Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    That loud mudsex will be hilariously awesome.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • IMO, mudsex would be a stupid thing to use it for, since you wouldn't be able to SEE people mudsexing for a five room radius unless they're outside/banging in public somewhere. Unless you split up a the emote into having one with just sound. In which case, amusing, probably.
    imageimage
  • Aishia said:
    [b]Think it comes off kinda potentially abusive or annoying.[/b]
    Shouts are this already. I play shoutsoff at almost all times - I'd like the local shout thing, but throw in a config for that too.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Needless to say, if we even considered this option, it would be enforced the same as shouts.

i am rapture coder
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There should probably be an indicator that it's a ranged emote, eg:

"In the distance, you hear: <blah>"
    ErzsebetAngweEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Haven said:

Can we get a simple deaths version of deathsight added?

Example:
    Mazzion has slain Ezalor. (Feed)
    They were assisted by: Murad

No! Then everyone misses the glory of my groinrip kills!!
  • Make dissecting faster the higher you are in reanimation. 2 sec per slice group is rather long, been at it for 30 minutes so far.

ArbreInfin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Exit emotes please? E,g: ex(it)m(ote) [exit] Rising abruptly from his chair Setne, moves quickly towards the exit, barreling over any in his way. which would then actually have you leave the room.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanCiarelleEmelle
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

There was an auction artifact for that, so I'm not sure they'd let us have them

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    That's not really what the artifact was though - the artifact just changed your standard entrance/exit messages. 
  • Combat implications on leave though, unless it still appended 'Soanso leaves to the blah' on a new line or some such.
    Saybre said:
    Combat implications on leave though, unless it still appended 'Soanso leaves to the blah' on a new line or some such.
    How so? It'd be like regular emoting and take balance and the idea is to allow someone to use an emote in conjunction with leaving instead of having to emote leaving, then just regular leaving, which can add to certain rp situations. Last night is when the idea came to me after going to exit some rp and wishing I could have done what I did and leave in one simple emote. It'd still update gmcp and such on use.

Ingram said:
  • The player gmcp is still a bit odd to code for a lot of people, and completely negating a standard leave trigger would put those not using it in a bind. GMCP is to make things easier, not necessarily taking away existing things.

Anyway, can we PLEASE lower the balance time on harvesting rocks? Even with the balance enhancement, it's 3.72 seconds..blugh. It should be like..flat 1 second or something.
    Areka
    Saybre said:
    The player gmcp is still a bit odd to code for a lot of people, and completely negating a standard leave trigger would put those not using it in a bind. GMCP is to make things easier, not necessarily taking away existing things.

Anyway, can we PLEASE lower the balance time on harvesting rocks? Even with the balance enhancement, it's 3.72 seconds..blugh. It should be like..flat 1 second or something.
    Using the emote would have the same restrictions as regular movement(though now that I think about it, you couldn't properly do standing and exiting with it), in that you couldn't leave while hindered or anything. If you can leave the room, why use balance and an emote to do it?

Ingram said:
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    On the subject of rocks, if we could keep balance when trying to harvest from a room that's already been harvested rather than lose it for the full amount of time, that would be awesome.
    Infin
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I know I suggested this before, but I can't remember if it was these forums or the old ones:

I want a 'bang' emote that works just like 'knock' but has a radius within the domicile attached to the door.

Daingean bangs loudly upon the $dir door.

You raise your fist and bang loudly upon the $dir door.

Alternatively, when used with an item [if this is possible.]: You raise $item and bang it loudly upon the $dir door.

Inside the house: You hear the unmistakable sound of someone banging on the door.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    OmeiArbre
    @Setne: Oh god, you're signature. xD Sailor Man!
    havenbanner2
    Emelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Sarita said:
    On the subject of rocks, if we could keep balance when trying to harvest from a room that's already been harvested rather than lose it for the full amount of time, that would be awesome.
    It already kinda does that. It's half the time if you've already harvested that room.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    With plants, if you walk over a room you've already harvested it just yells at you, it doesn't take any balance.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Give the Self Affirmations section the ability for a thread maker to allow comments in their thread to be anonymous. I feel like this would make that section far more effective in fulfilling its actual purpose. Would still be moderated, of course.
    HavenArbreRivasDraimanOmeiJensenJaslineHadoryu
    Can arenas be altered to have a prep room that doesn't decrease the time limit? Or maybe stop having defenses clear on death or something from the arena? Something like:

Fanico challenges Xon.
    Xon accepts.

Xon and Fancio are both moved into a prep room where they can def up. No violence allowed here. When ready, they move north (or any exit really) and they're randomly deposited into the arena where the 10 minute time limit then begins. Much like the arena, most resources are NOT consumed here. If both players haven't left the prep room within 5 minutes, challenge is aborted and both are ousted with a forfeited loss. No gold refund.

This way they're allotted the full arena time limit if needed. Right now, we kind of have this unspoken rule that we're not to attack each other until the other person is ready and some people (some times its just the class's fault with its ridiculously long def up sequence like BB) take a really, really long time to get ready and it ends up wasting a lot of arena time... So yeah, I think it'd be nice if the game supported an official "get ready" period for the arena.
    havenbanner2
    AngweMoireanArbreSaybreSetneRiluoTeaniRivasWinterlynn
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    ^ you win at life

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Could we get something (a message, or...whatever) that -tells- us when people we're engaged to get deleted. I feel like I should've known quicker than I did from an IC standpoint that my character's husbandchilde thing was gone. I just don't often honors myself--and when I do, it's usually because I'm looking for my age and I just skim right past the stuff that's always there because it never goes anywhere...till now. >.>
    imageimage
    ArbreWinterlynn
  • Clearly not the most romantic marriage!

i am rapture coder
  • Was it supposed to be? >.> Think we missed that memo.
    imageimage
  • The changelog about the Family names being used put this idea in my head.

Could we do something more with bloodlines? Like, register the names or something, so you can do like "bloodline show family arcan" and it list everyone in some type of family tree.

Iono I think it'd be a cool feature. Maybe a lot of work too, and a headache to figure out who was the "first" and etc etc.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

HavenInfin
  • Erzsebet said:
    Was it supposed to be? >.> Think we missed that memo.
    @Omei doesn't know about marriage for political convenience. ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Ezalor said:
    Give the Self Affirmations section the ability for a thread maker to allow comments in their thread to be anonymous. I feel like this would make that section far more effective in fulfilling its actual purpose. Would still be moderated, of course.
    Unless I am mistaken, vanillaforums currently doesn't support that option/add-on on an official level. There are some plug-ins for it, but as they're not from the company itself as an option, we probably won't be able to do it. I do really like that idea, but alas. I feel like our forums may be held together by spit, bubblegum and a prayer at times.
  • Haern said:
    Unless I am mistaken, vanillaforums currently doesn't support that option/add-on on an official level. There are some plug-ins for it, but as they're not from the company itself as an option, we probably won't be able to do it. I do really like that idea, but alas. I feel like our forums may be held together by spit, bubblegum and a prayer at times.
    They don't. If IRE is using vanillaforums for hosting then it's entirely possible there's no way to add plugins. There is definitely better forum software out there for high capacity forums, but I don't imagine IRE will be going through another forum change in the near future.