Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You can do a wide range of special exits/entrances for hours. For my house, example, you have to solve riddles that a pair of bickering gargoyles give you. Just message Razmael and be prepared to pay out 250 credits.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    For the shrine linking - I LOVE that this gives bashers/non-pkers an ability to contribute.

However, the returns seem a bit mrph. A round of Xaanhal (200398 essence) was 90 ylem - roughly the same as 2-3 eld. Rather than ylem-per-corpse, would having it be a fraction of the essence offered, be considered? 1/100th even (making that Xaanhal run 200 ylem, still less than a leyline). 
    DaskalosMoireanLin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    90 ylem is barely -1- eld, not even 3. You get about 77-83\eld.  Numbers need some serious adjustment. I'd say 3/1000th - that round would become worth about 600 or so.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Maybe make it like Great Hunt, where tougher mobs are worth more ylem.
    Oh oh, and a way to fuse a ylem shard or something to our sacrificial daggers so that they can link to the linked shrines? That'd be lovely. 
    ArbreMoireanZaephlyn
  • Have alertness/lifescent show the direction of the movement.

• Not sure if this has ever been offered, might be more of a pain in the butt than it's worth.
    Haven rooms marked as outdoors should allow users with Spark to regenerate in the sunlight, just like they do on the normal plane.
    Not sure about everyone else but that +1 spark every now and then saves me a meditation trip once in awhile!

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'd love it if the sun generated more spark. Or even if the class was reworked around 1 resource rather than 3.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Zaephlyn
  • Haven said:
    I'd love it if the sun generated more spark. Or even if the class was reworked around 1 resource rather than 3.
    I think this would be a huge help, the only thing/reason I can see there being a 'no' said to that might be because of the spark boon artifact/power that is sold.

Rou
    edited July 2013
    Can we have 'CITY RESEARCH' list the various syntaxes, like doing 'DESIGN' and such does? 

EDIT: And for Cardinal to be able to edit chelps >>
    AldricPiperMoirean
  • Hunting Areas.. Make another fish area, like kelsy. So we can get bladder a little easier instead of going to 5 different areas for a few fish!

MastemaSessizlikMoireanErzsebet
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    While we're at it, I've been told that research ministers can't edit chelps either.
    Yeah, I've had to have Roux update Eno's CHELP RESEARCH because Aryanne couldn't. :x
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I would really like a command like Lusternia's audit that list all items that have less than a certain number of months left on them, with the base being 25.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited July 2013
    Take away Woodlore Darts. Make the snake companion a copy of the vampire's ghast. Boom, Sentinels won't have to run and set up darts just to achieve a basic lock and we're using different traps, finally.

EDIT: This was mostly @Kaeus' idea, not mine. An alternative solution he came up with was giving Sentinels Quickfoot back, but taking Woodlore Darts away still. Because relying on darts SUCKS SO MUCH ASS IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM.
  • I would almost rather see quickfoot back with darts gone instead of giving sentinels an ent that powerful.

• edited July 2013
    Xavin said:
    I would almost rather see quickfoot back with darts gone instead of giving sentinels an ent that powerful.
    I mean, Sentinel aff speed is CLEARLY balanced around having darts proccing. Having such an unreliable aff method being required to be at a competitive affliction rate seems like an iffy mechanic at best. That ent would essentially replicate darts, and also make them not consume a UNICORNS-ton of venoms from setting down a trap. You would probably need to have the ability to swap what venom it is secreting/applying take a decent bit of balance so that you can make it swap super easily mid combat and have an extremely dynamic tick. It would also open up the use of the other in-room traps to actually be used!

I do have to agree with Angwe though, relying on traps is EXTREMELY frustrating. You are forced to drag people into a room or turtle in a room to have them activate, they fade after 25 applications (which goes by quickly in a decent fight), and many (MANY) people just leave and refuse to fight in darts because they simply don't have to.
  • I've always said the snake should be able to attack and inflict whatever venom it was secreting at the time.

Well isn't the 3rd skillset supposed to help with this issue? Something about wrist bows. I might be remembering wrong though.
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Well isn't the 3rd skillset supposed to help with this issue? Something about wrist bows. I might be remembering wrong though.
    Soon.

Yeah, maybe sometime soon in the future ain't good enough. I want a bandaid NOW.

In protest, I think I'm going to post an easy bandaid fix everyday until SOMETHING is fucking done. This is ridiculous.
    Atrapoema
  • To be fair Angwe, there are classes that have needed bandaid fixes way longer than Sentinel. Honestly bandaid fixes can also create more problems than they solve unless they are properly tested and balanced. This would more be an idea for liaisoning unless Sentinel changes were really that close.
    AtrapoemaLinEzalor
    While that may be true, no other class has been so throughly nerfed into the ground that they can only achieve kills if a. the opponent is low level or curing badly or b. such a specific condition is met that an application of mass and a ring of flood renders their opponent invincible.
    Atrapoema
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Hi, I'm a Cabalist and I have no sympathy for you.
    AlistaireEleanorMastemaEzalorPerilunaEsper
    @lin
    Heh. Point.

Didn't @Serrice pwnface everyone with the current incarnation of Sentinel before moving onto Syssin?

havenbanner2
    AldricLinAtrapoema
    Lin said:
    Hi, I'm a Cabalist and I have no sympathy for you.
    Stop trying to kill me/get me killed you. I'm on to you.

Ingram said:
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Sorry, that's my buggy--ass skills just targetting you for no good reason!
    Just like you were "eating steak" that one time.

Ingram said:
  • I've been able to kill people quite well, provided they stay in darts...