Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Meant the 'make it more intuitive' bit.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Macavity said:
    Toz said:
    And crystals, actually. They don't even show an ID number on wares, just cube_crystal or whatever, and no combination of those words seems to work.
    if the crystal was removed from cube then it would cause issues with the cube sigil.  at least I think
    You should be able to reference cube sigils as cubesigil.

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Being a crafter, my cache is rather cluttered, with both commodities and food and herbs. I know you can type ic com to only see commodities, but would it be possible to get ic food and ic herbs, so you easily can check what herbs you are running low on, instead of looking through the entire cache list or having to check them one by one?
    Infin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Sessizlik
    IC PLANT will show only plants.
    IC FRUIT will show most of the fruits, but not all of them. I don't know if that's a miss with templates, maybe?

• Try 'ic plant'

Ah, should've figured that one out. <.< Thank you, @Teani and @Xavin!
  • Would be really nice if that worked on shops! IE: SHOPIC PLANT/COMMODITY/WHATEVER
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Periluna said:
    Would be really nice if that worked on shops! IE: SHOPIC PLANT/COMMODITY/WHATEVER
    wait?!?!   it doesnt??   It should!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Macavity said:
    Periluna said:
    Would be really nice if that worked on shops! IE: SHOPIC PLANT/COMMODITY/WHATEVER
    wait?!?!   it doesnt??   It should!
    Pretty sure it only works on... slices and inks, and that's only because they have the word in the item name.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    If I'm understanding the code correctly, it operates on the same basic function as PROBE and things like that. If you can refer to an item by a name, IC <word> will show it. I could be wrong.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Oleis said:
    If I'm understanding the code correctly, it operates on the same basic function as PROBE and things like that. If you can refer to an item by a name, IC <word> will show it. I could be wrong.
    That's correct. With personal caches, you can IC <item type> and see all the items of that type. Doesn't work for shop caches though (which is mostly like the PROBE function.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ah! I see what you were getting at. Misread things. We can make that change.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArbrePeriluna
    @Oleis to the rescue!!  <3
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Few people actually eat a whole cake themselves, right? I know there is such a thing as slice in crafting, but that can be used for so many other things too. However, if you want to make a birthday/wedding cake, you want to be able to share it, withouth having people eating entire cakes.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to SLICE <cake> to turn it into x pieces. For example:

You slice a chocolate cake into 5 piece.

ih: 5 slices of chocolate cake

PerilunaPiperArbre
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    That would be neat, though would need additional fields for the slice descs. 

I have 'prop' items for a feast and then a plate design for actual eating, that has samples of all of the props, just to get around the lack of portioning. Could do similar - slice design and then the cake design, just use the cake as a prop and then hand out slices, in the meanwhile. 
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I do pretty much the same thing - make individual slices, and then a full-size one for prop purposes. Another option is to make small, personal-sized versions. Saves a lot of trouble.
  • Bladefire - Resonance

To utilize this power, use the following syntax:
    RESONANCE <target> <DIAGNOSE|WOUNDS>

Can we get a second options for diagnose, like diagnose short, that lays out their afflictions in a list, or in some other way that isn't so screen filling. Some might love the way it is now, but I'd love a second way to see this information

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    @Belgarion, your signature is obnoxiously huge.
    MoireanSetneArbreAngwe
  • @Belgarion - I literally just got that fixed like..three days ago to actually..y'know..WORK as a skill. The report I filed a year ago. Much <3 for Oleis for responding!

A capture script for Diag isn't that hard. Just grab whatever it finds until Prompt.  An easier fix would be to just have them add a line at the end of resonance diagnose like 'You conclude your glance at so-and-so's well-being.'
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Iron coin market that allows us to sell for credits or gold.
    PiperDaskalosPeriluna
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Arbre said:
    Iron coin market that allows us to sell for credits or gold.
    This has been requested a few times, and I don't know why it doesn't exist. Right now, getting your hands on coins means hoping an ally or at least side-aligned person has the coins you want, and will sell them - or bending your moral rp to buy coins from another party.

tl;dr do want too
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • I sell iron coins at 1:1 to anyone. I don't think I've ever had anyone turn me down because of alignment either - seems silly to do so. Especially since you're shooting yourself in the foot to not.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

ArbrePeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I treat credit and coin sales as essentially OOC purchases. I thought everyone did. O.o
    ArbrePerilunaDraiman
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Toz said:
    I sell iron coins at 1:1 to anyone. I don't think I've ever had anyone turn me down because of alignment either - seems silly to do so. Especially since you're shooting yourself in the foot to not.
    Some people don't really care. It's not something that'll probably come up, and it's not really something that needs to be factored into the overall existence of most characters.

I care, and will continue to shoot myself in the foot for moral reasons so long as I play a moralistic character. Of course, this is why I really want that market. So that I can buy coins from the bad guys while Daingean can remain upon his high horse. Or gentle pony. Whichever.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Arbre
  • You're doing pretty much the same thing, regardless - I just view credits as mostly an OOC construct, along with iron coins. If you buy on the market, it's no different than buying from the character, except there's no name attached. You could do the same thing by a friend buying them from 'someone' on your behalf- codedly there's no difference and really, if you're going to view it all as IC, ICly there's no difference. If your character is that die-hard about something IC, wouldn't they have a problem with anonymous purchases even more, since there's no way to verify if the gold's going to benefit St. Orphansaver or Abhemorhage, the Bloodlochian Super-Vamp?

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

MoireanArbreXavinPerilunaBakhtuh
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I generally view all market transactions as borderline OOC anyways.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Can Cardinals please be added to the list of people who can edit CHELPs? All the other ministers can. :(
    MacavityAreka
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Research can't either unless that got changed in the last few weeks.
    Sarita said:
    Research can't either unless that got changed in the last few weeks.
    This has been requested several times, and I honestly do not know why this has never been updated.  @Oleis??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Moirean said:
    Can Cardinals please be added to the list of people who can edit CHELPs? All the other ministers can. :(
    Not sure how good an idea that is, due to the nature of that ministry.

Areka