Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    A command to chug the contents of a container all in one go.
    Infin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited October 2013
    Bump up the number of facets the dominion crystal can hold, like up to 1k or 5k. Then allow the owner to FOLD (and maybe even REFINE) regardless of what class they are in. The artifact is something used pretty exclusively by people with multiclass, so being able to gather pearls even if you aren't in magi would be a really nice way to let people build up their own individual reserves. Because pearls come from a limited number of mobs, you can't just go out and farm them endlessly, so being able to grab a few crystals every few hours would be great.

To go along with that, probably include an addition that would let GUILDED magi fold and refine regardless of what class they are in. Tending to the MC is kinda tied into their guild RP and activity, so letting them do that even when not in scio/acendril would probably be appreciated.
    InfinAarbrok
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Since I'm not seeing it in CONFIG - an we get a CONFIG option for this new gold thingy? I prefer seeing what individual coin grabs are, rather than having to remember before and after totals and then doing the math (for reference, now when getting gold from the floor, it's echoing what my total is rather than what the amount I just picked up was).
    Jasline
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Moirean said:
    Bump up the number of facets the dominion crystal can hold, like up to 1k or 5k. Then allow the owner to FOLD (and maybe even REFINE) regardless of what class they are in. The artifact is something used pretty exclusively by people with multiclass, so being able to gather pearls even if you aren't in magi would be a really nice way to let people build up their own individual reserves. Because pearls come from mobs, you can't just go out and farm them endlessly, so being able to grab a few crystals every few hours would be great.

To go along with that, probably include an addition that would let GUILDED magi fold and refine regardless of what class they are in. Tending to the MC is kinda tied into their guild RP and activity, so letting them do that even when not in scio/acendril would probably be appreciated.
    To add to this....the Bloodborn Phial can be used regardless of class, so I agree with the dominion crystal on this one.

Also Moirean the Guild can do that now, it was a change made last year I think....
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
      -Syntax:--------------Room sees:--Target sees:---
          |$<name>'re          |he/she is         |you're           |
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

Macavity said:
    Moirean said:
    Bump up the number of facets the dominion crystal can hold, like up to 1k or 5k. Then allow the owner to FOLD (and maybe even REFINE) regardless of what class they are in. The artifact is something used pretty exclusively by people with multiclass, so being able to gather pearls even if you aren't in magi would be a really nice way to let people build up their own individual reserves. Because pearls come from mobs, you can't just go out and farm them endlessly, so being able to grab a few crystals every few hours would be great.

To add to this....the Bloodborn Phial can be used regardless of class, so I agree with the dominion crystal on this one.

Also Moirean the Guild can do that now, it was a change made last year I think....
    WHAAAAAT. One of the reasons I got the crystal is because Scios kept telling me that they had nobody online in Scio class to fold pearls I had gathered. I got troooollllleeed. :(
    Aye they are able to fold and check the MC levels in any class, but to refine they still need to be in that class, which makes sense to be honest, or anyone could access the MC and just steal all the crystals
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• No we can't.  Well, Sciomancers anyway; I just checked.  It's a semi-constant source of frustration.

there was a changelog on it.  

@Razmael or @Oleis any chance we can get a searchchangelog option like we have with the news?  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Angwe
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Macavity said:

there was a changelog on it.  

@Razmael or @Oleis any chance we can get a searchchangelog option like we have with the news?  
    I don't see why not.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Moirean
    edited October 2013
    @Oleis also, enemystatus for House Guild and Orders, just like the cities have!  This would be awesome so people can know why someone was enemied and not have to rely on record keeping in OrgHelp, Projects or Books in libraries

Never mind on this.  It would seem its already there, however you have to do house enemystatus, guild enemystatus, order enemystatus (person)  

Any way we can get this shorten to just enemystatus?  And it pulls up all status of city, house, order, or guild??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

