Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I know the gardening pots and planters JUST came out, but already I'm kind of noticing that they're really high maintenance, especially for the plants that keep growing even after you harvest them such as the oranges and roses. It's awesome that they grow so quickly (roughly 5-10 minutes from when you plant the seeds to when they're fully matured and harvestable), but it sucks to have to keep watering them literally every minute or every two minutes or else they die. Maybe increase the water capacity on the pots and planters so we don't have to drop everything every few minutes to grab water to water the plants? I know some people would love to buy the gardening stuff to decorate their houses or havens with, but as it is, it'd probably be impossible for them to grow anything unless they set aside time just for growing stuff.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It'd be really cool if guilds (and maybe cities) had a way to give a special status for lifetime service. It could be called "elder" or "loyalist" or "hero", toss it as a special note after guild rank on score and GWHO, and earning the role would confer an honor line - and leaving the org would strip it. Perhaps also make the status require a unanimous vote by the leadership - the idea is that this would not be something just given away lightly, but it would offer this great way to recognize people who have constantly served their orgs for ages, or who may have stepped down from power, or who've gone through extensive post-guild progression. 
    FerrikInfinErzsebet
    Also on the topic of guild statuses, I loved the idea mentioned a bit back about orgs being able to own shops. Formalize that even more by letting GMs appoint people "quartermasters" or "merchants" which would grant them access to the guild shop, privs associated with that, and also let them withdraw a modest amount of money from the guild bank (like maybe 10-25k/day) for any needs. 

In a similar vein, maybe also let people be appointed "captains" or "officers" in cities/guilds, which would give them some useful PK/security/combat-related commands, such as the ability to lock/unlock doors, execute special commands in an org's sparring room (maybe view command input from another player in the room? That would be a REALLY useful tool for training others), set enemies (for a guild, security ministry covers that for a city).

A third option along this vein would be a role of guild "scribes" or "scholars" - they could serve as org librarians, make/edit projects, update org helpfiles.

While many of these things might be covered by secretary statuses or rank privs, often you only want one aspect covered by someone, or you don't want to bloat out your secretary ranks, but you still want to let people progress in the leadership ladder and contribute.

Not only would these make things a lot easier logistically from an org leader standpoint, it'd also be a nice thing to bestow on someone - having a cool status you can see on score and when others check org lists really can be awesome engagement and motivation, especially for newer or less heavily active players, and it would let leaders parcel out advancements in discrete bits. 
    Infin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I know it's been brought up a lot and kicked around in various forms, but it would be really great if GUILD PROMOTE could be expanded to raise someone's rank by 1 (from gr1 to gr5), with a one RL day cooldown. 

Just wanted to bring this up because it's been a hassle recently - we were trying to get someone to gr3 in Templar, and the gr5 favour's too weak (three hasn't done it), but GM favour will move them to gr4 (and secs haven't been around to do it). 

@moirean - some of those specialized roles would be nice, especially for inbetween of novice aides and secretaries, though I think we'd also need to actually look at guilds/guild size to determine how many positions/position types are reasonable with actual populations. Some guilds have trouble filling just secretary roles, let alone all of these other flavours. 
    Erzsebet
    Fair enough - ideally it'd be nice if we could make up specialized roles ourselves, cherrypicking from secretary/gr privs (and maybe just toss some extra privs into the entire list, like shop access, sparring room oversight, etc - if you don't want anyone having them, just dunk them up at level 20). That would let guilds create their own custom roles, tailored to each guild. 
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Honestly, I don't see why GMs can't just place someone at a rank.
    Angwe said:
    That'd be horribly open to abuse, and also kinda undercut the power of GF from other members.
    XavinSolariaTeaniIvoln
    Please can it be retconned that Charlie somehow survived the stupidhead Carnifex slaughtering everyone in Jaru? Maybe they recruited him to the Keep or something. He'd fit in well there, promise. I miiiiiss him. And his services. >_>
  • Stop trying to replace me with NPCs :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArbreErzsebet
    Sorry Toz, you ain't got nothing on Charlie.
  • So Moirean is the reason for the putty. New Toz 2.0

• IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    edited November 2013
    Angwe said:
    Yeah that's probably not happening.

Fun fact: A guildfavour from the GM, given to a fresh guild novice who has had no other favors, will escalate their rank to GR2, with their super secret rank value putting them very close to GR3. If you have someone below GR10 promote them afterward, it will knock them to GR3.

