monolith sigils, 20 cube sigils
    Periluna
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can shields be changed to not take up the back slot when worn? >_> Maybe just give them an "armor" slot because it makes me sadface having to decide between my cloak and my shield. Not to mention swapping shields seem to be a pain now for Luminary combat but I might just be doing something wrong too...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Any chance the think emote could remove the necessity of saying "you" in there? I know some people use it as < think, "Blah." but I personally just do < thoughts eg < Oh no, what was that sound! Squeezing in a you gets awkward sometimes.
    CiarelleAngweOmeiXenia
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    ....I never knew about the think emote. o.o
  • Piper said:
    I don't think it's really a documented command. It's really, really weird.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited January 2014
    Piper said:

Dude it's the best thing ever. It made Ashmer actually playable, with all of his various insanities.

@Xavin, it is. HELP THINK.

Edit: Though looking at the helpfile, it needs to be updated with the change @Omei made.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    can we get a changelog search option?!?!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    There is one.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Areka said:
    There is one.
    what is the syntax, its not in HELP CHANGELOG!  @Omei??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    CHANGELOG SEARCH <word>
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Changelog ? shows syntax if I recall right.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    PLEASE @Oleis can 'config damage_change on' change?

To be, config damage_change health/mana/all  - to show rather health, mana or ALL because the mana lost/gain spam while in monk/shaman is dumb its too much it spams us all out...

YES I can gag it but in mudlet that just means prompt spam, but having a function to be able to only show health lost/gain might help with the spam for monk/shaman

http://pastebin.com/RhTHfyXg

The above was a minute at standing at City Portals!.. I only have mindnet and mindcloak on ....
    ArekaMoireanHavenPeriluna
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice if shop shelves could become rearrangeable - IE change where they display in the order (so you don't have to re-price everything on them if you want it to move down in the list). 
    MoireanPerilunaInfin
  • Deathsight should have a different activation message if your status is undead. Wise underking my perfectly preserved foot.
    NeithanInfin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    General shoutout to the @Admin, since I know plenty of them reading the forums. With the higher rankings thanks to our awesome community voting for the game on Top Mudsites (we're fighting for #4!) there's been talk of an influx of newbies, so I'd like to point out the following:

The website needs updating!

Game features - Player guilds - Still lists Druids, Paladins, Infernals, and Magi, not their new forms

Game features - Classes and skills - still shows Metamorphosis  and Toxicology for Sentinels

Game features - Gods - Doesn't mention Damariel, Maghak, Chakrasul (or Galleus who pops in now and then), but mentions Ysmali and Niuri, who are no more. Also refers to Iosyne as the Muse and Omei as the Dreamer. Much like the City page mentions Ashtan, perhaps a small mentioning of Gods that are gone could be added at the bottom instead?

Game features - Economics - does not mention talents, and Trade skills are referring to the old guilds. Also, I think vermin is handed to Ghada now, not Procurio. And Nysos in Duiran is not mentioned.

Moirean
  • MAKE Carnifex Reave on pair with all the other instant kills, reclaimation, judge, cleaver, chasm etc etc and give it more then just ONE DAM LINE ...

All instant kills I can think of from top of my head have 2/3 lines before death but that one ..

((I put it here since none of the bugs ever get looked at or fixed and I was unsure where else to put it!))