Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• For the ATTIRE system, it would be great if say, when we looked at II WORN that it would tack on somewhere what actual 'slot' the item of clothing takes up. Like: "cloak1234"  a placeholder cloak, concealed. (shoulders)  or something to that extent.

It gets a little bit annoying when you have a lot concealed and you get 'You cannot wear another item in that location. Check PROBE to see where the item is worn.' -- Yes good sir, I know, but it would be LOVELY to know what is already there.

Thank you and have a great day.

ArbreAngweMacavityPiperPerilunaJaslineErzsebet
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'd love if the attire system didn't wrap stuff. I'm fairly sure the old system never wrapped the appearance line of worn items even if it was long, and it's seriously annoying when someone is wearing something and you can't even see what it is.
    Xenia
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Are you referring to wrapping (goes to the next line) or truncation (gets cut off)? They're both annoying for different reasons but I want to be sure before I investigate.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    edited December 2013
    dangling crystal-magnified, thirteen-pointed star ea..

The first time I saw this, I had no idea what the item was.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    [---]
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited December 2013
    Ferrik said:
    For the ATTIRE system, it would be great if say, when we looked at II WORN that it would tack on somewhere what actual 'slot' the item of clothing takes up. Like: "cloak1234"  a placeholder cloak, concealed. (shoulders)  or something to that extent.

It gets a little bit annoying when you have a lot concealed and you get 'You cannot wear another item in that location. Check PROBE to see where the item is worn.' -- Yes good sir, I know, but it would be LOVELY to know what is already there.

Thank you and have a great day.
    Or just remove wear slots. They are annoying and tedious and get in the way of functional item use (eg stag helm + bone helm, ylem amulets, order items, etc).
    Arbre
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    It would be so awesome if we could customise the speak and dance aspect of the minipets. Just saying. <.<
    FerrikMoireanPerilunaErzsebet
  • I'd like to be able to elicit illusions in Numerology!
    Shops available as a building upgrade. Kerryn's tavern already exists as precedent for this happening in some form, and letting people put shops in their houses would help solve the issue of there not being enough shops, while still have a VERY heavy cost (and hence limit) tied on to their creation.

Most importantly, letting guilds create a shop in their guildhall would make it easy for guilds to stock gear to equip novices, provide special shelves for various member ranks (ie cheap supplies or quality weapons for those who have completed a combat path) and so on.

The blanket building upgrade might be too much, but I think letting guilds add a shop for their members would be a really useful thing that would only help ensure members are supplied early on.
    RiluoHavenPeriluna
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Guilds don't have gh shops? I know the Syssin have one, though can't recall ever seeing one on my super dooper secret Templar alt.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    There are NPC shops and/or NPCs who sell stuff, but you need to go through a patron to add stuff to that, and most of those items are horribly overpriced (eg vials for like 750 gold or something nuts). With how far crafting has advanced, players can make a ton of cool and thematic stuff, so being able to physically stock a shop with a range of shelves for member supplies would be easy and engaging for us, save time for admin, ensure newbies get cheap gear and make it easier for guilds to reward members through access to special shelves and stuff.
    I don't know. I sort of feel like there should be competition for customers and that designated guild/house shops available only to members would remove that altogether.
    Erzsebet
    You could limit the store-room size if it's a concern. I was imagining that guild-specific stuff would be sold in the shops, things like tapestries and custom armor and basic equipment with the newbie discount flag, ie stuff you wouldn't be selling to the general public anyways.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013

Bouchard (now Nebre'seir) has a house servant that sells items. I think house rings, weaponbelts, and other custom designs. You would think other guilds could get a npc that sells half a dozen items max!

UPDATE: Perhaps guilds could sell refills from guild casks or full vials of curatives via a npc "servant". Whereby you could store 200 of each commodity or slice/plant with them.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    most guilds now a days have either an NPC or an NPC run shop that sells items for novices and that are guild specific, but I think what Moirean is wanting is something like an actually shop ran by a Player in the Guilds/Houses themselves.  

Which in this case I would also like as well, at least it would be easier for Novices or New players to find something like that in the safety of the GHs than having to venture out and find a shop based on a GHELP that may or may not have the correct directions to get to the shop the Guild owns in the city.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Ishin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Moirean: I think that'd be cool if guilds returned to the trend of using quartermasters and if the Admin made it an official position like Head of Novices. It could be a power added to the Head of Novices role or a new position all together, although I'd prefer the latter because I don't think it ought to be exclusive to just the novices of the guild.

As far as I'm aware, each guild has a "store" NPC or rather a quartermaster NPC that is stocked with guild stuff. We ought to take advantage of that. Make it so this new role has access to modify this NPC's wares for the guild and set prices.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited December 2013
    I would really like to see a total revamp of the Guild system and positions altogether to be honest.  