Moirean said:
    Please can it be retconned that Charlie somehow survived the stupidhead Carnifex slaughtering everyone in Jaru? Maybe they recruited him to the Keep or something. He'd fit in well there, promise. I miiiiiss him. And his services. >_>
    Sorry, Charlie?
    Chaaaaaarlieeeeeee.

The Jaru Taxidermist. He made me stuffed kittens. ^_^

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Ivoln

The last few times a Teradrim GM tried that, it always took the person to GR 3, even back when Sarita was GM. Unless that was just changed recently, a GR 19 will leave them at GR 2 after a favor, but not the GM.
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Not sure what to say. I've been a guildmaster several times on my mortals, and I always reliably promoted novices to GR2. I'll take a double check at how it works.
  • Angwe said:
    Houses have this they members can promote from HR1 to HR2 and then to HR3 and Housemasters can promote to HR5. Why is this not viable for guilds?
    1) Enorian declares war on Bloodloch, because Ellenia said Dato was a smelly butt face.
    Erzsebet
  • Person 1 works hard in the guild gets guild favors regularly, eventually earns GR 10 or higher. Person 2 makes an alt and GMFriend places them at rank 10 after they "complete" their class requirements. Hate to say it, but our players have proven they can't handle any power given to them.
    MoireanTeani
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Likely won't happen but I'll suggest it anyway:

Making patrol groups and routes for guards in cities.  IE setting a path and calling it value to distinguish it, (patrol route 1 for instance) then making a group of guards and tagging them together as (patrol group A)  Then you could assign patrol group A to patrol route 1.  This to me seems more helpful then random patrols.

Note that I have no idea how hard that would be to implement
  • Missari said:
    Person 1 works hard in the guild gets guild favors regularly, eventually earns GR 10 or higher. Person 2 makes an alt and GMFriend places them at rank 10 after they "complete" their class requirements. Hate to say it, but our players have proven they can't handle any power given to them.
    Make it like a house and cap at GR5
    1) Enorian declares war on Bloodloch, because Ellenia said Dato was a smelly butt face.
    Missari said:
    Person 1 works hard in the guild gets guild favors regularly, eventually earns GR 10 or higher. Person 2 makes an alt and GMFriend places them at rank 10 after they "complete" their class requirements. Hate to say it, but our players have proven they can't handle any power given to them.
    The GM could just regularly favor their buddy anyway. Besides, it doesn't really affect anything but guild privs. All that would change is that a GM wouldn't have to go through a week of daily favoring someone who they elected to a Secretary position or w/e instead of favoring the aforementioned person 1. It's a quality of life thing.
    InfinErzsebet
  • I suppose if you have a guild structure where secretaries are promoted based on position rather than merit that could be useful, but it's still so open to abuse. Like the GM finding out someone doesn't want class and placing them at gr3. Granted it only takes a howling for that to happen currently, but the victim at least has a chance to react and quit the guild before they lose half their lessons.
    edited November 2013
    Eh, nevermind. I'd rather not clog up the small idea thread talking about this.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    It'd only be worth it if class wasn't still a guild commodity. >_>

I mean, just about everything else about the game has changed except this. Guild evolution. Go, team, go!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    edited November 2013
    For the new gardening stuff, is there any way we can purchase seeds by the plant type, eg pumpkin or pumpkinseeds or pumpkinpacket, instead of having to type packet####? That would make things a looooot easier. 
    Piper
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I would love to see it possible to wear the baby bats, like you can with most other minipets. Any chance we can see this change?

• MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Moirean said:
    For the new gardening stuff, is there any way we can purchase seeds by the plant type, eg pumpkin or pumpkinseeds or pumpkinpacket, instead of having to type packet####? That would make things a looooot easier. 
    Done.
    PiperMoirean
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited November 2013
    Maybe a guild priv setting so the guildmaster can set what rank equiv a secretaries favor is? Could always have it be overridden if the secretaries rank were higher.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Could even make a separate command like "secretaryfavor" or something if you wanted to distinguish OFFICIAL favors or if it was too hard to edit the guildfavor command.
  • Sessizlik said:

I would love to see it possible to wear the baby bats, like you can with most other minipets. Any chance we can see this change?

Sure.
    Sessizlik
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    @Iosyne is my new favorite.