Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Projects: for project searching, there is already a function to search project GROUPS using *blah* - any chance we could get this expanded for searching via project name? Eg PROJECTS NAME *blah* would pull up any project with blah in the name and PROJECTS STATUS *BLAH* would pull up any projects with blah in the status.
  • edited August 2013
    Is there any way offering at a linked shrine for ylem could be scaled up a bit?

Look at things from this perspective:

- For those that enjoy PK, you're able to take part in focus points for ylem. This yields a good amount of ylem if you put work into it.

- For those that enjoy questing, we'll have the quests coming out soon that Haern mentioned in the other thread. I'm sure this will yield a good amount of ylem for the work you put into it as well.

- For those that enjoy bashing, you get to offer at a linked shrine for.. negligible amounts. 

The way things are now, you've got (or will have) ways for everybody no matter their interest to contribute to the ylem reserves of a city effectively, sans the bashers. I fully believe that there's no reason bashing and offering at a linked shrine can't be a viable alternative to hunting down focus points for those that don't (or can't in some cases, like Sarita)  get involved in PK.

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanXenia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Technically speaking, you could bash the Iernian Fracture, but we all know what problems that has.
    Aldric
    Yeah, I quite like bashing and would happily do the fracture for ylem - except it's tied to PK. When I'm in bash mode I am NOT in PK mode. They are two entirely different mindsets, and I don't enjoy bashing at all when I'm looking out for constant jumps, so I only visit the fracture very rarely when I know nobody is online and I can zone out and bash.
    ArbreXavinXenia
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

I like that added element personally. I'd bash the Fracture more if the Hunting Grounds weren't tied to cities or the people with the artifacts didn't idle in their havens all day or had the hood artifact.

When I was a baddie, I enjoyed running into the protected villages and bashing to my heart's content. Granted, I was primarily looking for PK but still...

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    I don't mind there being more PK mechanics. I just think the Fracture is a bit flawed in its design, especially with the addition of the swarm making it a fairly heavy bashing area. Tying PK into that means it's just not worth visiting most of the time if you are legitimately looking to harvest ylem, and it's mostly used to farm PK - and I'm sure there could be other, better mechanics for that, where you aren't involving random mobs helping people get kills. The end result is that the Fracture is kinda a middle ground between PK and bashing, but isn't really ideal for either.
    Moirean said:
    I don't mind there being more PK mechanics. I just think the Fracture is a bit flawed in its design, especially with the addition of the swarm making it a fairly heavy bashing area. Tying PK into that means it's just not worth visiting most of the time if you are legitimately looking to harvest ylem, and it's mostly used to farm PK - and I'm sure there could be other, better mechanics for that, where you aren't involving random mobs helping people get kills. The end result is that the Fracture is kinda a middle ground between PK and bashing, but isn't really ideal for either.

I can't say I agree if only because of the Hunting Ground items and the fact that you can shackle the eld. Not sure I know what you mean by the addition of the swarm as it has been a while since I have actively ventured into the fracture but that's only cause of the reasons I listed in my previous post.

As far as I know the fracture wasn't designed to be a bashing area, only a PK generator with the pay-off of ylem to your city.

havenbanner2
    Shackling elds COSTS ylem, and you can't shackle the swarm. So if things turn to PK, you end up losing ylem. If it's quiet, sure, it's a good way to get ylem, and if you really want some PK, you might get some - but if the goal is to have a semi-persistent 1v1 PK mechanism tied to ylem (which frankly we could use, since finding/gathering nodes really appeals to a different type than most PKers, which is why we see lessers mostly team pile-ons), it could be done better, like with kills in the fracture releasing ylem into the air which heads to your city pylon or something.
    Moirean said:
    Shackling elds COSTS ylem, and you can't shackle the swarm. So if things turn to PK, you end up losing ylem. If it's quiet, sure, it's a good way to get ylem, and if you really want some PK, you might get some - but if the goal is to have a semi-persistent 1v1 PK mechanism tied to ylem (which frankly we could use, since finding/gathering nodes really appeals to a different type than most PKers, which is why we see lessers mostly team pile-ons), it could be done better, like with kills in the fracture releasing ylem into the air which heads to your city pylon or something.
    Unless I'm mistaken and they've changed things, shackling isn't that expensive of a feat and the yield from clearing the fracture is greater than the cost. I'd even say it's a large difference.
    havenbanner2
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Unless it's been changed, being in the fracture doesn't add to reserves, or at last not at a rate comparable with how many shackles you need to do, to the point of not even breaking even.
  • I think it might have. I was in there earlier for something like 30 minutes, shackling/bashing and ended (when I got gang-destroyed by super eld) with 98% reserves. So I think it does balance out somewhat.
    Oh, that's good! Before I could barely maintain 50%.
    It's a slow gain, and if you're in there bashing, you need to clear out a zone - and if you get jumped and start fighting, those reserves are wasted since you have to drop bashing and start PK.
  • The fracture is a good mechanic for those that are interested in PK, yes, but what I'm saying is we've got a rather enormous chunk of the playerbase with no interest whatsoever in PK, but a high interest in contributing somehow to ylem. Making offerings an actual viable alternative to focus point hunting, though clearly not on the scale of a lesser of course, will help appeal to a wider crowd and get people actually contributing.

I've heard it on Dion a few times now, people saying, "Well soandso doesn't contribute at all," but they're absolutely bash-crazy. Why not let that count for a little more?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Areka said:
    For the shrine linking - I LOVE that this gives bashers/non-pkers an ability to contribute.

However, the returns seem a bit mrph. A round of Xaanhal (200398 essence) was 90 ylem - roughly the same as 2-3 eld. Rather than ylem-per-corpse, would having it be a fraction of the essence offered, be considered? 1/1000th even (making that Xaanhal run 200 ylem, still less than a leyline). 

Aldric
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they acknowledge the problem and mention that they're currently looking over the entire ylem system? I seem to recall this being the case.
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Sure did. Check it.
    Atrapoema
  • Was about to say, isn't this a NON pk thread?
    Moirean
    Eh, discussing how the fracture mechanically works is different from discussing the intricacies of the PK system.
    Lin
  • Everything's about PK.
  • Milking venoms at present on a natural balance (none dex) is

Balance Used: 20.00 seconds

Can we like get this halfed as 20 seconds for just 1 venom is a pain in the rear! as Dex is something like 17 secnods..

milking 300 venoms is a HOURS worth of milking without breaks...

• carving any number of vials over 15 is 35 seconds as dex. If we're changing balance on silly things, anyway.
    Try carving a viable amount of tarot cards.
    Can we please please see an update that allows Cardinal and Ministers to edit chelps ><
    Moirean
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Help files listing the ministry rooms for each city. I have no idea where Duiran's war room is, and neither does anyone else.
    SetneAarbrok
    edited August 2013
    Cathedral of the Forest, I would assume, though I can't verify, being a Spirean. That's where it used to be (still has the annoying fireflies!), and the remapped Duiran has the quartermaster right next to it, though it's weird to have a war room all exposed without doors you can lock...
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Nope, that ain't it.
  • I'm 99% sure we changed to the new area after war was disabled so....we might not -have- a war room.

Lin
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Allow things like vanilla to be used in Fumology. I mean, there are fishy cigarettes around Aetolia, why not vanilla? Moar flavors, please!
    JaslineAldricLinAngwe
  • Like so hard.