AngweInfin
    Would be great if we could just do ANNOUNCEMENTS and have it pop up guild, city, and global announcements (and keep Liaison open/closed status and such things in the global announcements, builder/guide/celani calls, etc). 
    DaskalosPeriluna
    People who've never held a craft license can't see the DESIGN LIST or use any of the DESIGN commands, currently. This is problematic for guild-related things, as a guild without a dedicated crafter is essentially cut off from all their designs, or even KNOWING about any of their designs. Furthermore, it's annoying for when people want to have some clothing made, as they're unable to see if their desired item is already publicly available somewhere, leading to them writing up a whole new item which is basically just a copy of something that already exists. Why not allow anyone access to DESIGN LIST and its associated commands?
    Ciarelle
    I used to have a GHELP that listed guild designs, and guild accessible designs, to help mitigate that. Though, there's nothing stopping people from asking on market if anyone's able to make X, so they don't have to make a duplicate pattern. I believe Lin pushed/bugged GMs not being able to see the guild design list, in the least.
    It's really annoying. If I could at least access the DESIGN ACCESS list, I could transfer the design to a contracted crafter, have them make a bunch of some guild item and then take the design back. But I can't even do that because I can't use the command.
    Don't need to transfer the design, just DESIGN (num) ALLOW (person). You can't reclaim it if you give it to someone, they have to give it to you. 
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yes, but the problem is that Angwe can't even use the base command DESIGN, since he's not a crafter. It would be good if the Org leader could at least use a few of the commands, such as DESIGN LIST, DESIGN # ALLOW and DESIGN # DENY, perhaps even DESIGN # RENEW.

HavenCiarelle
  • Yeah, I remember getting really annoyed with that myself before I got Jewelcraft. Design list and design renew really, really need to available to org leaders regardless of whether they have a crafting license. 
    Areka said:
    I used to have a GHELP that listed guild designs, and guild accessible designs, to help mitigate that. Though, there's nothing stopping people from asking on market if anyone's able to make X, so they don't have to make a duplicate pattern. I believe Lin pushed/bugged GMs not being able to see the guild design list, in the least.

• Yes. I did too, probably over six months ago. I got the response that there was nothing in the current system that meant we should be able to do that but it was something that was going to be implemented. Apparently, it hasn't been yet.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'd like the bounty board to show the date of posting and the reason
    XeniaAngweDaskalosStathanInfin
  • So, Been bored past few days going through a few different systems and I noticed the same thing over and over..

so small idea:

Angel touch; to have a secondry ability to -angel health- which will show just this

Your guardian burns with a power of 4900 of a maximum 5000.

This will make it much easier to keep track of her health.. So instead of gagging 5+ lines you just need to gag the one .. Or Add angel to GMCP? but Guess the first would be nicer...

Unsure if this happens as I really dont pay much attention to damage like, but the config damage_change,  to also show what damage you've taken... Sorry if that already exists, I have it gagged

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Lower the cooldown on Xaanhal again.

When the area first came out, it had really silly, over-the-top gold drops. This was initially curbed by increasing the cooldown time on the shade of Xaanhal, but I believe drop rates was adjusted again after this point. I make way less gold each time I go down there now. A lot of people go to Tiyen these days, so I sort of think it might be a decent idea to look into the timer on Xaanhal again.

Please?
    Infin
    While part of me would be all over this, we're also really lucky just to have a bashing area (with no aggros or grouping) that has no competition and still drops a decent amount of money. 
  • Areka said:
    While part of me would be all over this, we're also really lucky just to have a bashing area (with no aggros or grouping) that has no competition and still drops a decent amount of money. 
    So some more of that please - ones that would be perhaps more manageable for the squishy too! (or perhaps scale to squishiness if possible? :o )

TeaniMastemaAlice
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think it would be nice if the Parxian orbs showed how many uses are left on them in addition to the months before they decay.
    AngweAlexina
  • ^That. And if reincarnation gem showed you when you could use it next. And if the snowglobe did. And I'm needy. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanArekaAlexinaInfin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'd like to see the duration left on chocolate buffs (sort of how chalice shows up on def).
    MoireanAreka
  • @Ivoln: AB ANIMATION WRECK: please add that it requires torso mangle not only heartflutter. TYVM!