Something like the city has, where you have the GM, their supporting staff of 4 possible City leaders, then Ministries from there to others.  I realize that some guilds, including my own Teradrim, are not active enough to fill all those positions, but I think it would be a great way to get the guild system going again, in where if people see other positions open and able to do stuff then people would strive to fill them.  Also this would give more options to the GMs and the Guild to have more people involved rather than just a few members on the Council and a Novice Head

oh and the same for Houses as well
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Yeah the NPCs are currently only stocked by the admins and most of them are really overpriced in the stuff they sell. It'd be nice if we could just do that on our own with a shop.

Regarding quartermasters:

Moirean said:
    Also on the topic of guild statuses, I loved the idea mentioned a bit back about orgs being able to own shops. Formalize that even more by letting GMs appoint people "quartermasters" or "merchants" which would grant them access to the guild shop, privs associated with that, and also let them withdraw a modest amount of money from the guild bank (like maybe 10-25k/day) for any needs. 

In a similar vein, maybe also let people be appointed "captains" or "officers" in cities/guilds, which would give them some useful PK/security/combat-related commands, such as the ability to lock/unlock doors, execute special commands in an org's sparring room (maybe view command input from another player in the room? That would be a REALLY useful tool for training others), set enemies (for a guild, security ministry covers that for a city).

A third option along this vein would be a role of guild "scribes" or "scholars" - they could serve as org librarians, make/edit projects, update org helpfiles.

While many of these things might be covered by secretary statuses or rank privs, often you only want one aspect covered by someone, or you don't want to bloat out your secretary ranks, but you still want to let people progress in the leadership ladder and contribute.

Not only would these make things a lot easier logistically from an org leader standpoint, it'd also be a nice thing to bestow on someone - having a cool status you can see on score and when others check org lists really can be awesome engagement and motivation, especially for newer or less heavily active players, and it would let leaders parcel out advancements in discrete bits. 

• I think it'd be cool if Dissect in Necromancy produced whole organs instead of automatically slicing them up before they're removed from the corpse.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Idriya said:
    I think it'd be cool if Dissect in Necromancy produced whole organs instead of automatically slicing them up before they're removed from the corpse.
    It used to, but they changed it to make things simpler. You used to be able to have whole organs and then have to slice them, so you could sell the whole organ versus the slices. Was a mess in shopkeeping sometimes, and taking organs out of your cache versus getting slices out of your cache.

• Solaria said:
    Idriya said:
    I think it'd be cool if Dissect in Necromancy produced whole organs instead of automatically slicing them up before they're removed from the corpse.
    It used to, but they changed it to make things simpler. You used to be able to have whole organs and then have to slice them, so you could sell the whole organ versus the slices. Was a mess in shopkeeping sometimes, and taking organs out of your cache versus getting slices out of your cache.
    Yeah, but... removing features entirely for the sake of simplicity is kinda meh. Besides, can't you do heart_slice and kidney_slice for individual slices?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well it was kind of considered unfair that you could have a cache full of slices AND unsliced organs compared to how herbs work.
  • Can we get this fixed

inpot 200 gold in pot - for concoctions? its trying to inpot '200 items' of gold and not 200 gold soverign..

Most people hold alot of gold in the inv so it trying to get 200 items of gold is wrong, its only suppose to get 200 gold soverign....

@Oleis

or does anyone know a way to inpot 200 gold in pot, while having more then 200 gold in the inv??
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    I put my gold in my pack before doing it.

I totally forgot the other day, though, and lost like 50k gold. :(
  • Moirean said:
    I put my gold in my pack before doing it.

I totally forgot the other day, though, and lost like 50k gold. :(
    Its why I want it fixed so you CAN inpot 200 gold, and not lose 200k because the coding is wrong!

• Another Idea similar to AFFLICT SHOW but have it for combat messages..

spending a hour waiting for someone to get a combat message line to add, then realising IT DOESNT have one... is disapointing...
    Nalor said:
    Another Idea similar to AFFLICT SHOW but have it for combat messages..

spending a hour waiting for someone to get a combat message line to add, then realising IT DOESNT have one... is disapointing...
    Code-wise, that's not possible, unfortunately. The systems don't work in the same way. The format for abilities will always be Skill Ability (such as Devotion Piety). If a toxin is delivered or a limb targeted, that will be appended in parentheses. Sometimes (prep), (tick), (failure) or (end) will be appended, as appropriate.
    [---]
  • @Oleis I know but a guy can wish cant he?

Is the other, inpot 200 gold, fixable?
    :o3
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    There's a liaison report to remove the gold requirement completely since the reanimation equivalent doesn't require it. I would wait and see how that plays out

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MacavityOleis
  • Daskalos said:
    There's a liaison report to remove the gold requirement completely since the reanimation equivalent doesn't require it. I would wait and see how that plays out
    ahh .. Didn't know that... thanks