Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think on the very rare chance a divinely appointed choice went on a rage spree for some weird reason and deleted all the CHELPs the admin would probably help restore them.

Spines uses the Cardinal for more than just a blessingbot. We basically have the role run like a culture minister/ambassador for religion/orders, and being able to edit CHELPs regarding the shrine links, the cathedral, events, etc would be very useful. ATM they just have to mail me letters for me to do it and that's tiring. >_<
    Piper
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Could just use projects for that stuff right?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Projects are oddly not as accessible as chelps, as far as orgs are concerned - we direct everyone to (org)help indexes, it's a different part of the culture. It'd be nice if Cardinals could help with helpfile maintenance without having to pester everyone else (except research - I used to have to send updates to Roux because not many else would respond in any sort of a timely fashion). 
  • I don't know if this is just a bug or what, but it'd be nice if when learning you only use the lessons it took to get to the skill to transcendent. Example would be: 

Skill                 Remaining   Learned     Next
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Antidotes             35           659           35
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Lessons        : 143 

Your skill in Antidotes has risen to Transcendent.

Lessons        : 83 

It took 60 lessons (I was learning automatically instead of manually) but I only needed 35 to transcend. :(
    ArbreHaven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Periluna: All the lessons are still in that skill, I believe, just as an invisible overflow.

• It's a really small thing, but I would love it if the person I was guild/cityfavouring actually got a message with the reason for why I was doing so. I know it's available in the org logs and that, often, favours are basically the spammy way of promoting someone, but I still think it would be nice for the person getting the guild/cityfavour to have their own personal record of why they got it.
    Arbre
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Please please please please please let us link our daggers to the city.  I don't use linked shrines because I refuse to let an artifact I worked hard to get be rendered pointless.
    KerrynJensenArekaAarbrokMoireanTeaniPiperDemarcusErzsebet
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Artifact Ylem Gauntlets.....let me use my pretty customised one for my Crossbow mount....
    I dont like wearing two...it looks silly.  And my OCD has issue with me concealing things that.....are not really concealed
    Like that thong.
    AarbrokArbrePeriluna
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Would be nice if the artifact coffin allowed vampires to entomb in any class, but only upon death. Would give a reason for many people to buy it.
    ArbreMacavityErzsebet
  • I asked this before but no one said anything as its kind of annoying!

gmcp.Char.Skills.Groups - shows, class, mini, and all other skills such as crafting general, mercantile etc but... it doesnt show ENDGAME unless you do, raceskill list...

Can we please add endgame skills to this list ^ maybe in a 'endgame' part and it just list which ones you hold/have .... Would make coding soo much easier for them who like to track endgame skills

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I'd love eternally if someone'd take that terrible $Name_his_yours thing out and shoot it, and let us just add and extra 's' to the name to make it into a plural.

An example of an emote that totally never happened between @Saybre and any of my characters:

emote (Looking happily at $Saybre,) grins and says, "Of course I would let you!" Bashfully lacing his fingers with $Saybre'ss, he flutters his eyelashes coquettishly and adds, "But you have to wear those heeled boots, the whole time."
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    MireiaHaven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    emote (Looking happily at $Saybre,) grins and says, "Of course I would let you!" Bashfully lacing his fingers with $Saybre_hiss, he flutters his eyelashes coquettishly and adds, "But you have to wear those heeled boots, the whole time."

Like this, if anything then.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Sometimes those things get a bit less buggy if you don't capitalize the name after $ when using it. I have no idea why.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I've found it was the opposite, Sarita. I think it's consistency. If you capitalize one thing after $, you have to capitalize them all and vice-versa.
    HavenTeaniArbreHadoryu
    I just use "you" unless there are other people in the room, in which case I go afk or emote at my doppleganger because f group RP.
    OmeiElyniAarbrokJensen
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah those spying Gods deserve to be smacked in the face by your emotes anyways.
    HavenErzsebet
    I feel if anyone is spying, pfft, that's on them, they can deal with the yous.
    SaybreErzsebet
  • I feel violated sometimes when I walk into a room and someone uses an untargeted you :(

ArekaAngweArbreTeaniHadoryu
  • Xavin needs to stop Phase watching Mud...extreme-hugging.
    Periluna
  • It's not even that. Just...people don't know how to target and it's bothersome!

• Please to be adding things like..

IC METAL

Now that we can cache like..everything (which I love), this includes copper, tin, nickel, etc. So being able to narrow that field would be sweeeet.

Example. IC METAL

5 silver
    5 goldbar
    5 steel
    5 tin
    5 copper
    5 pewter
    5 nickel
    5 bronze
    5 iron

etc etc.
    IC shows what's inside the cache. INC just puts stuff inside. He wants a way to peek inside and see all his metals.
    Saybre
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Xavin said:
    It's not even that. Just...people don't know how to target and it's bothersome!
    I just dont feel like memorizing the table for he/she her/his your ect...
    Haven
    Could we get the option to customize the prefix on war cries, like we can shouts?

For a great many of our characters, the 'battle rage' and 'screaming' part of war cries make it entirely impractical to use.

I'd really like to be able to call something out in the heat of battle without making it look like my character - who nearly never feels much of anything - is suddenly gripped by a rage he's nearly incapable of. Also, Daingean speaks in a monotone, most times. He sounds basically like an Irish Ben Stein (you're welcome for that auditory suggestion) so he'd be entirely disinclined to scream anything, battle rage or not.

I can emote it, I guess, but that takes balance.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Why not use says? o.o
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Because 'says' won't let me use words like 'intones'. <,<
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Sure it will,

Say (In a monotone droll like Irish Ben stein) We head to battle, prepare yourselves
    SetneRiluo