Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I'd be curious as to the choice of multiclassing's requirements.

Specifically you can be Tri-Virt (1800 lessons) to gain another class.
    OR
    You would be Dual-Trans - (3476 Lessons) to be able to get another class.

Seems wholly unfair for classes that have a mercantile/utility skillset. - Mages/Syssin (used to be Sentinels too, but they got fixed).

At the same time I can see the 'well to be combat ready, you only need 2 skillsets versus 3' argument, it also means if anyone sits in one of those guilds and wants to reach out and try another class to compliment it - Say Mage wants to be Shaman too, or Scio be Cabalist, then they have to invest TWICE as many lessons in their current class to be able to even grab the other.  This is a limiter on things around RP - Say Lycans for example. Lycan class is a HUGE RP class, I can fight in it easily enough (c'mon liaison reports!) but it's primarily RP because of its standing. As well, there are some classes that are just ROUGH to bash in without being artifacted/heavily invested, whereas the same lesson investment in another class could see you standing perfectly fine.

Example: Mage is Trans 1 skill, Virt 2nd skill. - Everything hurts to bash, trying desperately to get to endgame, but has to go slow as snot.
         - Really wants to look into picking up an alternative class, specifically for bashing/being a bit more tanky - Maybe Luminary.
         - HAS a nice load of lessons, but investing them to fully trans Crystalism, when PK isn't the primary choice of the character is wholly a waste, not to mention eating up valuable lessons that could be invested in the alternative class.

tl;dr
    I think Multiclassing requirements would be a lot better overall if it was a sound investment of 1800 lessons across any of the 3 skillsets of the class, rather than set in stone at Tri-Virt & Dual-Trans.

Would love to hear @Razmael or @Oleis take on this though.

So..short question: 'Could this happen?'
    ArbreErzsebet
  • I'm guessing, most people rather trans 2 skills or virts out 3... Also isn't syssin/mage getting something to replace enchantments/venoms like the Sentinels just did?

@Saybre
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested

• Nalor said:
    I'm guessing, most people rather trans 2 skills or virts out 3... Also isn't syssin/mage getting something to replace enchantments/venoms like the Sentinels just did?

@Saybre
    The idea is that all the older classes will be revamped at some point. That's the thing..at some point. We're talking literal RL years here. Seems like you should be a 'master' if you invest the same time (lessons) into multiple schools then if you had focused on a set number of others. I.e. I invest 900 in Skill A, 600 in SKILL B, and 300 in SKILL C.

I'd still have a good grasp of the class itself at that point. S'all I'm sayin.
  • @Saybre but it also works as ... When you can take on another class you can also GIVE out the class of the guild youre in.. so personally I think 3 virt or 2 trans works fine to stop people joining only using small amount of lessons, giving out class and switching guilds/classes...
    Arbre
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Nalor the giving of classes from the guilds is based on gaining GR3 and not skill investment.  If you are still an Apprentice in the class you can not give it out even if you are tri-trans
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Sarita
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Giving classes in guilds is NOT based on GR3. It is based on skill investment/time played. 

CLASS APPRENTICE <player> <class> - Offer to apprentice another         
    adventurer in your currently active class. In order to act as a Master 
    and offer Apprenticeship to another player, you must be a member of the 
    guild which supports the class. In addition, you must have either two   
    Transcendent class skills in that class, or three Virtuoso or higher    
    skills in that class. You may only apprentice up to two adventurers in a
    given year, and must have an average playtime of at least 20 hours per  
    week in order to take on an apprentice.
    hm when did they change that?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

It's always been like that, it's never been gr3 based. 
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It's been that way as long as I can remember. People really didn't like it when it went in because syssin were worried that random alts would start giving the class out to people the guild hadn't approved, even.
  • Macavity said:
    @Nalor the giving of classes from the guilds is based on gaining GR3 and not skill investment.  If you are still an Apprentice in the class you can not give it out even if you are tri-trans
    yes you can!! You dont need GR3 you can do it at any GR ... its based on time in realm and 2 trans or 3 virtuosos....

oopps late post :P
    I can tell you for a fact it has not always been that way.  When multiclassing came out it was once tied to GR3.  So sad to see that no more though.  oh well
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

It was not tied to gr3 when Multiclassing came out. That is an incorrect statement. The ONLY time it has been 'tied to gr3' was during an april fools prank. 
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    GAINING class is tied to GR3. That's retaining the class, even if you leave the guild.
  • Dyekits should include 'ashen' and 'ash-gray' - they have 'ash', but that looks stupid in almost every incarnation - long ash robes, ash leather boots, etc.
    Neithan
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Let me do "ii liquor," so I don't have to do ii cup, ii flask, ii wineskin, ii bottle, ii pitcher.
    NeithanPiperInfinPerilunaErzsebet
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Arbre said:
    Let me do "ii liquor," so I don't have to do ii cup, ii flask, ii wineskin, ii bottle, ii pitcher.
    Or ii booze
  • Unsure if this is for this topic or not, but PLEASE FIX Marcello so he's once again a honours mob.... :(
    InfinRiluo
  • another small ANNOYING Idea.. can we please get CITY PORTALS MAPPED so it shows up on the game MAP and config mapview on <><

Thanks
  • Not sure if it is a -small- idea, but when quitting a city, make it so quitting drops you from all related offices/aideships without having to quit particular ones, then quit the militia, then quit the city.
    ArbreInfin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can we perhaps PROBE DAGGER and see Who we're attuned to, assuming we're attuned?
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2014
    Marcello sucks I did the FULL quest three times several months ago and bugged it because I never got the line. Still waiting for my line to be fixed and added. Which it was meant to be per my converstions with a certain admin.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It's not like it's insanely hard to do, although I do miss being able to farm the 5k gold turnin. >_>
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited January 2014
    How about a configable option of seeing whenever a decision is posted on any liaison report? Liaisons already see this and since all report decisions are made public anyway, I really think it's something that should be considered. Would be really neat for the rest of us.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Sorry Alexina, your Banana ent had a lot of support but the unicorns admin just don't care about the playerbase.
    OmeiEzalor
    I voted yes for the banana.
    Riluo
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Alexina said:
    How about a configable option of seeing whenever a decision is posted on any liaison report? Liaisons already see this and since all report decisions are made public anyway, I really think it's something that should be considered. Would be really neat for the rest of us.
    That's on my list for next liaison round. Honestly thought it already existed.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Aishia said:
    Sorry Alexina, your Banana ent had a lot of support but the unicorns admin just don't care about the playerbase.
    We told you in the report. You're not getting a banana ent. It would clash with the Fruitblade class coming out in Albedos.

i am rapture coder
    ArbreAmberlea
    does this mean we can have a Pratchetterian dwarven baking class too? 
    I'm pretty sure Jensen already has a recipe for baked Dwarves.
    Arbre
    Riluo