Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

(You probably mean wrack but wreck sounds way more awesome and why don't we have that)
    IvolnAarbrokPeriluna
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    edited October 2013
    I am legit going to ask if we can call it Wreck instead. I'm not the one you want to bug about AB files, by the way. Ask @Valdus, preferably in-game!
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    *Goes back darkie and gets Teradrim just to make my Golem look like Wreck it Ralph...*
  • @Oleis I been getting told 'monk combo' doesnt work in retard and seems silly,

can we get it so Monk combo works like a normal combo in retard?

Sorry I know this isn't a combat thread but seems REALLY REALLY silly that only skill in game not to work in retard is monks main 'easier' attacking skill...
    Lamb is not the same as a SHEEP!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    No combo works in retard. Not Dhuriv Combo, nor Ferality Combo not (presumably) Battlefury or Carnifex combo. None of them. Just separate your attacks. I don't use Dhuriv Combo except when bashing partially for this reason.
  • edited October 2013
    Battlefury doesn't have a combo. Preload those swords and hold enter down on dsk target. Muahahaha!
  • Combo is suppose to make life easier! not so you have 10 different ways to do 1 attack .. well in my books
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited October 2013
    I kept COMBO's retardation restriction when I rewrote the command because I wanted to improve its friendliness and flexibility without affecting its combat effectiveness. That was probably misguided. Sometime soon I'll go through and make the necessary adjustments in the various combo attacks.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    KerrynInfin

• Oleis said:
    I kept COMBO's retardation restriction when I rewrote the command because I wanted to improve its friendliness and flexibility without affecting its combat effectiveness. That was probably misguided. Sometime soon I'll go through and make the necessary adjustments in the various combo attacks.
    Thank you :)
    Kerryn
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Could we get the HELP RACIALSKILLS file updated to show full syntaxes for the various skills? IE Fire breathing doesn't show full syntax, especially not for breathing fire at icewalls vs people, and entering 'breathe fire' doesn't bring up a list. 
    Infin
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Areka said:
    Could we get the HELP RACIALSKILLS file updated to show full syntaxes for the various skills? IE Fire breathing doesn't show full syntax, especially not for breathing fire at icewalls vs people, and entering 'breathe fire' doesn't bring up a list. 
    This is now added, and also did some general touch-up work to the rest of the file.
    ArekaInfin
    Thank you!
  • Is it possible to just give the group novices a discount for shops without having to put them all in a clan and give that clan a discount.

MoireanErzsebet
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Please change the nibble emote. Please. I want to be able to sample food without these crazy things happening:

You smile and pull a stout mushroom with a chestnut-hued cap close and tenderly nibble on its ear.
    SessizlikPiperAngwe
    A stout mushroom with a chestnut-hued cap shouts, "I need an adult!"

(No, but really, that's a good idea.)
    [---]
    Saybre
    It would be great if we could delete newsposts within a certain amount of time of posting, for those off-chance derps of aliases not shutting down and posts being titled not 'A feast, albeit late notice', but 'dsw Xorani', so we can fix it. >>
    Moirean
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited October 2013
    Could we see the full line of additional ingredients be added to crafting designs?

As such:
    Additional Ingredients:  1 feather 1 glass 1 rose 1 ore 1 crystal 1 xorani 1 stone
    Would be replaced with:
    Additional Ingredients:  1 a phoenix feather, 1 a simple glass overflowing with milk, 1 a white rose, 1 a chunk of ilmerite ore, 1 a crystal egg, 1 the corpse of a scraggly, insane Xorani mage, 1 a marble block

This would make both approving/rejecting designs so much easier, as well as making it less of a hassle when you're trying to figure out why a design can't be crafted despite the fact that you're holding all the ingredients.

EDIT:
    I guess it'd look neater if you would display the items as they show when looking in your inventory. But, you get the point. Would be totally awesome.
    JaslineErzsebet
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Alexina said:
    Please change the nibble emote. Please. I want to be able to sample food without these crazy things happening:

You smile and pull a stout mushroom with a chestnut-hued cap close and tenderly nibble on its ear.
    Here you go:

1:  You nibble gently on your lower lip as you focus your thoughts.
    3:  $+(name$) nibbles gently on $(his$) lower lip, a perturbed look on $(his$) 
    face.
    1t: You nibble lightly on $(lname$).
    2t: $+(name$) nibbles lightly on you.
    3t: $+(name$) nibbles lightly on $(name$).
    AlexinaArekaSaybreMastemaTeaniInfin
  • Areka said:
    It would be great if we could delete newsposts within a certain amount of time of posting, for those off-chance derps of aliases not shutting down and posts being titled not 'A feast, albeit late notice', but 'dsw Xorani', so we can fix it. >>
    I've thought on this a few times before - I think an even better solution would be simple confirmation, either before or after writing it all. "To who are you writing: " - Everyone  - "You are writing to: Everyone - Is this correct y/n?""Subject: " Crocodiles are great. "Your subject is: Crocodiles are great - Is this correct y/n?" 

Alternatively or in addition when you've finished writing your entire posting, instead of it all immediately going in, include a more clear overview and ask for a confirmation: "This will be your newspost, please confirm."  With the audience and subject at the top.

It might be a little bit more of a bother, however I think in the long run it will help those people who are not as familiar with it (e.g. also the formatting) and prevent all the 'bleepdeblorps' you sometimes see in posts or subject lines. Right now it doesn't confirm or echo your input at all for subjects and audience.

ArekaMastemaTeaniHavenAarbrok
  • ^

This times 1000.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    It's for that reason that I always *echo before I *save. That said, I'll discuss a window of deletion for news posts.
    [---]
    PerilunaErzsebet
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    The problem comes with all of the people that use third party editors (cmud, mudbot, et cetera). You just 'send to server' and it auto-saves, but the problem is, the formatting in the editor doesn't always line up (for instance, the editor doesn't support TAB)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AngweMastemaPeriluna
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Allow shop proceeds to go directly into an organization's bank account.
    DaskalosMoireanEsperCiarelle
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ezalor said:
    Allow shop proceeds to go directly into an organization's bank account.
    I would say make it an option rather one or the other.
    Another help file thing, but could HELP MOUNTS direct to HELP HORSEMANSHIP, and have that file also list information about artifact bits/mount armour and how to use them/syntaxes? 
    Piper
    AND ONE MORE helpfile thing!

Could 'HELP ARTIFACTS' list all of the other artifact helpfiles at the bottom? Misc, defensive, offensive, runes, coinartifacts, etc? 

MoireanFerrik
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The individual files could probably use an update. Some artifacts are listed there that you can't get anymore, like dstab speed.
    Areka
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited November 2013
    Lantern and Lamppost templates for jewelcrafting. I'd use candleholder but I don't think that would pass through the crafting guild very easily.
    AarbrokAreka
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited November 2013
    Nevermind.
  • edited November 2013
    SLAP Bloodborn or, make getting a phial of blood much easier then waiting for a Bloodborn to wake, as none of them like using the class so the off chance (maybe a weeks waiting) to get a phial is HARD....

Cant you make like a mob to do it for a small profit?

and Cauldrons classing as 'empty' even tho it has stuff in it.. so uncool!