Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Can we have lipreading as a racial skill choice?

Murmur is my third least favorite thing eveeeeer.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm guessing that won't happen because lipreading is a class skill rather than a skill tied to any pre-endgame race. That said, I would love it if all the pre-endgame race skills were available to endgame as well. There are a few like grooming that were never on the list and that don't affect combat at all. A few of the regens might and that might be why they got left off, but I'd love to have things like lunar regen, fire retardant, and those added in.

I would also really, really like a way to get a list of skills we've already chosen.
  • @Sarita raceskill list

Also. Booze damage is -ridiculous-. 6k damage before I could even heal.

imageimage
    @Sarita - RACESKILL LIST.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Blood reserves would be another great racial skill to add to endgame choices. That's one of the main reasons I picked human for Sarita.
    Sarita said:
    Blood reserves would be another great racial skill to add to endgame choices. That's one of the main reasons I picked human for Sarita.
    @Sarita - it's there. It's a level one skill. RACESKILL CHOICES will show you any of the race skills you can select that you haven't already chosen.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It would be great if guilds could set referendums to be able to be voted on by all guild members, not just gr3+

REFERENDUM CREATE FOR GUILD ALL | REFERENDUM CREATE FOR GUILD RANKED
    AngweArbreFerrikInfin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It would also be nice if we could search chelp/ghelp etc, like you can searchnews, for words (would help with finding outdated information, especially when you've many files). 
    Arbre
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    the ability to attune my sacrificial dagger to @oleis
    ArbreInfin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Some sort of way to cheap your respawn timer for instances (this has potential for future growth, with raids and etc). Could be a cheap-o artifact, some ylem item, city research bonus, etc etc. Would be nice to have.
    PerilunaArbre
  • Probably not really a small idea, but I didn't want to start a thread over it:

Would be nice if the in-game path find system could be configurable to dash/gallop in situations where appropriate. I know some third party solutions can do this, but I personally prefer to use the game's built in system.
    Rawr
    Angwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Would it be possible to combine bandagelist into elixlist? I'm not sure why Undead need 3 commands to see their supplies (Elixlist for serums and venoms and what not, Bandagelist for their salves, and Syringelist for their pipes) while the Living only need 2 commands (Pipelist for their pipes and Elixlist for everything else.)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Draiman
  • The ability to set like, a temporary discount and a threshold for that discount in a shop would be kind've cool. As a sort of incentive to buy stuff beyond the very basic things that people need.

From a roleplaying standpoint, it'd be like: Oh, I see you've spent X amount of gold in my shop this month buying Y, have 15% off for the next thing you buy today.

imageimage
    HavenPiperWinterlynn
  • @Oleis or @Razmael

You drop Nysaac.
    H:100% M:100%
    A clay golem is already hostile towards Nysaac.
    H:100% M:100%
    You quickly lash out with your whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked blls to batter Nysaac in
    quick succession.

The new Grabbing corpse config skill is AWESOME but can we like have it NOT pick up creatures which starburst?

I really didnt know I had that skill on til ^^ ..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    That is an existing bug just expanded to the new config. Hounds and golems have done it for quite some time.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited February 2014
    I know but maybe now with the new config it'll be looked into @moirean instead of just adding onto my big bug list which never gets looked at
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can we please have something more to do with haven points?  Specifically being able to give/sell them?
    AngwePerilunaJensenInfin
    Arbre said:
    Can we please have something more to do with haven points?  Specifically being able to give/sell them?

You could always build old duiran in your haven
    OmeiPeriluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    No joke.  I could probably do it.
    Infin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited February 2014
    I liked @Alexina's idea of a full sized chess board! You could make pieces and move them around and stuff.
    Remove the balance/eq cost for checking credits/ironcoins for sale. Wasn't it put there to stop people from autobuying and gaming it? Seems unnecessary and other IREs don't have it. The only time I feel tempted to browse is while I'm bashing or enchanting and bored, and never can. >_<
    DraimanArbreErzsebetRiluoPerilunaDaskalos
  • When you check BOUNTIES in a Constabulary, have the reason listed next to the name and fine of the person with a bounty.

We have to give the reasons for the bounties when we set them (SETBOUNTY OMEI 2000 GETTING IN MY PERSONAL SPACE), and they often get lost in the logs if the bounty isn't claimed in a RL week...so if we need to claim the bounty after it's gone from the logs, we'd be hard-pressed to give a reason why (which we're required to know per HELP PK or HELP FAQ or something like that) if we didn't write it down in a Notepad file or something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

MoireanDaskalosArbreHaven
    Rivas said:
    When you check BOUNTIES in a Constabulary, have the reason listed next to the name and fine of the person with a bounty.

We have to give the reasons for the bounties when we set them (SETBOUNTY OMEI 2000 GETTING IN MY PERSONAL SPACE), and they often get lost in the logs if the bounty isn't claimed in a RL week...so if we need to claim the bounty after it's gone from the logs, we'd be hard-pressed to give a reason why (which we're required to know per HELP PK or HELP FAQ or something like that) if we didn't write it down in a Notepad file or something.

I've asked for this before as I'm sure others have. Not sure why we don't have it, probably has to do with difficulty
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I don't see why that should be tricky. I'll check it out.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArbreRivas
    Could do it like the enemystatus output. Giving the date the reason and the person
    Rivas
    edited February 2014
    Not sure if this is possible, but for the mob dialogue,  could we send the pre determined response but have the room message show an emoted response in its place?  Jensen doesn't talk like the given replies want him to.
  • edited February 2014
    Jensen said:
    Not sure if this is possible, but for the mob dialogue,  could we send the pre determined response but have the room message show an emoted response in its place?  Jensen doesn't talk like the given replies want him to.
    At first I ran into that problem a little bit too. However:

Usage: CONFIG DIALOGUE <ON|HIGHLIGHT|OFF>

Turns mob dialogue prompts on or off. If you choose HIGHLIGHT then dialogues will be on, but will also colour
    the trigger words the mob responds to, so you can easily form your own responses.

This will show you what the actual trigger words of said response are and you can kind of work around that most of the times anyway.

Edit: It would be great if the the forum's clickable buttons for 'code', 'quote' or 'spoiler' were actually clickable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

MoireanPiper
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I can't tell you how many posts I've never submitted because I can never get them through on my phone.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DraimanAngwe
  • Jensen said:
    We have a lot of flexibility in the ways we can make a mob react to what you say. With a little careful planning, we can create complex responses that still allow a drawl or what have you. I try to encourage my fellow divine to set them up this way.

If you find a mob whose dialogue is too wooden, message me and I'll see if I can loosen 'em up.

i am rapture coder
    Omei said:
    Jensen said:
    We have a lot of flexibility in the ways we can make a mob react to what you say. With a little careful planning, we can create complex responses that still allow a drawl or what have you. I try to encourage my fellow divine to set them up this way.

If you find a mob whose dialogue is too wooden, message me and I'll see if I can loosen 'em up.

Appreciated, I didn't know I could do the highlight option Ferrik mentioned. Jensen doesn't usually pronounce the "g" in "ing" but if its only one word here or there I don't mind. Thanks guys!